PDA

View Full Version : fan appreciation night

dagrubbs
04-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Obviously I'm a huge pacers fan. So it kills me to see this team giving it there all out on the floor and still not receiving much fan support as far as attendance goes. So about 4 days ago i sent and email to consecofieldhouse.com with the suggestion of a fan appreciation night where balcony seats would be $10, club level seats would be $20, and lower level would be $30 seats. I had the thinking that being in a playoff chase, and if this gets advertised right, we might be able to nearly fill the place up with that cheap of ticket prices. I fowarded my idea onto them and sure enough less that a week later we have a fan appreciation night next wednesday against the knicks. I just thought that was pretty cool/smart of the pacers to be taking these ideas.

duke dynamite
04-09-2008, 07:35 PM
They do this every season. Last year we went onto the court after the game and got our photo with Danny. I don't think they will discount the ticket prices, though. It would burn a lot of people who have already purchased their tickets before hand.

They always give us a team poster and a scratch-off card to win something as well.

Good idea, though!

dagrubbs
04-09-2008, 07:43 PM
go to pacers.com they already have reduced the prices

duke dynamite
04-09-2008, 07:59 PM
If that was your doing, great job!

Hicks
04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Well I'll be damned; sure enough on Pacers.com it says next Wednesday all available Balcony tickets are $10, all available Club tickets are $20, and all available Lower tickets are $30.

Congrats!

Oneal07
04-09-2008, 08:57 PM
LOL. . I wish I could get to these games

andreialta
04-09-2008, 09:28 PM
if only im in Indiana not California haha

MagicRat
04-09-2008, 10:02 PM
I don't think they will discount the ticket prices, though. It would burn a lot of people who have already purchased their tickets before hand.

Somebody owes me a hundred bucks......

Naptown_Seth
04-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Talk to Murphy, he's got some extra cash lying around for sure.

Big Smooth
04-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Well I'll be damned; sure enough on Pacers.com it says next Wednesday all available Balcony tickets are $10, all available Club tickets are $20, and all available Lower tickets are $30.

Congrats!

Ugh. Why can't they do this for Saturday's game? I'd be there for sure. I can't get off work early enough on Wednesday to make that game. :(

tora tora
04-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Ugh. Why can't they do this for Saturday's game? I'd be there for sure. I can't get off work early enough on Wednesday to make that game. :(

Same for me, this sucks. :(

MagicRat
04-10-2008, 12:39 AM
Same for me, this sucks. :(

I hear Prince is performing after the game, too. Bummer.......

duke dynamite
04-10-2008, 02:25 AM
I hear Prince is performing after the game, too. Bummer.......
Are you being sarcastic? I can't find this anywhere.

I like Prince. LOL

tora tora
04-10-2008, 03:45 AM
Yeah right Magic Rat lol, did you guys go to his Musicology tour at Conseco Fieldhouse back in 2004?

MagicRat
04-10-2008, 08:08 AM
Yeah right Magic Rat lol, did you guys go to his Musicology tour at Conseco Fieldhouse back in 2004?

No, but I'll have to go the next time he plays here.

I did listen to a live record a couple weeks ago. Does that count?
http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/showpost.php?p=681099&postcount=3188

owl
04-10-2008, 08:55 AM
I just purchased 3 tickets for Wednesday in the lower arena, row 16 at midcourt.
Going with my 2 kids. Wooo...hooo!!!

Way to go Dagrubbs!!

BillS
04-10-2008, 09:04 AM
Wow. Row 12 midcourt for $30.

They REALLY need to promote this!

the regginator
04-10-2008, 11:48 AM
can anyone tell me what the club level is like? it's the only area I haven't seen a game from

I'm thinking about going to this game (haven't been able to see the pacers in person in about a year) and I can't decide between the club level and lower level.

From my memory the club level involved suites and food but I'm thinking I must be wrong if they're selling for only $20...

duke dynamite
04-10-2008, 12:30 PM
can anyone tell me what the club level is like? it's the only area I haven't seen a game from

I'm thinking about going to this game (haven't been able to see the pacers in person in about a year) and I can't decide between the club level and lower level.

From my memory the club level involved suites and food but I'm thinking I must be wrong if they're selling for only $20...
In the club level you get the opportunity to have a waiter or waitress bring you your drinks and nachos. (There is more of a selection than that.) You get to see the suites, but only when people are opening the doors to go into them.

But do you really want to pass up the opportunity to sit down low?

PacerPete
04-10-2008, 12:36 PM
But do you really want to pass up the opportunity to sit down low?

Must be pretty close to being sold out down there, I didn't see anything worth getting in the lower level. Only seats I found were up high in the lower level in the corners.

duke dynamite
04-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Must be pretty close to being sold out down there, I didn't see anything worth getting in the lower level. Only seats I found were up high in the lower level in the corners.
I ordered mine and heywoode's at 1 pm, and I got section 11 row 6.

Robertmto
04-10-2008, 02:34 PM
I just found section 4 row 4

Speed
04-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Section 19 Row 34 - Free

Its even with the Club level right at the big opening. Dude you can't beat FREE!!!

Naptown_Seth
04-10-2008, 03:30 PM
I just found section 4 row 4
I went looking after I saw this. They had a single 4 row 5 (right behind Pacers bench BTW) and I think another single behind the Knicks bench too.

There is just no good reason for a Pacers fan to not be there for this game. Danny, Dun, Foster, Diener, Flip are all certain to play a fair amount, even if they are eliminated already.

And wouldn't it be great if they were tied with Atlanta and this was to clinch a playoff spot in front of a packed house (by this year's standards). And beating the Knicks no less. And maybe the last game Isiah ever coaches or GMs in the NBA.

duke dynamite
04-10-2008, 03:36 PM
I'm looking forward to it.

Robertmto
04-10-2008, 03:38 PM
I went looking after I saw this. They had a single 4 row 5 (right behind Pacers bench BTW) and I think another single behind the Knicks bench too.

There is just no good reason for a Pacers fan to not be there for this game. Danny, Dun, Foster, Diener, Flip are all certain to play a fair amount, even if they are eliminated already.

And wouldn't it be great if they were tied with Atlanta and this was to clinch a playoff spot in front of a packed house (by this year's standards). And beating the Knicks no less. And maybe the last game Isiah ever coaches or GMs in the NBA.

yep, 30 bucks is a steal for that

Ownagedood
04-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Hehe, you guys get a lil better seats.. But you PAID for yours.

If you would have waited a day or so, you coulda got them free like me.. Ya, I got bad seats because I was way behind the free ones being announced and I got four seats. But a lot of people got lower level FOR FREE.

duke dynamite
04-10-2008, 06:51 PM
But still, I am in row 6. I can't complain when I'd normally spend $150.

Indianapolis_girly
04-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Haha, I called my mom and told her this & she still can't believe it. Before the season even started she bought two really good seats that totaled like 300 dollars for this game. She was pretty ticked when she figured out that you can now get them for 30 dollars each.

60>300 something.
dang.

Unclebuck
04-14-2008, 09:21 AM

For a game a few seasons ago, I sat in the first row club level right at midcourt, and as far as seeing what was going on they were probably the best seats I have ever sat in. The angle, the height, everything is just perfect. And yet I still like sitting down lower, as I think I get a better feel for the action.

Naptown_Seth
04-14-2008, 10:06 AM
For a game a few seasons ago, I sat in the first row club level right at midcourt, and as far as seeing what was going on they were probably the best seats I have ever sat in. The angle, the height, everything is just perfect. And yet I still like sitting down lower, as I think I get a better feel for the action.
I agree.

Down low you can be blocked by the goal on the baseline, you are "flat" meaning you can't see over the situation and see some spacing, and if you are at either end you are pretty removed from the action.

BUT...basketball at 10 feet away is a different sport. In the NFL being that close is worthless. You have no sense of how things are going. In the NBA you suddenly realize just how massive those extra 2-3 inches are, how FAST guys really are, how much a little extra reach, a slightly better screen, a tighter cut all impact the game.

What looks like bad spacing on TV looks like an open jumper sitting that close. The space in the lane is more obvious. Height advantages are way more obvious. And personally I see how impressive the refs are. There are some calls that fans boo away on but when you are right there you see that wrist slap, the waist pull on a rebound, etc. Guys don't just get an auto call driving to the lane, there are lots of hacks going on (unless it's Jordan or Wade ;) ).

And the pounding on the floor, the pure power of it. It's incredibly physical for a "finesse" sport.

BTW, I prefer baseline to sideline if you are talking first 3 rows. Sideline gets you sorta close to both ends, but baseline puts it right in your lap for half the game. Every Pacers fan should sit down there at least once.

I do think Rat, Gnome, Mal are all getting good bang for buck with first row uppers however. I'd like to do that and then supplement it with 3-5 games down close spread out over the year.