PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Photoshop Talent, and time?

scar
04-12-2008, 12:44 AM
I made a thread earlier about needing admin help, but it appears what I actually need is someone with Photoshop talent that can make badges. I can let you know more if you're interested. Just PM me. Thanks.

duke dynamite
04-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Do you mean avatars or signatures?

Hicks
04-12-2008, 11:01 AM
I've been talking to him about it, and by badges he means the types of images you sometimes see underneath a user's name on a forum like this or one using different software.

The ones I recall were rectangular in shape and ran underneath their usernames.

Scar might be looking for a different shape. I know he'd greatly appreciate your help!

duke dynamite
04-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Okay. This is really my first forum I've been active in, so I may need a little help understanding.

Hicks
04-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Here's a vBulletin board using them, and it's a post explaining the badges they added.

http://www.thegldg.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16640

Now there's are different than how I'd want them on PD because they display their threads in a way that has your username/avatar/etc. across the top of each post instead of to the left.

Usually when it's a set up like here on PD (info to the left of the post) badges would be more horizontal and less vertical.

Scar, are those badges at least kind of what you're looking for?

duke dynamite
04-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Oh yeah, I never knew what those were called. I'm sure there is a site around somewhere that would let you custom make one, just like the user bars for signatures.

They could also be used like moods and what-not.

scar
04-13-2008, 02:08 PM
We currently use something like this.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg274/scar4prez/mets.jpg

We wanted something that would have the logo and something about team reporting, but at that size, that's alot to ask for and so we've given up hope of that and just use team logos instead.

duke dynamite
04-13-2008, 09:41 PM
I can do that. That's easy, man.

I'll start working on it tomorrow or Tuesday.