PDA

View Full Version : FREE TIX against the Knicks!

tdubb03
04-10-2008, 12:48 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/zve08h

Up to 4 free tickets for Fan Appreciation Night against the Knicks. Get em while they're hot!

rexnom
04-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Wow. Good job Pacers! Let's get fans back!

PacerGuy
04-10-2008, 01:10 PM
FYI, the Pacers are also selling lower level seats for the last game of the season next Wednesday against the Knick for $30 per ticket. This could be your last chance to see Isaiah in action on the sidelines!

Suaveness
04-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Do you have to buy them online or can you just go to Conseco to get them?

Speed
04-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Awesome thank you so much, I just got two in the middle section right when you walk in through the big doors, sweet!! I cost 8.00 to just print out an email, they are $45.00 seats, pretty awesome, I think.

Shade
04-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Much thanks! Just snagged 4 tix for a total of $6.60!

Now I just need to find some people to go with me... :kickcan:

Robertmto
04-10-2008, 02:19 PM

I'd be happy to go see Jared Jeffries and the Pacers

duke dynamite
04-10-2008, 03:13 PM

Heywoode and I with a group of people will be there!

Section 11 Row 6.

RWB
04-10-2008, 03:21 PM
The Mrs. and I will still be asleep in the balcony. I think she enjoys talking to the white haired lady usher more than watching the game sometimes.

Naptown_Seth
04-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Heywoode and I with a group of people will be there!

Section 11 Row 6.
I'd already gotten cheap scalper seats to the club level (basically these prices but a few weeks ago), but at $37 I couldn't skip a pair of BLR's myself.

Funny thing is that I had $5 balconies that I gave to a friend when I got the clubs, and now I think I'll upgrade them from balcony to club. They're good friends, they deserve it.

I just hope Rat got that 2nd row single I saw this morning. It's about time he came down to the civilized part of the arena. ;)

BTW, I had some row 12 or something a few games back and I remember Mal and I had told someone about slipping into the lower level. Well that night the usher working our section was throwing people outta there like a NHL all-star goalie. Go figure. :D So you are definitely better off with $30 rights to be there.

MagicRat
04-10-2008, 03:29 PM
I just hope Rat got that 2nd row single I saw this morning. It's about time he came down to the civilized part of the arena. ;)

I'll probably just stay home. All of the freeloaders may make too much of a ruckus.......

grace
04-10-2008, 03:35 PM
I'll probably just stay home. All of the freeloaders may make too much of a ruckus.......

There will probably also be riots over the t-shirts and little yellow balls they through out during time outs. Speaking as someone who's been hit by those damn things staying home is a much safer bet.

Naptown_Seth
04-10-2008, 03:37 PM
So you never miss a FanJam I take it.
;)

grace
04-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Kegboy hasn't called to ask if I want to go. I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.

DisplacedKnick
04-10-2008, 03:44 PM
This is a conundrum.

If I go to the game and wear Knicks gear, does that imply that I approve of the screw-up management has made of the team over the past 8 years? But if I don't wear it, doesn't that make me a traitor?

And what if mine is the one t-shirt in the crowd which makes Donnie say, "Look! People still LIKE us! I think I should keep Isiah after all." That way lies madness - better to just stay home.

Besides, I trim my nostril hair the third Wednesday of every month. I think I'll get more out of that than by watching the Knicks play.

duke dynamite
04-10-2008, 03:49 PM
This is a conundrum.

If I go to the game and wear Knicks gear, does that imply that I approve of the screw-up management has made of the team over the past 8 years? But if I don't wear it, doesn't that make me a traitor?

You can cheer for whomever you want. Just fill a seat! :p

Ownagedood
04-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Thanks for letting us know.. I got 4.. They are in nosebleed but hey, free tickets!! I wonder if they are just testing to see how many people are still interested enough to go to the games..

joeyd
04-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks for letting us know.. I got 4.. They are in nosebleed but hey, free tickets!! I wonder if they are just testing to see how many people are still interested enough to go to the games..

I don't think they are testing. I think this could be an expensive test. I think they are doing this to try to win back the fans, as I don't think they will make any money Wed. evening (everyone will get a scratch off ticket and win something, even if it's just a concession item). Whether or not the 8th spot has been locked up, I think the Pacers will play hard; if they do this, along with doing a little housecleaning in the off-season (e.g., moving Tinsley and maybe one or two others), then the fans will come back. Of course, it won't hurt to offer lower priced tickets next season. For some reason, I had thought that there were minimum prices set by league rules that teams could not dip under, but after this recent promo, I see this cannot be the case.

BillS
04-10-2008, 06:09 PM
For some reason, I had thought that there were minimum prices set by league rules that teams could not dip under, but after this recent promo, I see this cannot be the case.

Doesn't necessarily rule out flexibility for once-a-year promotions or even special dispensation for teams last in attendance.

TheSauceMaster
04-10-2008, 06:13 PM
This is a great idea by the Pacers. Looks like I'll be going to that game and taking my 3 daughters with me. :D The Wife didn't want to go. :dance:

Ownagedood
04-10-2008, 06:19 PM
I don't think they are testing. I think this could be an expensive test. I think they are doing this to try to win back the fans, as I don't think they will make any money Wed. evening (everyone will get a scratch off ticket and win something, even if it's just a concession item). Whether or not the 8th spot has been locked up, I think the Pacers will play hard; if they do this, along with doing a little housecleaning in the off-season (e.g., moving Tinsley and maybe one or two others), then the fans will come back. Of course, it won't hurt to offer lower priced tickets next season. For some reason, I had thought that there were minimum prices set by league rules that teams could not dip under, but after this recent promo, I see this cannot be the case.
Nah, it doesn't cost them anything.. No one was going to the games anyways.. The will probably end up making more money.. Because of concession and parking.

But ya, its probably to win the fans back.. I say its gonna work.. Im happy.:dance:

Shaggy
04-10-2008, 06:22 PM
I went ahead and splurged and bought a lower level ticket for $30. Sect 5, 7th row. So center court behind the benches. Can't complain. The Pacers play in the last couple of weeks has inspired me (sort of - cheap seats!) to see my first game of the year where I usually hit 5-10.

Ownagedood
04-10-2008, 06:27 PM
I went ahead and splurged and bought a lower level ticket for $30. Sect 5, 7th row. So center court behind the benches. Can't complain. The Pacers play in the last couple of weeks has inspired me (sort of - cheap seats!) to see my first game of the year where I usually hit 5-10.
Lol, it's nice to say splurged at $30 for great seats isn't it?? I went to 9 games last year.. Went to the home opener this year.. And haven't went back since.. Hmm, that's cool.. I was there during the first game and will be there for the last game.. How bout that..lol

P.S. They won that game in overtime against Washington.. Or at least I think it was Washington.. Anyways, hoping that means when I go again, they will win again.

rexnom
04-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Jesus christ, imagine if we could "sell out" this game.

duke dynamite
04-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Lol, it's nice to say splurged at $30 for great seats isn't it?? I went to 9 games last year.. Went to the home opener this year.. And haven't went back since.. Hmm, that's cool.. I was there during the first game and will be there for the last game.. How bout that..lol

P.S. They won that game in overtime against Washington.. Or at least I think it was Washington.. Anyways, hoping that means when I go again, they will win again.
It was WAS. LOL

Hicks
04-10-2008, 08:22 PM
My season ticket rep just did me a huge favor and reserved (if I wanted it, which of course I did) a $30 ticket for Section 20, Row 1A!

duke dynamite
04-10-2008, 08:30 PM
My season ticket rep just did me a huge favor and reserved (if I wanted it, which of course I did) a $30 ticket for Section 20, Row 1A!
Awesome. Cameron (my rep) was out to lunch and Heather set me up.

Ownagedood
04-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Jesus christ, imagine if we could "sell out" this game.
IDK, it should be close.. But either way, the house will be rockin'! Probably the most it has in 2 years. People are gonna be happy about the free/cheap tickets and will be cheering their butt off.. Or, at least I will.. And the three buddies I invited to come with me.

Can't wait to see what they say on ESPN about it.. If anything, those guys seem to hate us.. But they sure as hell should!! Last in attendance jumps up to being sold out or close..lol

Shade
04-10-2008, 10:36 PM
I just found a single ticket in section 20, row 30 for "free" (4.35 after fees) and decided to nab it for the hell of it. If I can't find others to go with me I'll just use that ticket on myself and give the other four away. I still only spent 11 bucks on all 5 tix.

On a side note, I'm surprised it let me purchase a 5th ticket under this promo.

Doddage
04-10-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm in the same section... so I might see you

PiratePrincess
04-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Sweet! Just grabbed four tix in the upper level for $6.60!

rexnom
04-11-2008, 12:39 AM
Proof that lowering ticket prices/winning/meaningful games WILL get people to come.

Speed
04-11-2008, 07:32 AM
I don't think they will make any money Wed. evening (everyone will get a scratch off ticket and win something, even if it's just a concession item). .

I wondered if they would make money, do they get a piece of parking and if they get people in there buying beer and what not vs not being there at all. I know they don't want to devalue the tickets. They still won't pack the place, nearly, would be my guess unless its for the playoffs. What about season ticket holders who just won't show up. I mean I don't know I'm just guessing.

joeyd
04-11-2008, 09:39 AM
I wondered if they would make money, do they get a piece of parking and if they get people in there buying beer and what not vs not being there at all. I know they don't want to devalue the tickets. They still won't pack the place, nearly, would be my guess unless its for the playoffs. What about season ticket holders who just won't show up. I mean I don't know I'm just guessing.

Hard to tell, but if there was money to make, even with the drastically reduced and free tickets, one would think that they might have tried this approach at mid-season rather than waiting until the last game.

BillS
04-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Fan Appreciation Day is an annual event as the last home game of the season. I suspect combining the promotions makes a lot of sense.

Naptown_Seth
04-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Normally 170. BTW don't be fooled by the 1 or A part, it's a 2nd row seat. I usually get a 1A on the other end, section 11. Now Gnome had that deluxe "feet on wood" seat at that end a couple of weeks ago. You need to schmooze more I guess. ;) :D

I think at that end the 1As sit a bit higher than the first row, which is the problem at the other end (front row on court, 1A on concrete). The other issue is the goal blocks some views and you might have the TV camera cable guy sharing space with you.

On the plus is you will be BLR, maybe be near Mr. Owns Club 6, might see a Hulk out up close (this is where we were for that DEN game), and might make the broadcast during FTs or if David Lee chases a ball out the baseline and into your lap.

BTW if a player lands on you during fan appreciation night you automatically become his agent and go home with 10% of his earnings. Or at least I plan to suggest that to TPTB. :)

Also I noticed that for some of these ticket deals lately that a local scalper had their inventory disappear, which suggests to me a trade-in deal with the Pacers. I think that's the norm at some point, that you can get a credit on a ticket return for this game perhaps?? Or maybe it was just offered this time around. I mean the seats people are buying are owned and are not normally available at TM, even at full price.

The point being is that it's more than just "not getting money" on these tix. My guess is that the Pacers have "spent" money in ticket credits/buybacks with season ticket holders.

But as said, why not. The place is ridiculously empty anyway and this serves two ends. You give a season holder a little something and you give the non-season holders a chance to enjoy a game they normally wouldn't attend (or better seats than they normally get). Truly fan appreciation. And this year of all years I'm sure they appreciate the fans they are getting.

pwee31
04-11-2008, 11:45 AM
I got lower level for me and my girl. section 6 row 15

Suaveness
04-11-2008, 02:02 PM
I'll be 5 rows behind you

NuffSaid
04-11-2008, 06:13 PM
This is one time I wish I still lived in Naptown. :( Free tickets is always a good thing regardless of who's playing. Oh, well. Atleast I can still count on my NBA-LP! Never miss a game that way. Yippy!!! Besides, I don't have to deal with those freeloaders like MagicRat. ;) (j/k)

QuickRelease
04-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Darn...looks like they're all gone.

PiratePrincess
04-12-2008, 01:59 AM
Proof that lowering ticket prices/winning/meaningful games WILL get people to come.

Unfortunately that is true, but in my case I was going to be there anyways. Just now I'll have company :)

Shade
04-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Darn...looks like they're all gone.

There are still some upper-level seats available.

Hicks
04-12-2008, 12:48 PM
My ticket came in the mail today, and I've been moved. I'm still row 1A, but I'll be over in Section 11. I wonder if seat 19 is towards the middle or towards one of the corners?

duke dynamite
04-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Mal, you are by heywoode and I.

Sollozzo
04-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Would anyone like to meet up at halftime during the game?

Naptown_Seth
04-14-2008, 11:27 AM
My ticket came in the mail today, and I've been moved. I'm still row 1A, but I'll be over in Section 11. I wonder if seat 19 is towards the middle or towards one of the corners?
Dude, that's exactly the seat I always get. It's right behind "sign guy Matt", about 3 seats from the goal/tunnel exit. The other side (opp bench) is press. You'll have Paetz doing a live report about 3 feet from you at some point.

Warning, Bowser/Boomer like to scare people in that area with the giant hands.

Again, that row sits a few inches lower than the row in front of it which kinda stinks. But otherwise it's killer.

Hicks
04-14-2008, 04:28 PM
Should I show up early to walk around? Do I have access to the Best Locker Room? Anything else I should know?

duke dynamite
04-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Should I show up early to walk around? Do I have access to the Best Locker Room? Anything else I should know?
Yes, you do have access to the BLR..

What my group is doing is coming in super early. We are going to get autographs beforehand, then after the game walk around courtside and try and get photos with the players like we did last season.

After than, we most likely will chill in the BLR. You are welcome to come along.

Shade
04-14-2008, 10:13 PM
I plan on showing up early to get a jersey or two (assuming there are still some on clearance).

Trader Joe
04-14-2008, 10:15 PM
I plan on showing up early to get a jersey or two (assuming there are still some on clearance).

You keep your filthy hands away from a Granger jersey! I will hunt you down if you buy one.

Shade
04-14-2008, 10:16 PM
You keep your filthy hands away from a Granger jersey! I will hunt you down if you buy one.

Buy me a Tinsley jersey and I'll consider it. :tongue:

Otherwise... :plot:

Trader Joe
04-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Buy me a Tinsley jersey and I'll consider it. :tongue:

Otherwise... :plot:

You better hope you can run fast...
:maniac::bond:

Shade
04-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Danny's jersey will give me super speed and the ability to leap moving cars. :devil:

heywoode
04-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Mal,

As DD stated, I will be with his group with a couple friends of my own in Section 11, Row 6. We are planning on being there at 530p when the doors open, even though Dukie is suggesting earlier because it may be crowded due to the ticket prices. One way or the other, my goals are these:

Get Bird's autograph. Bringing my own sharpie and will have my ticket handy. Apparently he only signs tickets now, and you have to have your own sharpie.

Check out BLR. I believe anyone below Row 7 has access to the tunnel area, but Dukie would know better than I. I plan on hanging around where the players are as much as possible to see if I can get autographs on the team poster that they are apparently giving away. Would be cool to get several players to sign the one poster...

I think there are going to be killer sales on merchandise, so I would like to get a few shirts and assorted stuff. Not sure how much crap I wanna carry around with me, since I'll already have the big camera with the big lens, a second lens in the pocket, and a smaller camera also...plus the free poster, a sharpie, my ticket that I don't want to destroy if Bird actually signs it...Looks like I could end up needing a pack mule!

Oh, one more thing: I guess we are all getting a scratch-off ticket upon entry and you could win cool stuff redeemable after the game? See DD for details on that one...

If I see you, I will definitely say hello. I would welcome you to do the same. Is it just you, or are sitting with the Gnome in the sweetseats?

Hicks
04-14-2008, 10:27 PM
It's just me.

Trader Joe
04-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Danny's jersey will give me super speed and the ability to leap moving cars. :devil:

Two words. Sniper rifle.

heywoode
04-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Well forget it then.

HEHE....Only kidding...

I'm sure there will be time to at least say hello, although I plan to be in awe of the access to cool areas that I am afforded with these good seats! I will be taking a ton of photos, and hopefully I don't get grief for bringing my camera with a lens attached and a second lens. They seem to be paying a little more attention to my camera at security again...As far as I know, the rules haven't changed...It was never a rule that if the lens comes apart from the camera, it isn't allowed although the goons at the checkpoints like to think that is the case, it seems. I'm a little nervous about it....

Maybe I'll just bring the big camera and lens, and the little handheld camera...

Shade
04-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Two words. Sniper rifle.

Two more words:

Invisible forcefield. ;)

Trader Joe
04-15-2008, 01:36 AM
I'll nuke your mothership...