PDA

View Full Version : Double deep discount on Tinsley Jerseys... What does it mean?

Roaming Gnome
04-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Well, after the game against Miami on Tuesday, on my way out I noticed that they had Tinsley's "swingman" jersey on sale for $20. I kind of snickered as I walked out wondering if that was a sign of his future here with the team.

Well, tonight when I went to the game... the same Tinsley jerseys were price slashed again to the unbelievable price of $10. A normally $75 jersey was selling for $10. This being for a guy that was currently on the team. I couldn't pass it up considering that they had my size and it was only $10. When I went to pay for it, I joked with the clerk that this was a sure sign this player wouldn't be here much longer. The clerk just gave me a grin like he wanted to laugh, but then told me that his jersey has been very hard to move and that is the reason for the discount. I thought he was full of it untill Mal pointed out to me that the only other time a player's jersey ever seems to get discounted here is AFTER a trade, not before it.

Anyway, I just figured this was worthy of a mention whether you wanted to purchase one of these, or just wanted to play with what message the front office might be sending to the fans before the season is even over.

As a little side note, tonight was my 6 year old daughter's first Pacer game... She loved it and is asking to go back to more. She was bored at first, but as the crowd was really getting into that 4th quarter comeback...she was following along right with it. I didn't reallize it would be this easy to make a Pacer fan.

Shade
04-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Did they have any Williams jerseys?

BlueNGold
04-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Well...when you have a clearance sale it does usually mean that product will never be sold again. If they are virtually giving these away, I think we may have seen the last of Tinsley in a Pacer uni. ...particularly after Diener's performance tonight...

Slick Pinkham
04-06-2008, 09:58 PM
$10 is a lot to pay for a cleaning rag, and it might not be soft enough to rub in the turtle wax without scratching the surface.

wait.....

are you planning to WEAR it?

:devil:

Los Angeles
04-06-2008, 10:00 PM
It means that they have too many in stock. In other words, they ordered a lot of them and nobody has been buying them.

Shade
04-06-2008, 10:07 PM
If you guys truly want Tinsley gone, pony up $20 and Seth and I will each nab one of these jerseys at the next home game. ;)

BlueNGold
04-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Hmmm. I wonder if I should pick one up and make a trip to the sporting goods store and put #33 on it...

Oneal07
04-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Id get one, but they'd charge me 50$ shipping and handling, lol, so I'm pretty much paying regular price hahah

ABADays
04-06-2008, 10:14 PM
If I can think of a way to get the s off his name I could tell people it was the new Chinese sensation on the way to the Pacers - Tin Ley. Then I might buy one. But I couldn't pay $10.00 for a Tinsley jersey any other way.

Naptown_Seth
04-06-2008, 10:44 PM
If you guys truly want Tinsley gone, pony up $20 and Seth and I will each nab one of these jerseys at the next home game. ;)
I need to get a BLR seat too so I can get him to sign it after the game.

Cue drama prairie dog as soon as I do.

bnd45
04-06-2008, 10:55 PM
I just ordered one. With shipping it came to 16 bucks.

Not bad for what would've been around 90 bucks at full price.

TheSauceMaster
04-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Well, after the game against Miami on Tuesday, on my way out I noticed that they had Tinsley's "swingman" jersey on sale for $20. I kind of snickered as I walked out wondering if that was a sign of his future here with the team.

Well, tonight when I went to the game... the same Tinsley jerseys were price slashed again to the unbelievable price of $10. A normally $75 jersey was selling for $10. This being for a guy that was currently on the team. I couldn't pass it up considering that they had my size and it was only $10. When I went to pay for it, I joked with the clerk that this was a sure sign this player wouldn't be here much longer. The clerk just gave me a grin like he wanted to laugh, but then told me that his jersey has been very hard to move and that is the reason for the discount. I thought he was full of it untill Mal pointed out to me that the only other time a player's jersey ever seems to get discounted here is AFTER a trade, not before it.

Anyway, I just figured this was worthy of a mention whether you wanted to purchase one of these, or just wanted to play with what message the front office might be sending to the fans before the season is even over.

As a little side note, tonight was my 6 year old daughter's first Pacer game... She loved it and is asking to go back to more. She was bored at first, but as the crowd was really getting into that 4th quarter comeback...she was following along right with it. I didn't reallize it would be this easy to make a Pacer fan.

You got my hopes up so high and slammed me back to the ground. :censored:

MyFavMartin
04-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Does it come with blood or bullet holes?

rexnom
04-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Does it come with blood or bullet holes?
Customization, baby.

duke dynamite
04-06-2008, 11:16 PM
I need to get a BLR seat too so I can get him to sign it after the game.

Cue drama prairie dog as soon as I do.
Yeah, they were on sale for $10 tonight. All the excess Reebok ones were on sale, too. The funny thing is that this night, EVERYONE was wearing a Tinsley jersey.

The BLR passes are awesome, can't wait for the 16th to roll around.

MyFavMartin
04-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Customization, baby.

So I'll practice taking a punch while someone shouts "Do you know who I am M****F******?

dohman
04-07-2008, 02:04 AM
wow 10 dollars matches the amount of games he plays every year.. 10!

andreialta
04-07-2008, 02:11 AM
i got my 2nd Mike Dunleavy Jersey 3 days before he got traded! to you guys! haha

tdubb03
04-07-2008, 02:17 AM
It means that they have too many in stock. In other words, they ordered a lot of them and nobody has been buying them.

Pretty much. I mean, whoda thunk Tinsley would have missed a good chunk of the season? Don't over analyze guys, I'm sure they're just trying to dump their inventory.

Robertmto
04-07-2008, 02:53 AM
Jeff Foster jerseys were 20 bucks as well.....so ummmmmmmm

duke dynamite
04-07-2008, 03:34 AM
Pretty much. I mean, whoda thunk Tinsley would have missed a good chunk of the season? Don't over analyze guys, I'm sure they're just trying to dump their inventory.
Yeah, apparently they just had more Tinsley Reebok jerseys than the others. They did have all the other players Reebok on sale. Foster, O'Neal, Granger, Daniels, and Dunleavy we all $20. This included mainly replica, but few swingman jerseys were available.

Also, the Reebok swingman ($30ish) and authentic ($40ish) shorts were buy one get one free.

What I was told was that the league sent out a message to all the merchandising of the teams and told them to do whatever they could to get rid of anything Reebok. Since Adidas bought them a couple years back they want everything to be consistent when it comes to branding. They did something similar to this when Reebok took exclusive rights to the NBA some years back, and the Pacers were left with a lot of Champion branded jerseys.

dohman
04-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Jeff Foster jerseys were 20 bucks as well.....so ummmmmmmm

Yeah as a deal to his rebounds per 48 min 20!

BPump33
04-07-2008, 01:26 PM
I bought the away swingman shorts last year and they are extremely comfortable, so yesterday when I saw they were half off and buy one get one I had to get the home shorts.........

Not to change the thread topic, but I have wanted a Diener jersey pretty much all season and I have been afraid to buy one. What do you think the chances are of Diener getting traded in the offseason? I think his value has went up this year, but I would hate to see him go. I think he is a very solid backup PG and IF he could play defense would be a legitimate starter.

NuffSaid
04-07-2008, 02:00 PM
I bought the away swingman shorts last year and they are extremely comfortable, so yesterday when I saw they were half off and buy one get one I had to get the home shorts.........

Not to change the thread topic, but I have wanted a Diener jersey pretty much all season and I have been afraid to buy one. What do you think the chances are of Diener getting traded in the offseason? I think his value has went up this year, but I would hate to see him go. I think he is a very solid backup PG and IF he could play defense would be a legitimate starter.
Travis will stay. He may not be scoring in bunches (often), but you don't throw away a player with his asst-to-turnover ratio! They guy just doesn't make very many mistakes and that's one of the things you want from a "starting" PG.

Okay, so he may not be a starter, but he's a very good back-up. I'd keep him if I were Bird.

BPump33
04-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Travis will stay. He may not be scoring in bunches (often), but you don't throw away a player with his asst-to-turnover ratio! They guy just doesn't make very many mistakes and that's one of the things you want from a "starting" PG.

Okay, so he may not be a starter, but he's a very good back-up. I'd keep him if I were Bird.

I feel the same way, I just don't know if someone will want him as a piece to a bigger trade. I think I should probably wait until next season to buy it, but I really don't want to.

Jonathan
04-07-2008, 03:44 PM

Why you have gotten off topic I have been looking for a Damon Bailey 22 Pacer's Jersey for awhile now. Where can I obtain one? Go buy a Diener jersey, I still have an Artest 23 and I duct-taped over his name and wrote my own last name in Sharpie. It is a classic out door balling jersey!!

JayRedd
04-07-2008, 03:48 PM
I think there are about to be a new Jamaal Tinsley fans in Sierra Leone in about a month.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/04/sports/football/04gear.html?hp&ex=1170565200&en=ed90dc45f2357c3a&ei=5094&partner=homepage

BPump33
04-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Why you have gotten off topic I have been looking for a Damon Bailey 22 Pacer's Jersey for awhile now. Where can I obtain one? Go buy a Diener jersey, I still have an Artest 23 and I duct-taped over his name and wrote my own last name in Sharpie. It is a classic out door balling jersey!!

I just went to ebay and typed "Damon Bailey" and a couple of jerseys popped up. I'm not sure what size you are, but you should probably give that a shot.

Indianapolis_girly
04-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Yeah, apparently they just had more Tinsley Reebok jerseys than the others. They did have all the other players Reebok on sale. Foster, O'Neal, Granger, Daniels, and Dunleavy we all $20. This included mainly replica, but few swingman jerseys were available.

Also, the Reebok swingman ($30ish) and authentic ($40ish) shorts were buy one get one free.

What I was told was that the league sent out a message to all the merchandising of the teams and told them to do whatever they could to get rid of anything Reebok. Since Adidas bought them a couple years back they want everything to be consistent when it comes to branding. They did something similar to this when Reebok took exclusive rights to the NBA some years back, and the Pacers were left with a lot of Champion branded jerseys.
I noticed this too, my mom and I couldn't believe that they were that cheap, but that makes sense that they would do that.

OnlyPacersLeft
04-07-2008, 08:50 PM
cut tinsley? how stupid that would be. Dang did they have any yellow ones? if not can someone pick me one of these up for 10$? size 48-52...If so i'd be forever thankful!

duke dynamite
04-07-2008, 08:59 PM
cut tinsley? how stupid that would be. Dang did they have any yellow ones? if not can someone pick me one of these up for 10$? size 48-52...If so i'd be forever thankful!
Only Reebok, sorry.

OnlyPacersLeft
04-07-2008, 09:52 PM
a rbk white would be awesome XXL...if someone can pick me one up lmk!

Dece
04-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Man, is there anyway to order one of these 10 dollar jerseys online? I never see them cheaper than 50.

ThA HoyA
04-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Man, is there anyway to order one of these 10 dollar jerseys online? I never see them cheaper than 50.

http://www.consecofieldhouse.com/dept.asp?cat=167&xmnid=166

heres the direct link for it.

idioteque
04-08-2008, 12:37 AM
I think there are about to be a new Jamaal Tinsley fans in Sierra Leone in about a month.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/04/sports/football/04gear.html?hp&ex=11705 (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/04/sports/football/04gear.html?hp&ex=1170565200&en=ed90dc45f2357c3a&ei=5094&partner=homepage)
65200&en=ed90dc45f2357c3a&ei=5094&partner=homepage (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/04/sports/football/04gear.html?hp&ex=1170565200&en=ed90dc45f2357c3a&ei=5094&partner=homepage)

Can someone get this kid a jersey?

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/10/bearswear.jpg

It would be an even bigger assist to the city of Indianapolis than sporting that Bears gear.

duke dynamite
04-08-2008, 03:05 AM
Think these are bargains...just wait until the last game of the season...

Oh, I can't wait for those deals!!!

rexnom
04-08-2008, 04:58 AM
Has anybody else gotten their check from Ron Artest yet?

OnlyPacersLeft
04-08-2008, 10:15 PM
lol@the ron comment...I remember some idiot after he got suspended for the season buying a # 91 ron artest throwback jersey. He never wore it on the court at all...LOL

Shade
04-08-2008, 10:30 PM
lol@the ron comment...I remember some idiot after he got suspended for the season buying a # 91 ron artest throwback jersey. He never wore it on the court at all...LOL

I bought my Artest jersey less than a month before the brawl. :(

Haggard
04-08-2008, 11:02 PM
$10 is pretty cool.. i'll have to ship it halfway around the world... is the tinsley name stitched onto the jersey?

if so i will have to unpick it and change it to say 'STYLIN' or 'IN STYLE' or 'LISTEN' or something.

madison
04-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Forget the low price on the JT jersey. I did not seem him on the bench either tonight or Sunday. The team says he's done for the season. Still, isn't he supposed to be on the bench? I suspect his absence from the team during a true playoff hunt is more telling than the price of an overstocked retail item. Anyone have a clue if his absence is/was excused?

duke dynamite
04-09-2008, 01:44 AM
Forget the low price on the JT jersey. I did not seem him on the bench either tonight or Sunday. The team says he's done for the season. Still, isn't he supposed to be on the bench? I suspect his absence from the team during a true playoff hunt is more telling than the price of an overstocked retail item. Anyone have a clue if his absence is/was excused?
Umm, this is why they are so cheap. No one wanted a Tinsley jersey at full price and Reebok is not the official team apparel provider anymore since Adidas bought them. They had to mark down whatever they couldn't sell.

I wouldn't worry about Tinsley not showing up to the games. Him cheering on his team is for his own benefit anyway.

duke dynamite
04-09-2008, 01:56 AM
$10 is pretty cool.. i'll have to ship it halfway around the world... is the tinsley name stitched onto the jersey?
if so i will have to unpick it and change it to say 'STYLIN' or 'IN STYLE' or 'LISTEN' or something.
LOL, that's why it is a Tinsley jersey.

I would wait until the last game of the season, I would expect them to be a little cheaper...

Dece
04-09-2008, 02:24 AM
Thanks for the heads up and links guys, I just ordered one. I'm totally stoked, so stoked I in fact am using the word stoked which was previously believed to have died out years ago.

Haggard
04-09-2008, 08:58 PM
i emailed the Homecourt Backoffice regarding internationl shipping and they advised me it was "$40 + the standard shipping rate"..

What a rort.

duke dynamite
04-09-2008, 09:00 PM
i emailed the Homecourt Backoffice regarding internationl shipping and they advised me it was "$40 + the standard shipping rate"..

What a rort.
Where do you live?

count55
04-09-2008, 09:11 PM
I couldn't bring myself to get a Droopy jersey, even at $10, but I sprung for the Junior jersey at $20.

I think that puts me at 37 jerseys, now.

Haggard
04-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Where do you live?

Australia.

Not that I know how much it would cost to send a parcel thjrough the USPS to Australia.

duke dynamite
04-09-2008, 09:24 PM
I can get you $10.10 for international postage to Australia.

These jerseys do not weigh over a pound. Less than as a matter of fact.

duke dynamite
04-09-2008, 09:29 PM
a rbk white would be awesome XXL...if someone can pick me one up lmk!
Where do you live?

OnlyPacersLeft
04-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Where do you live?
orlando florida...
lmk man!

I would deff wear one of these...I have a nice little collection of signed things/cards going of JT and this would be awesome.

duke dynamite
04-10-2008, 12:33 PM
orlando florida...
lmk man!

I would deff wear one of these...I have a nice little collection of signed things/cards going of JT and this would be awesome.
Shipping would only be 8 bucks...I love those Priority Mail boxes they give you at the post office.