PDA

View Full Version : Ramon Sessions

tdubb03
04-15-2008, 04:09 PM
This kid's come out of nowhere, rookie second round pick out of Nevada Reno.

Here are his lines the last few games:

Apr 6 vs. Indy - 8pts, 10ast, 3reb, 1st, 2blk, 4to
Apr 8 vs. Boston - 13pts, 7ast, 3st, 6reb, 5to
Apr 9 vs. Toronto - 6pts, 10ast, 4reb, 3to
Apr 11 vs. Boston - 8pts, 14ast, 5reb, 2st, 5to
Apr 12 vs. Jersey - 12pts, 13ast, 6reb, 2st, 2to
Apr 14 vs. Chicago - 20 pts, 24ast, 8reb, 1st, 1blk, 2to

Anyone else want this guy? Being a 2nd round pick, he'll be a free agent in a few days right? Ever since getting big minutes in Milwaukee he's produced in a major way, and they've already made a long-term commitment to Moe Williams. Think we could make a run at signing him? It'd make us able to focus on frontcourt defense and rebounding (Thabeet) in the draft.

OakMoses
04-15-2008, 04:23 PM
There was a lot of talk around draft time last year that this kid was one of the PG sleepers. He's a decent player, but I don't know that he's special. I watched him pretty closely when we played Milwaukee and didn't come away all that impressed. I certainly wouldn't want to throw a lot of money at him as he didn't really outplay Diener at all during that game.

Kstat
04-15-2008, 04:34 PM
The 24 assist game was rather shameful. They weren't even trying to win as much as they were padding his assist totals to set a team record.

They were literally letting the bulls score so they could get him the ball again.

avoidingtheclowns
04-15-2008, 04:47 PM
They were literally letting the bulls score

actually that's just their team defense.

rexnom
04-15-2008, 05:05 PM
actually that's just their team defense.
Ladies and gentlemen, your 2007-2008 Milwaukee Bucks!

spreedom
04-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Sessions is definitely a great passer, and his assist totals are particularly impressive when you consider that Redd is the only shooter on the entire team!

Kstat
04-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Sessions is definitely a great passer, and his assist totals are particularly impressive when you consider that Redd is the only shooter on the entire team!

I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not.

All Milwaukee has is people who can score.

Ownagedood
04-15-2008, 05:20 PM
I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not.

All Milwaukee has is people who can score.
Well.. There's Redd.. And then the guys that might happen to catch the ball and be close enough to dunk it.. :)

Williams doesn't count because he wouldn't be in the game if Sessions was running the point.

Kstat
04-15-2008, 05:22 PM
Well.. There's Redd.. And then the guys that might happen to catch the ball and be close enough to dunk it.. :)

Charlie V can score form anywhere. Yi can shoot with range. Bogut can score anywhere in the paint. Simmons is a capable outside shooter.

Other than Mason, I can't think of a player on Milwaukee that can't shoot the ball...

tdubb03
04-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Leave it to Kstat to rain on my parade. :(

Young
04-15-2008, 09:14 PM
I think that Sessions is a solid point guard. I think him and Diener would complament each other nicely.

However we need to do better than Sessions to fix our point guard situation. But depending on the opitions he may be good to sign for the short term.

Naptown_Seth
04-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Leave it to Kstat to rain on my parade. :(
I don't think he said he sucked, he just said that the big night was artificial and that certainly he has targets to go to in order to get assists.

That doesn't mean that Diener or Flip or Lowry or whomever would automatically get 12 assists a night there.

I'll rain on the parade with the idea that it's only been a few games and that's a big leap if it costs you more than nothing. A Diener flier with other options in place, why not. But then that's true with any spot on the team, even SF. For 300K I'd look at a sleeper SF.

At worst the sleeper breaks out and you trade him for something you need.

Robertmto
04-15-2008, 09:21 PM
He hit a buzzer beater to beat us a couple games ago

Anthem
04-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Another backup. Yay.

Technically Seth is right, but I just can't get excited about adding backups when we have no starters.

Roaming Gnome
04-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Another backup. Yay.

Technically Seth is right, but I just can't get excited about adding backups when we have no starters.

:ding: :ding: :ding:
**ding** **ding** **ding**

Kofi
04-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Make up all the excuses you want, be as much of a hater as you want, there's nothing negative you can get out of 24 assists. That's simply phenomenal. And it came in the 16th game of his career. He's now had 61 assists in the past 4 games. Wow.

It's very possible Sessions is the next great second-round steal.

AesopRockOn
04-16-2008, 10:17 AM
I thought this was going to be a thread about set-aside meetings during which we all get together and eat Japanese noodles. :cry:

Anthem
04-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Make up all the excuses you want, be as much of a hater as you want, there's nothing negative you can get out of 24 assists. That's simply phenomenal. And it came in the 16th game of his career.
That's what I said about Jamaal Tinsley.

Jonathan
04-16-2008, 10:47 AM
It will be interesting to see if he plays for the Bucks next season after their GM Change. Keep in mind the Pacers do not have much money to throw at players and another team can offer him much more than us. How is his defense? Have you seen him play or are you just reading a stat sheet?

gph
04-16-2008, 11:33 AM
This would be why the average fan has no business being a GM. 4 decent and 2 sort of good games, in the garbage time of a season, on a terrible team, from a back-up pg and people get excited. He probably can stay in the league, and might get a contract, but that doesn't indicate "starter."

this time last year mo williams looked stellar. How has that season gone?

Crawford looked pretty good, how much have the knicks won?

the bucks scored 135, the bulls 151....so...no, i am not impressed by 24 assists, especially when one of the players who had a "great" game delivered this gem:

"It was kind of like an All-Star game out there,'' Duhon said. "No defense was being played.''

Kofi
04-16-2008, 11:45 AM
this time last year mo williams looked stellar. How has that season gone?

17.2 ppg (on great shooting: 48/39/86)
6.3 apg
3.5 rpg

Was an All-Star candidate this past season.

Pacersfan46
04-16-2008, 12:47 PM
his time last year mo williams looked stellar. How has that season gone?

All credibility hit the crapper right there .....

-- Steve --

Major Cold
04-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Just looking at the Bucks stats...

Charlie Villanueva (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2792) is the next Antoine.

tdubb03
04-16-2008, 12:52 PM
I still have a bit of blood left, keep ripping!

JayRedd
04-16-2008, 01:07 PM
Mini Jerome James?

Mr. Sobchak
04-16-2008, 03:51 PM
17.2 ppg (on great shooting: 48/39/86)
6.3 apg
3.5 rpg

Was an All-Star candidate this past season.

They hate him in Miluakee. He plays worse defense than Tinsley.

avoidingtheclowns
04-16-2008, 05:13 PM
well if we're looking to the bucks for the next chris paul, we might look at this guy...

Royal Ivey (http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile/981/royal_ivey/) of the Milwaukee Bucks (http://bucks.realgm.com/) has been suspended three games without pay for punching Chicago Bulls (http://bulls.realgm.com/) center Aaron Gray (http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile/1358/aaron_gray/) in the groin, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.

The incident occurred with 10:48 remaining in the second period of the Bucks’151-135 loss to the Bulls on Monday, April 14 at the Bradley Center.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/51999/20080416/ivey_suspended_three_games_for_punching_gray/

gph
04-16-2008, 06:33 PM
All credibility hit the crapper right there .....

-- Steve --

Phew, you are right. Why am I knocking the starting PG on a 26 and 55 team?I lost a lot of credibility dogging a player on such a great team. I mean, it isn't like that is a losing record.

Hey, but I mean it isn't like he was THE ONLY REASON they lost? So I won't knock any more credibility off my post by pointing out his season splits stats from NBA.com

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/maurice_williams/season_splits.html

show that the more minutes he played, the rougher they looked.

And certainly we wouldn't want to look at this highest point totals by conference, because he was really stellar against anyone in the west...right?

His averages were heavily padded around year end and in the eastern conference, and they were losing pretty heavily. But if you want to argue the guy had a good season in the face of that record, those splits, and who he got stats agaisnt, please, carry on. Great player, wish we could get him.:bs:

Pacersfan46
04-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Why am I knocking the starting PG on a 26 and 55 team?I lost a lot of credibility dogging a player on such a great team. I mean, it isn't like that is a losing record.

Yep, team record indicates individual talent. That Dwayne Wade guy is the worst player in the NBA, right? I mean they do have the worst record .....

show that the more minutes he played, the rougher they looked.

And certainly we wouldn't want to look at this highest point totals by conference, because he was really stellar against anyone in the west...right?

**Edit** -- Deleted initial response -- The more minutes he played, the rougher they looked? He played more in their wins, and less minutes in their losses .... where do you get that from?

Wow, I just realized you said "point totals". Are you joking me? He only plays teams in the West 2 times at most, and most teams in the East could play them 3 or 4 times .... so I couldn't fathom why the "point totals" are skewed. :rollout:

His stats against the East are ... 16.3 ppg, 6.3 apg, and 3.5 rebs, TOTAL his stats were 17.2 ppg, 6.3 apg, and 3.5 rebs ..... looks like he scored more against the West, but did the same in all other categories.

His averages were heavily padded around year end

You mean that April where he's averaged 6 ppg? Whew, that year end padding was HUGE! Actually his best 3 months were December, January, and February ... that's totally the END of the year, right?

Do you even read what you post, or do you just post it and make things up, believing I won't actually look? That doesn't even begin to point out that by discounting someone by their splits, is pretty much nitpicking. Not exactly making your cause look so great to begin with. Silly.

-- Steve --