PDA

View Full Version : Harrington's MRI

ChicagoJ
01-29-2004, 05:44 PM
From www.pacers.com

Harrington to Undergo MRI

By John Clayton
Indianapolis, Jan. 29, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The results of the MRI on Al Harrington's injured right knee weren't known when the team ended its practice late Thursday afternoon. Harrington undwent the procedure Thursday morning in the hopes of clearing up exactly why he is experiencing chronic pain in his right knee.
I'm still sore, so I really didn't get after it in practice," said Harrington, who expects to know the results of the MRI by Friday morning. "I'm just going to rest it and try to play Saturday (against Boston)."

Harrington missed several practices and one game (Atlanta on Jan. 14) in mid-January due to a bone bruise to his right knee. At the time, Harrington said it was something he would probably have to play through for the rest of the season, but continued pain in the joint has necessitated further evaluation of the injury. Harrington underwent surgery on his right knee two seasons ago and said the pain he’s experiencing now is an outgrowth of that surgery.

“It’s a superficial nerve (causing the problem),” said Harrington after his 24-point performance against Phoenix Wednesday night. “Hopefully, that’s what it is.”

He said the nerve is directly over his surgical scar and that is the main reason behind his discomfort.

Harrington did not look injured for most of the Pacers’ 101-79 victory over the Suns, but did come up limping severely when he landed hard after two-handed dunk in the second half. He looked immediately to the sideline for a replacement as he limped up the court.

The fifth-year pro out of St. Patrick’s (N.J.) High School, is averaging 13.1 points and 6.1 rebounds this season.