Shade
06-08-2004, 09:10 PM
Salvatore tonight. :puke:

TheSauceMaster
06-08-2004, 09:12 PM
your trying your best for reverse karma aren't you ? :laugh:

Shade
06-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Big Ben already called for an over-the-back. How ****ing funny is THAT?! :rolleyes:

Shade
06-08-2004, 09:15 PM
George slaps away, no call, another phantom call when Kobe hoists the ball up.

Detroit will not overcome the Lakers lovefest from the refs tonight.

Shade
06-08-2004, 09:20 PM
The Lakers are flopping all over the place and getting the calls the Pistons got against us.

I TOLD YOU SO.

TheSauceMaster
06-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Shade go be a ref and show them how to do it :laugh:

Shade
06-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Shade go be a ref and show them how to do it :laugh:

:devil:

Shade
06-08-2004, 10:19 PM
Kobe flops, Rip called for a offensive foul, acts like he's going to hit the ref with the ball, gets t'd up.

LAPacer
06-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Kstat and Fool were trying to debate with me this morning about how the games have been called fair or that the refs don't call it by preference. I wonder how they feel after being raped in the first half by the zebras.

Cactus Jax
06-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Kobe flops, Rip called for a offensive foul, acts like he's going to hit the ref with the ball, gets t'd up.

Yeah the refs are really changing the game there in the 2nd quarter. I love first of all how Kobe thinks he's some sort of defensive stopper, Rip just missed a ton of open shots :mad:. Also, how EVERYBODY wants the Lakers to win on ABC or in th emedia; for example Bill Walton cheering for the Shaq dunk, and now all of a sudden how unbelievable the Lakers defense is.

Shade
06-08-2004, 10:23 PM

Yeah the refs are really changing the game there in the 2nd quarter. I love first of all how Kobe thinks he's some sort of defensive stopper, Rip just missed a ton of open shots :mad:. Also, how EVERYBODY wants the Lakers to win on ABC or in th emedia; for example Bill Walton cheering for the Shaq dunk, and now all of a sudden how unbelievable the Lakers defense is.

Yup. Bunch of kiss-*** moronic sheep.

Hicks
06-08-2004, 10:26 PM
When I saw that they had both Salvatore AND Javie out there, I knew this would be a ****** night from the refs.

LAPacer
06-08-2004, 11:29 PM
The effect of Salvatore increases as the Pistons look like they have a chance of winning. Thats a pretty fast 5 second call

Kstat
06-09-2004, 01:26 AM
Good teams win DESPITE the refs. The notion that the NBA can fix game is retarded, plain and simple. The refs cant block your shots or put the ball in for the other team.

Hicks
06-09-2004, 01:27 AM
Whenever someone totally denies the refs can give games to a team, I remember the 4th quarter of Game 6 of the 2002 WCF. What a sham that was.

Kstat
06-09-2004, 01:28 AM
Whenever someone totally denies the refs can give games to a team, I remember the 4th quarter of Game 6 of the 2002 WCF. What a sham that was.

....and if the Kings simply make their FTs in game 7, Sacramento has a 2002 baner right now. :rolleyes:

Hicks
06-09-2004, 01:30 AM

....and if the Kings simply make their FTs in game 7, Sacramento has a 2002 baner right now. :rolleyes:

I know, and I don't care. Game 6 was a disgrace to the game.

sweabs
06-09-2004, 01:30 AM

If If If If If...:puke:

Kstat
06-09-2004, 01:31 AM

Fine.

And the Kings STILL have only themselves to blame for losing the series. Stern doesn't cause them to choke repeatedly at the FT line.

Hicks
06-09-2004, 01:33 AM

Fine.

And the Kings STILL have only themselves to blame for losing the series. Stern doesn't cause them to choke repeatedly at the FT line.

You've essentially just repeated yourself. Do I really need to do the same?

Teams can/could/would/should win and lose a 100 different ways. When one of them seems to be over something they can't control, by a party that shouldn't have a say in what happens, I notice it and take offense.

TheSauceMaster
06-09-2004, 02:18 AM
Good teams win DESPITE the refs. The notion that the NBA can fix game is retarded, plain and simple. The refs cant block your shots or put the ball in for the other team.

Amen :cheers:

Fool
06-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Al Micheals made a comment durring the game in which he said "the Lakers actually out fouled the Pistons in game one. Thats amazing."

Man that guy is an a$$. After reading this convo its funny that game 2 came down to not fouling when they probably should have. (and no, I still don't blame the refs)

sc
06-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Games in the NBA can be fixed or at least altered by refs. Kstat you had to blow your top on that phantom foul in the 4th. So eerily familiar to 1988.

Calls tick tack fouls cen kill a defensive minded team. It took 2 quarters for Salvatore or Javie to call Payton for his so-called defense.

You know next game will be reffed by Bevatta then Salvatore, Bevata in Game 4 and then Bevatta Javie in Game 5. Lakers win series 4-1.

Kstat
06-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Games in the NBA can be fixed or at least altered by refs. Kstat you had to blow your top on that phantom foul in the 4th. So eerily familiar to 1988.

Calls tick tack fouls cen kill a defensive minded team. It took 2 quarters for Salvatore or Javie to call Payton for his so-called defense.

You know next game will be reffed by Bevatta then Salvatore, Bevata in Game 4 and then Bevatta Javie in Game 5. Lakers win series 4-1.

Sorry, I refuse to believe that load of crap. Bad call, yes. Fixed call, no. Had KAreem missed either FT, we win. If Joe DUmars doesnt lose the ball on his last shot attempt, we win. We had our chances to win DESPITE the call.

Hicks
06-09-2004, 07:34 PM
Of course, you wouldn't need those chances without the call

Kstat
06-09-2004, 07:35 PM

Don't care. Great teams win no matter who the refs are. If you can't overcome a few bad calls, you don't deserve to win anything.

Hicks
06-09-2004, 07:41 PM
I'm saying there shouldn't be those types of calls, but whatever.

I think this could all be solved by giving NBA coaches the same ability of NFL coaches, and that being to video review one call per half.

Cactus Jax
06-09-2004, 09:37 PM
Most of the time I agree with Kstat and LedZeppelinColt as the refs don't affect the game THAT much most of the time. I blame them when individual calls or no calls affect the game, like obviously the infamous 4 point play.

Sometimes I'll blame them when they let one team do things the other team can't do, like what happened in the Sacramento/LA game 6.

What I'll say though is that the refs have been VERY good this offseason for the most part. The pissed off times at them have been few and far between.

Hicks
06-09-2004, 09:44 PM

I know, and I don't care....

Yep!

Frankly that pretty much sums up (you and) a lot of the HATERS on the board.

GO AHEAD take your ball and go home.

Whaaaaaa....waaaaaaaa.

Grow up.

And everything doesn't revolve around your precious Lakers, either. This **** happens to other people besides your boys in LA LA land.

Shade
06-09-2004, 09:57 PM

Don't care. Great teams win no matter who the refs are. If you can't overcome a few bad calls, you don't deserve to win anything.

Oh, that's a bunch of crap. Rules are in place for a reason, and when one team is given an unfair advantage, even a slight one, that's CHEATING. No team should HAVE to over come a team that cheats to gain an advantage. If the other team can't win without an unfair advantage, then THEY don't deserve to win.

Give me a friggin' break. :rolleyes:

Shade
06-09-2004, 09:58 PM

I know, and I don't care....

Yep!

Frankly that pretty much sums up (you and) a lot of the HATERS on the board.

GO AHEAD take your ball and go home.

Whaaaaaa....waaaaaaaa.

.... Lakers win series 4-1.

Well I am pretty sure you got the last part right anyways.

Anyone here start the EXCUSE THREAD yet?

Isn't there a place here where all of this crying and whining can be done in unison?

:rotflmao:

Funny how that always comes out of the mouths of the fans of the beneficiaries... :rolleyes:

sc
06-10-2004, 11:03 AM
Kstat you believe that all you want. But how many games has Salvatore or Bevetta influnced in the last 10 seconds so far this season. I can think of four.

Holding fouls in Football and like contact fouls in the NBA. They can be called every play and can be called to influence a game.

Granted if the Pistons would have made their free throws, what did they shot 50% from the line. This is a moot point. But to say that the Referees do not or can not influence games is flat out distrubing.

sc
06-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Considering that all four were losses and all finished on questionable calls by one ref.

And not 4 out of 90, Salvatore has not been the ref for every game smartass.

Funny that the NBA had a meeting with Salavatore and the Pistons before the season about his so-called officating towards the Pistons and his Hatred of Larry Brown.