PDA

View Full Version : My Wacky Trade Idea #2

Hicks
06-08-2004, 04:05 PM
I have the feeling this is a ripoff for the other guys, but hear me out.

Indiana trades:
Pollard
Bender
Harrington

Cleveland trades:
Illgauskas
Wagner
Boozer

Why we do it: Wagnar is a SG. Boozer is Dale Davis with offense. Illgauskas is for some reason liked by Bird (or so I've read), and would give us a Smits-ish center to use.

Why they do it: They get rid of Illgauskas' condor of a contract, which if much larger than any other player they have. Wagnar doesn't seem to have a role anymore on their team. Boozer's where it gets hairy. They'd have to feel they're getting a lot of talent immediately in Harrington, who'd probably start in Boozer's place, and in Bender. If they believe in Bender like Donnie seems to, he and Al together might sell them on it. Pollard is to help plug the hole at C until they get someone they really want. Plus they still have Diop and Battie to play C.

Our lineup:

Tinsley - AJ
Reggie or Wagner/ Freddie
Artest - Croshere
O'Neal - Boozer
Foster or Illgauskas

Really lots of ways you could go with that front court. Could make JO the C and play Boozer with him, and let Boozer handle the bigger man on defense. Keep it as is and have two capable players off the bench. Or go all offense and start JO and Z together.

Point of this trade was I knew we wanted to get a SG and get bigger. We're huge in this situation.

Probably a very unrealstic trade, but it's summer so I'm throwing out here to see if it sticks.

Kstat
06-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Talent-wise, its not a bad deal.

But Cleveland isnt going to give up one of the few talented centers in the NBA, and Boozer, whom they're in LOVE with, for two guys that play the same position more or less. Pollard is no consolation.

Bender I see fitting in GREAT with James, but I don't see AL meshing with him.

And on Indiana's side, Wagner is basically freddie Jones minus the defense. He scores a little better, but I'd rather have Jones over him.

sweabs
06-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Yeah it's very unrealistic - Cavs aren't gonna get rid of Booze.

Plus, I really don't like Wagner that much. He hasn't shown me much.

kerosene
06-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Plus Big Z will be in the last year of his contract next season. It's a huge amount of money but he'll be off the books at the end of the season or they could trade him to a team that wants salary relief for some quality players.

Snickers
06-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Al for Boozer: good for us
Bender for Wagnar: iffy.... neither one has shown much
Pollard for Z: big steal

The only way Cleveland does this is if they really want to dump Z, and they're totally enamored with Al and Jon. This would be a huge steal for us.

Hicks
06-08-2004, 04:18 PM
And on Indiana's side, Wagner is basically freddie Jones minus the defense. He scores a little better, but I'd rather have Jones over him.

Maybe, but we'd still have Freddy so it's not a problem. If we need D more, we play Fred. If we need scoring more, we play Wagner. I could see Wagner blossom into a real offensive threat.

Peck
06-08-2004, 04:20 PM
No way in hell are you going to pry Boozer out of the Cavs. without using the names of Artest or O'Neal.

I'm not even sure the name Artest would do it.

I would kill for Carlos Boozer. I would trade Artest for Boozer (whistles while waiting for Uncle Buck to revive from passing out).

Personnaly I would think about O'neal, but then I would come to my senses. I wouldn't take Boozer for O'Neal btw.

In case you couldn't tell, I love Carlos Boozer. He is everything that I like in a basketball player.

Of course, then in rereading I see that you compare him to Dale which only further shows why I love the Booze.

In retrospect, Dale Davis is God. ;) :dance:

sweabs
06-08-2004, 04:24 PM
Dajuan Wagner

02-03:
Field Goal % = .369
3 Point % = .316

03-04:
Field Goal % = .366
3 Point % = .360

:uhoh:

DisplacedKnick
06-08-2004, 04:27 PM
Cleveland wouldn't trade Boozer straight up for Harrington, Bender and Pollard (can't anyway because of the cap but you get my meaning).

Shade
06-08-2004, 04:44 PM
That would give us a killer frontline, but I'm not sure if Wagner is the SG we're looking for. I'd still seriously consider it, though.