PDA

View Full Version : What NBA player do you most resemble?

Shade
06-08-2004, 05:09 PM
This applies to measurements (height, weight), game skills, etc.

If you would compare yourself to any NBA player(s), who would it be?

Suaveness
06-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Reggie Miller. I'm short, but skinny. And I like to run around all the time. A LOT.

Hicks
06-08-2004, 05:11 PM
I don't think your gonna find anyone hear who literally matches up in height/weight with NBA players; they're all big guys.

As for who's game?

Uhh, :laugh:

Again, if anyone was actually comparable, they'd be IN the NBA, not talking about it here. :D

I guess I'd be Foster. You don't want me to shoot it, but if I'm wide open I'll give it a shot. I'd just put my effort into fundamentals, defense, and rebounding.

DisplacedKnick
06-08-2004, 05:12 PM
From a skill level I always thought Steve Kerr. The only thing I was really good at was shooting - but I was very good.

Of course I'm sure that based on athleticism & a bunch of other things Steve was about 4 levels above me.

MagicRat
06-08-2004, 05:16 PM
This applies to measurements (height, weight), game skills, etc.

If you would compare yourself to any NBA player(s), who would it be?

If you're going by height, I'm guessing you'll come up with a lot of Spud Webbs's, Michael Adams's, Calvin Murphys, A.I.'s, Earl Boykins's, Speedy Claxtons's and T.J. Fords.....

Ant
06-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Paul Pierce, without the dunks :D

Thats just based on how I look when I play I guess (movements, style of game)

Snickers
06-08-2004, 05:18 PM
As a kid, I always wanted to play like Reggie. As I've gotten a little older, I think I'm a little like Jon Bender. Tall and skinny, can shoot from all over, and can jump [though I haven't been in the gym as much as usual, so not like I used to be able to]

Mourning
06-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Hmmm ... my offensive interior movements aren't too fabulous, but I have a good shot from very short to the outer end of midrange, particularly my turn around and spot up jumpers are ... well below abysmal for NBA-level :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , but pretty good otherways. I dont take a lot of shots in games, but the ones I do take are either exactly the shots I like to take (turn around, spot up jumpers) or high percentage shots near the board.
I'm a phisically strong player at an average height for my position and like playing physical defense, I don't block a lot of shots, and I'm an average rebounder for the C-spot, but I do alter a lot of shots and like playing helpdefense a lot. My primary position is C, but I can play limited in a (P)F role.
My passing is decent, but should be better in the paint, which is what I will be working on a little more.

Ok, I have no idea, so someone who do I compare with most??? (Here come the Muresan comparisons!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ).

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

LAPacer
06-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Like hicks said no one really matches up quite like the NBA players, but compared to the guys in the league I play in, I view my game like a Mike Bibby. I run the point, hit tons of jumpers, soft on D, can pass, and just barely enough handles to run the point.

Kstat
06-08-2004, 05:33 PM
Austin Croshere. No doubt in my mind.

bulletproof
06-08-2004, 06:19 PM
Charles Barclay. I'm a smartass and I say what's on my mind. I'm damn funny, too. See? No humility, either. ;)

MSA2CF
06-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Here are some more responses to about the same question:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2721

PistonsDynasty
06-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Oliver Miller

ABADays
06-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Maybe not in height - but in weight and age I resemble the Pacer bench a lot.

Kegboy
06-08-2004, 07:24 PM
I look most like Brian Cardinal. As for skills, hmmm, I've probably got Pollard's hands. :blush:

Alabama-Redneck
06-08-2004, 07:29 PM
40 years and 70 pounds ago, I resembled a 3" shorter Fred Jones. Small hands kept me from controlling a basketball but I could jam the hell out of a volleyball. :dance: :pepper: :D :cool:

Zesty
06-08-2004, 07:33 PM

Do you also throw your head back violently anytime someone slightly bumps you? :laugh:

Ragnar
06-08-2004, 07:42 PM
Oliver Miller

You beat me to it :pepper: :dance:

Roaming Gnome
06-08-2004, 07:42 PM
Oliver Miller

Damn it, you beat me to him....So I will say John "Hot Plate" Williams with extreamly limited skills.

Break out the morter baby... Brick city USA!!!!

ROCislandWarrior
06-08-2004, 07:54 PM
Lets look at the ROC's size and skills:

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 162 lbs

Skills: Penetration and Quickness, Mid-Range Shooting, Ability to Hit shots on the run/fading away

Weaknesses: 3-pt Shooting, Stamina, Defense

Projected Draft Selection: #29 to the Indiana Pacers :D

Like anybody really cares... :cool:

Ant
06-08-2004, 08:25 PM

Do you also throw your head back violently anytime someone slightly bumps you? :laugh:

without the flops also :)

Miller_time04
06-08-2004, 08:32 PM
Height: 6'3"
Wieght: 195 lbs

skills: 3 point shooting, blocking, defense, rebounding.

weaknesses: handles, speed.

I think im a lot like sheed but without the attitude.

rushmore
06-08-2004, 09:45 PM
I learned how to play when I was bigger than everyone else. Now I've got a shooting guard's body with a center's mentality. I do have one mean hook though.

Really, I think I'm most like Croshere. (A few years ago I would have hated to admit that...) but I hustle, always go for the boards, play above average defense, and can hit an outside shot if it's in one of my sweet spots...

Cactus Jax
06-08-2004, 10:19 PM
I'd agree with Mike Bibby when I used to play basketball a lot, but now I seem to look closer to Oliver Miller as well. :unimpressed:

Shade
06-08-2004, 10:21 PM

Same height, but I've got thirty pounds on 'ya. :devil:

BostonConnection
06-08-2004, 10:27 PM
Doug is exempted from having to post in this thread, since we've already determined that he's practically a match for Hoiberg at a DNA level...:laugh:

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/fred_hoiberg.jpg

ChicagoJ
06-08-2004, 10:45 PM
6' 0". Back down to 175 lbs.

Haven't been on a court in years, but I was a Scott Skiles - type PG. Hardnosed, primarily a distributor, quicker than you'd think (I was an all-district sprinter on the track team in college), couldn't shoot worth a :censor: until the last couple of minutes, then I'd be just gutsy enough to take a shot and the coach would scream "Nice shot, don't ever do it again."

sweabs
06-09-2004, 12:37 AM
Height = 6'4
Weight = 190

I play like a cross between Garnett/Madsen.
My rebounding is probably my best attribute, and it in turn brings some energy...I'm not always the biggest guy but I can crash the boards. And I have some range on my shot along with some defense.

Shade
06-09-2004, 12:51 AM

:laugh:

efx
06-09-2004, 12:53 AM
Rip. I'm skinny and I have boundless energy. Can't play basketball for **** but I love to run (like rip).

Miller_time04
06-09-2004, 12:55 AM

Same height, but I've got thirty pounds on 'ya. :devil:

Yea I need to gain some wieght before bball starts back up.

sweabs
06-09-2004, 12:57 AM

:laugh:

Garnett's shooting touch and rebounding skills, with Madsen's undersized ability to crash the boards and bring energy.

kerosene
06-09-2004, 01:00 AM
Dunno, who's 6'2 and 175 lbs, prefers to play in the post, and has poor ball handling skills?

If I was a foot taller I could be "that guy" on the end of any given bench who everyone complains about.

indygeezer
06-09-2004, 01:02 AM
Oliver Miller with Greg Ostertag/Greg Dreiling skills.

Although. At 5'8.5" i can still palm the ball while dribbling. That is, while dribbling I can catch and hold it in my fingertips one-handed. During HS I could smack the ball off the rim but never got it over for the dunk. I could grab and hold onto the rim then now I'd be real lucky to touch the net. We had a 5'7 white boy that could stand flat footed and dunk and I was always jealous of him.

JOneal7
06-09-2004, 01:03 AM
i'd say jason williams...lol I got a decent shooting game...I love to try those flashy plays and and1 stuff and just have fun. But i don't do crack like him :(

sweabs
06-09-2004, 01:04 AM
Oliver Miller with Greg Ostertag/Greg Dreiling skills.

Although. At 5'8.5" i can still palm the ball while dribbling. That is, while dribbling I can catch and hold it in my fingertips one-handed. During HS I could smack the ball off the rim but never got it over for the dunk. I could grab and hold onto the rim then now I'd be real lucky to touch the net. We had a 5'7 white boy that could stand flat footed and dunk and I was always jealous of him.

I am jealous of my 15 year old brother who is 6'5, still growing, and can dunk with ease. Not to mention post me up all day and hit the long ball.

And last summer he went to an IU scouting program :devil: - hopefully a future hoosier!!!

TheSauceMaster
06-09-2004, 01:05 AM
I dunno who I really resemble , I can play the Post well ..but I can shoot a mid range and long range jumper with pretty good results. I used to be pretty domainant at the local basketball courts in my younger days , I played at alot of courts where if they didn't know your game or you sucked you never got "Next Game" sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't have been for the football injury I got to my knee, if I could have played basketball on a higher level.

I played a kid last summer who is on the local high school basketball team (starter) and I beat him pretty bad 21-6 , I love my jump hook :) not bad for a old man when he was 20 years my junior :laugh:

grace
06-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Geneticly speaking I'd say it would have to be Anne Meyer.

Suaveness
06-09-2004, 01:24 PM

Who is that?

indygeezer
06-09-2004, 01:27 PM

Who is that?

Suave...you're kidding right? :confused:

grace
06-09-2004, 01:53 PM

Who is that?

Suave...you're kidding right? :confused:

In Suave's defense I did get her name wrong. I forgot the "s".

http://www.infoplease.com/ipsa/A0758346.html

In 1974, became first high school student to play for U.S. national team; 4-time All-American at UCLA (1976-79); member of 1976 U.S. Olympic team; Broderick Award and Cup winner (1978); Signed $50,000 no cut contract with NBA's Indiana Pacers (1980); Played in Women's WPBL basketball league; won TV's Women Superstars competition three consecutive years (1980-82); married Dodger great Don Drysdale.

Now she does WNBA broadcasts for ABC.

Doug
06-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Doug is exempted from having to post in this thread, since we've already determined that he's practically a match for Hoiberg at a DNA level...:laugh:

If only I had Fred's shot...

Gyron
06-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Lets look Gyron's size and skills:

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 245 lbs
Vertical Jumping Ability: None
Athletic Ability: Very Little

Skills: Willing to work like a dog for a rebound like Jeff Foster, as long as its down low, because I can't jump for ******. Good for the extra fouls needed for Shaq.

Weaknesses: Offense, Stamina, Defense , pretty much everything......

Projected Draft Selection: #22,209 to the Lincoln Park Girls JV Team, oh wait, I couldn't even make that team if I tried....Those girls would own me!

I guess with the way Pollard has played this year, I'd play just like him! :laugh:

TMJ31
06-09-2004, 03:48 PM
me = Wally Szczerbiak

model good looking 3 pt shooter.... ;)

Slick Pinkham
06-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Shawn Kemp.

oops... gotta run out the back door.

Another woman is banging on the front door wanting child support.

Maybe I'll run over to Burger King until she leaves...

:D

but seriously, I'm the same age as Scott Skiles, losing my hair like him, can in a sort of distantly related way, shoot from outside like him.

I once competed in the NBA hotshots competition (1977?) and was in the 14-16 age group and lost to Scott.

Suaveness
06-10-2004, 11:01 AM

If only I had Fred's shot...

Hey, if you got the looks, you got the shot ;)

Hicks
06-10-2004, 03:28 PM
I've never heard of Anne Meyer either. Enlighten us.

TheSauceMaster
06-10-2004, 03:29 PM
http://www.infoplease.com/ipsa/A0758346.html

In 1974, became first high school student to play for U.S. national team; 4-time All-American at UCLA (1976-79); member of 1976 U.S. Olympic team; Broderick Award and Cup winner (1978); Signed $50,000 no cut contract with NBA's Indiana Pacers (1980); Played in Women's WPBL basketball league; won TV's Women Superstars competition three consecutive years (1980-82); married Dodger great Don Drysdale.

Now she does WNBA broadcasts for ABC.

Hicks
06-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Ah ok. :)

MagicRat
06-10-2004, 03:55 PM
After careful deliberation, the best I can come up with is some sort of combination of Erik Strickland/Travis Best/Fred Jones. :blush:

Strong undersized SG, with some ability to play PG......

naptownmenace
06-10-2004, 04:00 PM
I've been told about a dozen times that I resemble Robert Horry. I'm talking about facial features mainly but I guess my game does resemble his a little.

I'm about as streaky as Horry. I've also hit tons of game winners in pick up games. I drive a lot more than he does though.

Spicoli
06-10-2004, 04:12 PM
Well, let's see.... I'm a likeable, overweight, beer-guzzling accountant.

:alcohol:

Yep, I'd say I pattern my game after Norm Peterson from Cheers.

:cheers:

:cool:

Oh wait, you said NBA player, right? Maybe a current day Chuck Barkely without most of his basketball skills...