04-08-2008, 09:32 PM
My favorite fruit. Thanks.
It's a little more elegant than "fart noise twards you!" LOL

Kaufman
04-08-2008, 09:35 PM
I'll pass too.

D-BONE
04-08-2008, 09:37 PM
If we can't get jack for him then fine. If we could coax something helpful out of a Quis deal, then do it.

To his credit, I think he was really forced to play out of position at point once Tins went down. He seems to have improved significantly since Flip has come in and moved him off the ball.

BlueNGold
04-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Quis is a nice player but he's simply a luxury we cannot afford at this point. He's nearly paid starter money and he's not going to start and there are other decent much cheaper options to throw out on the court. I suspect Quis will be one of the next ones to head out...especially with the need to re-sign Granger.

Dece
04-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Marquis needs to go, too much money for too little production. Common problem on the roster currently, and he's probably one of the few move able ones.

Young
04-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Marquis needs to go, too much money for too little production. Common problem on the roster currently, and he's probably one of the few move able ones.

Well said.

Although i'm not for sure how moveable he is. Marquis is a solid player but not worth the money he is being paid.

Cherokee
04-08-2008, 10:18 PM
I never question Ron Burgundy.

Shade
04-08-2008, 10:22 PM
http://hoopedia.nba.com/images/9/95/Act_marquis_daniels.jpg

The title says it all. I hope we do!

Sorry man. Every time I meet a player IRL, he's gone shortly thereafter.

Travis Best, Fred Jones, Ron Artest (didn't meet him, but was supposed to), Snap Hunter...all me. :wave:

Infinite MAN_force
04-08-2008, 10:25 PM
yeah no thanks.

OnlyPacersLeft
04-08-2008, 10:26 PM
for real. He's really coming on with his defense lately...it's a shame we are coming together this late in the year but i like how it's all coming full circle!

Ownagedood
04-08-2008, 10:30 PM
No thanks. Get him out before they realize he's on drugs.. Ever look at his eyes/face?

tdubb03
04-08-2008, 10:33 PM
His value as an expiring deal at around $8 mill or so outweighs his value towards our future. That's not a knock on Marquis, you can't expect a guy to turn down a deal like he got. I'd rather keep Kareem at around $3.5 than Marquis. I think he's capable of being a solid 7th man or so to a contender though.

CableKC
04-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Sorry man. Every time I meet a player IRL, he's gone shortly thereafter.

Travis Best, Fred Jones, Ron Artest (didn't meet him, but was supposed to), Snap Hunter...all me. :wave:
This question always comes up whenever a PD member says something like this.....but you have yet to meet Tinsley?

Kaufman
04-08-2008, 10:37 PM
No thanks. Get him out before they realize he's on drugs.. Ever look at his eyes/face?

I'm not sure that is a fair thing to say at all.

Ownagedood
04-08-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm not sure that is a fair thing to say at all.
Lol, well.. Ya can't look at him and say that he looks fine.. Look at a guy like Danny Granger.. Then Daniels.. He just looks whacked out.

Kaufman
04-08-2008, 10:47 PM
What about his eyes/face looks whacked out?

And what is the connection between looking whacked out doesn't and being on drugs?

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I just don't think it is a fair statement.

Ownagedood
04-08-2008, 10:53 PM

And what is the connection between looking whacked out doesn't and being on drugs?

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I just don't think it is a fair statement.
Well, you know.. Well, maybe not.. Idk.. But you can tell if a person is whacked out on drugs or not.. Me being in a drugged up high school, I see it often.. It's ridiculous. But you can tell that they just aren't all there by the expression on their face.. That's one thing the drugs do to em'. Kinda hard to explain. But I see it in his face when I see him.. Of course, he may not be.. But what are the chances?

BPump33
04-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Well, you know.. Well, maybe not.. Idk.. But you can tell if a person is whacked out on drugs or not.. Me being in a drugged up high school, I see it often.. It's ridiculous. But you can tell that they just aren't all there by the expression on their face.. That's one thing the drugs do to em'. Kinda hard to explain. But I see it in his face when I see him.. Of course, he may not be.. But what are the chances?

A drugged up high school??? I went to Franklin (rather recently) although not as recent as I would like and it wasn't that "drugged up." Wait until you get to college and then you will see "drugged up." Anyway, Quis had a great game tonight, but let's not annoint him a great player because of it. Hopefully we can keep this winning going and make the playoffs.

Go Pacers!!!!

Major Cold
04-08-2008, 11:06 PM
I say trade him,. He needs to play and produce and maybe we can get a mid-rounder for the 2009 draft by the trade deadline.

Kaufman
04-08-2008, 11:10 PM
You can't tell by looking at someone.

The chances are slim. If he WAS on drugs, especially if he were on street drugs like the ones I presume you are talking about, he'd get caught by randomized drug screening. Sort of like David Harrison being caught multiple times.

You simply can not tell by looking at a person or judge by the face or eyes. A lot of african americans have "muddy sclera" causing the whites of the eyes to look dark.

I get tricked every day by people who say they aren't druggies and don't look "whacked out", and then the urine drug screen comes back positive. And the people you suggest that fit this mold of looking "whacked out" inevitably come back clean.

So all I'm saying is that it isn't good to generalize someone as a druggie, that's all. If you know for a fact, that's one thing, but if you don't, don't assume.

Hicks
04-08-2008, 11:12 PM
I'll pass.

CableKC
04-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Let's give credit where credit is due.

Marquis played a very good game tonight, is clearly capable of providing decent to solid defense against opposing Guards and can finish near the hoop at will.

The problem is that he ( for some reason ) is only capable of doing this 2 ( at most ) out of every 5 games and does not do it consistently enough to provide the impact that he had tonight every game that he plays. If he did...then he would have a bigger following.

In reality...with his multiple PR off-the-court issues, inconsistent play...he will likely be traded sometime between the end of the season and the 2008-2009 trade deadline cuz his value lies in him being an Expiring $6 mil contract.

Roaming Gnome
04-08-2008, 11:20 PM
For his level of consistancy, I'd rather go with someone a little cheaper.

He has flashes, but I'm not seeing the value consistantly enough. What the hell, I guess that could be said for anyone of our starters... Too bad Quise is not a starter, yet he's getting starter money.

Anthem
04-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Move him. All of the Pacers trouble of the last couple years has happened near him.

I like him as a player, but he's not worth the headache.

idioteque
04-08-2008, 11:30 PM
Quis will be a sweetener in any decent sized trade we make this offseason, because he is an expiring and he has been somewhat productive this season, so it's not like he's Theo Ratliff.

He is a decent player but an excessive luxury to a team with Dunleavy, Granger, and Williams that lacks a true PG.

rexnom
04-08-2008, 11:30 PM
For his level of consistancy, I'd rather go with someone a little cheaper.

He has flashes, but I'm not seeing the value consistantly enough. What the hell, I guess that could be said for anyone of our starters... Too bad Quise is not a starter, yet he's getting starter money.
Yep.

Move him. All of the Pacers trouble of the last couple years has happened near him.

I like him as a player, but he's not worth the headache.
Yep again!

RamBo_Lamar
04-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Decent player off the bench, in the right situation.

Not here though.

The dude has got to go along with Tins before something happens
and the 8-Second Saloon mess gets rehashed.

PacerGuy
04-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Why keep him? :confused:
Not a good call on your part.
He has been injury prone, & has been in trouble numberous times w/ the law, His expiring contract makes him "bait", but he is nothing more for the future of this team. Package him (Ike?) & bring in a pick or player at a needed position.

clownskull
04-09-2008, 12:04 AM
i think just about every player has had an official keep him thread. i am not interested in him from the problems we have had with him since he's been here and just as much if not more is the issue that he is so fragile. he will never go for long without having to miss a game here and there. we need to get guys who can hold it together -not fall apart all the time. quis is not that guy.
then there is the inconsistent production. sometimes he does pretty well but not often enough for me to say that i would like to see him stick around.
we have had far far far too many players on this team in the last several years where they just can't stay healthy for long and i'm just sick to death of hearing about when they get healthy because that is never for long.
he has been one of those guys you can count on to miss too many games every season and he has missed several this year.
i gotta pass.........

jeffg-body
04-09-2008, 12:36 AM
I say we gotta package him in some trade to either get a pick or the other team taking a bloated contract.

LoneGranger33
04-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Never wanted him. Hated the Croshere deal, even if it was in our best interest. Still don't want him.

CableKC
04-09-2008, 01:04 AM
Never wanted him. Hated the Croshere deal, even if it was in our best interest. Still don't want him.
Just throwing it out there....kinda OT....but I wouldn't be surprised if Bird signs Croshere to a Vet minimum type deal in the offseason to shore up our Frontline. ;)

Infinite MAN_force
04-09-2008, 01:35 AM
Why are we talking about Daniels when Murray had a game where he looked like a franchise PG. He is the reason we won this game with his 20 points and 10 assists. Just one game, sure, but makes me think he could be worth signing. I was ready to kick his *** out of town a few days ago.

duke dynamite
04-09-2008, 01:40 AM
for real. He's really coming on with his defense lately...it's a shame we are coming together this late in the year but i like how it's all coming full circle!
I think I'm going to get along with you.

duke dynamite
04-09-2008, 02:37 AM
Just throwing it out there....kinda OT....but I wouldn't be surprised if Bird signs Croshere to a Vet minimum type deal in the offseason to shore up our Frontline. ;)
This may be possible, it would be a good PR move, but I am not sure how much he could help at this point in his career.

He may just provide the veteran leadership that I've been talking about.

(To me, he is still just that rookie that fouled out last week.) -Ask me about that...

Suaveness
04-09-2008, 02:41 AM
Why in the world would you ever want to keep him

Los Angeles
04-09-2008, 03:08 AM
I hope that his sign-and-trade value has increased just a little.

duke dynamite
04-09-2008, 03:13 AM
Because I want to.

mb221
04-09-2008, 03:16 AM

Because he is an extremely versatile player that can cause matchup problems. Not to mention I REALLY enjoy his hair-doo.

NapTonius Monk
04-09-2008, 03:50 AM
Why are we talking about Daniels when Murray had a game where he looked like a franchise PG. He is the reason we won this game with his 20 points and 10 assists. Just one game, sure, but makes me think he could be worth signing. I was ready to kick his *** out of town a few days ago.

I'm not that big on Flip as a PG, tonight's game aside. But I think he would be worth keeping as a utility guard. He could give you what Marquis gives, and could adequately fill either guard slot if needs be. I wouldn't mind keeping him, and I wouldn't mind moving him.

Erik
04-09-2008, 05:57 AM
Because he is an extremely versatile player that can cause matchup problems. Not to mention I really enjoy his hair doo-doo.fixed:)

Speed
04-09-2008, 08:17 AM

I wouldn't suggest looking him in the eyes, though.

http://www.worldsofimagination.com/Medusa-ClashofTitans.jpg

aceace
04-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Marquis is way overpaid for what he gives us. 8/3/2 at 44% fg 26% from 3. He is an expiring contract (next season)

Unclebuck
04-09-2008, 08:33 AM
I said before the season started that the 3 most important players on the Pacers roster are: JO, Tinsley, and Daniels. What I meant by that is I expected Granger to improve, I expected Dunleavy to play well(he's played better than I figured) but JT, JO and Marquis all have history of injuries and JT and Quis had other problems.

Daniels is very important because he can creat a shot and can play defense.

spreedom
04-09-2008, 09:49 AM
All that's really important is that if we trade him, we don't take on a huge contract in return, because as has been stated, we need to re-sign Granger and Rush...

naptownmenace
04-09-2008, 09:57 AM
To his credit, I think he was really forced to play out of position at point once Tins went down. He seems to have improved significantly since Flip has come in and moved him off the ball.

My wife made the exact same comment last night watching the game and since she's only a casual fan it really shows how he's obviously played better since we signed Flip. I also see that he's a SG and nothing more. Playing him at PG really exposed his weaknesses while he's much better moving without the ball, slashing, and finishing at the basket. Flip is excellent at looking for and finding him probably because he had the chance to play with Rip Hamilton - the guy Marquis should be patterning his game after.

I also commented to her last night that I think he's played better ball since Bird called him out in that press conference as being a disappointment. He's stepped it up since then.

Naptown_Seth
04-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Flip does hinder Quis' value with the Pacers. I'm not sure what to think of his off court situations because he comes across as a really nice person that you wouldn't expect to have those issues, so I don't move him for that only.

But his role with the team is limited right now, just like Rush. If you bring in a true starting PG you might move Flip to SG, or let Flip work both PG/SG depending on Dunleavy being in the game and defensive needs (since he and Dun have none).

I mean as bad as Flip's defensive interest is and as crafty as Quis is near the rim, Flip's ability to score the ball from all over is definitely stronger than Quis. Quis has not been a strong enough defensive stopper to warrant using him either.

I think he does have value and other teams could really use him, it's just that the Pacers situation has altered so much in the last 2 years he no longer makes as much sense here.

If he stays I won't mind, but I wonder how much PT he'll be able to get, especially if the draft brings in a backcourt player.

Speed
04-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Not trying to go to far off topic, but...

You have to really think about Flip now, I assumed this was a 2 month audition for another team and it most likely is. Also, I'm not one to go off on the deep end for a player in one game, but the facts are the facts.

Flip dominated Mike Bibby completely and to the point where the Hawks couldn't even have him in the game in the Pacers biggest game of the year.

I assuming Flip will back up Kidd or Fisher or be the number 2 guy for a contender next year or at least thats my guess, but he's everything the Pacers need when he plays his best.

NuffSaid
04-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Quis' tenure w/the Pacers will depend greatly on what happens with both Tinsley and Murray and he's why:

This team needs someone who can breakdown defenses and score consistly off the dribble in the paint. The only players currently on the Pacers' roster who can do that are Tinsley, Quis and Murray. Others try, i.e., Dunleavy, Granger, Rush, Diener and even Owens when he has seen playing time, but none have been able to score inside off dribble penetration the way Quis, Murray and Tinsley have.

So, the question on Quis' future here greatly depends on what happens with Tinsley and Murray. I like the PG tandum of Murray and Diener alot far more than I do Tinsley/Diener and that's saying something! I like it for the following reasons:

1) Fewer turnovers.
2) They control the tempo quite nicely.
3) One players decent defense, the other has great quickness and good hands.
4) Both have the ability to get to the basket to score (though one is better at it than the other)
5) Because Diener approaches the position from a purist standpoint (i.e., pass-first) while Murray approaches the position as a "scoring guard", defenses have to pick their poison as to how to defend them.

There are other aspects of why the Murray/Diener tandum is growing on me, but those are the main reasons I like these guys. What I'd like to see are the stats on a Diener/Quis backcourt verse Murray/Quis.

Jonathan
04-09-2008, 10:54 AM
What I like about Q6 is this he comes in the game tries to score the ball and plays defense. He can also play three positions. He is a valuable addition to any roster.

Infinite MAN_force
04-09-2008, 12:59 PM
The Murray thing is interesting because less than a week ago he looked like a guy who had no business pretending to be a point gaurd, and last night he looked like he had been doing it for years. Im gonna watch him close the next few games, Maybe it was an epiphany, or I guess it could have been one of those things where he was just "in the zone". I want to keep him now though, whether as a PG or SG, his ability to get to the basket and break down the defense is invaluable to this team.

Major Cold
04-09-2008, 01:07 PM
What I like about Q6 is this he comes in the game tries to score the ball and plays defense. He can also play three positions. He is a valuable addition to any roster.

So valuable that we signed Flip to play the same role.

Jonathan
04-09-2008, 02:00 PM
So valuable that we signed Flip to play the same role.

No Flip cannot play three positions. He is a combo guard. Q6 is out of postion trying to play the 1. He can if he has too but that is why he is valuable to the Pacers. Flip was not brought into town for his defense either.

Jonathan
04-09-2008, 02:01 PM
The Murray thing is interesting because less than a week ago he looked like a guy who had no business pretending to be a point gaurd, and last night he looked like he had been doing it for years. Im gonna watch him close the next few games, Maybe it was an epiphany, or I guess it could have been one of those things where he was just "in the zone". I want to keep him now though, whether as a PG or SG, his ability to get to the basket and break down the defense is invaluable to this team.

When we signed him it proved to me our organization was trying to win right now. He just got lost in the shuffle in Detroit they wanted to develop their first round draft picks and Flip was the odd man out.

duke dynamite
04-09-2008, 02:49 PM
No Flip cannot play three positions. He is a combo guard. Q6 is out of postion trying to play the 1. He can if he has too but that is why he is valuable to the Pacers. Flip was not brought into town for his defense either.
But if you haven't noticed they took Quis out of the 1 since the first game vs. Milwaukee. He has been backup at the 2 since then and has been doing very well.

CableKC
04-09-2008, 03:19 PM
I too agree that the version of Flip that we saw was astounding....but I fear that both Flip and Marquis both seem to share a common trait when it comes to how well they do when running the PG spot.....they seem to only show up "2 out of every 5" games.

His inconsistency in how he plays varies depending on who we play and changes from game to game.

If we keep Flip in any capacity next season....I really hope that it is as a SG...not as a PG. There are nights like yesterday where he can run the point as well as anyone else......then there are nights where he is turning it over that I don't even want him on the floor.

I get the sense that Flip would be far more effective playing as our SG then as our PG much like how Marquis appears to be far more effective when he isn't running the point but acting as our SG.

Jonathan
04-10-2008, 12:31 PM
I too agree that the version of Flip that we saw was astounding....but I fear that both Flip and Marquis both seem to share a common trait when it comes to how well they do when running the PG spot.....they seem to only show up "2 out of every 5" games.

His inconsistency in how he plays varies depending on who we play and changes from game to game.

If we keep Flip in any capacity next season....I really hope that it is as a SG...not as a PG. There are nights like yesterday where he can run the point as well as anyone else......then there are nights where he is turning it over that I don't even want him on the floor.

I get the sense that Flip would be far more effective playing as our SG then as our PG much like how Marquis appears to be far more effective when he isn't running the point but acting as our SG.

I say keep both Flip & Q6. They are valuable bench players that can play multiple positions. This years draft is huge for the organization b/c if we get Westbrook or EJ and keep these two it gives our rookies time to develop & learn the system instead of throwing them out for the wolves and hurting their confidence. I am not opposed to trading Q6 at the trade deadline but lets see how this team pans out before we blow it up. Consistency is the key for sucessful organizations.