06-10-2004, 11:49 PM
Try to be unbiased

Right , I dunno think that's possiable here :laugh:

Suaveness
06-11-2004, 12:08 AM
If healthy, Pacers are better.

efx
06-11-2004, 12:09 AM
If the lakers can be healthy in the way they were in the beginning of the regular season and playing they way they did back then, then no team is better than team.

Unclebuck
06-11-2004, 12:39 AM
I asked this same question in another thread.

I honestly think the Pacers are better, if healthy.

That is why I pray that the Pacers don't overreact and change the team too much

sweabs
06-11-2004, 12:41 AM
Yeah I agree with you UB.

The Lakers honestly put on the WORST defensive display since watching Dallas. The Pistons were getting any shot they wanted.

Ultimate Frisbee
06-11-2004, 12:46 AM
i wanna vote for detroit!!!

bulletproof
06-11-2004, 12:48 AM

That is why I pray that the Pacers don't overreact and change the team too much

Oh c'mon, UB. Do you really think DW "overreacts?" If they make significant changes, it will be with good reason.

Miller_time04
06-11-2004, 12:49 AM
Pacers are number 1 if healthy.

ChicagoJ
06-11-2004, 04:38 PM
Why weren't the Pistons one of the choices? I still think a healthy Pacers team would be #1.

SkipperZ
06-11-2004, 04:40 PM
I think San Antonio has a case too.

Damn Fisher...

beast23
06-11-2004, 06:36 PM

That is why I pray that the Pacers don't overreact and change the team too much1. Pistons
2. Pacers
3. LA / SA
4. SA/LA
5. TWolves
6. Sacramento
7. Miami
8. Nets
9. Dallas
10. Who cares....

I think that a healthy Pacers team is in the hunt with anybody.

I've said in other threads that I don't know if the Pacers would have beaten the Pistions if JO and Tinsley had remained healthy. I think it would have been close, but the Pistons may have had the edge.

But with better perimeter shooting, I would lean towards the Pacers being the better team. And if you give me better perimeter shooting and one more usable, stronger big body on the interior to fight against Sheed and Ben, then I have absolutely no doubt that the Pacers would have won it in 5 or 6.

So, although I don't want extreme change, I do want a couple of new faces next season.

I want a shooting guard that is willing and able to hit the perimeter shot at any time during the game. And to provide me a comfort level and knowledge of absolutely knowing that we have such a player, I'd just as soon it be someone we acquire, and not Freddie. Freddie may well grow into that player, but I'm impatient and I'd rather have that peace of mind going into the season, and not just sitting in my seat game after game waiting for Freddie to emerge. And at least for today, this SG is what we need as an absolute minimum going into next season.

A second player that would be nice is one that would provide more size and more strength at center. Either in front of Jeff or behind Jeff, I really don't care. As long as he's suited up and available when we need him.

If we don't land player #2, then I can live with that for another year because more than likely an SG alone will open up the middle and make things much easier for JO, Ron, Jeff and Austin.... and Al if he's still with us.

Ultimate Frisbee
06-11-2004, 07:40 PM
1.) LA
2.) Indy
3.) San Antonio
4.) Detroit
5.) Minnesota
6.) Sacramento
7.) New Jersey
8.) Dallas

The playoffs aren't over yet!!!

SpADeD