PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts: 2008 playoffs edition

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Kstat
04-13-2008, 03:52 PM
We finally have a first round playoff matchup locked in:

:cavs: vs :wizards:

Homecourt in that series is undecided, but I think Washington wins either way. They seem much hungrier than the Cavs, who aren't playing with any confidence at all right now.

AesopRockOn
04-13-2008, 04:17 PM
As long as the big three are relatively healthy, I agree. The Wiz will wipe the floor with the Lebrons, no matter how many calls they get.

Kstat
04-13-2008, 04:21 PM
As long as the big three are relatively healthy, I agree. The Wiz will wipe the floor with the Lebrons, no matter how many calls they get.

They aren't really healthy, but neither is LeBron, which evens things up.

AesopRockOn
04-13-2008, 04:29 PM
They aren't really healthy, but neither is LeBron, which evens things up.

I feel ya.

I guess the other question is: with the Pistons be the first team to win a game against the Celts this playoffs?

Kstat
04-13-2008, 04:31 PM
I feel ya.

I guess the other question is: with the Pistons be the first team to win a game against the Celts this playoffs?

I could easily see Atlanta winning a game if Bibby gets hot.

That said, I don't see Atlanta, Cleveland or Washington taking them to more than 5 games.

Indianapolis_girly
04-13-2008, 04:34 PM
I really hope the Wizards win that series.
I really don't like LeBron & the Cavs.

Ownagedood
04-13-2008, 07:50 PM
but I think Washington wins either way. They seem much hungrier than the Cavs, who aren't playing with any confidence at all right now.
I wouldn't be so sure.. Bron steps it up come playoff time.. We all saw what he did to the Pistons.. Even though he is hurt, he will keep them in it.

Kstat
04-13-2008, 08:03 PM
I wouldn't be so sure.. Bron steps it up come playoff time.. We all saw what he did to the Pistons.. Even though he is hurt, he will keep them in it.

Except he did that in 1 game, not a whole series. he had a ton of help.

Ownagedood
04-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Except he did that in 1 game, not a whole series. he had a ton of help.
Well, that's what teams are for, right? And Bron actually plays "pass first" not "score first" so ya, he should have a lot of help from them since he is setting them up with easy plays, from grabbing all that attention.

Kstat
04-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Well, that's what teams are for, right? And Bron actually plays "pass first" not "score first" so ya, he should have a lot of help from them since he is setting them up with easy plays, from grabbing all that attention.

Except if you haven't been paying attention to the Cavs this year, LeBron (A) no longer has anybody to pass to, and (B) has nobody else to pick up the slack on defense.

He can play "pass first" all he wants. His team stinks. he can't pass them the ball, make the shot for them, and defend the 5 guys at the other end of the court.

They messed up badly by dealing Larry Hughes. He was an offensive void, but he also defended the other team's bet guard. Now LeBron's all alone defending the perimeter.

Ownagedood
04-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Except if you haven't been paying attention to the Cavs this year, LeBron (A) no longer has anybody to pass to, and (B) has nobody else to pick up the slack on defense.

He can play "pass first" all he wants. His team stinks. he can't pass them the ball, make the shot for them, and defend the 5 guys at the other end of the court.

They messed up badly by dealing Larry Hughes. He was an offensive void, but he also defended the other team's bet guard. Now LeBron's all alone defending the perimeter.
Ya, he doesn't have as good as a supporting cast atm.. But that's mostly because Wally has been cold.. If he finally finds his game they will be very dangerous.

Kstat
04-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Ya, he doesn't have as good as a supporting cast atm.. But that's mostly because Wally has been cold.. If he finally finds his game they will be very dangerous.

If he finds his game, he still won't be able to play any defense.

Robertmto
04-13-2008, 08:52 PM
LeBron will sweep us like he does every DAMN year

LoneGranger33
04-13-2008, 09:36 PM
LeBron will sweep us like he does every DAMN year

Assist to the guys in stripes.

Robertmto
04-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Assist to the guys in stripes.

QFT :censored:

Kegboy
04-13-2008, 10:56 PM
I don't see how anyone is picking against Cleveland. I mean, they got Ben Wallace. Shoot, didn't the media just give them the EC title after they got Ben Wallace?

:loser2:

AesopRockOn
04-13-2008, 11:21 PM
I guess the Nuggz are officially in the eight spot in the West.

Kstat
04-13-2008, 11:24 PM
I guess the Nuggz are officially in the eight spot in the West.

They still need another win or a golden state loss.

Dece
04-13-2008, 11:28 PM
Yea, I thought that was a terrible trade for the Cavs at the time, and I think it'll earn them a first round out. Larry Hughes is a very underrated defender.

Kstat
04-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Well, here is your eastern conference playoff picture for 2008. Have at it.

(1) :celtics: vs (8) :hawks:

(2) :thepiston vs (7) :sixers:

(3) :magic: vs (6) :raptors:

(4) :cavaliers vs (5) :wizards:

Kofi
04-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Boston in 4
Detroit in 6
Orlando in 6
Cleveland in 7

Kegboy
04-14-2008, 11:24 PM
I was looking at the standings, and if Denver wins tomorrow, every team in the West have 50 or more wins. Almost as incredible, right now 1-8 are separated by 7 games. That's less that the separation between 1 and 2 in the East.

Provided GS loses tonight, they'll be 8 games behind the #1 team and out of the playoffs. Right now we're 30 games behind Boston. :blush:

Kstat
04-14-2008, 11:28 PM
I was looking at the standings, and if Denver wins tomorrow, every team in the West have 50 or more wins.

You mean every playoff team in the west...

Kegboy
04-14-2008, 11:29 PM
You mean every playoff team in the west...

Picky picky.

Of course, one could make the argument that every team in the West could win 50 in the East. :devil:

Dece
04-15-2008, 12:57 AM
Man, I honestly think nearly every team in the west COULD win 50 in the east. Portland could, GSW could, Denver could, Sacramento could. Sonics couldn't, is the only one I'd be sure about. Clippers?

Unclebuck
04-15-2008, 09:27 AM
I love the playoffs so, so much and I'll watch every second I can, no matter who is playing. But even I must admit the only first round series in the east that has me excited is Cavs vs Wizards. - I have no idea how that one will go. Never under estimate Lebron (I assume his back is fine now) and the Wizards big three have played so few games together this season. I am picking the Cavs to win. But Wiz easily could win that series.

If the Hawks beat the Celts, it will be the biggest upset in the history of the NBA.

Pistons will handle Sixers rather easily - Sixers won't be a good playoff team.

Not sure what is going on with the Raptors lately, but they have not been playing well - magic should win that one.

Second round in the east will be OK, but we are really just waiting on the Celts to play the Pistons in the ECF.

AesopRockOn
04-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Is anybody else really pissed off that the refs called the Sixers out of the locker room so they could lose to the Cavs so that Lebron could secure homecourt against the Wizards?

idioteque
04-15-2008, 02:04 PM
No way Memphis, Minnesota, Seattle, Clippers, or even Sacramento win 50 games in the East. The first three teams would still be relatively bad, I think the Clippers and the Kings would be around .500. So they could probably make the playoffs in the East, which is bad enough.

Eastern Conference Predictions:

Boston over Atlanta in 5

Detroit over Philadelphia in 6

Orlando over Toronto in 5

Washington over Cleveland in 6

I haven't seen chemistry develop between LeBron and his new teammates, I thought that this would be a good trade for the Cavs but that hasn't really been the case. Varejao and Wallace seem a little redundant to me, yes Wallace is much better at blocking shots and an overall stronger presence but Varejao is a better offensive player, plays with more enthusiasm, and can run the floor much better.

Hughes > Wally, which really surprises me. I don't want too much Cavs basketball and I didn't realize how much better of a defender Hughes is.

AesopRockOn
04-15-2008, 06:15 PM
C'mon! First they bring the Sixers out of the locker room. Now this:
Cavs' Pavlovic to miss at least playoffs' first roundhttp://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3348304 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3348304)

I can't wait to see how Stern gets them in.

OnlyPacersLeft
04-15-2008, 08:45 PM
wiz got that...

Kstat
04-16-2008, 11:15 PM
Here are your western conference playoff matchups:

(1) :lakers: vs (8) :nuggets:

(2) :hornets: vs (7) :mavericks

(3) :spurs: vs (6) :suns:

(4) :jazz: vs (5) :rockets:

Hicks
04-16-2008, 11:18 PM
That's one hell of a 3-6 matchup.

Dece
04-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Here are your western conference playoff matchups:

(1) :lakers: vs (8) :nuggets:

(2) :hornets: vs (7) :mavericks

(3) :spurs: vs (6) :suns:

(4) :jazz: vs (5) :rockets:

Lakers in 5
Hornets in 6
Suns in 7
Jazz in 6

Kstat
04-16-2008, 11:33 PM
I like the Suns, Rockets, Lakers and Hornets.

Doddage
04-16-2008, 11:36 PM
I just want to see Suns/Lakers at some point in the playoffs

Naptown_Seth
04-16-2008, 11:49 PM
That's one hell of a 3-6 matchup.
Other than 1-8 those are all insane pairings. That's like 80's era battles waiting to happen, strength vs strength.

Hawks have not impressed me and they backed in to the playoffs. Celtics in 4 and win all 4 by 10+ ala the Pacers vs Celtics a few years ago.

Pistons in 5 over Philly...maybe. Could be 4 too.

Magic in 6 over Toronto. Not that impressed with Orlando, good but not great.

Cavs in 7 over Wiz. It's Lebron, it's the playoffs, it's star treatment. I don't believe in it like some do, but it is a factor.

Out west
Denver has no defensive interest at all. Lakers in 5 on a shooters chance loss.

Dallas is having trouble with it's identity, David West is the real deal, Paul might be MVP. Only experience and Dirk salvage this to 6 games and the Hornets win.

Spurs in 7 over PHX, based purely on experience and gamesmanship. This is their time to shine.

Jazz in 6 over HOU. Love the Rockets but they've been up and down and Utah just has this stuff down pat.

rexnom
04-16-2008, 11:49 PM
I like the Suns, Rockets, Lakers and Hornets.
I would be shocked if the Rockets beat the Jazz, especially with homecourt going for the Jazz.

Kstat
04-16-2008, 11:52 PM
I would be shocked if the Rockets beat the Jazz, especially with homecourt going for the Jazz.

...except Utah doesn't have home court...Houston does.

rexnom
04-16-2008, 11:54 PM
...except Utah doesn't have home court...Houston does.
Oops. My bad. Still, I don't see Houston winning in Utah and I doubt that they win both of the Houston games. I'm guessing Utah in six.

Kstat
04-16-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm going with houston in 7.

It just feels like their year to finally win a series.

Utah ranges from sad to pathetic on the road.

Dece
04-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Houston has been having a real bad time of it since the win streak. Tracy has been tired, and his fg% has been abysmal. Maybe he finally puts his playoff woes to an end, but he needs to recover in a hurry for that to happen.

Shade
04-17-2008, 01:44 AM
Well, looks like it's prediction time!

EAST:
:celtics: 4, :hawks: 0
:thepiston 4, :sixers: 0
:magic: 4, :raptors: 2
:cavs: 4, :wizards: 3

:celtics: 4, :cavs: 1
:thepiston 4, :magic: 0

:celtics: 4, :thepiston 3

WEST:
:lakers: 4, :nuggets: 1
:mavericks 4, :hornets: 3
:spurs: 4, :suns: 3
:rockets: 4, :jazz: 3

:lakers: 4, :mavericks 2
:spurs: 4, :rockets: 2

:lakers: 4, :spurs: 2

NBA FINALS:
:lakers: 4, :celtics: 3

Unclebuck
04-17-2008, 08:45 AM
It is too bad the Suns and Spurs have to play each other in the first round.

I am picking the Suns to finally beat the Spurs this year.

Mavs will "upset" the Hornets - in what will be the best first round series.

Jazz will beat the Rockets and Lakers will win someewhat easily over the Nugs.

What series are you most looking forward to watching. Here is mine, from most looking forward to - to least looking forward to.

1) Mavs vs Hornets
2) Suns vs Spurs

Those two are by far the two best IMO first round series.

3)Rockets vs Jazz

4) Lakers vs Nugs.

5) Cavs vs Wiz

6) Magic vs Raptors

7) Pistons vs Sixers

8) Celts vs Hawks

I think the NBA finals will be Celtics vs Lakers (although I give the winner of the Suns vs Spurs series a good chance of getting there

AesopRockOn
04-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Oops. My bad. Still, I don't see Houston winning in Utah and I doubt that they win both of the Houston games. I'm guessing Utah in six.

I'm here on that matchup. Houston can NOT stop either Deron or Boozer.

What's the deal with Manu? Cause if he's in full shape the Spurs are going to win in seven.

Really don't want the Mavs to beat the Bugs. But they might....

I'm still saying the Wiz take down the Cavs.

The Lake Show could sweep but I'd say in five.

Infinite MAN_force
04-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Im going out on a limb here, but I say Dallas will beat new orleans in thier series. They need to exercise some playoff demons and Dirk was looking pretty clutch in that game against the suns a week ago. NO is young and ripe for the picking, Dallas in 6 or 7.

Other than that I see Lakers, Spurs, and Jazz as the other winners out west.

Jonathan
04-17-2008, 01:40 PM
My upsets are as follows:
Wizards over the CAVS
(unless the refs make it an 8-5 game)
Suns over Spurs.
This is why they acquired the Diesel. If they lose this series Steve Kerr pulled off a bad trade; If they win it was a good trade.

LoneGranger33
04-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Im going out on a limb here, but I say Dallas will beat new orleans in thier series. They need to exercise some playoff demons and Dirk was looking pretty clutch in that game against the suns a week ago. NO is young and ripe for the picking, Dallas in 6 or 7.

Other than that I see Lakers, Spurs, and Jazz as the other winners out west.

While I can't say I'm enamored with the Mavericks' squad, I do think they have the experience necessary to take out the Hornets, as well as they've played this year. Plus, I look at that last game between the two and see a huge confidence boost for the Mavs, who haven't been too bad of late. However, no matter who wins what series in the West, I don't think we can call anything an upset with the teams this close. Except for the Nuggs - they're terrible.

Robertmto
04-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Cleveland will sweep us like always

I like NO to win the title

AesopRockOn
04-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Cleveland will sweep us like always

:lol:

Wait, are you serious?

Robertmto
04-17-2008, 05:32 PM
:lol:

Wait, are you serious?

Yea i am. CP3 >> I just hope they don't fold to the pressure.

AesopRockOn
04-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Yea i am. CP3 >> I just hope they don't fold to the pressure.

And your other radical prediction is an anti-jinx?

Kofi
04-18-2008, 05:02 AM
The Raptors Jose Calderon has a 66:1 assist-to-turnover ratio in the month of April.

Yes, you read the correctly, and it was not a typo.

66 assists and 1 turnover in the 8 games he's played in the month of April.

Enjoy your new home next season, T.J. Ford.

TMJ31
04-18-2008, 02:39 PM
I have posted a year in review type blog post on my website regarding the Pacers.

Just my opinions on how the year went, I would love to hear any of your opinions as I am hoping to start blogging about the Pacers more and more soon on top of just blogging about acting things on my site...

http://tylermichaeljonsson.com/blog/2008/04/2007-08-year-in-review-indiana-pacers-basketball/

Unclebuck
04-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Just before the NBA playoffs start I always feel like a kid on the night before Christmas.

Kstat
04-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Just before the NBA playoffs start I always feel like a kid on the night before Christmas.

Used to be that way to me.

It's more like the calm before the storm now.

Anything short of a championship is failure. I'll love this team no matter what, but someone has to win this thing and it might as well be us.

No way will this core stay intact if we fail, so every series could be the last.

The playoffs stopped being fun and games for me after 2004. Now it's just a high intensity anxiety, all the time.

It's the price that comes with expectations. You don't get to relax end enjoy the moment, or enjoy the ride.

JayRedd
04-18-2008, 05:22 PM

Best team in the West.

I like where your head is at MTO.

I've been saying this since December.

Chris Paul doesn't have a mark on his face...He upset the entire Western Conference...He just turned 22-years-old...He must be the greatest...He shook up the world...He is the king of the world...He's pretty...He's a baaaaaad man...He shook up the world...He is the greatest.

9UaDbVbQTrM

idioteque
04-18-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm rooting for the Hornets to win it all. The city could use the publicity and the revenue, and I'd love the Hornets to be a successful franchise in New Orleans, which they're not right now. I've always had a bit of an affinity for the Bugs Franchise, they've always been a pretty good team but never gotten the fan support they deserve from their city.

shags
04-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Better get my predictions in public (homer alert!!):

Round 1
Celtics over Hawks in 4
Pistons over Sixers in 5
Magic over Raptors in 6
Wizards over Cavs in 6
Lakers over Nuggets in 5
Mavericks over Hornets in 6
Suns over Spurs in 6
Jazz over Rockets in 6

Round 2
Celtics over Wizards in 5
Pistons over Magic in 6
Lakers over Jazz in 7
Suns over Mavericks in 6

Conference Finals
Pistons over Celtics in 7
Suns over Lakers in 6

NBA Finals
Pistons over Suns in 6

Hicks
04-19-2008, 12:13 PM
I'll throw out my predictions, just to see how wrong I am in 2 months. :laugh:

EAST:
Celtics over Hawks in 5
Pistons over Sixers in 5
Magic over Raptors in 5
Cavaliers over Wizards in 6

WEST:
Lakers over Nuggets in 5
Hornets over Mavericks in 6
Suns over Spurs in 6
Jazz over Rockets in 6

SEMIS:
Celtics over Cavs in 6
Pistons over Magic in 5

Lakers over Jazz in 5
Suns over Hornets in 6

CONF:
Celtics over Pistons in 7
Suns over Lakers in 7

FINALS:
Celtics over Suns in 6

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 12:36 PM
I couldn't be anymore excited for these Playoffs.

Pingu
04-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Go Wizards! I'm pumped up for this series. I'm going to see game 3 in DC. Woot!

sweabs
04-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Haha!

What a shot by Gil to end the first quarter. I love the smile on the bench. I really have this love-hate thing with Arenas. But I'm kind of pulling for the Wiz in this thing.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 01:09 PM
And your other radical prediction is an anti-jinx?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

jeesh

The Raptors Jose Calderon has a 66:1 assist-to-turnover ratio in the month of April.

Yes, you read the correctly, and it was not a typo.

66 assists and 1 turnover in the 8 games he's played in the month of April.

Enjoy your new home next season, T.J. Ford.

I was on the Jose BandWagon before a lot of ppl BTW

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 01:10 PM
LeBron hits the floor in 2 consecutive possessions and now he's gettin his foul calls anytime he is breathed on. These refs muyt all have the NFL green sticker.

Arenas with the 40 footer.

tora tora
04-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Arenas is not human.

shags
04-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Gilbert Arenas EN FUEGO!!!!

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 01:14 PM
You can't guard him!

Stern's on his way tho, don't worry.

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Hibachi!!!!!!!

Being a Pacers fan kinda sorta really sucks.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Stern's on his way tho, don't worry.

And he's arrived. 2 phantom fouls on the Wizards, both save missed baskets

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Quit crying.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 01:24 PM
And now Wally just jumps directly into Haywood and its a foul...here we go again

And now an offensive off ball foul on Songaila :lmao:

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 01:24 PM
That was a foul. And you conveniently fail to mention Gil's flop I notice.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 01:26 PM
That was a foul. And you conveniently fail to mention Gil's flop I notice.

No it wasn't a foul

They made up for the flop with the Songaila call.

I guess all is even?

Margin of error +LBJ

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 01:31 PM
I was impressed

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 01:32 PM
I would hope so. WOW. That Lebron alley-oop was pretty unreal.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 01:40 PM
put him on his ***

:happydanc

And of course we get the extra technical called.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ahh Stern

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Haywood has to try harder than that to get Bron tossed.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Haywood has to try harder than that to get Bron tossed.

put Blatche on him again

He was doin a damn good job

Hicks
04-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Am I the only one seeing the Wizards responding to "The King" waving his elbow in their faces or actually hitting them with an elbow? The Wizards are getting a little screwed here regarding that stuff. LeBron's waving his elbow around out there.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Am I the only one seeing the Wizards responding to "The King" waving his elbow in their faces or actually hitting them with an elbow? The Wizards are getting a little screwed here regarding that stuff. LeBron's waving his elbow around out there.

I just hope Eddie Jordan has him put oh his keester a few more times

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 02:06 PM
and the O Foul on Haywood lmao. this is getting ridiculous

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Breathe and foul lmao

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Fear The Boob. Did you catch that mini-shoulder shimmee?

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Fear The Boob. Did you catch that mini-shoulder shimmee?

He shoots enough 3s to be mini Toine, y not dance like him too rite?

Kofi
04-19-2008, 02:39 PM
He shoots enough 3s to be mini Toine, y not dance like him too rite?

He hits them at 44%. At that rate, if i'm a Cavs fan I say he can shoot them all day, everyday. We're talking about the guy that put "Mr. Big Shot" Chauncey Billups in therapy last year as a rookie.

Mourning
04-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Haha!

What a shot by Gil to end the first quarter. I love the smile on the bench. I really have this love-hate thing with Arenas. But I'm kind of pulling for the Wiz in this thing.

Same here!

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 02:51 PM
The criminally underrated Antawn Jamison is sixth all time in turnover percentage. Who knew?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/tov_pct_career.html

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 02:53 PM
As much as I hate feeding the conspiracy theorists of NBA refereeing, that's the second nit-picky traveling call on Tough Juice this afternoon.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Took you long enuff Deshawn

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Fear The Beard.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Sideshow Bob is out of control. He's gonna hurt somebody. Let him keep shooting :devil:

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Latest. foul call. EVER

Lord Helmet
04-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Hibachi!!!!!!!

Being a Pacers fan kinda sorta really sucks.
Kinda sorta?

It's terrible. Our team is in a never-ending hell, that continues to worsen.

Who knows the next time we'll be lucky enough to play in the playoffs.

BTW there was a really late call for LeBron that I thought was lame.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Arenas is hacked all thew way to the basket - no call.

Joe Smith bodyslams Arenas, no call.

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Kinda sorta?

It's terrible. Our team is in a never-ending hell, that continues to worsen.

Who knows the next time we'll be lucky enough to play in the playoffs.

I was kinda sorta tryna be kind. LG's mom always taught me that if you can't say anything nice...

Also...Lebron is not even remotely stoppable. He's one part freight train, one part wrecking ball.

I love Gilbert...really I do. One of my favorite five dudes in the League easily. But his "Hero Complex" is a little out of control. I think he thinks his life is a movie.

EDIT: I missed the replay on that Agent Zero drive, MTO. There was definitely some contact.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 03:11 PM
We lose.

LBJ wasn't fouled BTW

Who fouled Gibson?

Why is Rick Carlisle acted like it was intentional?

Lord Helmet
04-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Yeah, the Cavs win.

Sollozzo
04-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Joe Smith bodyslams Arenas, no call.

Arenas grabbed his arms. Jump ball was a good call there.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 03:19 PM
EDIT: I missed the replay on that Agent Zero drive, MTO. There was definitely some contact.

I'm used to it in the playoffs.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Arenas grabbed his arms. Jump ball was a good call there.

He grabbed the ball around his arms. Still no excuse for Joe Smith to throw him around like a rag doll

AesopRockOn
04-19-2008, 03:43 PM
The refs favored the Cavs. We knew that they would. But the Wizards LOST this game with many really stupid plays. I'm formally saying that Eddie Jordan is a pretty poor coach. Other than Jamison, who missed some wide open threes, the Wiz play like a playground team on offense. No semblance of a play or even a pick and roll. A PAR with Arenas and Jamison is unstoppable. Ugly, ugly game.

Lastly, Lebron missed two free throws at the end of the game. Delonte West made both of his. Just sayin'.

AesopRockOn
04-19-2008, 03:45 PM
The Spurs look terrible.

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 03:48 PM
I have the Suns winning this series.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 03:49 PM
I agree we lost the game with alto of missed shots. But without the refs, no way Cavs are up by 6 win that game

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Boris Diaw doing work. Where is this coming from?

AesopRockOn
04-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Can we stop the "the West is so stacked that there's no upsets" please? If Denver beat the Lakers, it would be a bigger upset than the 1-8 last year.

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 04:41 PM
If Denver beat the Lakers, it would be a bigger upset than the 1-8 last year.

Not really.

Denver has a Hall of Famer, a potential Hall of Famer and the reigning DPOY in their starting lineup. I'd be a lot less shocked if they beat LA than I was when GState trounced the 67-win Mavericks last year.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Not really.

Denver has a Hall of Famer, a potential Hall of Famer and the reigning DPOY in their starting lineup. I'd be a lot less shocked if they beat LA than I was when GState trounced the 67-win Mavericks last year.

agreed

AesopRockOn
04-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Fine, that's your opinion.

The difference I'm seeing is in the to-be-upset teams. Dallas was/is led by Dirk. LA is led by Kobe. There's a better chance that Trey Parker becomes president of the Family Guy Fan Club than Kobe letting his team lose to the eighth seed.

Kstat
04-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Agreed that denver over LA would not be a monumental upset.

Denver has gigantic mismatches at two positions. LA should win, but itll be close.

AesopRockOn
04-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Another thing: look at the team matchups; individual matchups really aren't that important in the playoffs unless you have a Kobe or Lebron. Last year, Golden State forced the Mavs to play their style and got huge clutchness from Baron and great lockdown (talk about a damn individual matchup) defense from Jack. The Mavs could not keep up with the Warriors' style and ****ed up a bit in the halfcourt on both ends. This year, on the other hand, the Lakers could run with the Nuggets if they had to. They could also play in the halfcourt effectively because they have the best player in the game (who is quickly approaching Jordan as the best ever). Oh yeah, the Nuggets have NO ONE to guard Kobe. And even though the Nuggets have Camby (who has astounding defensive numbers), they like the Warriors before them could be in big trouble if they play a team with a post threat. I think the Lakers have a post threat. The best argument you could make is that the Mavs had just been to the Finals and the Lakers team as a whole has little experience. But the Mavs choked in the Finals; the Lakers don't and won't.

Note: This is Bill Simmons type of approach. This type of thinking just makes sense to me, but your perspective is nice too.

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 05:28 PM
I hear ya. But I just don't think the "shocking" aspect is debatable.

Personally, I think that this Denver team is better than that GState team. And I think this LA team is certainly less dominant and probably not as good as that Dallas team (meaning, as good as I thought that Dallas team was before the First Round started last year...not how good they eventually proved to be by losing).

But most importantly...

LA was 57-25 this year and was almost swept in the 1st Round last year...Denver was 50-32 and beat out a 48-win team to make the playoffs.

Dallas was 67-15 last year and the defending West champs...GState was 42-20 and back-doored their way in to the playoffs.

AesopRockOn
04-19-2008, 05:40 PM
Good point, I kind of forgot how much credit people were giving the Mavs after winning 67 games the year after they choked in the Finals. I hate their team and was cheering for the Warriors so I was probably biased to begin with.

In other news, the Spurs, who I'm picking to win in seven, just took the lead!

Kstat
04-19-2008, 05:43 PM
...and the suns take it right back.

AesopRockOn
04-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Damn, Manu got killed by Shaq. Could the NBA be giving up on the Spurs and pushing as hard as it can for a Lakers-Suns i.e. Kobe-Shaq Finals? Me thinks so.

Kofi
04-19-2008, 05:44 PM
I want to see the Spurs go home in round 1. I'm tired of seeing them win.

Kstat
04-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Damn, Manu got killed by Shaq. Could the NBA be giving up on the Spurs and pushing as hard as it can for a Lakers-Suns i.e. Kobe-Shaq Finals? Me thinks so.

When exactly was the NBA ever in favor of the spurs? They never drew great TV ratings.

There always has to be a stupid conspiracy theory behind everything. God forbid one team just outplayed the other.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Free Basketball.

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Nice stick by Mikey Fins.

AesopRockOn
04-19-2008, 06:00 PM
When exactly was the NBA ever in favor of the spurs? They never drew great TV ratings.

There always has to be a stupid conspiracy theory behind everything. God forbid one team just outplayed the other.

That's the really interesting thing about it. The Spurs aren't a big market team and they don't have a really marketable superstar i.e. no witnesses or falling down seven times getting back up again. But they kept winning so the league had to back them and market them someway. They've played in the international card, the Big Fundamental card, the Desperate Housewife card, etc. They also, in the opinions of many NBA pundits, got the calls over the Suns in last year's matchup. But now the Suns have Shaq and the Shaq-Kobe thing is compelling to the league and many casual fans. Stars and star teams getting prefferential treatment is not on some conspiracy theory level; I'm a Pacers fan, what do you expect?

The question was: would the NBA's interest be better served if the Suns beat the Spurs? If the answer is yes, that message gets down to the refs. That said, I won't put a loss on the refs before a team (unless the Pacers are playing :D). I didn't mean to sound antagonistic because we were disagreeing about the Lakers-Nuggets question.

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 06:04 PM
For the record, I'm a Pacer fan and think all that conspiracy crap is utter nonsense as well...all due respect Aesop.

Meanwhile...I LOVE THIS GAME. Huge play by Duncan taking that charge to foul out Amare.

AND A ****ING THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kstat
04-19-2008, 06:04 PM
The NBA would be best served with clean basketball. The best results are the unintended ones.

Kstat
04-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Duncan for 3. WTF?

AesopRockOn
04-19-2008, 06:06 PM
This is amazing. His first of the year.

KStat and Jay: Whale's Vagina

Rasmus
04-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Duncan?!?! What the hell!
Spurs haven't still had any lead in this game. Let's hope it will stay like this.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 06:11 PM
More Free Basketball

Kstat
04-19-2008, 06:11 PM
I love how Steve Nash never sees the ball on any of these game-winning shot attempts.

carpediem024
04-19-2008, 06:12 PM
I was expecting Grant Hill to shoot it. But why shoot a fadeaway?

carpediem024
04-19-2008, 06:13 PM
I hate how at&t center plays random music.

Kstat
04-19-2008, 06:16 PM
...and on his 5th consecutive moving screen, Kurt Thomas finally gets busted.

Kstat
04-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Neither Nash nor Duncan wants to let this game go.

AesopRockOn
04-19-2008, 06:20 PM
I'm going to be so sad when this series ends, no matter who wins.

Kstat
04-19-2008, 06:25 PM
That's probably the game, but you never know.

Amare's going to get reamed for that offensive foul late in the first OT.

Kstat
04-19-2008, 06:28 PM
If I'm Phoenix, I go 2 for 1.

lafayettepacer
04-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Don't ask me why PHX never fouled near then end or regulation, or even in the first OT.

Hicks
WHAT a shot by Nash!

lafayettepacer
Nash is clutch. But can't anybody guard Ginobli?

Hicks
04-19-2008, 06:31 PM
They couldn't stop Manu.

Doddage
04-19-2008, 06:31 PM
What a hell of a game.... if that's a preview of the rest of the series, wow.

Kstat
04-19-2008, 06:32 PM
I feel so bad for Nash right now, but if you can't keep guy from getting a layup, you don't deserve to win the game.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 06:32 PM
Grant Hill called a TO, but the decided not to T him up

AesopRockOn
04-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Wow. That was a classic.

tora tora
04-19-2008, 06:37 PM
What Rudy said...

Basketball Fan
04-19-2008, 06:55 PM
More Free Basketball

Whoever got tickets to this game got their money's worth.

idioteque
04-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Did you see how much the other Spurs paid attention when Duncan got them together during one of the time outs. They all immediately straightened up and started listening to him when he started talking.

Yeah, the Pacers have needed that since Reggie left.

Peja looks to be in his choking playoff form early.

ajbry
04-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Peja looks to be in his choking playoff form early.

I was hoping someone would say that.

West also looks terrible. All-Star my ***.

idioteque
04-19-2008, 07:18 PM
I was hoping someone would say that.

West also looks terrible. All-Star my ***.

:buddies:

Is there a reason Kidd is being booed so mercilessly? What obvious history am I missing?

I would have liked to see Byron get into that speech a bit more, but he must not be a screaming coach.

idioteque
04-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Both teams look incredibly sloppy and pretty soft. Jeez Kidd, just lay that one in, it would have been hilarious if he threw that pass out of bounds.

ajbry
04-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Both teams look incredibly sloppy and pretty soft. Jeez Kidd, just lay that one in, it would have been hilarious if he threw that pass out of bounds.

Yeah, especially compared to the game that just concluded about an hour ago.

I'm not impressed with the Hornets and haven't really been all year. CP3 will have to play incredible basketball this entire series for them to have a shot.

ajbry
04-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Peja is awesome. What a mentally tough player.

idioteque
04-19-2008, 07:37 PM
The only thing I miss about Peja was the funny way that Slick Leonard said his name. Doesn't he have something like four years left on that big contract of his? Yikes.

Nice shot by Chris Paul. Regardless of the crappy quarter by both teams, that is a play franchise players make right there.

ajbry
04-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Bonzi making that push for the benjamins, a la Tim Thomas. And some stupid GM will give him tons of money next year.

Josh Howard = the next Jerry Stackhouse. Dude is a black hole and then some.

Peja drills a three... Guess the law of averages finally gave him a break.

idioteque
04-19-2008, 08:10 PM
#40 for the Hornets looks like an overgrown accountant.

Trader Joe
04-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Chris Paul>you.

Kstat
04-19-2008, 08:54 PM
I love watching Chris Paul play. It's just like watching Isiah back in the day.

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 09:12 PM
I love watching Chris Paul play. It's just like watching Isiah back in the day.

Only better.

And don't worry arbry...we'll give you a mulligan on NOLA.

ajbry
04-19-2008, 09:18 PM
And don't worry arbry...we'll give you a mulligan on NOLA.

Who's that?

And I do feel foolish for doubting the Hornets... for now. But their competition is playing terribly.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 09:22 PM
This Paul kid is alright.

Alpolloloco
04-19-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm not impressed with the Hornets and haven't really been all year.

:wtf:

ajbry
04-19-2008, 09:38 PM
:wtf:

What an elegant counterpoint.... I love CP3's game but otherwise I think their bench is still a relative unknown, West is overrated, and their starting shooting guard wouldn't be starting on any other decent team.

Trader Joe
04-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Ya know, I watch Chris Paul and I hope and dream that the Pacers could some day get a PG like him. I don't even know how I would be able to function if I were a Hawks fan.

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Ya know, I watch Chris Paul and I hope and dream that the Pacers could some day get a PG like him.

They don't exist.

Meanwhile, as this Utah game starts, does anyone else feel like it's been Christmas morning all day?

ajbry
04-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Meanwhile, as this Utah game starts, does anyone else feel like it's been Christmas morning all day?

If all these games were on TNT, yeah.

JayRedd
04-19-2008, 09:50 PM
True.

ABC/ESPN are improving a little though...Mark/Van Gundy is money, Hubie is Hubie and Jalen in the booth is pretty sweet.

AesopRockOn
04-19-2008, 10:25 PM
T-Mac's hurting. I don't see this series going more than five. It's going to be an ugly five games though.

grace
04-19-2008, 10:39 PM
I hate how at&t center plays random music.

That's funny because Kegboy just telling me how much he liked it.

ajbry
04-19-2008, 11:09 PM
If I hear Doris Burke say "sleepy-eyed" one more time...

I doubt T-Mac wants to be referred to as that, anyway.

shags
04-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Ya know, I watch Chris Paul and I hope and dream that the Pacers could some day get a PG like him. I don't even know how I would be able to function if I were a Hawks fan.

Don't worry, I'm sure Marvin Williams will score 33 points in his playoff debut tomorrow.

I'm actually not sure why the Bucks don't at least catch some flak for not drafting Paul. They had the #1 pick that year, and upon drafting Andrew Bogut immediately signed Dan Gadzuric to a 6 year, $36 million contract and traded for Jamaal Magloire. Did they really believe in Mo Williams that much?

AesopRockOn
04-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Yeah, she's awful. You'd think they'd grab a decent color commentator for the playoffs.

Robertmto
04-19-2008, 11:40 PM
So would everybody else take Millsap over JO?

I know I would

JayRedd
04-20-2008, 12:05 AM
For the price? Undoubtedly.

Robertmto
04-20-2008, 12:12 AM
For the price? Undoubtedly.

for a similiar, average price? yes again

grace
04-20-2008, 02:09 AM
Yeah, she's awful. You'd think they'd grab a decent color commentator for the playoffs.

I'd MUCH rather listen to her than Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy.

Doddage
04-20-2008, 02:12 AM
Yeah. I don't have a problem with her, in fact I like the team of her and the dude who's name I don't know. They both know their college stuff and incorporate it within their commentary.

sweabs
04-20-2008, 02:14 AM
Carlisle's favourite word to use while commentating?

Facilitate.

Kofi
04-20-2008, 04:49 AM
for a similiar, average price? yes again

Your Pacer hate is out of control my friend. When Milsap becomes an All-Star - NAY! - even a starter in this great league of ours, then maybe we can start talking. Until then, he's your typical bench player that becomes overrated via playing with great teammates. I could see him becoming a poor man's Antonio Davis, however.

Anyways, today was a nice assortment of games. Seeing Arenas fall apart like a teenage girl stood-up on prom night was hilarious. He's to choke what Reggie Miller was to clutch. He's also been trying to fabricate a rivalry between himself and LeBron for a few years now, and no one's actually buying into it because the idea of Arenas being in the same stratosphere as LeBron is laughable. He'd be better off trying to start a rivalry with Daniel Gibson, as the only thing that separates the two is about 14 shot's per game.

The Suns/Spurs game was a classic. Duncan is still the best overall player in the game, despite his lack of hype. The Suns choked the game away, and if they lose this series it may be time to drastic changes that don't involve bringing in has beens.

JayRedd
04-20-2008, 12:44 PM
favourite

English, please. You know I don't speak Canadian.

LoneGranger33
04-20-2008, 12:50 PM
TJ Ford is crap.
Bargnani can't defend Hedo.

JayRedd
04-20-2008, 12:51 PM
You can only hope to contain Hedo.

Dwight is a cyborg.

LoneGranger33
04-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Maybe I misunderestimated the Magic...

JayRedd
04-20-2008, 01:19 PM
You probably just misoverestimated the horrible Dinosaurs.

EDIT: If you just go by melanin levels, Toronto has a white wash out there.

Kstat
04-20-2008, 02:34 PM
I nominate "misoverestimated" for word of the year.

I think you used it incorrectly, though. Going by your usage, it should be "misunderestimated."

Kstat
04-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Keepin' it very strict right now to discourage further comments in this direction - Mal

LoneGranger33
04-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Boston beats New York again!

Great game so far!

Kofi
04-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Philly on the comeback. Tayshaun Prince getting outplayed by the 19 year old Thadeus Young.

Detroit getting away with a lot of cheap shots. You'd have to think Philly would have the lead if the game was called down the middle.

Kofi
04-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Reggie Evans is making Rasheed Wallace look stupid.

Is no one else watching this guy?

ajbry
04-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Iggy thinks he's LeBron... Dude needs to chill on the step-back perimeter jumpers.

Kofi
04-20-2008, 08:34 PM
The 76ers are the new Warriors.

JayRedd
04-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Philly gonna do it?

kester99
04-20-2008, 08:39 PM
Maybe not with that call on dally.

ajbry
04-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Such a stupid play. I don't get why so many of these world-class NBA players constantly set screens when their best player has the ball with the shot clock running down. Let the star do their thing, don't bring another defender and force him to pass...

ajbry
04-20-2008, 08:43 PM
The 76ers are the new Warriors.

Lou Williams seems to be this year's Monta Ellis (whom struggled mightily), but aside from that there's nothing alike.

Kofi
04-20-2008, 08:44 PM
LOL!

Kofi
04-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Lou Williams seems to be this year's Monta Ellis (whom struggled mightily), but aside from that there's nothing alike.

You're absolutely right. A #8 seed beating a #1 seed is nothing at all like a #7 seed beating a #2 seed. How silly of me.

kester99
04-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Oh, "smack!!"

That had to hurt.

Philly 1 Pistons 0

Now ATL beats Boston, eh?

LoneGranger33
04-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Pistons will bounce back methinks.

ajbry
04-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Damn. Iggy plays like ***** (except his 9 boards and 8 dimes were nice), Lou Williams shoots 33%, and the Sixers still pull out a win in a hostile road environment.

Could actually be a very entertaining (and long) series.

Kofi
Sheed missing the gimme to tie it with under 10 seconds to play was hilarious.

kester99
Darn, LG, good to see you, so to speak.

And you may well be right.

AesopRockOn
:dance:

rexnom
04-20-2008, 08:48 PM
I am surprisingly not shocked by this defeat. Also, the Pistons could easily get fired up by this and win the next four. Good for the Sixers though!

Doddage
Hahahaha, go Philly

Big Smooth
The TNT guys at halftime darn near had the Pistons penciled in to beat Boston. :D

Kegboy
Wow.

Was there a lid on that left basket, or what?

rexnom
04-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Btw, if this Philly team doesn't show the importance of PG play, I don't know what does. It's gotta be so nice to have a veteran point bringing it up at the end of games.

ajbry
04-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Why does TNT continue to bring back Dick Stockton for playoffs coverage? It's painful.

kester99
04-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Btw, if this Philly team doesn't show the importance of PG play, I don't know what does. It's gotta be so nice to have a veteran point bringing it up at the end of games.

Wouldn't that be nice? For the Pacers: Veteran, check. Bringing it...not so much.

AesopRockOn
04-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Is it just my TV or does the arena look like it's filled with smoke? I don't see Hulk in the stands.

ajbry
04-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Is it just my TV or does the arena look like it's filled with smoke? I don't see Hulk in the stands.

My dad (your typical Boston fan - only knows the Boston teams) said there were pre-game fireworks and the ventilation system isn't doing a very good job getting rid of all the smoke.

Kofi
04-20-2008, 09:05 PM
The 76ers now have a 3 game winning streak against Detroit this season, and are 23-12 (.657) in their last 35 games. That winning percentage works out to 54 wins over the course of an 82 game regular season.

Hicks
04-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Reggie Evans really had Detroit by the balls.....

I still think Detroit will kill them, though.

rexnom
04-20-2008, 09:16 PM
I just hope that the Sixers don't make the mistake of getting blown out in game 2. They need to stay fired up and fight for that game. If Detroit wins game 2 easily, I can see them taking that momentum into games 3 and 4. Then Philly would be forced to win either game 5 or 7 in the Palace, neither of which is happening.

OnlyPacersLeft
04-20-2008, 09:53 PM
if they can fight tooth and nail and get game 2 this could get ugly fast for the pistons! Game 2 is just as important as game 1...

sweabs
04-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Detroit in 5. If I had to guess...

Kstat
04-20-2008, 10:41 PM
My first playoff game tonight.

Irony, huh?

Oh well, Milwaukee beat us pretty bad at home in the first round the year we won the championship.

Not really a big deal to me unless we lose game 2. I've been through too many of these things.

Rip Hamilton, Chauncey Billups and Rodney Stuckey are not going to combine for under 30 points again.

Sollozzo
04-20-2008, 10:43 PM
I think Philly will get a game at home, but Detroit will win in 6.

Kstat
04-20-2008, 10:50 PM
I think Philly will get a game at home, but Detroit will win in 6.

Seems to be a likely scenario, but i don't think 5 is entirely out of the question.

JayRedd
04-20-2008, 10:55 PM

Nice.

Unclebuck
04-21-2008, 09:03 AM
The Pistons have trouble playing with the proper intensity needed for a whole game. (They didn't have that trouble when Larry Brown was the coach)

I want to make a couple of comments about the playoffs in general. Wow - I was thinking that Saturday might have been the best day in the history NBA playoffs. 1 classic game, 2 very, very good games and 1 OK game. It was a great day. Or was it really - maybe it was just a typical day in NBA playoff basketball. Or maybe because it was the first day, the difference between the regular season and the playoffs was really striking.

There is nothing better than the NBA playoffs. I know I'm biased, but there is a certain "OMG this is for real quality" that I just don't often feel in other sports.

I don't want to get into a discussion about other sports here, so let me just say, the playoffs are incredible - and the best part - we get to see the Spurs play the Suns again - and who doesn't want to see them play again.

Unclebuck
04-21-2008, 10:00 AM
True.

ABC/ESPN are improving a little though...Mark/Van Gundy is money, Hubie is Hubie and Jalen in the booth is pretty sweet.

I completely agree. John Barry is excellent also at any role they put him in. SAS has to go and I'd be really happpy. Hubie is getting older and somtimes I think he is slipping maybe a little and yet, no one ever has been better at pointing things out to me that I don't see for myself.

Jeff Van Gundy is great also, he discusses things that go beyond surface level.

(side not, Rick Carlisle I thought was Mr. Obvious during his game. He wasn't bad, but just stated the obvious)

Kofi
04-21-2008, 10:06 AM
My first playoff game tonight.

Irony, huh?

Oh well, Milwaukee beat us pretty bad at home in the first round the year we won the championship.

Not really a big deal to me unless we lose game 2. I've been through too many of these things.

Rip Hamilton, Chauncey Billups and Rodney Stuckey are not going to combine for under 30 points again.

Let's not pretend we saw the 76ers A-game.

Iguodala 4-15
Dalembert 2-10
Williams 4-12

Hicks
04-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Let's not pretend we saw the 76ers A-game.

Iguodala 4-15
Dalembert 2-10
Williams 4-12

I think it will be much harder for the 76ers to have an "A-game" offensively than the Pistons. However I know that Philly can play good D, so that should tighten the gap. But ultimately I see a clearly superior team that I expect to take over if they wake up. I think if this loss didn't wake them up then they probably don't deserve to win the series.

JayRedd
04-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Wow - I was thinking that Saturday might have been the best day in the history NBA playoffs.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think it's debatable in terms of quantity of good games anyway.

The best part though, is that the whole Western Playoffs are just gonna be out of f'ing control and we might see an even better day next weekend.

Suns/Spurs in the First Round is insane.

Watching the East yesterday felt like watching NCAA D-II Women's ball in comparison to Saturday.

Speed
04-21-2008, 11:24 AM

Nice, that never gets unfunny to me!!

Hicks
04-21-2008, 11:32 AM
I think it's hasty to proclaim it "best day ever". Surely over the past 40 years there's been days to at least rival Saturday, right?

Unclebuck
04-21-2008, 11:41 AM
I think it's hasty to proclaim it "best day ever". Surely over the past 40 years there's been days to at least rival Saturday, right?

For quantity and quality though it was hard to beat. Also you have to consider how many days in playoff history have 4 games been played - and when you can watch each of the 4 because they aren't on at the same times. I know only in the first round can you possibly get 4 games in the same day and you would have to look long and hard to see a Suns vs Spurs first round type series.

I've been watching the playoffs for a lot of years - And I cannot remember a better day. Certainly the best opening day ever, no question

Twes
04-21-2008, 02:24 PM
I have to say it's been a long time since I was sucked in to the first round NBA playoffs like I was this past weekend.

I'm not a Celtic fan but it's kind of interesting to me there is a new powerhouse team in the east.

It's interesting to me Shaq "could be" on his third contending team.

It's interesting to me that Phil Jackson may have stuck it out and built a contending team from the ground up. Well, kind of. But if the Lakers do something I do think it's a feather in his cap. After all, he was the guy with Jordon/Pippan, Shaq/Kobe and gravy trained his way to 9 rings, he never had to do it with a bad team getting better. Until now. Gasol looked great in game 1.

I also am intrigued by this kid in New Orleans. Undaunted, fierce game 1 for a rookie. THAT's the body language I'm looking for in a Pacer star player.

There were some great games.

I actually preferred the rapid paced 5 game series of the first round in years past with the every other night pace. It never gives you a chance to lose touch with the series.

The next few months should be fun.

grace
04-21-2008, 03:56 PM
And I cannot remember a better day. Certainly the best opening day ever, no question

I have a hard time believing it was the best ever. I will say that Sunday was saved by a 2 seed losing.

Robertmto
04-21-2008, 05:25 PM
Blatche will receive more minutes in the Wiz game it looks like, sounds like Eddie wants a more physical defender on LBJ

rexnom
04-21-2008, 05:28 PM
I liked this one.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5LOkjxIfhM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5LOkjxIfhM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
The best part is Iverson flying by after Reggie just killed him. I love that game by Reggie. Pacers win 79-78 in a war. Reggie shoots a Jackson-esque 5-21 but just drills that three to win it. And he was 35 at the time.

AesopRockOn
04-21-2008, 07:10 PM
If they lose this game, they truly are the dumbest team this league has seen.

Hicks
04-21-2008, 07:28 PM
LeBron with the tremendous THREE STEPS then the stuff!

But since it was COOL AND AWESOME it's OK!

Pingu
04-21-2008, 07:35 PM
LeBron needs to stop celebrating each basket as if he had won the NBA finals.

edit: and the flopping is unnecessary. A future hall-of-famer doesn't need that.

AesopRockOn
04-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Reggie is ruining his legacy by commentating. It's excruciating.

Pingu
04-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Wow. The Wizards look awful out there. Caron Butler has been very disappointing so far in this series.

grace
04-21-2008, 08:19 PM
LeBron with the tremendous THREE STEPS then the stuff!

But since it was COOL AND AWESOME it's OK!

It (supposedly) was when Jordan did it.

grace
04-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Reggie is ruining his legacy by commentating. It's excruciating.

If you think that's bad you should hear him on Dan Patrick. (Although the time they were making fun of his ex-wife was pretty funny.)

ajbry
04-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Reggie just said the Haywood foul was just a "hard foul" and doesn't warrant an ejection.

Come on Reg. You cannot be serious.

Kstat
04-21-2008, 08:47 PM
That was no doubt a flagrant foul, but to eject heywood on that play is a joke.

JayRedd
This game is getting awesome.

I wanna see Big Ben go toe-to-toe with Soulja Boy.

idioteque
DeShawne Stevenson is a chump.

I love Reggie, always have, always will, but his voice has always sounded funny to me when he commentates.

Dece
04-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Wow, that was the weakest flagrant 2 ever. What a lame protect Lebron call. Flagrant foul definitely, but ejection? He didn't hit his head or anything.

AesopRockOn
04-21-2008, 08:48 PM
I really hope Lebron's okay. He might need TWO Band-Aids. :(

idioteque
04-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Arenas is just chucking it out there. The shot selection by the Wizards for most of the game has been absolutely pathetic.

AesopRockOn
04-21-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm sick. The Wizards have played horribly these past two games and don't deserve ****. But that doesn't mean the Cavs need every single call go their way no matter what. **** Stern.

rexnom
04-21-2008, 08:53 PM
I cannot believe I picked the Wiz.

idioteque
04-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Me either.

I don't watch LeBron play a lot, but he is really good at making his relatively crappy teammates better.

idioteque
04-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Whenever I see that Utah Jazz logo, I think of Gatorade Frost.

I don't like ticky tack calls like that one on Butler. Reggie is right, that is a regular season call, not a playoff call. Too many fouls are called in the NBA period.

AesopRockOn
04-21-2008, 09:02 PM
That is a brand new foul call. This is too much to handle.

Stryder
04-21-2008, 09:10 PM
That is a brand new foul call. This is too much to handle.

I cannot view the game...what was the call?