PDA

View Full Version : What Colts players will step up this year?

Midcoasted
04-16-2008, 02:57 AM
Every year we seem to have a small group of players that we drafted a year or two before become difference makers. Who will it be this year?

Can Tim Jennings finally get past the curve and get on board? Can Dant Hughes become the promising ball hawk as he showed at Cal and a few times this season?

Im more Iffy about Jennings, I think Hughes will come along. Rushing also showed he can be very ballhawkish and has the speed to keep up with.

I like our Safties with The Hitman, Bethea, Giordarno for depth and Condren our young talent.

So Secondary I think we are very deep and look great.

Lbs I also like alot. Keiaho, Brackett, Hagler, of course, but my eye is on the young guys. Sessions and Guzman are going to be big for us in the future barring and health issues.

LB, we need an experience MLB in case Brackett goes down and this is why I see us resigning Rob. Unless we see the future in Sessions or Guzman at that position, or Hahler even, I guess Keiaho could even do it.

LB I think we are just fine.

DLine. We are fine at Dt. Look for Johnson to thrive in his second year and Pitcock to be there for depth along with Brock. We will see Ed Johnson and Pitcoc both progress. We still need a 4th DT. What happened to Dawson? Did we release him? He looked promising I thought.

DE is the first part of the defense I expect a pick to be dedicated to. As we learned this year, our pass rush doesnt exist without Freeney. I think this should be our top priority for defense in the Draft. Mathis and Freeney could go down leaving Charleston, who is unproven, and Thomas who can't get a pass rush. These guys are there for run support IMO. We need at least 2 more Des/Dts that fit the mold of Freeney and Mathis but ones who are versatile to go inside and out.

I expect a rookie we draft will step up as our 3rd pass rusher this year, and Freeney and Mathis will both have great years barring any injuries.

Qb. Not saying a word. Moving on :D

RB. I say we draft one, but we also keep Keith. I think Keith has great running ability as a spell back. Id like to see us bring in a bruiser for Goaline situations.

I think a possible bruiser rookie could have the biggest improvement, or Keith if he can learn how to catch. Addai will have another solid year and could possible have a breakout season.

Its up in the air who will progress the most here, but Im liking Addai with 2 years under his belt.

Oline/Te. I expect Toudouze to step up big this year. Other than that, we are pretty solid on the line. I expect a selection in the later rounds. We will draft another TE as well. one who can block but can also catch. He doesnt have to be blazing fast, just be able to run with most LBs. I expect Clark to have another great year. I think Dallas will have the most improved year because he is going to be going back and watching tape along with Pmoney and seeing all those balls he dropped. Dallas will not stand for this and I expect him to drop alot less this year.

Wrs. Gonzlez will have the biggest breakout. Wayne will improve once again, Harrison is a coin toss to me anymore. I expect good things from Aromashodu and Roy Hall. Roy Hall could also be the backup TE we need, but blazing fast. I see him as a dual threat guy for us. Being brought in as a 3rd Wr to block for us on running plays and such, but also fooling the defense and throwing to him, if he can stay healthy.

Thats pretty much it. I hope we draft a K and our special teams can finally get it together and I think we are ready for another super bowl run.

duke dynamite
04-16-2008, 03:59 AM
Jeff George.

Jonathan
04-17-2008, 12:14 PM
IN The second round the Colts will select:
Ryan Torian RB Arizona State University

tdubb03
04-17-2008, 02:16 PM

If he's on the board I really want Chris Johnson out of ECU.

idioteque
04-18-2008, 08:42 PM

A running back in the second round?

Not trying to single you out or anything, but please justify.

Isaac
04-18-2008, 10:22 PM
A running back in the second round?

Not trying to single you out or anything, but please justify.

Because we clearly need another running back...

Kraft
04-20-2008, 05:44 PM
As far as players who could improve a lot, I'd look at Dante Hughes and Tony Ugoh. All the skills are there for both, and now they have some time in the systems. Anthony Gonzalez should take a nice step up the curve, too.