PDA

View Full Version : Danny Granger likes to party....

Smoothdave1
04-15-2008, 11:16 PM
Even though the Pacers lost to the Bobcats on Saturday, Danny still found some time to go clubbing: http://www.indy.com/galleries/slides/1530/3

And for those out of towners, this is not a Cloud 9 or Club Rio type club

Anthem
04-15-2008, 11:19 PM
And for those out of towners, this is not a Cloud 9 or Club Rio type club
So they don't serve dinner?

rexnom
04-15-2008, 11:20 PM
That's my boy.

Smoothdave1
04-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Haha, no buffets here.

Brian
04-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Nothing wrong with that.If someone treated me like I did something wrong for going out to a club after a bad day at work I would laugh in their face.

Kaufman
04-15-2008, 11:26 PM
See if I'm Danny I'd rather be caught dead than have that photo circulating in the indy social section

jeffg-body
04-15-2008, 11:31 PM
Give the guy a break, he has shown himself to be a good asset to our community. Why bust his chops because he goes to a club every now and again. He is a young man who is very talented, a pretty good looking man. I don't think that he should be worried about this at all.

Kaufman
04-15-2008, 11:33 PM
i'm not busting chops or worried all I'm saying is that that I think athletes have to be careful about where they are seen and what photos are being taken - the Pacers DO NOT need any bad publicity at this point - especially from the posterchild.

Trader Joe
04-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Yeah, what a trouble maker. Out on the town with his WIFE. Rabble rouser.

Trader Joe
04-15-2008, 11:36 PM
BTW an Indianapolis Pacer???? Wtf is that?

Anthem
04-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Yeah, what a trouble maker. Out on the town with his WIFE. Rabble rouser.
Exactly what I was going to say. What a terrible influence he must be on his teammates.

Shade
04-15-2008, 11:46 PM
BTW an Indianapolis Pacer???? Wtf is that?

That's the second time recently, too.

Is there a renaming on the agenda? :plot:

idioteque
04-15-2008, 11:49 PM
There have been a few of Indianapolis Pacers mistakes lately...wasn't this same mistake made in a thread here linking the Terre Haute paper?

Swingman
04-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Really nitpicking here. If the girl in his arms wasn't his wife, then you might have a point but this is a nonstory.

idioteque
04-15-2008, 11:51 PM
Really nitpicking here. If the girl in his arms wasn't his wife, then you might have a point but this is a nonstory.

Sarcasm my friend...

Will Galen
04-15-2008, 11:57 PM
When did he get married? Being my favorite Pacer I read everything about him, but I didn't know he got married.

Young
04-16-2008, 12:15 AM
So he is supposed to stay at home because the Pacers lost? Lol.

I don't really care if he had gone out the night before a game. People are saying what Melo was doin out that late but I have a feelin that it really doesn't affect athletes as much as some think. It's not like they have to get up and go to work at 8 in the morning.

PiratePrincess
04-16-2008, 12:28 AM
When did he get married? Being my favorite Pacer I read everything about him, but I didn't know he got married.

I don't think they've gotten married yet. If you've seen the "Day in the Life" videos on the Pacers' Youtube page, he calls her his fiance. I'm pretty sure they're still just engaged (unless they managed a quickie wedding sometime in the past 2 months).

PiratePrincess
04-16-2008, 12:29 AM
Why didn't someone bother to do some red-eye removal on her eyes... :confused:

grace
04-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Why didn't someone bother to do some red-eye removal on her eyes... :confused:

Because it's The Star and well, The Star sucks.

Wife, fiancée doesn't really matter. I look at her as the designated driver. Melo might want to try that next time.

andreialta
04-16-2008, 12:50 AM
just blowing off some steam. no biggie for danny. no fights? right? haha

JayRedd
04-16-2008, 01:24 AM
He could do better.

Kaufman
04-16-2008, 02:01 AM
He could do better.

mega dittoes

Eindar
04-16-2008, 04:52 AM
He could do better.

Some of us actually like to talk to and/or interact with the people we take home. Also, apparently they met in college, which means she's not some gold digger. You can't put a price on peace of mind.

rexnom
04-16-2008, 05:22 AM
Some of us actually like to talk to and/or interact with the people we take home. Also, apparently they met in college, which means she's not some gold digger. You can't put a price on peace of mind.
True...but you also can't put a price on Adriana Lima...

http://bballsml.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/act_marko_jaric.jpghttp://bp3.blogger.com/_3BaJMgGKAmE/R1bt8vTptqI/AAAAAAAACZ4/q9l7VQd6bXk/s320/lima+time.jpg

I hate Marko Jaric. With a passion.

Erik
04-16-2008, 06:26 AM
When did he get married? Being my favorite Pacer I read everything about him, but I didn't know he got married.I don't know, but I saw those two at the mall almost 2 yrs. ago. (looked just like her anyway.)

Eindar
04-16-2008, 06:38 AM

http://bballsml.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/act_marko_jaric.jpghttp://bp3.blogger.com/_3BaJMgGKAmE/R1bt8vTptqI/AAAAAAAACZ4/q9l7VQd6bXk/s320/lima+time.jpg

Ah, but Ms. Lima has her own career. Marko must have one hell of a personality.

RamBo_Lamar
04-16-2008, 06:56 AM
:-o

Wow!

Ole Danny scored himself quite the Hottie there! I had never heard anything
about Mrs. Granger either.

Great job on all fronts Danny Granger - you are DA MAN!

rexnom
04-16-2008, 07:14 AM
I just hate him.

Ownagedood
04-16-2008, 07:31 AM
Lol, the title scared the crap outta me.. I thought he went out and got in trouble for something..

But luckily, he was just having a good time at a bar with his wife.

Unclebuck
04-16-2008, 07:59 AM
It always bothers me when the word "party" is used as a verb.

I'll go to a party - but if someone asks me to party or says the awful "let's party" - I just won't

bellisimo
04-16-2008, 08:03 AM
come on UB...you know you want to party ;)

RamBo_Lamar
04-16-2008, 08:57 AM
It always bothers me when the word "party" is used as a verb.

I'll go to a party - but if someone asks me to party or says the awful "let's party" - I just won't

Now here is a man who knows how to just say NO.

You don't know what fun you've been missing Unclebuck...you old "stick-in-the-mud".

:cool:

naptownmenace
04-16-2008, 10:17 AM
The only thing upsetting to me is that they didn't even run the pic through any photo editing software to remove the red-eye. That's simply unexceptable in this day and age. :mad:

avoidingtheclowns
04-16-2008, 10:19 AM

actually it is his remarkable sense of humor

0BisLdG2xpM

Jonathan
04-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Danny grew up a Jehova Witness. He actually has went door to door before. I do not know much about the religion but they do not celebrate Christmas. I do not know if they drink or not. Is Club 7 still open?

jcouts
04-16-2008, 11:29 AM
I don't know though, with that red in her eye, she could be offspring of the terminator.

Danny couldn't have done anything more to help us win that game.

Pouring in 37 points and getting no help from your bench doesn't warrant going home and sitting in the dark with a bottle of sleeping pills.

Speed
04-16-2008, 11:31 AM
I don't know though, with that red in her eye, she could be offspring of the terminator.

Maybe the question begs... Did she come from the future to kill us all?

Ownagedood
04-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Maybe the question begs... Did she come from the future to kill us all?
Lol, maybe. We shall soon find out.

JayRedd
04-16-2008, 12:14 PM
actually it is his remarkable sense of humor

5th-grade-level puns are my weakness as well.

Really though, atc, do you enjoy Seckback as much as me? I always figured I was alone on that one.

D23
04-16-2008, 12:34 PM
I did a little searching and couldn't find if/when Danny and Dionna got married. However the Star calls her 'Dionna Granger' and her maiden name was 'Dionna Kann' so either the Star did a horrible job here or they had a small, private wedding recently. Either way, congrats Danny! :)

Oh, while searching I also found this photo-shoot of them while they were engaged. Some really nice pictures!

http://www.angelatalley.com/blog/lifestyle/164/danny-dionna/

RamBo_Lamar
04-16-2008, 01:11 PM
I did a little searching and couldn't find if/when Danny and Dionna got married. However the Star calls her 'Dionna Granger' and her maiden name was 'Dionna Kann' so either the Star did a horrible job here or they had a small, private wedding recently. Either way, congrats Danny! :)

Oh, while searching I also found this photo-shoot of them while they were engaged. Some really nice pictures!

:-o

Awesome find D23 - thanks for posting!

Danny clearly has very good taste in picking his ladies.

EDIT: Now if only the Pacers could find some Pacemates that look more like her!

OnlyPacersLeft
04-16-2008, 01:20 PM
well this explains why he was off in the first half vs washington...

JK

NuffSaid
04-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Upscale club...mixed crowd...youngsters and middle-aged folks alike...appropriate attire required I see...and he was out with his main squeeze. Alright! A Pacers finally behaving decently while out on the town. I like it! I like it! :):p

QuickRelease
04-16-2008, 01:42 PM

That dual topless chest-to-chest photo doesn't seem very Jehovah Witnessy. :laugh:

avoidingtheclowns
04-16-2008, 02:45 PM
5th-grade-level puns are my weakness as well.

Really though, atc, do you enjoy Seckback as much as me? I always figured I was alone on that one.

we're not alone. marko digs him too (aroudn 45sec in)

sGYrFf7UhLg

Mourning
04-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Seems like a cute lady to me :).

Ownagedood
04-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Danny grew up a Jehova Witness. He actually has went door to door before. I do not know much about the religion but they do not celebrate Christmas. I do not know if they drink or not. Is Club 7 still open?
Lol, ya, I'm a Jehovah Witness.. And ya, it's perfectly fine to drink..lol

owl
04-16-2008, 05:09 PM

Good for Danny.

MyFavMartin
04-16-2008, 05:35 PM
He could do better.

I think he's done good. She's cute.

Will Galen
04-16-2008, 06:48 PM

When did you last go door to door like Danny did?

Oneal07
04-16-2008, 06:50 PM
I didn't know he was married lol

Smoothdave1
04-17-2008, 12:30 AM
FWIW, I was at the Knicks game tonight a few rows off the floor right behind the goal near the area that the Knicks walked back through. Anyway, this is also the area for the families of players and I saw Dionna Granger several times and she was wearing a wedding ring. BTW, the picture doesn't do her justice as she is very attractive in person. In addition, I also saw her carrying an infant that had to be a few months old at the most. Did Danny have a kid recently? Danny seems to be a low key and private person, but I thought we might have heard something?

naptownmenace
04-17-2008, 03:30 PM

In moderation - getting drunk is a big no no.

PiratePrincess
04-18-2008, 12:49 AM
FWIW, I was at the Knicks game tonight a few rows off the floor right behind the goal near the area that the Knicks walked back through. Anyway, this is also the area for the families of players and I saw Dionna Granger several times and she was wearing a wedding ring. BTW, the picture doesn't do her justice as she is very attractive in person. In addition, I also saw her carrying an infant that had to be a few months old at the most. Did Danny have a kid recently? Danny seems to be a low key and private person, but I thought we might have heard something?

I doubt they've had a kid. If you've seen the "Day In The Life" vid on the Pacers Youtube channel, Dionna does not look pregnant at all, and it was filmed back in late February (we played the Cavs). I could see them getting married, but not having a kid between then and now. But if she has had a kid, more power to her cause she's a tiny thing.

BKK
04-18-2008, 04:44 AM
all I have to say about this is that I find his wife pretty cute :D

JayRedd
04-18-2008, 04:08 PM
In case anyone thinks I'm an *** (I mean, for this particular reason) I was just coming with the meathead equivalent of "First!" in any thread involving a picture of a female and didn't really think she was at all not beautiful.

I actually have pretty low standards.

avoidingtheclowns
04-18-2008, 04:10 PM
I actually have pretty low standards.

for your sake i would hope so.

JayRedd
04-18-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm not going to say it because I know you don't like it but just know that it's true.

ajbry
04-18-2008, 04:18 PM
I don't find her too attractive. Granted, the combination of her being pale and the red eye may set her back from what she could look like, but still. She doesn't look like trouble though so that's a plus from a PR standpoint.

Will Galen
04-18-2008, 04:26 PM
I don't find her too attractive. Granted, the combination of her being pale and the red eye may set her back from what she could look like, but still. She doesn't look like trouble though so that's a plus from a PR standpoint.

I thought she was okay looking in that photo with her red eyes, but when you go to that photo shoot she looked pretty hot in some pictures.

Raoul Duke
05-28-2008, 11:29 PM

I know Jaric got around, especially when he was in LA.

He also had this:

http://www.weblo.com/asset_images/large/471a671ebea61.jpg

bellisimo
05-29-2008, 07:11 AM
I know Jaric got around, especially when he was in LA.

He also had this:

http://www.weblo.com/asset_images/large/471a671ebea61.jpg

she look-a-like a man...butterface FTL!

Will Galen
05-29-2008, 09:35 AM
She no look like man. Face make her be handsome lady.

Speed
05-29-2008, 09:51 AM
She no look like man. Face make her be handsome lady.

Hmm, I hadn't notice she had a face, thanks.