PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this trade?

bread
06-08-2004, 03:22 PM
The Pacers trade:

Ron Artest
Austin Croshere
2004 1st Rounder
2006 1st Rounder

The Magic trade:

Tracy McGrady
2004 1st Rounder

Would any of you do it?

This would give the Pacers a starting 5 of:

PG: Tinsley, Johnson
SG: McGrady
SF: Harrington
PF: O'Neal
C: Foster

Is this workable?

Kstat
06-08-2004, 03:24 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So how much crack would Olando's GM have to do before he agreed to that deal?

I'm not sure I'd trade the #1 pick ALONE for Ron and that garbage, let alone TMac.

MSA2CF
06-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Not me, sorry. Maybe my dislike for Tracy McGrady is what stops me.

diego
06-08-2004, 03:34 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So how much crack would Olando's GM have to do before he agreed to that deal?

I'm not sure I'd trade the #1 pick ALONE for Ron and that garbage, let alone TMac.

yeah because Ron wasnt an all star himslef this year. And Ron wasnt DPOY, and Ron isnt considered by most insiders as a complete package. Granted he had a bad series against your boys, but he is still better than anyone on your team. I would not trade Ron for anyone from your team.

Now i would not say Ron for Tmac straight up is a good trade, but giving up Cro and two first rounders is hardly scraps. Ron alone is almost as valuable as TMac and some will argue as valuable seen how he only scores 7ppg less tha TMac but holds his opponets to much under their average, which is truly like adding scoring to his totals.

Kstat
06-08-2004, 03:39 PM
yeah because Ron wasnt an all star himslef this year. And Ron wasnt DPOY, and Ron isnt considered by most insiders as a complete package. Granted he had a bad series against your boys, but he is still better than anyone on your team. I would not trade Ron for anyone from your team.

Um, what does my team have to do with the price of tea in china? Or did you simply put down the pistons as a retort :rolleyes:

Now i would not say Ron for Tmac straight up is a good trade, but giving up Cro and two first rounders is hardly scraps. Ron alone is almost as valuable as TMac and some will argue as valuable seen how he only scores 7ppg less tha TMac but holds his opponets to much under their average, which is truly like adding scoring to his totals.

Cro and 2 picks that would fall in the 25-29 range IS garbage. In a trade involving the #1 pick and the league's leading scorer, Croshere is nothing. He's a 7th man at BEST on a good team.

Not to mention comparing TMac's scoring to Ron's is just as bad. Ron isnt a natural scorer. TMac is the best scorer outside of Kobe in the NBA.

sweabs
06-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Um, what does my team have to do with the price of tea in china? Or did you simply put down the pistons as a retort

Then why do you always have the need to bring up the Pacers (and often put them down) when you feel the Pistons are threatened?

Kstat
06-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Um, what does my team have to do with the price of tea in china? Or did you simply put down the pistons as a retort

Then why do you always have the need to bring up the Pacers (and often put them down) when you feel the Pistons are threatened?

....threatened?

You DO realize the ECF is over right :laugh:

Why do I bring up the Pacers in a pacers thread on a Pacers FORUM? Is this a serious question? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

The Pacers have about as much chance trading Ron, Cro and 2 late picks for Okafor and TMac as the Pistons do of trading Rip and Darko for Shaq and Kobe. If thats putting the Pacers down, so be it.

diego
06-08-2004, 03:47 PM
Last time i checked scoring is scoring. Baskets still count the same for all players. He isnt a natural scorer? What kind of argument is that. Come on Kstat, i thought you were better than that. My point the post is that you make it seem like Ron isnt worth hardly anything, and yet he is easily one of the top 15 players in league.

I would also bet that if we offered up some deal involving Artest, that Orlando would not get a better deal out there than that one. Now i am sure internet poster could concieve of better deals for them, but in reality they wont get a better offer.

bread
06-08-2004, 03:48 PM
OK Kstat, make it Orlando's 2005 1st round draft pick instead of the 2004 pick. Is that a more rounded trade?

sweabs
06-08-2004, 03:52 PM
....threatened?

You DO realize the ECF is over right :laugh:

Why do I bring up the Pacers in a pacers thread on a Pacers FORUM? Is this a serious question? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Yeah you're just a regular comedian.

I can recall threads where we were discussing the Pistons and you would always reply with things like "but...but...Ron did this", and "oh...but...but...the Pacers did that".

Trust me...it has happened.

Kstat
06-08-2004, 03:53 PM
Last time i checked scoring is scoring. Baskets still count the same for all players. He isnt a natural scorer? What kind of argument is that. Come on Kstat, i thought you were better than that. My point the post is that you make it seem like Ron isnt worth hardly anything, and yet he is easily one of the top 15 players in league.

I would also bet that if we offered up some deal involving Artest, that Orlando would not get a better deal out there than that one. Now i am sure internet poster could concieve of better deals for them, but in reality they wont get a better offer.Yes, scoring is scoring. Until the playoffs begin and guys actually GAMEPLAN to stop you.

Ron's scoring goes down, TMac's goes up. Ron isn't a guy capable of creating his own shot. TMac can create his own shot against 2 or 3 guys. The difference is immeasuable.

And if me saying Ron isnt worth the NBA's top scorer means he isnt worth anything, so be it.

And offering Artest is one thing, but adding 2 picks and a guy that wont ever start on a contending roster is stupid.

If thats the BEST offer Orlando gets for TMac AND the #1 pick, they're better off not trading him at all.

Kstat
06-08-2004, 03:56 PM
OK Kstat, make it Orlando's 2005 1st round draft pick instead of the 2004 pick. Is that a more rounded trade?

It would be better, but I still don't think Orlando would do it. That pick is still almost a guarenteed top-5 pick, possibly #1 again. You'd need to give up TWO things of value, not just Ron.

Harrington, Bender, Tinsley, Freddie Jones, etc. You'd need to give up one of those guys in addition to Ron for TMac and their 2005 #1.

bread
06-08-2004, 04:02 PM
How about:

Indiana trades to Orlando:
Ron Artest
2004 1st rounder

Indiana trades to Houston:
Austin Croshere
2006 1st Rounder

Houston trades to Orlando:
Steve Francis

Orlando trades to Indiana:
Tracey McGrady

Orlando trades to Houston:
Andrew DeClerq

Would you do THAT trade????

Kstat
06-08-2004, 04:06 PM
How about:

Indiana trades to Orlando:
Ron Artest
2004 1st rounder

Indiana trades to Houston:
Austin Croshere
2006 1st Rounder

Houston trades to Orlando:
Steve Francis

Orlando trades to Indiana:
Tracey McGrady

Orlando trades to Houston:
Andrew DeClerq

Would you do THAT trade????

I'd question Orlando a little in this trade, but at least I could SEE them doing it.

As for the trade itself however, its just as bad. Houston gives up Steve Francis for Declerq, Croshere, and a mid-range pick? Why on earth would they do that?

Shade
06-08-2004, 04:10 PM
I would do either of those trades in a heartbeat.

sweabs
06-08-2004, 04:10 PM
I would do either of those trades in a heartbeat.

Houston wouldn't! :laugh:

Mourning
06-08-2004, 04:25 PM
Most Pacers fans would, why? Because these 2 deals are so lobsided in our favour, thats why.

What I would consider a fair package for T-Mac, resigned, ALONE, so without the number 1 pick in 2004, maybe an added scrub from Orlando:

- Al Harrington
- Fred Jones
- Scott Pollard
- 2004 1st round pick
- Our MLE

or:

- Ron Artest
- Fred Jones
- Scott Pollard/Austin Croshere
- 2004 1st round pick

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Shade
06-08-2004, 04:38 PM
Most Pacers fans would, why? Because these 2 deals are so lobsided in our favour, thats why.

What I would consider a fair package for T-Mac, resigned, ALONE, so without the number 1 pick in 2004, maybe an added scrub from Orlando:

- Al Harrington
- Fred Jones
- Scott Pollard
- 2004 1st round pick
- Our MLE

or:

- Ron Artest
- Fred Jones
- 2004 1st round pick

Regards,

Oh, hell YES to that first one.

C - Foster/Brezec
PF - O'Neal/Croshere
SF - Artest/Bender/JJones
SG - McGrady/Miller
PG - Tinsley/Johnson/Brewer

:drool: :eek:

Suaveness
06-08-2004, 04:43 PM
Ron isn't a guy capable of creating his own shot.

Since when? :confused: Last time I checked, that is about the only way he scores....

Kstat
06-08-2004, 04:47 PM

- Al Harrington
- Fred Jones
- Scott Pollard
- 2004 1st round pick
- Our MLE

or:

- Ron Artest
- Fred Jones
- 2004 1st round pick

Regards,

The first deal I don't see happening at all. The 2nd trade I think Orlando would consider.