PDA

View Full Version : Purdue's Scott Martin to transfer

tdubb03
04-10-2008, 05:33 PM
http://www.nwitimes.com/articles/2008/04/09/updates/breaking_news/doc47fd4494ed888353436239.txt

WTF? I can't really see any of the new recruits eating into his playing time. He's from Valpo which is only maybe an hour from the Purdue campus.

In other Purdue news assistant coach/former 3 point assassin Cuonzo Martin was hired by Missouri State as head coach a few weeks ago.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/ncaatournament/story/66D16A3775A392ED86257418005B3343?OpenDocument

ABADays
04-10-2008, 06:23 PM
I saw that too. Wasn't a good news day for IU, Purdue or Butler.

Shade
04-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Huh. Didn't see that one coming.

Kraft
04-11-2008, 03:01 AM
The writing was already on the wall there. It was just a matter of whether he'd change his mind. Apparently, dad and the girlfriend had a lot of sway.

He'll be a 'star' somewhere, but you'd think he'll think of "what could have been" had he remained a Boiler. Or maybe he'll help Valpo, or whichever team, make the tourney.

Kegboy
04-11-2008, 09:09 AM
Eh, as Moore becomes better we won't miss him. Ridiculously stupid move on his part, though. He was never going to make the NBA, but he's probably killed any chance of playing overseas.

grace
04-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Oh well, good luck I guess.

Raoul Duke
04-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Eh, as Moore becomes better we won't miss him. Ridiculously stupid move on his part, though. He was never going to make the NBA, but he's probably killed any chance of playing overseas.

Yeah he won't get that exposure that comes with playing for a power house basketball program like Purdue.

tdubb03
04-12-2008, 01:41 AM
Only took 6 posts to get a troll!

DisplacedKnick
04-12-2008, 11:47 AM

Maybe though if Johnson figures out his footwork I'm not sure he'll ever see more PT than he did this year. You figure we'll be running one of those wierd guard/swingman lineups and if just one of the recruits can take over at PG that cuts into his minutes even more. He was either going to be an undersized center if JJ doesn't pan out or a bench 3/4 - I don't see him starting over Kramer.

At Valpo he has a shot at being a feature player. Hurts us some with depth but not all that much.

Kraft
04-12-2008, 01:29 PM
With the weight Johnson should be putting on, he'll have to get more minutes next season. As far as starting, I'd think Martin would've been on the outside looking in next year. We'll probably see a three-guard lineup for a long time under Painter, and Hummel and JJ will just be too vital to sit.

And I'd imagine Lewis Jackson will get a lot of minutes handling the ball, since it seems that's no one else's strong suit on this team. Painter thinks he's a McDonald's All-American-type player, so it looks like he'll trust him early.

tdubb03
04-12-2008, 06:12 PM
I've never see Jackson play but everything I read about him says he's a very good player, having a guy who can be a majority ball handler can't hurt. I like JJ a lot if he puts on weight like you guys said. He came on pretty strong towards the end of the year, showed a nice little face up jumper.

grace
04-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Only took 6 posts to get a troll!

You could point out which teams in the state went the farthest in the tournament, but that would be too easy.