PDA

View Full Version : Hawks forum takes shot at Pacers, pretty funny

Speed
04-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Scroll down to all of the pictures, semi funny stuff, same old hick stuff, but the Trivia question was painfully funny.

http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=302288&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

JayRedd
04-08-2008, 12:09 PM
King of Corn is a good one.

NuffSaid
04-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Okay, that was funny. But now it's clobbering time!

Pacers need this one in the absolute worst way!

GO PACERS!

Speed
04-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Okay, that was funny. But now it's clobbering time!

GO PACERS!

Ya they do, but the Hawks are potentially a bad match up, very athletic. JO is a tough cover for them too, though. I wonder if his minutes have been extended beyond 20 yet. We'll see, its a growing game in the least.

Kegboy
04-08-2008, 12:30 PM
That was pretty good.

idioteque
04-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Some poor soul put a lot of time into that.

But some of it is kinda hard to argue with. :laugh:

Honestly, I think we will beat Atlanta, but then lose to either Philadelphia or Washington. Right now I don't really think we deserve to be in the playoffs, but if we can beat those three teams and then win out, we finish on a 5 game winning streak, which I don't think we've had all year. Then, I guess we would deserve it in a crappy Eastern Conference.

But I'd still rather get the 12th pick and find a way to get Westbrook.

Kofi
04-08-2008, 12:45 PM
They realize they're Georgia and not, say, California, right? Any state that's surrounded by Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, and the Trailer Park-filled wasteland known as northern Florida probably couldn't be too high-class.

DisplacedKnick
04-08-2008, 12:54 PM
That was friggin' hilarious - but someone down there still has way too much spare time.

BPump33
04-08-2008, 12:56 PM
It would be nice if we could get some fans to attend the game and actually be fired up tonight. It is college night so that might help I guess. This game should have playoff like atomosphere, unfortunately the last home playoff game (NJ) I went to the atmosphere was awful.

Go Pacers!!!

BillS
04-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Pretty cute, but given the state of the Falcons taking pot shots at the Colts is probably not a good idea. :evillaugh

idioteque
04-08-2008, 01:00 PM
They realize they're Georgia and not, say, California, right? Any state that's surrounded by Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, and the Trailer Park-filled wasteland known as northern Florida probably couldn't be too high-class.

Yes but Atlanta is a pretty nice city. Chicago is Illinois and surrounded by the cornfields of the Midwest, but it doesn't change that that is a pretty nice place to live.

You could say the same for Indianapolis I suppose, but it is the Indiana Pacers, not the Indianapolis Pacers, which makes to fair game for them to bash the whole state.

Naptown_Seth
04-08-2008, 01:05 PM
1) frankly they could have chosen a worse example of "hot girl by Indy standards" given the average weight in the state...10 seconds at the local Walmart would get you that photo

2) the traffic jam one is great except that again the real photo of the real horse-carriage in the real downtown would have worked better

3) the special ops photo is actually a pretty good selling point on Indiana, it usually doesn't look this nice

Otherwise not too bad. Of course you have to love some backwoods necks with one of the worst traffic problems in the country making fun of Indiana.

Georgia - it's the classy version of Mississippi.*

*now with extra red dirt

Gamble1
04-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Yes but Atlanta is a pretty nice city. Chicago is Illinois and surrounded by the cornfields of the Midwest, but it doesn't change that that is a pretty nice place to live.

You could say the same for Indianapolis I suppose, but it is the Indiana Pacers, not the Indianapolis Pacers, which makes to fair game for them to bash the whole state.

Lets look at the stats: Georgia

<TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255)" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Year </TD><TD>Population </TD><TD>Index </TD><TD>Violent </TD><TD>Property </TD><TD>Murder </TD><TD>Rape </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255)" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>2006 </TD><TD>9,363,941 </TD><TD>408,289 </TD><TD>44,106 </TD><TD>364,183 </TD><TD>600 </TD><TD>2,173 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Gamble1
04-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Lets look at the stats: Georgia

<TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255)" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Year </TD><TD>Population </TD><TD>Index </TD><TD>Violent </TD><TD>Property </TD><TD>Murder </TD><TD>Rape </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255)" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>2006 </TD><TD>9,363,941 </TD><TD>408,289 </TD><TD>44,106 </TD><TD>364,183 </TD><TD>600 </TD><TD>2,173 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

opposed too,,, Indiana

<TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255)" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Year</TD><TD>Population</TD><TD>Index</TD><TD>Violent</TD><TD>Property</TD><TD>Murder</TD><TD>Rape</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255)" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>2006 </TD><TD>6,313,520 </TD><TD>240,993 </TD><TD>19,876 </TD><TD>221,127 </TD><TD>369 </TD><TD>1,835 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Unclebuck
04-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Wow, that was entertaining.

Gamble1
04-08-2008, 01:19 PM
So if I live in Georgia I can expect more than twice the amount of violent crimes and atleast 1/3 more overall crime. ALL that for just 3 million more people.. I am so there...

Speed
04-08-2008, 01:22 PM
opposed too,,, Indiana

<TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255)" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Year</TD><TD>Population</TD><TD>Index</TD><TD>Violent</TD><TD>Property</TD><TD>Murder</TD><TD>Rape</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255)" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>2006 </TD><TD>6,313,520 </TD><TD>240,993 </TD><TD>19,876 </TD><TD>221,127 </TD><TD>369 </TD><TD>1,835 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Wander Indiana, we don't kill people as much as Georgia?

Speed
04-08-2008, 01:23 PM
So if I live in Georgia I can expect more than twice the amount of violent crimes and atleast 1/3 more overall crime. ALL that for just 3 million more people.. I am so there...

Well Tinsley lives there in the offseason, so you have to factor that into the numbers somehow....

duke dynamite
04-08-2008, 01:38 PM
This comment was funnier than any post on that page. :laugh:

Anthem
04-08-2008, 01:49 PM
When I was in high school my family moved from Indy (Lawrence North) to a FAR suburb of Chicago, where kids in my new homeroom called me a hick because I was from Indiana.

I pointed out to them (not very nicely) that their high school has a forest behind it, corn on one side, soybeans and a water tower on the other, and a pig farm between the school and the main road.

Ahh, memories.

duke dynamite
04-08-2008, 01:53 PM
ATLANTA:

Home of:

Michael Vick!

http://www.eastfairmont.com/blog/vick.jpg

But we have peaches!

http://rtmulcahy.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/summer-peaches.jpg

Where the Braves still suck, even with Glavine back!

http://www.microsoft.com/prophoto/images/icons/portfolio/rosato/04.jpg

We still have peaches!

http://www.worldcommunitycookbook.org/season/guide/photos/peaches.jpg

Where afros are making a comeback:

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/josh_childress-arton20911-240x240.jpg

But we STILL have peaches:

http://www.greengiantfresh.com/images/recipes/peach_cobbler.jpg

Where riots happen:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/11/08/timestopics/georgia.jpg

Where the Confederacy will rise again!

http://www.usaescape.com/images/GA/Georgia_Map_Flag.jpg

But they have peaches!

http://www.history.com/images/states/images/georgia/georgia-state-main.jpg

JayRedd
04-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Colbert is not gonna be happy about this.

LoneGranger33
04-08-2008, 01:58 PM
We need more stuff like this from other teams' fan forums. We should work on some kind of exchange-program where we send them JayRedd for...
Well, I haven't really thought out all the details, but that's how it would start.

BillS
04-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Yes but Atlanta is a pretty nice city.

:spitout:

Want to buy <a href="http://agents.metrobrokers.com/michael.topor/listingdetails?mlnum=3667302">my house</a>?

duke dynamite
04-08-2008, 02:01 PM

Yeah, but Georgia has more hillbillies than Indiana. I mean come on, their state flag has the Confederate flag in it!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s6YvXWz_WzE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s6YvXWz_WzE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

There goes them Duke boys again...

aceace
04-08-2008, 02:03 PM
I must admit that with Bibby they are a much better team. Tonight will be the game of the year in Indy. I would love to put some pressure on them. 2 out with 5 to go will still be a challenge.

ABADays
04-08-2008, 02:30 PM
I suppose fans can get that way after years of being the league doormat. Every city should strive to be one of the few teams in the playoffs with a losing record. And speaking of arrests, how about that Michael Vick!?! Hawks fans are just the overflow crowd of those who couldn't get into the televised Vick town meeting.

Other than that - nothing wrong with it.

grace
04-08-2008, 03:40 PM

When the Pacers come out and play like crap we'll know who to blame.

I'm sure the next Pacers slogan is in there somewhere.

duke dynamite
04-08-2008, 03:53 PM
When the Pacers come out and play like crap we'll know who to blame.

Aren't we optimistic? LOL :laugh:

jeffg-body
04-08-2008, 04:38 PM
I guess when you live in Georgia you have a lot of time on your hands because... finding a date is as easy as your family reunion.

Pacersfan46
04-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Some of it was funny, but that's the wrong franchises fans to be poking fun at anyone.

What do 8 lottery picks since 1999 get you? Apparently nobody as good as Chris Paul.

I don't care what happens with Marvin Williams .... to me that was the dumbest pick I've EVER seen. How do you have all those forwards, and pass on a franchise changing PG? Bibby is a very old sack of potatoes compared to Paul. I was laughing at them endlessly that night. Stupid.

-- Steve --

Moses
04-08-2008, 04:59 PM
*Slowly backs out of thread*

Los Angeles
04-08-2008, 05:04 PM

Unless you do the math per capita. Then it's "we're basically the same as Georgia ... only kind of different ... sort of."

Trader Joe
04-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I don't even know where to begin with this. The state of Indiana isn't that big of a farming state anymore. We make much more money off of manufacturing and industrial type jobs.

I blame Purdue for the continued misconception that we are farmers.

Hicks
04-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Unless you do the math per capita. Then it's "we're basically the same as Georgia ... only kind of different ... sort of."

I don't know, I think the answer to "Which one has the confederate flag in their state flag?" is game, set, and match.

Kaufman
04-08-2008, 05:30 PM
its easy to blame purdue for a lot of things.

JayRedd
04-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Purdue just makes me assume yall are drunks. I mean, Car Bombs are fun too but you don't see Notre Dame making a mascot out of it.

duke dynamite
04-08-2008, 05:53 PM
I don't know, I think the answer to "Which one has the confederate flag in their state flag?" is game, set, and match.
Bingo!

Roaming Gnome
04-08-2008, 05:55 PM
At least it is nice to be able to pick with fans of another team instead of other digest posters.

Who knows...this kind of stuff could even lead to a rivalry. Hell, I'd rather have a rival in the Hawks where we have a chance to beat them instead of acting like Detroit is our rivals only to get the **** kicked out of us each and every time we play them...

:shrug: who knows... Just sayin'!

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Yeah, that was clever - but someone does have way too much time on their hands - prob single and unemployed living their mom's basement.

Go Pacers!

Pacersfan46
04-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Read that thread now, it's rather hilarious. See what happens when you talk to much, your team doesn't fare so well. lol

-- Steve --

LoneGranger33
04-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Read that thread now, it's rather hilarious. See what happens when you talk to much, your team doesn't fare so well. lol

-- Steve --

Kofi
04-08-2008, 09:13 PM
The blew the #3 pick in the draft on the next Drew Gooden. I understand their fans being frustrated and angry. And Marvin Williams over Chris Paul? that's gonna sting for the rest of time.

duke dynamite
04-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Can we make my rendition of their slam at us more noticeable???

LOL

IN YO FACE!

Anthem
04-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Murder's the same, violence is better, rape is worse.

I wouldn't be bragging about that if I'm Indy.

OnlyPacersLeft
04-08-2008, 09:53 PM
look at the realgm poll...what will happen to Jermaine O'neal in the game...
poking fun at JO for being injured? that's nice! I thought JO played well early...well we took them to the shed tonight! Boy i'll hit the ceiling if we beat philly and they lose to new york...but the way things are these days...we probably lose by double digits to philly and the knicks either lose a close one or win and we fail to live up to our end of the bargain. That would be tough to stomach...

Erik
04-09-2008, 05:51 AM
Can't find it now, we must have beat them so bad it shut their forum down.

BillS
04-09-2008, 11:46 AM

Umm ... Mississippi?

GA no longer has the battle flag as a field in their state flag. The change was made a few years ago.

I'd be pretty careful comparing race issues considering attitudes in rural Indiana.

I can rag on Georgia for a lot of things, but watch out throwing stuff like this around lest it stick to the wrong target.

Gamble1
04-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Murder's the same, violence is better, rape is worse.

I wouldn't be bragging about that if I'm Indy.

You have to remember its not INDy its Indiana. I wonder what the stats would be if Gary wasn't in their.

JayRedd
04-09-2008, 12:59 PM
I wonder what the stats would be if Gary wasn't in their.

76 fewer trombones.

avoidingtheclowns
04-09-2008, 02:20 PM
76 fewer trombones.

nice :laugh:

grace
04-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Aren't we optimistic? LOL :laugh:

Don't dis my negative karma. It worked. You can thank me later.

Hicks
04-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Umm ... Mississippi?

GA no longer has the battle flag as a field in their state flag. The change was made a few years ago.

Noted. Of course, I don't recall our flag ever having it or something as offensive.

I'd be pretty careful comparing race issues considering attitudes in rural Indiana.

Oh it's bad here too. I'm being defensive because an outsider's taking shots at my home. But of course Indiana has a racism problem.

I can rag on Georgia for a lot of things, but watch out throwing stuff like this around lest it stick to the wrong target.

Got any suggestions? Now that the flag thing is off the table, I could use some new ammunition for if/when they strike again. :devil:

MyFavMartin
04-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Try NASCAR, Mountain Dew, Skoal, and the love of guys nicknamed Lil E?

If it wasn't for stock car racing, the world supply of crude oil would have lasted ten years longer.

BillS
04-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Noted. Of course, I don't recall our flag ever having it or something as offensive.

Oh it's bad here too. I'm being defensive because an outsider's taking shots at my home. But of course Indiana has a racism problem.

Got any suggestions? Now that the flag thing is off the table, I could use some new ammunition for if/when they strike again. :devil:

Oh, let me see...

Traffic. Attendance at anything other than football games. A completely dysfunctional Atlanta city government always fighting with Fulton county government. The fact that South Carolina actually grows more peaches. Needing to have "The Big Chicken" and "The Big Peach" as landmarks. Lack of street naming originality ("Hell, Clem, jest call it Peachtree.") The Recent Unpleasantness. Which state vegetable would you rather eat - corn or an onion?

I can probably come up with more, but don't want people to think bad of the place until the house sells :goodevil:

Kofi
04-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Ted "Hillbillionaire" Turner owns 2/3rds of the city of Atlanta.

Pro wrestling and NASCAR - the only "sports" that sell out on a regular basis in Georgia.

Their association with Coca-Cola as opposed to the much more hip Pepsi.

Kennesaw, Georgia - the only town in America where gun ownership is mandatory.

duke dynamite
04-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Pro wrestling and NASCAR - the only "sports" that sell out on a regular basis in Georgia.
I hope you are saying that pro wrestling isn't a sport, because Auto Racing is. A very entertaining one at that...

esabyrn333
04-10-2008, 10:55 AM
HAS ANYONE POINTED OUT THAT THE DOCUMENTARY CALLED DELIVERANCE TOOK PLACE IN THE FINE STATE OF GEORGIA :eek:
LOOKS LIKE THIS TIME WE MADE THEM SQUEEL LIKE A PIG THOUGH

Indianapolis_girly
04-11-2008, 05:38 PM
haha, sorry this comment is late but I wouldn't take much of this to heart. Considering Georgia is the homestate of Jeff Foxworthy, a very well noted "redneck" lol, just thought I would put that out there. :P &plus he was born in a suburb of Atlanta. FYI. They are just as much hicks down there than we are up here I think, if not more.

Naptown_Seth
04-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Purdue just makes me assume yall are drunks. I mean, Car Bombs are fun too but you don't see Notre Dame making a mascot out of it.
Are you not familiar with the ND mascot? He's Irish, he's fighting, he's way past ordering shots and probably didn't waste time watering them down by dropping them in beer.

If you are Irish you make your carbombs out of whiskey shots dropped into a pint of scotch. You know, like a real man. A real man who is wearing green and is hoping to mix it up later on.

Purdue - first man on the moon, end of discussion unless you want to talk about greatest basketball coach ever. There are people in Georgia who still don't believe that the moon landing even happened. This despite having the poor man's version of Purdue in GaTech.

Naptown_Seth
04-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Also the greatest baseball player to come from Georgia killed one dude and beat up a cripple who was heckling him.

And as mentioned, peaches are really more of a South Carolina thing, and being 2nd fiddle to SC isn't something you write home about.

There is a reason WT Sherman is an American hero and Atlanta is it. Too bad it didn't take.*
w00t - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman's_March_to_the_Sea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherman%27s_March_to_the_Sea)

*btw, I don't understand stats or reasonableness in this thread, if it's backed by facts and reason then it ain't funny (which explains why the peaches thing isn't that funny)

kester99
04-12-2008, 12:52 AM
As a resident of GA, but raised hoosier, I would like to point out two things.....1) IN has to have a better indoor toilet per capita ratio, and 2) GA Tech is one of the premier engineering schools in the world, while Purdue is...you know...Purdue.

Kemo
04-12-2008, 01:32 AM
LMAO ..

I come across this , in one of the other forums I frequent..

And I just happened to notice these teenagers were from...... ..
YEP... you guessed it ........ ATLANTA

lmfao..

http://www.break.com/index/worst-rap-battle-ever.html

short synopsis..

A Daily news show at an Atlanta High School holds rap competitions during lunch. Hip Hop is dead

heh

heh watch to the end..lol ... being into hip hop myself... I laughed my a** off even more..

the look on the one dude's face had me rollin'
therefore I warn ya , don't be drinking anything while viewing if you value your keyboard lmao

Anthem
04-12-2008, 08:20 AM
You have to remember its not INDy its Indiana.
Can anyone explain the significance of this comment to me?