PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Williams Anyone?

Pacemaker
04-17-2008, 03:54 PM
I just read Marcus Williams might be on the block ? How about acquiring a once cherished draft pick?

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Rebuilding_cant_begin_soon_enough_for_Thorn.html

Ownagedood
04-17-2008, 03:56 PM
I always liked him. Depends what we would have to give for him though.

Young
04-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Sure i'd like to have him as long as we are sending Jamaal somewhere in the process.

Unclebuck
04-17-2008, 04:11 PM
I just don't think he is that good. If we did acquire him, I think we would always be looking for someone better and never quite be satisfied with him.

Ownagedood
04-17-2008, 04:16 PM
I just don't think he is that good. If we did acquire him, I think we would always be looking for someone better and never quite be satisfied with him.
That's true.. Like all of our PG's since Mark Jackson. :)

OakMoses
04-17-2008, 04:38 PM

I agree completely. I don't think he'll ever be anything more than a serviceable PG. Good enough to start, but not special in any way. All that being said, I'd probably trade Ike for him if O'Brien's not going to play him.

Hicks
04-17-2008, 04:45 PM
We won't touch him.

Jonathan
04-17-2008, 04:46 PM
Was D Armstrong ahead of him on the PG rotation b/f his injury at the start of the season?

The Nets did not many victoires w/ him in the line-up towards the end of this season.

JayRedd
04-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Not sure he's that good. Seems like a career Earl Watson or Anthony Johnson type. We don't need another backup PG starting for us.

Will Galen
04-18-2008, 04:21 PM
We won't touch him.

Like Mal said, we won't touch him!

I must say, some of you guys just don't pay attention. The Pacers keep saying they aren't going to obtain players with suspect character.

O'B went so far as to say in his last show that the team was going to spare no expense into looking into possible players backgrounds.

tadscout
04-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Like Mal said, we won't touch him!

I must say, some of you guys just don't pay attention. The Pacers keep saying they aren't going to obtain players with suspect character.

O'B went so far as to say in his last show that the team was going to spare no expense into looking into possible players backgrounds.

:amen:

MyFavMartin
04-18-2008, 06:37 PM
I'd rather pick up Foye of Minny if the Wolves land the 2nd pick and get Rose.

I think Williams would be good, not great. His character issues are long past and I believe he's learned from them. No issues since the laptop thing. He's got talent on the offensive side. Suspect defense.

But if it means moving Tinsley.... :dance:

Anthem
04-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Meh. Another backup. Call me when we find a starter.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 02:32 PM
I know Kegboy and I were about the only 2 that were GENUINELY upset that the Ps didn't take him in the draft

Will Galen
04-19-2008, 03:53 PM
I know Kegboy and I were about the only 2 that were GENUINELY upset that the Ps didn't take him in the draft

Be prepared to be upset again if you want the Pacers to take anyone perceived to have character issues.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Be prepared to be upset again if you want the Pacers to take anyone perceived to have character issues.

bad PR move

good basketball move

kinda reminds me of SJax situation

Kegboy
04-20-2008, 12:37 AM

Yep, because taking choir boy Shawne Williams instead really worked out well in that regard.

And while I personally would have taken Marcus, I was more upset that Larry left a half dozen quality PG prospects on the board to not only take another SF, but someone whom last I saw was the worst player in the worst basketball game I'd ever seen (Memphis-UCLA Elite Eight.)

Gamble1
04-20-2008, 01:35 AM
Yep, because taking choir boy Shawne Williams instead really worked out well in that regard.

And while I personally would have taken Marcus, I was more upset that Larry left a half dozen quality PG prospects on the board to not only take another SF, but someone whom last I saw was the worst player in the worst basketball game I'd ever seen (Memphis-UCLA Elite Eight.)
WOW! That was brutal.

I would rather wait for better options but if we could get hiim on the cheap its better than what we have now.

D-BONE
04-20-2008, 08:53 AM
I don't care about MW's past off-court trangressions. I care about the fact that I just don't think he's that great.

From my perspective, if we want improved perimeter D, that's a big strike against him there. That's not at all his forte. Passing and offense are his stronger area, but even then I don't find him overly impressive.

D-BONE
04-20-2008, 08:54 AM
I'd rather pick up Foye of Minny if the Wolves land the 2nd pick and get Rose.

I think Williams would be good, not great. His character issues are long past and I believe he's learned from them. No issues since the laptop thing. He's got talent on the offensive side. Suspect defense.

But if it means moving Tinsley.... :dance:

If that could realistically happen, sign me up. Foye would be one of the many points mention here that would truly fit the bill of starting calibur point.