PDA

View Full Version : I played the lottery 100 times on ESPN. Results . . .

Will Galen
04-08-2008, 10:30 AM
A couple days ago I played Chad Ford's lottery on ESPN 149 times before the Pacers finally moved up.

Lottery http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/lottery2008/mockdraft

NOTE; In the lottery the Pacers can only move up into one of the top three positions. If we don't do so we either pick where we finished in the league or we move back if a team in back of us moves up. The lottery was kind to me today. Our chance of getting the #1 pick from where we are now (11th) is .8%. I got it twice for 2%.

1] 2
2] 1
3] 5
11] 89
12 3

With our number 1 picks we took Rose both times. We also got him a 3rd time when we got the 2nd pick in the draft and Minnesota took Beasley. As for Minny taking Beasley, Ford's reasoning is Beasley and Jefferson would give Minny a devastating inside-out punch.

With our 5 number 3 picks we took Brook Lopez each time. Myself I would rather take a point guard at 3 and try to get his brother later.

With our 89 number 11 picks we took Augustin with 88 of them and Westbrook with the other. Westbrook was always available when we picked eleventh so it's likely we could have him instead of Augustin.

With our three number 12 picks we took Augustine twice and Love the other time.

Of course our picks are according to Chad Ford, but I thought it interesting.

themayhem87
04-08-2008, 10:34 AM
I would give anything for derrick rose, unfortunately we haven't been blessed with the best luck lately

Jonathan
04-08-2008, 10:38 AM
What is funny about Ford is he has DJ Augustine going to the Clippers if they do not have a top three pick everytime and he has no love Danillo G. He thinks we are drafting a PG 100% but you never know w/ Larry Bird.

Infinite MAN_force
04-08-2008, 10:40 AM
I think I would go with Bayless over Lopez #3.

RomanGabriel
04-08-2008, 10:41 AM
If we were to get the #3 pick and actually took Brook Lopez with it ....... I'd eat a bug.

OakMoses
04-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Whenever I do this, we take Augustin at #11 and the Kings take Westbrook #12. I think I'd cry if we took Augustin and Westbrook was still on the board.

Infinite MAN_force
04-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Westbrook would be a very good compliment to Diener, He can do everything Diener cant and vice-versa. I mean hell if we are gonna let Flip Murray start at PG Westbrook would be a big upgrade there.

yeah, right now Im between Westbrook and Mchgee. Im leaning toward Mchgee, who they have us taking on NBAdraft.net

rexnom
04-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Westbrook would be a very good compliment to Diener, He can do everything Diener cant and vice-versa. I mean hell if we are gonna let Flip Murray start at PG Westbrook would be a big upgrade there.

yeah, right now Im between Westbrook and Mchgee. Im leaning toward Mchgee, who they have us taking on NBAdraft.net
Uncle Buck would be a big upgrade over Flip Murray at PG.

LG33
04-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Uncle Buck would be a big upgrade over Flip Murray at PG.

Listen, he certainly has the offensive capability to play against some of the bigger guards, but his defensive liabilities are well-documented. (I'm talking about UB, of course)

Gamble1
04-08-2008, 11:42 AM

Have you heard of any news on Mcghee's anger management issues?

Gamble1
04-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Listen, he certainly has the offensive capability to play against some of the bigger guards, but his defensive liabilities are well-documented. (I'm talking about UB, of course)

Everyone knows that I am the only one to dominate shade in the post...

The Pacers have there 5'10 center right here.

Peck
04-08-2008, 12:30 PM
I must have the luck, second time I did the lottery we actually won the # 1 pick and chose Derrik Rose.:dance:

Speed
04-08-2008, 12:33 PM
I must have the luck, second time I did the lottery we actually won the # 1 pick and chose Derrik Rose.:dance:

I think we have our representative on draft lottery night.

Somebody get the guy who talks to the guy who talks to the guy who talks to they guy who talks to Larry on the phone.

Infinite MAN_force
04-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Have you heard of any news on Mcghee's anger management issues?

I think I read in one article that he has occasionally lost his composure on the court... hard to say because I haven't seen with my own eyes. I don't really have a problem with a player that plays with emotion, but there are boundries. Ill take that any day over a guy who has the oppisite problem, not caring, which is what I have heard about Deandre Jordan, and why I want to stay away from him.

Naptown_Seth
04-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Let me guess, you clicked the cold button on your keyboard. ;)

OakMoses
04-08-2008, 03:00 PM
I think I read in one article that he has occasionally lost his composure on the court... hard to say because I haven't seen with my own eyes. I don't really have a problem with a player that plays with emotion, but there are boundries. Ill take that any day over a guy who has the oppisite problem, not caring, which is what I have heard about Deandre Jordan, and why I want to stay away from him.

I also prefer McGee over Jordan. Just look at the stat comparison:

McGee - 27.3 mpg, 14.1 pts, 7.3 reb, 2.8 blk, 53% FG, 52% FT
Jordan - 20.1 mpg, 7.9 pts, 6.0 reb, 1.3 blk, 62% FG, 43% FT

I know the competition is better in the Big 12, but McGee's numbers are much better. It looks like rebounding is really the only area where Jordan has an edge. He's also slightly bigger. One thing to keep in mind is that while McGee's a sophomore and Jordan's a freshman, McGee is only 6 months older.

Ballerzfan
04-08-2008, 03:10 PM
If we end up with #3, I'd take Mayo.

Gamble1
04-08-2008, 03:21 PM
I also prefer McGee over Jordan. Just look at the stat comparison:

McGee - 27.3 mpg, 14.1 pts, 7.3 reb, 2.8 blk, 53% FG, 52% FT
Jordan - 20.1 mpg, 7.9 pts, 6.0 reb, 1.3 blk, 62% FG, 43% FT

I know the competition is better in the Big 12, but McGee's numbers are much better. It looks like rebounding is really the only area where Jordan has an edge. He's also slightly bigger. One thing to keep in mind is that while McGee's a sophomore and Jordan's a freshman, McGee is only 6 months older.

You also have to look at who they played right... BOth of these guys stats drop against good talent.

The only big question mark in my mind is if McGee can get some weight on and still be healthy. No knee "benders" or anything like that. I do like his ability to hit a 3 once and awhile.

rexnom
04-08-2008, 03:32 PM
If we end up with #3, I'd take Mayo.
Mayo is probably going to end up the third-best pro in this class - if not better. I would love for the Pacers to end up with a playmaker of his caliber.

Erik
04-08-2008, 05:40 PM
For me, 5 times in a row we had the #11, the 6th time we had D. Rose at #1.

Ownagedood
04-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Normally around the 20th time Ill get us with a good pick.. But today I got bored and did it.. It was probably 120 times until we got a good pick.. But we got Rose.

indyman37
04-08-2008, 06:07 PM
i've gotten the first pick within the first 19 tries every time. my personal best was three #1 picks and one #2 pick.

duke dynamite
04-08-2008, 06:28 PM
First 5 shots I got #11 for D.J. Augustin. 7th time I got #2 for Rose.

aceace
04-08-2008, 10:04 PM
There could still be some players enter the draft that could shake things up a bit. Hansbrough "could" go 10th and change everything.

Shade
04-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Everyone knows that I am the only one to dominate shade in the post...

Keep dreamin'. :-p

I still want a forum game, dammit!

Shade
04-08-2008, 10:20 PM
i've gotten the first pick within the first 19 tries every time. my personal best was three #1 picks and one #2 pick.

60% of the time, it works ALL the time.

Hoop
04-09-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm bad luck, it took over 50 times to get in the top 3. Then, it was 3rd and we picked Brook Lopez.
Not my idea of winning in the lotto. Rose or Mayo would be nice, not holding my breath though.

Will Galen
04-09-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm bad luck, it took over 50 times to get in the top 3. Then, it was 3rd and we picked Brook Lopez. Not my idea of winning in the lotto. Rose or Mayo would be nice, not holding my breath though.

Worst possible good luck is what I've been calling getting the third pick.

The way they do the draft is they uncover team logos from 14 down to 1. So if we finish with the 11th pick and Stern uncovers #11 and it's Chicago we know we've moved into the top three.

Think what a bummer it would be if Stern then uncovered the Pacers logo at 3. That would kill me to be ever so close to getting an impact player and coming up short.

Think about it!

BPump33
04-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Think about it!

Do I have to? :blush:

blanket
04-09-2008, 04:08 PM

The way they do the draft is they uncover team logos from 14 down to 1. So if we finish with the 11th pick and Stern uncovers #11 and it's Chicago we know we've moved into the top three.

Think what a bummer it would be if Stern then uncovered the Pacers logo at 3. That would kill me to be ever so close to getting an impact player and coming up short.

Think about it!

If we get 3rd, would it be better to take a player like Mayo or Bayless, or to trade down with a team that has mulitple first round picks like the Suns, Nets, Sonics or Griz? I could certainly see the Suns or Nets going for it, since their picks are not likely to be as high as the Griz and Sonics.

Will Galen
04-09-2008, 04:30 PM
If we get 3rd, would it be better to take a player like Mayo or Bayless, or to trade down with a team that has mulitple first round picks like the Suns, Nets, Sonics or Griz? I could certainly see the Suns or Nets going for it, since their picks are not likely to be as high as the Griz and Sonics.

I've read there's two impact players in this draft, then about 8 that are really good. (That would be 7 now since Griffin is going back to school.) So we could probably trade up three or four spots and still get someone we wanted. It would probably depend on where Bayless or Westbrook were stated to go. I don't see Bird taking Mayo, we've been burned to many times lately by guys with questionable character issues.

BillS
04-09-2008, 04:32 PM

Think about it!

OK, we know you and Stern have never been photographed together, so if this happens he's either reading your mind or ... or ... or ...

Will Galen
04-09-2008, 05:38 PM
OK, we know you and Stern have never been photographed together, so if this happens he's either reading your mind or ... or ... or ...

. . . or I read his. :devil: