PDA

View Full Version : Last game before many changes...

Ownagedood
04-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Enjoy the game everyone.. This will be the last game for us to see some of our players..

I think we should give JO the ball a lot on offense to try and showcase he still can ball.. It's probably too late and they wouldn't believe it if it was just one game, but still, it could boost any trade value. My guess is he will be on our team next year though, because his value is low, but high on this team.

Dun could very well be gone. He had an outstanding season, and his stock is very high.

I would hope that we would keep Granger, but after Granger there isn't really one specific player that I would be ticked about if we traded them.

Jonathan
04-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Do you see the fans booing Donny Walsh? I know Isiah will get booed but not like he does at the Garden.

aero
04-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Granger, staying.
Dun Dun, staying.

...as for the rest of the team. its fare game. I expect the Pacers to try and move Tinsley as best they can...he isn't worth much but at this point id take a vet and a 2nd rounder for him without even thinking.

Ownagedood
04-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Do you see the fans booing Donny Walsh? I know Isiah will get booed but not like he does at the Garden.
Lol, ya, if he is announced, goes on the jumbo tron or something.. I know I will.. He did a lot of great things for us in the past, but when we needed him he walks out.. So I shall boo my arse off when the chance is provided. :happydanc

Trader Joe
04-16-2008, 12:53 PM
I think Donnie moving on was the best thing that happened to us this season...

Speed
04-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Lol, ya, if he is announced, goes on the jumbo tron or something.. I know I will.. He did a lot of great things for us in the past, but when we needed him he walks out.. So I shall boo my arse off when the chance is provided. :happydanc

You're kidding, right?

I'll cheer! Dude gave them 24 years, thats pretty good I'd say.

BPump33
04-16-2008, 01:00 PM
You're kidding, right?

I'll cheer! Dude gave them 24 years, thats pretty good I'd say.

You beat me to the punch. There is no way I will boo Donnie tonight. 24 years.......come on.

Ownagedood
04-16-2008, 01:22 PM
You beat me to the punch. There is no way I will boo Donnie tonight. 24 years.......come on.
Ya, I know.. But in my lifetime he has done nothing amazing except draft Reggie over Alford.. I mean come on guys.. He isn't really that amazing, he makes deals just like everyone else, he is just respected because he has been in it so long.. I still respect him, but am upset that he left early when we actually need a solid GM.(Of course, I think Bird will do fine, just disturbed that he up and left in the middle of the year.. Seems like he just doesn't want to do the work it takes to get his team back in it)

But, seriously, he hasn't done much different then any other GM in the league, except for that great pick of Reggie Miller.. That's why we were great. Reggie Miller. And you can't just say he has done a million things for us, because for the most part it was all because of Uncle Reg.

Drafting Reggie over Alford was one of Donnie's least impressive things he did. Alford was never even a possibility at that pick

Moses
04-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Ya, I know.. But in my lifetime he has done nothing amazing except draft Reggie over Alford.. I mean come on guys.. He isn't really that amazing, he makes deals just like everyone else, he is just respected because he has been in it so long.. I still respect him, but am upset that he left early when we actually need a solid GM.(Of course, I think Bird will do fine, just disturbed that he up and left in the middle of the year.. Seems like he just doesn't want to do the work it takes to get his team back in it)

But, seriously, he hasn't done much different then any other GM in the league, except for that great pick of Reggie Miller.. That's why we were great. Reggie Miller. And you can't just say he has done a million things for us, because for the most part it was all because of Uncle Reg.
This should be good.

Speed

Without getting too much into that old tired debate of rather he did a good job. BTW, I think he's probably one of the top 5 GMs in the last quarter decade. I will be shocked if anyone at tonights game boos him, if they do I would guess they'll be drowned out by cheers, I hope.

Swingman

So trading Dale Davis for JO doesn't count? Or dealing for Artest, Brad Miller and Jalen Rose?

Speed
04-16-2008, 01:28 PM
This should be good.

Nah, its all subjective. Its been argued on here a million times over. Dude built them from the closed curtains to the finals. I could argue it trade by trade, draft by draft, but whats the point.

BPump33
04-16-2008, 01:43 PM
This should be good.

I don't really want to get into all that, either. I definitely agree with Speed that the cheer should well outnumber the boos tonight for Donnie. If you want to boo him, then by all means boo away. I just hope that I can't hear you over the applause.

On a related note, feel free to let Isiah have it. :p

Speed
04-16-2008, 01:45 PM
On a related note, feel free to let Isiah have it. :p

Agreed, we need to send him off in style.

OnlyPacersLeft
04-16-2008, 02:23 PM
say goodbye to graham,owens,rush,harrison,williams,flip murray,ike, and possibly dunleavy...
then we might trade JO and tinsley...woo we are looking at a completely diff team next season!

Will Galen
04-16-2008, 02:26 PM

BOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Drafting Reggie over Alford was one of Donnie's least impressive things he did. Alford was never even a possibility at that pick

BOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOO! BOOOOOO! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

andreialta
04-16-2008, 02:28 PM
I think dun dun is gonna be sayin tho if Rick Carlisle gets hired for chicago.. things mite change.

i can see a hughes for Mike trade. however it's so unlikely but im just putting it out there.

Donnie should be cheered.. a hero's welcome??? too much? hhaa

Alpolloloco
04-16-2008, 02:37 PM
So trading Dale Davis for JO doesn't count? Or dealing for Artest, Brad Miller and Jalen Rose?

Good trades at first sight, yoo bad it didn't turn out the way it was visioned.

I really don't think JO has been worth his 100+ million contract, let alone what Artest (and those fools Jackson /Tinsley too) has done for this franchise!

joeyd
04-16-2008, 02:43 PM
I would hope that they keep Foster. I like the scoring he has added to his game. It's also hard to argue that despite the limited minutes he plays (routinely 30 or less per game) he still ranks among the top 10, I believe, in offensive rebounds and would likely average 14-17 total rebounds per 48 minutes. With taking advantage of his new scoring opportunities under JOB, he would not be far away from averaging a double-double if he played even just a few minutes longer. I could be wrong, but it seems like he has more assists per game as well.

maragin
04-16-2008, 03:19 PM
I have a hard time envisioning a scenario where I would boo Donnie Walsh.

Unclebuck
04-16-2008, 03:23 PM

The ironic thing is I think the drafting of Reggie over Alford was one of the least impressive things DW did. Alford was never a serious consideration. Donnie thought about drafting Mark Jackson - in fact he would have taken Jax if Reggie had already been taken. But Alford was never considered.

You could say that drafting Reggie was a good and smart pick.

Swingman
04-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Good trades at first sight, yoo bad it didn't turn out the way it was visioned.

I really don't think JO has been worth his 100+ million contract, let alone what Artest (and those fools Jackson /Tinsley too) has done for this franchise!

JO getting overpaid was a different decision than trading for him. He had a much smaller contract when we got him.

Artest had cleaned up his act til the beer cup incident. Sure it didn't work out as it should have but can't argue that the trade was a good one when it was made. I doubt he was getting advice from Miss Cleo :)