PDA

View Full Version : Whirlwind college tour goes sour IMPO

indygeezer
04-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Xavier and Ball State this week

IU and Butler very recently

Depauw and Michigan some time back.

and so the little creep falls in love with Ball State yesterday.

and so did Geezerette. :hmm::cry::censored:

I guess they really did it up right and showed him and sis a whole heapa personal attention. Took them to both the school of music and the Letterman Communications school.
So big deal..they have a student mall on campus (or some such silliness)
so what if they have a world class recording studio and telecommunications department.
THEIR TEAMS SUX!

I was unable to go on the tour, I'm in middle of negotiations and couldn't leave.

did I mention I hate BSU. In my day if you couldn't get into anywhere else you either went to Ball U or Indiana State. I went to Indiana State...Mrs Geezer went to BSU (MUCH later than I).

did I mention I hate the town of Muncie? We spent several weeks there embroild in suing a local women. Mrs. G's brother was arrested there as a student and thrown into jail. They finally recognized he needed medical attention and not arrest so they sent him to the hospital. But by then it was too late...he died of a brain tumor. The two things happend within months of each other and I haven't been able to stand the town since...and that's been about 18 years. It tore me up too much to see what Mrs G was going thru.

But if that is where they finally choose.............(vomit) I guess that is their choice.

it is a whole heluvalot cheaper

Spicoli
04-02-2008, 08:54 AM
it is a whole heluvalot cheaper

That's gotta count for something right? Maybe your kids are just looking out for your best interests. :D

indygeezer
04-02-2008, 10:37 AM
That's gotta count for something right? Maybe your kids are just looking out for your best interests. :D

They don't wanna have to pay off my debt outta their insurance inheritances???

Spicoli
04-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Good point. They sound smart.

Putnam
04-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Geez. I went to Ball State.

Which means I'm not going to argue with anything you said, or try to defend either the school or the town of Muncie. Even apart from the personal tragedy, Muncie is :shudder:

Mine's in Evansville.

Trader Joe
04-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Geezer, you give me two days with the kid, and I'll have him clamoring to come to IU. ;)

Is he a DMB (Dave Matthews Band) they are giving a FREE concert this Sunday at Assembly Hall in support of Obama (I know, I know.) However, the concert should be fantastic and I'd imagine Geez Jr. is a DMB fan since he is into music. That is an oppurtunity you could only get by going to IU.

avoidingtheclowns
04-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Geezer, you give me two days with the kid, and I'll have him clamoring to come to IU. ;)

Is he a DMB (Dave Matthews Band) they are giving a FREE concert this Sunday at Assembly Hall in support of Obama (I know, I know.) However, the concert should be fantastic and I'd imagine Geez Jr. is a DMB fan since he is into music. That is an oppurtunity you could only get by going to IU.

i've always found being into music and liking dave matthews to be mutually exclusive.

Trader Joe
04-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Its technically a Dave and Tim concert, but still my point stands.

Eindar
04-03-2008, 11:46 PM
I think if they wanted to give them the true BSU experience, they should have just hooked them up to a tequila IV and locked them in a bathroom where they could puke all weekend.

At least, that's the experience most of the people I know who went to BSU had.