PDA

View Full Version : if only we could have beaten charlotte....

OnlyPacersLeft
04-15-2008, 10:06 PM
celtics and magic beat the hawks...
i think maybe our team had the steam let out after losing to charlotte...
we could be in the playoffs :(

ABADays
04-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Todays's story Dun was quoted best - "We had our chances".

OnlyPacersLeft
04-15-2008, 10:31 PM
sure did...just didn't execute....
it's dissapointing esp seeing the hawks lose both of those games...:(
*sigh*

Kaufman
04-15-2008, 10:34 PM
if it helps ease the pain guys--- atl might have let up on the gas a little bit once there playoff spot was secure (yesterday when we lost). Hindsight - 20/20

Kegboy
04-15-2008, 10:41 PM
On the flip side, NJ won. That means if we lose and they win tomorrow, we're tied for 10th. If we win the coin flip, our chances to get a top-3 spot double, at least according to that evil numbers thread. No, not the counting thread, the other one. Seth's thread.

Kaufman
04-15-2008, 10:51 PM
speaking of the numbers thread, kegboy, we're looking to recruit you to be an offseason counter...

Shack80
04-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Does it really matter? Not like the Pacers would have done better than get embarrassed in the first round.

Los Angeles
04-15-2008, 10:57 PM
I don't regret our recent record, I just regret our mid-season record.

joeyd
04-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Both the Hawks and the Magic rested their starters quite a bit tonight, since both teams knew the game did not matter. Had the Pacers beaten the Wizards, it's likely that the Magic still would have rested their starters much of the game, while the Hawks still would have been playing full throttle. Though not impossible, the outcome may have been different with the playoffs on the line for the Hawks.

Will Galen
04-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Both the Hawks and the Magic rested their starters quite a bit tonight, since both teams knew the game did not matter. Had the Pacers beaten the Wizards, it's likely that the Magic still would have rested their starters much of the game, while the Hawks still would have been playing full throttle. Though not impossible, the outcome may have been different with the playoffs on the line for the Hawks.

Exactly! As a Sci-Fi fan I know if you go back in time and change one thing you also change things thereafter.

Big Smooth
04-16-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm simply shocked that some people are so morose over the Pacers losing the opportunity to be a 37-45 8th seed fodder for the best team in the league. A team that cannot win at least 40 games is not a team worth losing sleep over in terms of the playoff race.

DisapointedPacerFan
04-16-2008, 12:26 PM
celtics and magic beat the hawks...
i think maybe our team had the steam let out after losing to charlotte...
we could be in the playoffs :(
Yea you right. We could have gotten the 8th seed then go to Boston only to be swept. Making the playoffs wouldn't have brought us fans into Conseco, which is what we are trying to do.

OnlyPacersLeft
04-16-2008, 05:40 PM
and some rookie we take at the 11th pick is? please.

carpediem024
04-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Our game was disappointing. I didn't watch the first half, but Granger led them back in the second half. Then Dun Dun started traveling and jacking up shots! It's okay though. I just really think we deserve that 8th, rather than the Hawks.