PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Digest Forum Party - 07.12.08 5:00 PM

Pages : [1] 2

Jose Slaughter
04-10-2008, 09:23 AM
The next Pacers Digest Forum Party has been scheduled for

5:00, Saturday July 12th.

1642 South Olive Branch Parke Lane Greenwood

The shop is in a small strip mall on the northwest side of the intersection of 135 & South Olive Branch Park Lane.

Kegboy
04-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Hopefully we'll have something to talk about. What's the FA dates for this year?

bellisimo
04-10-2008, 10:16 AM
sadly i can't make it...but now i know what i shall have for dinner - pizza!

Jose Slaughter
04-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Hopefully we'll have something to talk about. What's the FA dates for this year?

The draft is June 26th

Free agents can start signing on July 9th.

Gyron
04-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Unfortunately I can't make it again. Damn 10 hour drive. I will make it up for another one sometime in the future however.

For anyone who hasn't been to one of these, go, they are a lot of fun. And you don't feel like an outsider your first time.

Its not like going into Btown's basement the first time.....

RWB
04-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Its not like going into Btown's basement the first time.....

Didn't it kind of creep you out though when Btown said "It rubs the lotion onto it's skin, it does this whenever it's told..." again and again? :eek:

btowncolt
04-10-2008, 11:06 AM
It's dark down here. Come play with me.

Jose Slaughter
04-10-2008, 11:21 AM
This thread took a dark turn rather quickly.

What kind of meat does Btowncolt like on his pizza exactly?

JayRedd
04-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Didn't it kind of creep you out though when Btown said "It rubs the lotion onto it's skin, it does this whenever it's told..." again and again? :eek:

I learned a fun new dance.

btowncolt
04-10-2008, 11:59 AM
I may try to schedule my summer trip home around that day. Then I can be all like, "Word" and Gyron can be all like, "Word" and then we can hug.

duke dynamite
04-10-2008, 12:25 PM
I was thinking about this the other day...

Gyron
04-10-2008, 12:31 PM
You were thinking about going into Btown's Basement? Wow, you have a sick mind.

As for the meat he likes on his pizza, he really enjoys the pepperoni, if you know what I mean.

We demand pictures this time from the forum party, and not of Nate's speedbag either.

BillS
04-10-2008, 12:45 PM
I'll be there. The pizza party in Nora, I mean. Not Btown's basement. In fact, I may avoid Monroe County altogether...

Robertmto
04-10-2008, 02:20 PM
I'll be there. Hopefully to brag about an EC Championship

Jose Slaughter
04-10-2008, 02:51 PM
I'll be there. Hopefully to brag about an EC Championship

Really, I thought you were a Wizards fan?

Robertmto
04-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Really, I thought you were a Wizards fan?

:shakefist:

grace
04-10-2008, 03:27 PM
We demand pictures this time from the forum party, and not of Nate's speedbag either.

More than 10 people have to show up for there be enough people to take pictures of.

Robertmto
04-10-2008, 03:40 PM
More than 10 people have to show up for there be enough people to take pictures of.

or just one speedbagger :shrug:

OnlyPacersLeft
04-10-2008, 06:15 PM
donatos pizza is the flippin best ever! I wish i could attend...

ABADays
04-10-2008, 10:16 PM
I may try to schedule my summer trip home around that day. Then I can be all like, "Word" and Gyron can be all like, "Word" and then we can hug.

OMG - his "summer trip". He's already beginning to sound like a lawyer. Us common folk don't label them.

PiratePrincess
04-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Nice! I'll have to pencil it in on my calendar.

The Toxic Avenger
04-13-2008, 03:35 PM
I will probably go If I can get a ride.

:hint: :hint:

Granted I will just be eating, drinking, counting and sleeping so don't expect any significant contributions from me.

Going To Donatos not the Btowns just in case there was any confusion.

Shade
04-14-2008, 10:36 PM
I intend to be there.

Trader Joe
04-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Everytime I say I'm going and then something comes up, so I am not committing right now, but I am saying I'm hoping I'll be able to go.

pizza guy
04-14-2008, 11:40 PM
Sometime, hoopsforlife and I will have to host it. I'm back in the pizza business. Hoops and Mrs. Hoops and me and pizza gal are the new owners of the Pizza King in Monticello, now known as Smitty's Pizza King.

Of course, it's an hour and a half or so north of Indy, so it doesn't work for some people, but maybe it would be better for others.

I know the guy who runs it, and could probably swing a good deal for us. ;)

As for this one, hopefully we can make it, and since I set my own schedule, we'll probably make it.

--pizza

Kegboy
04-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Sometime, hoopsforlife and I will have to host it. I'm back in the pizza business. Hoops and Mrs. Hoops and me and pizza gal are the new owners of the Pizza King in Monticello, now known as Smitty's Pizza King.

Of course, it's an hour and a half or so north of Indy, so it doesn't work for some people, but maybe it would be better for others.

I know the guy who runs it, and could probably swing a good deal for us. ;)

As for this one, hopefully we can make it, and since I set my own schedule, we'll probably make it.

--pizza

Yeah, but we could go to Indiana Beach. We'd have so much fun!

Trader Joe
04-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Kegboy still owes me a cookie from when I was a dark sider for a while...

grace
04-15-2008, 08:44 AM

Even if we went in December I'm sure we wouldn't freeze as bad as we did last summer at Donatos.

pizza guy
04-15-2008, 09:31 AM

You've obviously never been there.

:unimpress

Naptown_Seth
04-18-2008, 12:15 PM
If they draft Love then I'll be there.

If they draft Westbrook then I won't.*

*unless there's pizza

Pig Nash
04-28-2008, 12:27 AM
I'll try and make it.

Jose Slaughter
05-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Due to the high cost of gas I'd like to have the party in a location that will be the most convenient for the most people.

Pizza places seem to be the best eatery but, as always, I'm open to a different venue.

We'll take suggestions for awhile & try to narrow it down.

Thoughts?

Jose Slaughter
05-03-2008, 05:00 PM
FYI

We've had 112 different posters view this thread. Most of these will be getting a PM from me within the coming weeks.

Kegboy
05-03-2008, 09:25 PM
Well I'll throw out the new standard Donatos. It's a pretty darn good location and we've got that area off to ourselves. People who haven't been don't usually realize how important that is.

duke dynamite
05-04-2008, 12:55 AM
I'm thinking we could get the birthday room at the Chuck E. Cheese's on 31.

LOL

BillS
05-05-2008, 10:02 AM
I wonder if Mal or Able could hook in one of the "where are you located?" map tools to give us a better geographical idea of what would be central.

Or has that been done and I missed it? I get my forums mixed up...

Regarding the specific question, the only drawback to the Donatos is the lack of adult beverages. Given my current state of diet, that's probably a good thing since I'll be breaking it with pizza anyway, but might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb, as they say.

Hicks
05-05-2008, 11:27 AM
I think someone else (Shade?) made one at one time, but I've lost the link.

Hicks
05-05-2008, 11:27 AM
There's always the 6th floor of Gnome's house. That level has pretty good floor space. :D

duke dynamite
05-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Booze is good.

The Toxic Avenger
05-06-2008, 11:32 PM
If I go I'll probably be riding along with other posters, you know who you are, so location matters not and since none of us drink adult beverages I'll add that as long as there is ample private space, and most importantly great food I'm good.

Unclebuck
05-07-2008, 08:38 AM
I think Donatos in Nora works rather well

kester99
05-07-2008, 01:13 PM
I would like the party to be in a bar, with a smoking area, in or near Augusta, GA...

....or you could just take pictures and post them again this year.

duke dynamite
05-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Anywhere we go, no smoking please.

Shade
05-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Anywhere we go, no smoking please.

Cigarettes, pot, or crack?

grace
05-07-2008, 09:47 PM
I think Donatos in Nora works rather well

My north side bias agrees.

duke dynamite
05-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Cigarettes, pot, or crack?
All.

Anyway, I live a little ways away from Indy, but plan to make it, but I would love to have a little more of a central location for the event. Downtown or Plainfield maybe?

Trader Joe
05-08-2008, 02:32 PM
I guess I can set aside my crack addiction for one night.

PiratePrincess
05-08-2008, 11:33 PM
I live on the southside of Indy right near the highway, so I can get to just about anywhere in the Indianapolis area fairly easily.

t1hs0n
05-15-2008, 01:45 PM
I don't know if it sounds like a viable option or not, but my coffee/ice cream shop will be open by then.
It is in the Centergrove area of Greenwood. After 11p the doors could be locked and adult beverages could come out.

It would make a perfect after party location me thinks. I have a big plasma that could be used to review tape and wifi to lookup answers for contested questions. I have seating for around 30 inside and a nice patio outside with seating for 20ish if the weather is kind.

duke dynamite
05-17-2008, 02:07 AM
I don't know if it sounds like a viable option or not, but my coffee/ice cream shop will be open by then.
It is in the Centergrove area of Greenwood. After 11p the doors could be locked and adult beverages could come out.

It would make a perfect after party location me thinks. I have a big plasma that could be used to review tape and wifi to lookup answers for contested questions. I have seating for around 30 inside and a nice patio outside with seating for 20ish if the weather is kind.
Me likey.

Robertmto
05-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Northsiders are about to go crazy...

thunderbird1245
05-17-2008, 09:10 PM

I like this idea too alot, private, quiet, closer for me, and free ice cream!

My personal pick if I was the only one choosing would be the Damon's Restaurant, just off of Kentucky Avenue on Hwy 67 just off of 465. Of course, I love their food and don't like pizza that well, so that would suit me alot better eating wise.....which is a key thing for a has been athlete.

I'm going to strongly try to attend this no matter where its held, assuming my work doesnt get in the way too much.

Tbird

Hicks
05-17-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm open to the ice cream plan.

ABADays
05-17-2008, 10:42 PM
If you all end up at Donatos would you rename the private area the "ABADays Lounge" just so I could feel part of it :)

Robertmto
05-17-2008, 11:40 PM
Let's do the ice cream thing then

duke dynamite
05-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Ice cream is always a good selling-point.

Jose Slaughter
05-18-2008, 03:06 AM
I believe the ice cream place was suggested for after the party, around 11'ish.

I'm fine with that but I think the party should be held closer to the Center Grove / Greenwood area, so we would be closer to the ice cream place.

Are you guys up to doing a party in that area?

Hicks
05-18-2008, 12:09 PM
I'll go where the others want to go.... I think. :hmm:

Kegboy
05-18-2008, 04:23 PM
I'll go where the others want to go.... I think. :hmm:

Club Rio it is.

Roaming Gnome
05-18-2008, 06:06 PM
My only question is if this is after hours... Are we going to drive from Castleton to the south side for the after party. That is just a bad idea. So, if this Ice Cream place is going to be a serious option for the after party...We need to really look for a place on the south side for our party.

Shade
05-18-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm good with meeting pretty much anywhere. Since I'm currently in Pendleton, I'm not near anything anyway.

Jose Slaughter
05-18-2008, 08:00 PM
I just sent a PM to t1hs0n to find out which Donatos is closest to his location.

After I hear back from him I'll post a poll with several options.

t1hs0n
05-18-2008, 08:19 PM
There is a newer Donatos on us31 just a hop east of the shop. I believe there is another 3-4 miles north of that one on 31.

http://www.frostbot.com/manga/mapbean.JPG

Robertmto
05-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Can we go to Bouncertown? Please, please please!!!

duke dynamite
05-19-2008, 01:55 AM
I'm game for sticking around the south side.

Anyway, love the chicken scratches on the map. There should have been a backwards letter N somewhere in there, though.

Pig Nash
05-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Ice cream parlor ftw.

RWB
05-19-2008, 03:04 PM
My only question is if this is after hours... Are we going to drive from Castleton to the south side for the after party. That is just a bad idea. So, if this Ice Cream place is going to be a serious option for the after party...We need to really look for a place on the south side for our party.

Hey, wait a minute. You're in tight with the Ps, how about setting up Larry's ranch buddy? :devil:

duke dynamite
05-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Hey, wait a minute. You're in tight with the Ps, how about setting up Larry's ranch buddy? :devil:
Two parties at his ranch in one summer is too much for me.

BillS
05-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Wait. If we don't go to Perkins, how is Uncle Buck supposed to pay me my pie?

I smell CONSPIRACY!

Seriously, south side is as good for me as north side.

Jose Slaughter
05-27-2008, 11:46 PM
This list was taken from The Final vote for forum party location thread.

So far these are the posters that more than likely will attend.

If I missed you, please feel free to add your name to our list.

Thanks

aero
Bill S
duke dynamite
Eindar
Gamble1
Hicks
Hoops for Life
Indy
JohnnyBGoode
Jose Slaughter
Mrs. RWB
Ownagedood
Peck
Pig Nash
Pirate Princess
Roaming Gnome
Robertmto
RWB
Shade
Swingman
tora tora
USF
t1hs0n
Uncle Buck

Unclebuck
05-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Jose, I'll be there, I just didn't vote because I to be honest was tired of voting again. Either place is fine by me

Jose Slaughter
06-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Please note the start time has been changed to 5:00.

Eindar
06-02-2008, 06:37 AM
Victory! Suck it, Northsiders!

...erm, so, I'll be there :)

RWB
06-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Please note the start time has been changed to 5:00.

Jose put the Mrs. and I down as strong maybeez.

Naptown_Seth
06-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Wow, I was hoping we'd at least hold the party someplace in the United States. Florida called, it wants to know what the weather's like down there.

This from a downtowner. The outrage from the north I can only imagine.

I'm coming, but only because I like you people...for now.

Jose Slaughter
06-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Victory! Suck it, Northsiders!

...erm, so, I'll be there :)

Could you give it a rest. The only one that has a problem attending in a different part of the city here is you.

Hicks
06-02-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm tired of the complaining from all sides, myself. Go, don't go, just stop whining. We're sincerely happy to have you, and you will probably enjoy yourself, but good grief. :soapbox:

Since86
06-02-2008, 02:37 PM
I don't understand the complaining. I've been to one, and I drove from Muncie. I talked to Believe in Blue, where has he been?, and he was even farther north.

I know Brichard was there, and I think he came from Ft. Wayne, maybe? Either way, there were quite a few from outside of the city. If we can drive over an hour each way driving from the northside to the south side seems so....petty IMHO.

EDIT: I forgot to even add Hicks to the list.

Gyron
06-02-2008, 02:46 PM
I came from North carolina.......

Jose Slaughter
06-02-2008, 03:20 PM
RWB & the Mrs. attend almost every party & they drive in from Terre Haute. Granted, I would use any excuse to get out of Terre Haute too, but still.......

BillS
06-03-2008, 10:59 AM
RWB & the Mrs. attend almost every party & they drive in from Terre Haute. Granted, I would use any excuse to get out of Terre Haute too, but still.......

It's even better when you realize that refugees from Terre Haute are only allowed a certain number of crossings at the Vigo/Clay county border before being turned back. It's an honor that they use one of theirs on us.

RWB
06-03-2008, 02:47 PM
What the he!! is wrong with you people? I live 9 miles north of Terre Haute. :p

Plus I normally use 36 to get to the games. Dear Lord Bill, how many stoplights are needed in Avon to control the masses? I bet Gnome over in Plainfield calls your area the unwanted step child. :devil:

BillS
06-03-2008, 02:51 PM

That's well inside the blast zone.

Unclebuck
06-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Sorry, BillS - I guess I won't be buying you any pie.

grace
06-03-2008, 03:39 PM

Is that up wind or down wind?

BillS
06-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Sorry, BillS - I guess I won't be buying you any pie.

Is there any truth to the rumor that t1hs0n is actually Unclebuck? :zip:

On a serious note, can we get more details regarding the location? Specifically:

1) What's the actual name of the place (it may be buried in the thread but some people may not be willing to look for it)

2) What is being "donated" and what are we still contributing toward?

3) Is it BYOB for the after-hours adult beverages, and (assuming so) is there a place where t1hs0n can legally store them during the time the place is open and not allowed to "serve"?

Looking forward to seeing folks there!

BillS
06-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Is that up wind or down wind?

Around Terre Haute, there is no upwind.

t1hs0n
06-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Is there any truth to the rumor that t1hs0n is actually Unclebuck? :zip:

On a serious note, can we get more details regarding the location? Specifically:

1) What's the actual name of the place (it may be buried in the thread but some people may not be willing to look for it)

2) What is being "donated" and what are we still contributing toward?

3) Is it BYOB for the after-hours adult beverages, and (assuming so) is there a place where t1hs0n can legally store them during the time the place is open and not allowed to "serve"?

Looking forward to seeing folks there!

1- The coffee shop is named Hula Bean, the shop next door is called Entree Vous.

B- The kids all seem to want pizza, I am assuming that a collection will be taken then an order placed to be picked up/delivered. I can supply forks, plates, paper products, and possibly soft drinks if they install my soda fountain by then.
On the coffee/ice cream side I will cover the ice cream, but the coffee/smoothies/shakes are quite pricey and I will only be able to offer them at a discount.

Thirdly- Yes it will be BYOB as I do not have a license to purvey adult beverages at either location. I do, however, have a very large walk-in cooler that can house said beverages.

On a side note, no, I am not in any way affiliated with Mr. UncleBuck. I am just a long time pacer fan and for the most part a lurker on this board. I am happy to be giving something back to the community here.

Also, if someone would like to bring tapes/dvds of games or highlights a dvd player or vrc can be hooked up to the plasma for extra entertainment. Though as of right now I do not have either hooked up so the machines would need to be brought along as well.

-chris
ps: would it be better for everyone if I had my name on the board changed to something less confusing?

Robertmto
06-03-2008, 10:25 PM
thanks again for everythign ur doing for the party T1H blah blah :p

What kinda coffee do you serve??

Jose Slaughter
06-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Thanks T1

I was watching election coverage tonight.

As far as your name goes, keep it, its very unique.

Pig Nash
06-04-2008, 12:28 AM
How do you pronounce it? I always just say "this one" in my head.

Hicks
06-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Isn't it pronounced "tighson"?

Jose Slaughter
06-04-2008, 09:46 AM
I think he's the son of Tone H

T one h s0n

T 1 h son

btowncolt
06-04-2008, 09:48 AM
I would just say "Papa Ice Cream" to make it easy.

Shade
06-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Isn't it pronounced "tighson"?

That's what I was thinking. Like Tyson. :shrug:

t1hs0n
06-04-2008, 02:41 PM
thanks again for everythign ur doing for the party T1H blah blah :p

What kinda coffee do you serve??

You can check out some of the products on www.hulabean.com

This is what we serve as the standard cup of Kona at the shop.
http://hulabean.com/main.jsp?p2=shopping/product.jsp&product_id=172

t1hs0n
06-04-2008, 02:58 PM
"How do you pronounce it? I always just say "this one" in my head."
"Isn't it pronounced "tighson"?"
"I think he's the son of Tone H"
"I would just say "Papa Ice Cream" to make it easy."
"That's what I was thinking. Like Tyson."

Man, you guys are cracking me up with this.

Actually I saw it on a license plate of a Ferrari 355 when I was around 14 and starting to use the internet. I used it as my first AOL screen name, it has been my nic for message boards since 98 or so.
I would agree it reads as tyson... and I have told people that in the past.

Really you are supposed to read it backwards. :)

(the son of tone h... hahahahahaha)

Pig Nash
06-04-2008, 05:50 PM
OH!!!

Shade
06-04-2008, 06:51 PM
:laugh:

BillS
06-05-2008, 09:18 AM
On a side note, no, I am not in any way affiliated with Mr. UncleBuck. I am just a long time pacer fan and for the most part a lurker on this board. I am happy to be giving something back to the community here.

I was just messing with UB since his owing me pie coincided with your offer of pie-purchase-free space. :evillaugh

Naptown_Seth
06-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Wow, look at all the posters that got OFFENDED by the location complaining.
Just saying, keep it in mind for next year's awards...

The thing I was wondering is how much do you charge for Derby parking there, is that like $20 close or more like a $5 lot. ;)

duke dynamite
06-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Thanks to Hicks.

PiratePrincess
06-05-2008, 11:46 PM
Personally I didn't care where it was located. But a HUGE thanks to our host!

317Kim
06-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Interested :)

Robertmto
06-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Interested :)

don't play with our emotions

Jose Slaughter
06-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Robert

Could you please delete that post before I get in trouble

Robertmto
06-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Robert

Could you please delete that post before I get in trouble

wait seriously? or am i missing a joke?

Jose Slaughter
06-24-2008, 01:30 AM
wait seriously? or am i missing a joke?

It was just a poor attempt at humor but I think I'm past it now.

Jose Slaughter
06-24-2008, 02:18 AM
The posters that plan on having so much fun they won't be able to stand it list!
aero
Bill S
duke dynamite
Eindar
Gamble1
Hicks
Hoops for Life
Indy
JohnnyBGoode
Jose Slaughter
Mrs. RWB
Naptown Menace
obnoxiousmodesty
Ownagedood
Peck
Pig Nash
Pirate Princess
Roaming Gnome
Robertmto
RWB
Shade
Swingman
t1hs0n
thunderbird1245
tora tora
USF
Uncle Buck

The I'll try to make it if I absolutly have nothing else to do list
Boom Baby 33
Doug
Grace
Infinite Man Force
Kegboy
Pacer Fan 46
Pacers Girl
Peskoe97
Twes
USF

The Maybe next time, maybe not next time list
AB1077
Count 55
Displaced Knick
heywoode
Intridcold
Irk Woodsman
Jonathan
Justin Tyme
Lord Helmet
Magic Rat
Stigmata
sweabs
travmil
Wyatt

The I live too far away so please stop with all the PM's already!, list
bnd 45
JO4MVP2006
rommie

The waiting ever-so-patiently to hear back from list
Bball
Dr. Goldfoot
Elgin 56
Himikey
Holmes
Indianapolis girly
Juadam 09
Kemo
Mboyle1313
Midwst Hoops
Miller Time
Only Pacer Left
Pacer Guy
Pianoman
Putman
rm 1369
Shags
Since 86
Skaut Ech
Soup is Good
Spicoli
The Doddage
The Sauce Master
The Toxic Avenger

As of now we have 26 posters interested in attending.

Plus I looked at the list that have viewed this thread & sent out 64 PM's. I hope we have a really nice turnout on the 12th. Thanks again to the son of Tone H for his help in this.

EDIT: 6-24

I did the list thing because I'm losing track of who I may have ask & who I may not have ask. I hope you don't mind the wacky titles. Everyone that has responded has been more than nice about it, I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, just having a little fun.

If you find your name on a list & you wish to change it to a different list.... no problem, just let me know.

If you find your name on a list & you would like it purged for now & for all time.... no problem there too, again, just let me know.

Finally, anyone & everyone that reads, or has the forum read to them, is invited to attend. There's always the chance I missed a couple here & there along the way. So, this is the general invite for one & all.

Speaking of General Invite, wasn't he killed in the Spanish American Civil war of 1812, or something?

Anyone?

obnoxiousmodesty
06-24-2008, 08:47 AM
I'm planning on being there.

Jose Slaughter
06-24-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm planning on being there.

Will Mrs. Obnoxiousmodesty be joining us as well?

RWB
06-24-2008, 10:19 AM

Hopefully as Mrs RWB needs backup.

Jose Slaughter
06-24-2008, 10:24 AM
I think Pirate Princess can make it.

I'm hoping Pacer Girl, Grace, Indianapolis Girly & her mom are able to show up too.

RWB
06-24-2008, 10:34 AM
I think Pirate Princess can make it.

I'm hoping Pacer Girl, Grace, Indianapolis Girly & her mom are able to show up too.

Whoa, just looked at your list Jose and Grace and Keg are listed in the maybe column. :-o

Let's see, we've had earthquakes, freak storms, and now G/K are maybes for the forum party. So the end is near after all. :eek:

Hicks
06-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Wow, this is looking like it might be our largest gathering in, what, 3 years?

Kegboy
06-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Whoa, just looked at your list Jose and Grace and Keg are listed in the maybe column. :-o

Let's see, we've had earthquakes, freak storms, and now G/K are maybes for the forum party. So the end is near after all. :eek:

We're waiting to make sure Greenwood isn't under water before we commit.

Jose Slaughter
06-24-2008, 11:27 AM
I heard something about "hell & high water".... that musta been it.

obnoxiousmodesty
06-24-2008, 11:54 AM
I don't believe chances are good she'll attend, but I wouldn't completely rule it out. Give it like a 10% probability.

Gyron
06-24-2008, 12:30 PM
I'd bet she'd be there if they held a seperate DSP portion of the party......

PiratePrincess
06-24-2008, 12:55 PM
I'll be there! Luckily I was not affected by the flooding. (And I might be bringing one along as well if that's alright. They'd fall into that "has had the forum read to them" category).

Gyron
06-24-2008, 12:59 PM
All are welcome.

Bring several if you like:)

Trader Joe
06-24-2008, 01:30 PM
I plan on not being able to stand.

Robertmto
06-24-2008, 02:09 PM
I plan on not being able to stand.

Yea Jose gets on my nerves too :devil:

Since86
06-24-2008, 02:24 PM
It some money snags here recently, I am just a poor college student, so it's a wait and see approach right now. When gas is so high and for some odd reason you decide to buy a 4x4, or should I say $x$, truck it hurts the wallet a bit.

ABADays
06-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Holy Cow! It's been a while since I've visited this thread. This is a huge group of people.

t1hs0n
06-24-2008, 10:56 PM
Wow... boys and girls. (dudes and dudettes)
As the numbers start to flesh out, I thought I would chime in.

If we really see 26+ seating might start to be an issue during the pizza phase of the party. Whilst there is plenty of room in the Entree Vous, I would probably need to acquire some folding chairs so everyone would have a seat during the intelligent intercourse (er... discourse).

Also, the Coke rep has yet to install our fountain drink machine. So as of this posting bottled drinks will have to be brought in along with the pizzas, though I can supply plenty of fridge space and ice.

The coffee shop (Hula Bean) is officially set to open June 28th, so fell free to stop by and check it out if you live on the south side.

I think that is all for now.

-chris

Robertmto
06-24-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm not expecting the full 26. Prolly more around 18-20

Pig Nash
06-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I'll probably just be there for the late night portion of this.

Shade
06-25-2008, 02:05 PM
This is what happen when you say "ice cream."

Just imagine the turnout if you had said "kool-aid" or "milk." :devil:

Trader Joe
06-25-2008, 02:12 PM
*whispers* I want some of that purple stuff */whispers*

BillS
06-25-2008, 02:16 PM
This is what happen when you say "ice cream."

Just imagine the turnout if you had said "kool-aid" or "milk." :devil:

I thought we weren't drinking the kool-aid this year?

Pig Nash
06-25-2008, 06:24 PM
well you'd get the KoolAid Drinkers AND the Milk Drinkers. Which is what everyone wants right?

indygeezer
06-28-2008, 08:08 AM
I just read this thread for the first time.

I need more info regarding this ice cream shop since my office is on 135 just north of the county line.........

mmmmmmmmm ice cream is a gooood thing. (they even have it in purple).

t1hs0n
06-28-2008, 12:51 PM
I just read this thread for the first time.

I need more info regarding this ice cream shop since my office is on 135 just north of the county line.........

mmmmmmmmm ice cream is a gooood thing. (they even have it in purple).

We are one stoplight south of the super target on 135. (olive branch road)

Jose Slaughter
06-29-2008, 01:31 AM
Updated list as of the witching hour on 7-2
As of now we have 30 posters interested in attending.

The posters that plan on having so much fun they won't be able to stand it list!
aero
Bill S
duke dynamite
Eindar
Gamble1
Guest #1
Hicks
Hoops for Life
Indy
JohnnyBGoode
Jose Slaughter
Mrs. RWB
Naptown Menace
Naturally Stoned
obnoxiousmodesty
Ownagedood
Peck
Pig Nash
Pirate Princess
Roaming Gnome
Robertmto
RWB
Shade
Swingman
t1hs0n
The Toxic Avenger
thunderbird1245
tora tora
USF
Uncle Buck

Boom Baby 33
Brichard
Bridge
Doug
Grace
Infinite Man Force
Kegboy
Kemo
Pacer Fan 46
Pacers Girl
Peskoe97
Twes
USF

Bball
AB1077
Count 55
Displaced Knick
heywoode
Intridcold
Irk Woodsman
Jonathan
Justin Tyme
Lord Helmet
Magic Rat
rm 1369
Skaut Ech
Stigmata
sweabs
travmil
Wyatt

bnd 45
JO4MVP2006
Juadam 09
rommie

Dr. Goldfoot
Elgin 56
Himikey
Holmes
Indianapolis girly
Mboyle1313
Midwst Hoops
Miller Time
Only Pacer Left
Pacer Guy
Pianoman
Putman
Shags
Since 86
Soup is Good
Spicoli
The Doddage
The Sauce Master

I did the list thing because I'm losing track of who I may have ask & who I may not have ask. I hope you don't mind the wacky titles. Everyone that has responded has been more than nice about it, I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, just having a little fun.

If you find your name on a list & you wish to change it to a different list.... no problem, just let me know.

If you find your name on a list & you would like it purged for now & for all time.... no problem there too, again, just let me know.

Finally, anyone & everyone that reads, or has the forum read to them, is invited to attend. There's always the chance I missed a couple here & there along the way. So, this is the general invite for one & all.

Natston
06-29-2008, 01:40 AM
I should be able to make it... :)

Hicks
06-29-2008, 01:42 AM
:onozomg:

Shade
06-29-2008, 01:05 PM
I wonder, is there a Burlington Coat Factory nearby? If so, I may have to request a moratorium on talk of "The Trade." :censored:

Trader Joe
06-29-2008, 01:59 PM
I don't think we should be talk about the trade anyways. Whatever can be said on either side has been said...several times.

Natston
06-29-2008, 02:11 PM
I don't think we should be talk about the trade anyways. Whatever can be said on either side has been said...several times.

If it's the usual eight hour party, then we will talk about the trade in every way imaginable.

Shade
06-29-2008, 02:17 PM
If it's the usual eight hour party, then we will talk about the trade in every way imaginable.

Translation: Everyone will gang up on me and try to talk me off the ledge while I bang my head into the table repeatedly.

Natston
06-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Translation: Everyone will gang up on me and try to talk me off the ledge while I bang my head into the table repeatedly.

Well it'll be like it was with Tim, where eventually you'll run out, hop in your car, and almost hit a Burlington coat Factory that came out of nowhere.

ABADays
06-29-2008, 05:44 PM
aero
Bill S
duke dynamite
Eindar
Gamble1
Hicks
Hoops for Life
Indy
JohnnyBGoode
Jose Slaughter
Mrs. RWB
Naptown Menace
Naturally Stoned
obnoxiousmodesty
Ownagedood
Peck
Pig Nash
Pirate Princess
Roaming Gnome
Robertmto
RWB
Shade
Swingman
t1hs0n
The Toxic Avenger
thunderbird1245
tora tora
USF
Uncle Buck

Boom Baby 33
Bridge
Doug
Grace
Infinite Man Force
Kegboy
Kemo
Pacer Fan 46
Pacers Girl
Peskoe97
Twes
USF

Bball
AB1077
Count 55
Displaced Knick
heywoode
Intridcold
Irk Woodsman
Jonathan
Justin Tyme
Lord Helmet
Magic Rat
rm 1369
Skaut Ech
Stigmata
sweabs
travmil
Wyatt

bnd 45
JO4MVP2006
rommie

Dr. Goldfoot
Elgin 56
Himikey
Holmes
Indianapolis girly
Juadam 09
Mboyle1313
Midwst Hoops
Miller Time
Only Pacer Left
Pacer Guy
Pianoman
Putman
Shags
Since 86
Soup is Good
Spicoli
The Doddage
The Sauce Master

Wow - was I ever confused. Since my name wasn't in any of the categories I thought this was the post season award nominations. :p

Shade
06-29-2008, 05:53 PM
:rimshot:

I'm working early to secure votes for Darksider of the Year. A couple more trades and I should be all set. :vaderno:

Jose Slaughter
06-29-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm hoping by the 12th there should be word on Tinsley, or another deal that will even out our roster a bit.

The smoke around the league will at least have settle a little to reveal what options we might have.

juadam09
06-30-2008, 03:40 PM
I currently reside in FL/DC, so there is no way I could make one of these.

Thank for for the invite though

duke dynamite
06-30-2008, 05:27 PM
I confirmed everything, I will be there plus one guest.

Shade
07-01-2008, 10:03 PM
I am so stoked for this.

Despite the trade.

duke dynamite
07-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Me too, minus the trade.

Pacers
07-02-2008, 01:14 PM
I was so stoked to hear that this thing was taking place around the corner from my house until I realized I will be at work.

Bummer.

Swingman
07-02-2008, 07:53 PM
I just realized I won't be able to make the party. I was so looking forward to it. I'm moving my stuff from Bloomington into my new apartment in Anderson that day.

duke dynamite
07-02-2008, 09:36 PM
I just realized I won't be able to make the party. I was so looking forward to it. I'm moving my stuff from Bloomington into my new apartment in Anderson that day.
Shame!!!

BillS
07-02-2008, 10:25 PM

It's like smack in between, you have no excuse.

Shade
07-03-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm actually going to be moving on the 10th, but should be done well before the party. :)

duke dynamite
07-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Almost 1 week!!!

Pig Nash
07-03-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm actually going to be moving on the 10th, but should be done well before the party. :)

That's odd, I am also moving on that day.

Shade
07-03-2008, 03:08 PM
That's odd, I am also moving on that day.

That's crazy. What are the odds?!

Pig Nash
07-03-2008, 03:09 PM
I don't know, but very slim I assume.

Shade
07-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Next thing you know, we'll be living in the same neighborhood or something. :shrug:

duke dynamite
07-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Three's Company all over again...

Shade
07-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Who's Mr. Furley?

duke dynamite
07-03-2008, 06:39 PM
IndyGeezer?

Shade
07-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Touche. :laugh:

duke dynamite
07-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Ha ha, so who's bringing the six-pack? Or are we not allowed booze?

duke dynamite
07-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Shade, Robertmo, and I will be riding up to the forum party in style.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c276/tlaurenzana/williams_wagon.jpg

Shade
07-03-2008, 08:53 PM

Niiiiice. :pimp:

duke dynamite
07-03-2008, 08:57 PM
I just whipped that up in no time.

t1hs0n
07-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Ha ha, so who's bringing the six-pack? Or are we not allowed booze?

Yes, to booze.

duke dynamite
07-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Yes, to booze.
Oh thank you thank you thank you.

Shade
07-03-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm not a big fan of beer, so hopefully there will be a variety. *hint hint* ;)

duke dynamite
07-03-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm not a big fan of beer, so hopefully there will be a variety. *hint hint* ;)
You may have to bring it. From what I understand it's BYOB, or BYOB (Booze).

What do you like, Shade?

Shade
07-03-2008, 10:18 PM
You may have to bring it. From what I understand it's BYOB, or BYOB (Booze).

What do you like, Shade?

I don't know, really. I don't drink much. :shrug:

Robertmto
07-03-2008, 10:32 PM

I call the backseat!!!!!!

Shade
07-03-2008, 10:39 PM
I call the backseat!!!!!!

I got shotgun.

Literally.

I mean, this is the Shawne Williams bus, is it not? :devil:

Robertmto
07-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Shawne Williams = Jason Williams?

Jose Slaughter
07-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Just to be clear

This will most likely be a "bring your own drink" & we'll all chip in on the pizza deal.

There is still a chance that there could be a soda fountain machine with the standard Coke options.

If you prefer anything other than the Coke line of soft drinks you will need to bring your own.

You can also bring beer or wine but there will be some minor restrictions on the adult beverages.

I'll be sending out PM's early next week, to all the might attend. This will just be a general reminder of the event, with some further info & details.

Have a fun 4th.

Shade
07-04-2008, 12:40 PM

http://photos-683.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v133/206/11/502092683/n502092683_124543_7657.jpg

t1hs0n
07-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Since you guys were talking about riding up in style I just thought I would post what came to visit the shop a few days ago.

http://www.frostbot.com/manga/SSPX0157.jpg

http://www.frostbot.com/manga/SSPX0158.jpg

Kegboy
07-05-2008, 11:46 PM
Did you key them for taking up two parking places?

Jose Slaughter
07-06-2008, 12:30 AM
I kind of think its his car.

Jose Slaughter
07-06-2008, 12:34 AM
Updated list as of 7-5

The posters that plan on having so much fun they won't be able to stand it list! 29
aero
Bill S
duke dynamite
Eindar
Gamble1
Guest #1
Hicks
Hoops for Life
Indy
JohnnyBGoode
Jose Slaughter
Mrs. RWB
Naptown Menace
Naturally Stoned
obnoxiousmodesty
Ownagedood
Peck
Pig Nash
Pirate Princess
Roaming Gnome
Robertmto
RWB
Shade
t1hs0n
The Toxic Avenger
thunderbird1245
tora tora
USF
Uncle Buck

Boom Baby 33
Brichard
Bridge
Doug
Grace
Infinite Man Force
Kegboy
Kemo
Pacer Fan 46
Pacers Girl
Peskoe97
Twes
USF

Bball
AB1077
Count 55
Displaced Knick
heywoode
Indy Geezer
Intridcold
Irk Woodsman
Jonathan
Justin Tyme
Lord Helmet
Magic Rat
rm 1369
Skaut Ech
Stigmata
sweabs
Swingman
travmil
Wyatt

bnd 45
btowncolt
JO4MVP2006
Juadam 09
rommie
Shags

Dr. Goldfoot
Elgin 56
Himikey
Holmes
Indianapolis girly
Mboyle1313
Midwst Hoops
Miller Time
Only Pacer Left
Pacer Guy
Pianoman
Putman
Since 86
Soup is Good
Spicoli
The Doddage
The Sauce Master

Trader Joe
07-06-2008, 01:21 AM

He drives a lambo in the rain? I hope not.

Robertmto
07-06-2008, 06:54 AM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiice

t1hs0n
07-06-2008, 10:53 AM

Haha.... No.

Hicks
07-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Can we get directions to the location off of I-65? I thought I saw it in Google Maps, but I'm not sure if it gave me the right spot. I think if that can get edited into the first post that would be helpful. Thanks!

t1hs0n
07-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Can we get directions to the location off of I-65? I thought I saw it in Google Maps, but I'm not sure if it gave me the right spot. I think if that can get edited into the first post that would be helpful. Thanks!

I would say the most direct route from I65 to the Center Grove area would be to take County line rd.

County line rd is exit 101 on I65 south. You then take County line West. This will lead you right past the Greenwood park mall and across US31. SR135 is the next major road west of 31 and what you need to take south.
We are located at the stop light just north of Royal oak country club if that helps you for mapping purposes. http://www.royaloakcc.net/

Here is a quick and dirty route mock up.
http://www.frostbot.com/manga/mapfrom65.gif

indygeezer
07-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Here it is just a couple of miles south of my office and I can't be there (not that I was included in ANY of the lists). Our night to host card club and the 13th is a celbration for my mother's 85th b-day and family from all over the US will be there.

Trader Joe
07-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Can someone post the address to the shop so I can mapquest it?

Nevermind, I can use the route mockup t1hs0n just posted.

Jose Slaughter
07-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Can someone post the address to the shop so I can mapquest it?

Nevermind, I can use the route mockup t1hs0n just posted.

Its also in the 1st post in this thread.

I will also be sending out a PM on Monday or Tuesday with as much info as I can think of.

juadam09
07-06-2008, 03:26 PM
With all the money this site makes maybe we can set up a teleconference so all of us out of towner's (or out of country folks) can be a part of it.

j/k.

Enjoy the forum party everyone

Jose Slaughter
07-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Here it is just a couple of miles south of my office and I can't be there (not that I was included in ANY of the lists). Our night to host card club and the 13th is a celbration for my mother's 85th b-day and family from all over the US will be there.

Every so often I do something incredibly stupid. Leaving you off an invite list is my Homer Simpson move of the month!

I'm sure you're not the only one too.

Sorry Geez

Happy Birthday to your mom as well.

btowncolt
07-06-2008, 05:15 PM
What's a guy gotta do to get on the next time list? Only reason I can't go is because of the location move...

Shade
07-06-2008, 05:56 PM
What's a guy gotta do to get on the next time list? Only reason I can't go is because of the location move...

You've been out of the freakin' state, and you're complaining about driving to the south side? :hmm:

You know you want to come. There will be Gamecube... :eyebrow:

btowncolt
07-06-2008, 06:49 PM
I'll take my magical non-existent Indiana car and drive down there!

I can get a ride to the previous location, but not the new one.

Not complaining, you guys got a sweet deal it looks like. I just want to see my name on a list.

Shade
07-06-2008, 06:57 PM
I'll take my magical non-existent Indiana car and drive down there!

I can get a ride to the previous location, but not the new one.

Not complaining, you guys got a sweet deal it looks like. I just want to see my name on a list.

No car = no excuse:

(4:31 mark)

NSFW!

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MAusVsCMn8A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Jose Slaughter
07-06-2008, 07:40 PM
I just want to see my name on a list.

done

duke dynamite
07-06-2008, 10:57 PM
I would say the most direct route from I65 to the Center Grove area would be to take County line rd.

County line rd is exit 101 on I65 south. You then take County line West. This will lead you right past the Greenwood park mall and across US31. SR135 is the next major road west of 31 and what you need to take south.
We are located at the stop light just north of Royal oak country club if that helps you for mapping purposes. http://www.royaloakcc.net/

Here is a quick and dirty route mock up.
http://www.frostbot.com/manga/mapfrom65.gif

My dad lives by there.

Shade
07-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Does anyone happen to know the approximate distance from the convention center? I'm just wondering how much time I should allow myself to get there.

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 02:17 AM
Does anyone happen to know the approximate distance from the convention center? I'm just wondering how much time I should allow myself to get there.
Took us about 30 minutes to get from Circle Centre to get to Greenwood yesterday.

t1hs0n
07-07-2008, 02:14 PM

I would say the half hour estimate is probably correct depending on traffic. Your best bet would be to just jump on West St. West feeds into Meridian/135 and is actually a straight shot south to Center Grove. It might not be as fast as jumping on 65, but you avoid the nasty traffic that surrounds the greenwood mall on a Saturday afternoon.

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 03:36 PM
65 sucks going South in the afternoons.

I would just go south on Pennsylvania St. It will take you to 31 in no time.

Jose Slaughter
07-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Even on a Saturday?

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 06:05 PM
I hate taking that highway anytime.

Other than the run-down neighborhood around where Crossroads Jeep used to be, it's actually a pleasant drive.

Also, how late do we plan on staying? I don't mind staying out late at all, I'm just curious. I'm also sure that has been addressed, but I really don't like sifting through a hundred posts or so.

thanks!

Jose Slaughter
07-07-2008, 06:33 PM
We've never discussed how late we'll stay.

I'm sure Chris will want to lock up the Hula Bean sooner or later but I couldn't say when.

In the past we've pulled anchor & headed to Perkins, since they're open 24 hours thats never been a problem.

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 06:41 PM
We've never discussed how late we'll stay.

I'm sure Chris will want to lock up the Hula Bean sooner or later but I couldn't say when.

In the past we've pulled anchor & headed to Perkins, since they're open 24 hours thats never been a problem.

That sounds good. I've never been to Perkins. What all goes on there?

Hicks
07-07-2008, 07:17 PM
I hadn't thought about "Late Night" this time around. Is there a Perkins close by? If not, do we have a plan B?

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 07:23 PM
My dad's house is a great place for a party. LOL j/k

Umm, there aren't any Perkins Restaraunts south of Castleton.

What about Denny's? LOL

t1hs0n
07-07-2008, 08:02 PM
I hate taking that highway anytime.

Other than the run-down neighborhood around where Crossroads Jeep used to be, it's actually a pleasant drive.

Also, how late do we plan on staying? I don't mind staying out late at all, I'm just curious. I'm also sure that has been addressed, but I really don't like sifting through a hundred posts or so.

thanks!

Is 9am late enough for you?

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Is 9am late enough for you?
9 am Sunday? Well if that is the case it better be a good party.

Robertmto
07-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Any nearby basketball courts? We DO need that forum game...

Shade
07-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Any nearby basketball courts? We DO need that forum game...

:iagree:

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 10:38 PM
I wouldn't mind playing some pickup games.

Shade
07-07-2008, 10:40 PM
I wouldn't mind playing some pickup games.

I'm still on probation from the last time I played a pickup game:

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l291/n1riw/n1riw2/fa102607a.jpg

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 10:42 PM
You can be a cheerleader then.

Shade
07-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Kegboy's already got it covered:

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emagic_rat/kbgoldengirl2.jpg

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Ha.

Okay, Shade and I have decided it would be a great idea for me to bring my DLP projector.

I will be bringing the Pacers Greatest Games DVD Set.

http://di1.shopping.com/images/pi/ab/6f/31/48160592-177x150-0-0.jpg

I have my own canvas that we can hang up if no plain-white walls are availiable.

For later in the evening I will bring a few movies (no, not the kind that JayRedd likes) for our enjoyment.

Let me know if this can be done.

Thanks!

Shade
07-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Now I can finally prove how effective Travis Best was at the 3 spot.

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Not sure if any of those DVDs really show how well Tbest was at the three.

From Amazon.com (too much to type, just copied this:)

Product Description
You asked for it and you got it - four of the greatest NBA games in Indiana Pacers franchise history as voted online by you the fans. Go back in time with all your favorite Pacers - from Rik Smits to Reggie Miller to Mark Jackson to Dale Davis. Relive No. 31's phenomenal 25-point fourth quarter against the Knicks in '94 the amazing eight points in 8.9 seconds against the Knicks the classic 1998 playoff battle with Chicago and the Pacers' first ever Eastern Conference championship victory.Running Time: 480 min.Format: DVD MOVIE Genre: SPORTS/GAMES UPC: 085391123514 Manufacturer No: 112351

Shade
07-07-2008, 11:17 PM
You just can't see him because he's so small.

But he's there. Oh yes, he is there.

duke dynamite
07-07-2008, 11:21 PM
Yep.

Jose Slaughter
07-08-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm just posting the names of those that have said they would like to attend.

Eveyone that reads the forum is invited

Just because your name is not listed below doesn't mean you can not show up, we like last minute surprises!

aero
Bill S
Diamond Dave
duke dynamite
Eindar
Gamble1
Hicks
Hoops for Life
JohnnyBGoode
Jose Slaughter
Mrs. RWB
NaptownSeth
Naturally Stoned
obnoxiousmodesty
Ownagedood
Peck
Pig Nash
Pirate Princess
Pizza Guy
Roaming Gnome
Robertmto
RWB
Shade
t1hs0n
The Toxic Avenger
thunderbird1245
tora tora
USF
Uncle Buck

Bold = confirmed my PM

This one looks to be a blast, with the new players, new direction & with the signings & trades over the nest 4 or 5 days.... plus we can have ice cream!

Shade
07-08-2008, 01:12 AM
t1hs0n

Bold = confirmed my PM

I would certainly hope so. :laugh:

Naptown_Seth
07-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Since you guys were talking about riding up in style I just thought I would post what came to visit the shop a few days ago.

http://www.frostbot.com/manga/SSPX0157.jpg

I just saw this guy driving downtown this morning on my way to work. Has to be the same Lambo with that color.

Jose - I'm 100% in so bold me up.

Even on a Saturday?
No. I run down to Southport and Greenwood all the time on the weekend. Personally I'd probably just hit the Greenwood exit anyway rather than County Line. I think that runs quicker east.

DD - if you're lugging a projector and player I'll go ahead and grab a couple of classic Pacer playoff games I have burned. Unfortunately some of my older stuff still needs ripped from VHS. But Ron Artest signaling Reggie's 3pt make versus Detroit before he's even done shooting it FTW, one of Ron's finer moments. If only we'd had a lot more of those. :(

I'll also work on getting some college stuff onto at least my laptop HD. I had to reinstall and it's been a real a'hole since then. But it would be nice to have some Rush stuff. I don't have any G'town games left on Tivo.

Shade - do you want a lift down there? I could pick you up anywhere downtown.

duke dynamite
07-08-2008, 01:24 PM
DD - if you're lugging a projector and player I'll go ahead and grab a couple of classic Pacer playoff games I have burned. Unfortunately some of my older stuff still needs ripped from VHS. But Ron Artest signaling Reggie's 3pt make versus Detroit before he's even done shooting it FTW, one of Ron's finer moments. If only we'd had a lot more of those. :(

I'll also work on getting some college stuff onto at least my laptop HD. I had to reinstall and it's been a real a'hole since then. But it would be nice to have some Rush stuff. I don't have any G'town games left on Tivo.

If you guys just want to follow me, I'll be downtown when Shade is ready to leave.

As for the projector, t1hs0n needs to confirm that it is okay for me to bring it. I will welcome any other Pacers videos.

Shade
07-08-2008, 02:04 PM

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't mind hitching a ride, but I don't want to leave my car in mall parking for that long. :-p

Thanks for the offer, though.

Shade
07-08-2008, 02:05 PM
If you guys just want to follow me, I'll be downtown when Shade is ready to leave.

As for the projector, t1hs0n needs to confirm that it is okay for me to bring it. I will welcome any other Pacers videos.

Where do you want to meet up? I'll be in the convention center for most of the day.

duke dynamite
07-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Well, since you have to pay for parking on Fridays, I need to be strategically placed somewhere close that doesn't cost me anything.

Shade
07-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Just let me know where and I'll meet you there.

duke dynamite
07-08-2008, 05:51 PM
I will let you know no later than Thursday.

t1hs0n
07-08-2008, 06:03 PM

It is fine to bring, though possibly unnecessary. The bean has a 50" plasma with all the usual hookups including hdmi.

duke dynamite
07-08-2008, 06:05 PM
It is fine to bring, though possibly unnecessary. The bean has a 50" plasma with all the usual hookups including hdmi.

Will we be in the bean all night?

Okay, so I'll just bring the DVDs.

t1hs0n
07-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Will we be in the bean all night?

Okay, so I'll just bring the DVDs.

I just figured it would be mostly open discussion durring the pizza portion of the evening, no?

Jose Slaughter
07-08-2008, 07:13 PM
My turn

The Hula Bean is the ice cream shop located next to the Entrée Vous.

The plan currently is to meet at the Entrée Vous at 5, eat pizza & hang out there until around 11.

Thats when the Hula Bean closes.

After 11, we move over to the Hula Bean (with the 50" plasma), have a little ice cream, get our 2nd wind & see how late into the night we can stay up.

duke dynamite
07-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Okay, so should we wait for the DVDs when we get into the Hula Bean?

Jose Slaughter
07-08-2008, 07:38 PM
My magic 8 ball says..... yes

duke dynamite
07-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Okay

juadam09
07-08-2008, 08:21 PM
I just saw this guy driving downtown this morning on my way to work. Has to be the same Lambo with that color.

Jose - I'm 100% in so bold me up.

No. I run down to Southport and Greenwood all the time on the weekend. Personally I'd probably just hit the Greenwood exit anyway rather than County Line. I think that runs quicker east.

You think you can come pick me up in Jacksonville? :laugh:

duke dynamite
07-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Nope. sorry.

:P

Hicks
07-08-2008, 09:35 PM
I'd be somewhat surprised if we watch anything at all, really. We usually just talk straight through.

grace
07-09-2008, 08:22 AM
I'd be somewhat surprised if we watch anything at all, really. We usually just talk straight through.

Except for the year where we had nothing better to do than talk about Speed Bagging and watch the brawl. :suicide4:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JufU3fiOFDY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JufU3fiOFDY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Natston
07-10-2008, 01:54 AM

Except for the year where we had nothing better to do than talk about Speed Bagging and watch the brawl. :suicide4:

If the trades didn't occur then we'd need the dvd set, but like Hicks said we shouldn't need them.

Trader Joe
07-10-2008, 09:54 AM
Well guys, one of my good friends is having his 21st birthday party Saturday night and another one of my friends is leaving for Detroit on Sunday, so I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it. I'm glad I was at least able to attend the draft event so I could meet some of you.

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Boo!

Have fun!

Trader Joe
07-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Boo!

Have fun!

Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed, but I gotta be a good friend.

Gyron
07-10-2008, 01:48 PM
A good friend would bring him to the forum party and then out for a night of drinking.

Roaming Gnome
07-10-2008, 09:51 PM
If anyone is interested, I can give you guys a tour of Lucas Oil Stadium thru the recent pics I've taken.

Anyone?

Last time I posted my old pics on the digest, we had too much traffic and the pics had to be pulled.

duke dynamite
07-10-2008, 10:53 PM
If anyone is interested, I can give you guys a tour of Lucas Oil Stadium thru the recent pics I've taken.

Anyone?

Last time I posted my old pics on the digest, we had too much traffic and the pics had to be pulled.
That would be awesome. My dad has invited us to the employee tour on the 11th. I can't wait.

Doug
07-11-2008, 01:29 PM
I definitely can't make this one - I've got a conflict that I can't get out of. Too bad, this one sounds like a blast.

obnoxiousmodesty
07-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Apparently the weather is going to be stormy Saturday afternoon and evening. Hopefully nothing severe.

Gyron
07-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Wasn't there a snow storm for the last digest party?

Maybe someone is trying to tell us something.....