PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Sick to my stomach: Hawks lost 2 in a row!

NuffSaid
04-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Aaaaarrrrgggghhh!!!

The Hawks lost the two games I expected they'd lost: Celtics and Magic.

Had the Pacers beaten the Wizards or the Bobcats and then went on to beat the Knicks tonight they'd be in the post-season! :banghead:

I need some Tums bad.... :puke:

aero
04-16-2008, 12:01 PM
after much thought, Id rather have the 11 pick in the draft than getting swept by the Celtics....

Phildog
04-16-2008, 12:03 PM
The P's obviously don't deserve to be in the playoffs, as they had the opportunity but blew it each time. Not on a knock on them, just the reality of the situation in my opinion. Too bad the western conference team out in the cold couldn't get plugged into that spot....of course they would probably run the EAST then.

Unclebuck
04-16-2008, 12:09 PM
If the Hawks needed to win last bight they would have

NuffSaid
04-16-2008, 12:49 PM
If the Hawks needed to win last bight they would have
Okay...

You keep believing that...

I think the chips just fell the right way for the Hawks this year. They needed to end their post-season drought alot more than the Pacers need to get back after missing post-season play for only the 2nd time in 16 seasons. That's a lot better than not getting there for 13 seasons. The basketball gods simply blinked for the Pacers and kept their eye on the prize for the Hawks. I mean, what team suddenly comes down w/stomach flu at the most critical point of the season unless it was an act of fate? It just wasn't meant to be for my boyz this year.

OnlyPacersLeft
04-16-2008, 01:06 PM
agreed nuffsaid....it just felt like it wasn't in the cards for us. the boys overcame a 10 pt deficit to beat the bucks...won a huge road game in philly. Came to within 1 pt on the cats and just looked deflated vs washington. It's unfortunate...:-/

Ownagedood
04-16-2008, 01:19 PM
after much thought, Id rather have the 11 pick in the draft than getting swept by the Celtics....
Agreed. It sucks missing the playoffs.. Especially since Granger really deserves it. But, I rather us get the 11 pick and not make it then get owned by Boston again.

Kstat
04-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Atlanta only used their starters half the game last night. They clearly played it differently than if it was a must-win game.

Anthem
04-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Besides, Kstat said it best: If we couldn't beat Charlotte in a must-win game, then we didn't deserve to be in.

McKeyFan
04-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Besides, Kstat said it best: If we couldn't beat Charlotte in a must-win game, then we didn't deserve to be in.

QFT.

As much as I wanted to be in the playoffs, our dismal sub par 500 record needs to felt and embraced and experienced properly (the playoffs create a mirage instead) so that Bird and co. will truly make the radical changes over the summer that are necessary.

RamBo_Lamar
04-16-2008, 03:50 PM
I doubt your sick-to-the-stomach feeling was as sick as the feeling I had
when the Pacers went into Minne (the league's worst team at the time),
had a 20 point lead going into the 4th, and ended up losing.

Anyway, the Hawks are about to lose 4 more in a row, so as far as I'm
concerned right now, better them than us.

Oneal07
04-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Aaaaarrrrgggghhh!!!

The Hawks lost the two games I expected they'd lost: Celtics and Magic.

Had the Pacers beaten the Wizards or the Bobcats and then went on to beat the Knicks tonight they'd be in the post-season! :banghead:

I need some Tums bad.... :puke:

Things happen for a reason lol

Shade
04-16-2008, 11:45 PM
Make that 3 in a row. ;)

And soon to be 7 in a row. :devil:

clownskull
04-17-2008, 05:14 PM
after the hawks knew they had the last spot wrapped up, they didn't put in the effort since it wasn't needed. they deserved to make it more than the pacers. i mean we have seen the colts do the same thing when they know they got playoffs and home field advantage. there is no longer any pressing need to play your starters major minutes after the remaining regular season are essentially meaningless which they were for the hawks. the playoffs will be meaningless for them too. 4-0 celts and it won't be close.

Pacemaker
04-17-2008, 05:45 PM

I totally agree with you. This draft is looking good now with the addition of Love to the list.

carpediem024
04-17-2008, 11:13 PM
Just have terrible luck......