PDA

View Full Version : What player in return would it take for you to trade Ron Artest

Unclebuck
06-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Diamond Dave got me to thinking. What players would you trade artest for

I want names. Assume salaries don't matter, assume we know all there is to know about Ron

here is my list. Of who I would trade Ron. There a few no brainers

1) Duncan
2) Garnett
3) Kobe
4) McGrady
5) Shaq - even though he is getting older
6) Kidd -

I call those the no-brainers. The next group is where it gets interesting

Pierce - no
Dirk - No
Nash - no
Baron Davis - no
Lebron James - maybe he deserves to be in the no-brainer group - yes
Iverson - no
Mello - no
Wade - maybe
Manu - no
Ben Wallace - no
Rip Hamilton - no
Marbury - no way
Yao - maybe
Francis - no
Stoudamire - no
Ray Allen - no
Redd - no

I know I am forgetting a lot of players. but I count 7 yes and 2 maybe. That is how valuable I think Artest is

Roy Munson
06-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Diamond Dave got me to thinking. What players would you trade artest for

I want names. Assume salaries don't matter, assume we know all there is to know about Ron

here is my list. Of who I would trade Ron. There a few no brainers

1) Duncan
2) Garnett
3) Kobe
4) McGrady
5) Shaq - even though he is getting older
6) Kidd -

I call those the no-brainers. The next group is where it gets interesting

Pierce - no
Dirk - No
Nash - no
Baron Davis - no
Lebron James - maybe he deserves to be in the no-brainer group - yes
Iverson - no
Mello - no
Wade - maybe
Manu - no
Ben Wallace - no
Rip Hamilton - no
Marbury - no way
Yao - maybe
Francis - no
Stoudamire - no
Ray Allen - no
Redd - no

I know I am forgetting a lot of players. but I count 7 yes and 2 maybe. That is how valuable I think Artest is

Arcadian
06-07-2004, 05:43 PM
I basically agree with your list. I'd put Pierce on the Maybe list and if something were added to Allen I'd look at that.

I would like to add that if it looked like McGrady were going to be traded (and I think it does) the Pacers should make a serious run at him especially if it looked like he was going to an EC team.

Outside of that possiblity I would say that trading Al for a 2 who would undoubtable (not Leonard) start over Reggie would be the best choice. (Q Richardson would be my first choice because it would give me a reason to watch Clipper games again.)

Ant
06-07-2004, 05:44 PM
T mac, Kobe, KG, Duncan, Lebron, Yao, I guess you gotta throw Shaq in there also, thats it.

Roy Munson
06-07-2004, 05:44 PM
I hit the button before I made my comment...sorry....

Ben Wallace -yes
Baron Davis -yes
Carmelo -yes
Rip -yes

ChicagoJ
06-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Although T-Mac intrigues me, I think a package of Ron + Austin could bring back a great player or perhaps even better: two very, very, very good players, so that could be an effective way to re-balance the Pacers roster. Could Ron + Austin net Dampier + Jason Richardson? (UB, would that cause you to consider suicide?)

Since we all agree Austin is overpaid, pairing him with a relative 'bargain' like Ron makes him easier to move.

Just a thought...

Diamond Dave
06-07-2004, 05:59 PM
All of your no brainers, except Jason Kidd. Would not trade Artest for Kidd, however I would trade Artest for the following:

Michael Redd
Lebron
Wade
Darko.......just kidding
Hamilton
Yao

and probably a few others but I gotta go. Work is over

LAPacer
06-07-2004, 06:00 PM
I didn't think Ron was a shoe-in for a top 10 player. He is only an all NBA third team (top 15) player. But after you reading this post, there are only 7 no brainers. Maybe if we could fill 2 positions with his loss, that would be ideal.

Roaming Gnome
06-07-2004, 06:11 PM
Duncan only!

beast23
06-07-2004, 06:30 PM
It's interesting, even fun, to play "what ifs".

But the problem that I had with the other threads where folks say something like, "Hell yes. I'd trade Ron for T-Mac" for example, is that it is NOT possible to make the trade.

Ron is a young player, on his second contract and is far from having a max salary. And just about any player that you really might want to trade Ron for is making substantially more per year than Ron is.

At the other end of the spectrum you have players on their rookie contracts, for example Yao, who looks so promising to his own team that they would never be willing to trade him. Not even for Ron Artest.

So I basically see suggestions like let's trade Ron for T-Mac and I just start laughing. Folks, it isn't going to happen!!! By the time Larry and Donnie would get done throwing in the other players, their response would be something like, "Geez, we really don't want to trade Ron straight up, now we got to throw in all these other guys, too?".

Buck, I know your thread is merely hypothetical, just to see what kind of value most of our members put on Ron. I just have a hard time even considering a straight up $6M Ron for $14M T-Mac trade when I know that it would involve signficantly more impact on our team than what is on the surface.

And that is something that many of the others don't seem to be grasping in the other threads.

Bottom line is, there probably isn't a player with a comparable salary that I would trade Ron straight up for. He's about as good as you can get for SF at his price.

Kegboy
06-07-2004, 06:47 PM
It's interesting, even fun, to play "what ifs".

But the problem that I had with the other threads where folks say something like, "Hell yes. I'd trade Ron for T-Mac" for example, is that it is NOT possible to make the trade.

Ron is a young player, on his second contract and is far from having a max salary. And just about any player that you really might want to trade Ron for is making substantially more per year than Ron is.

At the other end of the spectrum you have players on their rookie contracts, for example Yao, who looks so promising to his own team that they would never be willing to trade him. Not even for Ron Artest.

So I basically see suggestions like let's trade Ron for T-Mac and I just start laughing. Folks, it isn't going to happen!!! By the time Larry and Donnie would get done throwing in the other players, their response would be something like, "Geez, we really don't want to trade Ron straight up, now we got to throw in all these other guys, too?".

Buck, I know your thread is merely hypothetical, just to see what kind of value most of our members put on Ron. I just have a hard time even considering a straight up $6M Ron for $14M T-Mac trade when I know that it would involve signficantly more impact on our team than what is on the surface.

And that is something that many of the others don't seem to be grasping in the other threads.

Bottom line is, there probably isn't a player with a comparable salary that I would trade Ron straight up for. He's about as good as you can get for SF at his price.

I don't think anyone in the Pacers organization would have a problem with throwing in Croshere to make the salaries match. Now, you can say Orlando wouldn't want him, which is probably true. But that doesn't mean we wouldn't make the trade.

[edit] Of course, I forgot Ron's BYC, which F's everything up. Still, we could just throw in Pollard too, and if Orlando has to throw some junk in, so be it. I still don't see the Pacers having a problem with that. Orlando might, be we don't care what they think. :D

beast23
06-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Kegboy -

I suppose that is true. And, I'll admit that you never know what a GM will do when forced into a corner. After all, look at our trade last summer.

I would respond with what I would do. But that would get us off-topic from Buck's intentions. I just couldn't sacrifice Ron.

MSA2CF
06-07-2004, 07:38 PM
Bolded are the players I deem wantable (:D) for Ron Artest:

1. Tracy McGrady (Orlando Magic)
2. Predrag Stojakovic (Sacramento Kings)
2. Kevin Garnett (Minnesota Timberwolves)
4. Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers)
5. Paul Pierce (Boston Celtics)
6. Baron Davis (New Orleans Hornets)
7. Vince Carter (Toronto Raptors)
8. Tim Duncan (San Antonio Spurs)
9. Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks)
10. Michael Redd (Milwaukee Bucks)
11. Shaquille O'Neal (Los Angeles Lakers)
12. Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets)
13. LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers)
14. Corey Maggette (Los Angeles Clippers)
15. Stephon Marbury (New York Knicks)
16. Jermaine O'Neal (Indiana Pacers) :laugh:
16. Zach Randolph (Portland Trail Blazers)
18. Sam Cassell (Minnesota Timberwolves)
19. Shawn Marion (Phoenix Suns)
20. Jason Richardson (Golden State Warriors)
21. Michael Finley (Dallas Mavericks)
22. Richard Jefferson (New Jersey Nets)
23. Mike Bibby (Sacramento Kings)
24. Ron Artest (Indiana Pacers)
25. Stephen Jackson (Atlanta Hawks)
26. Rashard Lewis (Seattle SuperSonics)
27. Pau Gasol (Memphis Grizzlies)
28. Richard Hamilton (Detroit Pistons)
29. Yao Ming (Houston Rockets)
30. Eddie Jones (Miami Heat)
30. Jamal Crawford (Chicago Bulls)
32. Lamar Odom (Miami Heat)
33. Juwan Howard (Orlando Magic)
34. Chauncey Billups (Detroit Pistons)
35. Jason Terry (Atlanta Hawks)
35. Latrell Sprewell (Minnesota Timberwolves)
37. Joe Johnson (Phoenix Suns)
38. Steve Francis (Houston Rockets)
39. Andrei Kirilenko (Utah Jazz)
40. Shareef Abdur-Rahim (Portland Trail Blazers)
41. Keith Van Horn (Milwaukee Bucks)
42. Cuttino Mobley (Houston Rockets)
43. Carlos Boozer (Cleveland Cavaliers)
44. Zydrunas Ilgauskas (Cleveland Cavaliers)
45. Andre Miller (Denver Nuggets)
45. Antawn Jamison (Dallas Mavericks)
47. Donyell Marshall (Toronto Raptors)
47. Eddy Curry (Chicago Bulls)
47. Tony Parker (San Antonio Spurs)
50. Gary Payton (Los Angeles Lakers)

Elton Brand

MagicRat
06-07-2004, 07:43 PM
Shoot, I'd trade Ron for a 140-hour TiVo, but I don't think anybody would recognize my authority to do it....... :blush: :rolleyes: :P :(

MarionDeputy
06-07-2004, 07:48 PM
Shoot, I'd trade Ron for a 140-hour TiVo, but I don't think anybody would recognize my authority to do it....... :blush: :rolleyes: :P :(

I love Ron, but I'd probably trade him a 140 hour TiVo too!! :blush:

Bball
06-07-2004, 08:10 PM

Talk to Jamaal and Freddy... they know a guy who can work you a deal on a Tivo at Best Buy!

:P

;)

-Bball

Ragnar
06-07-2004, 08:18 PM
Rons base year is not a factor. That expired at the end of the season. I would trade him for T-Mac or Duncan but other than that I would rather keep him. If it fills a need then I could see it. But to trade him for a pg or a pf would be worthless in my mind as we already have those.

Now him and Cro for T-Mac you would simply have to do. If it meant we kept both Al and Bender.

Now if we could send Cro Ron and Pollard for T-Mac and Howard. Then send Bender and Al for a good center then that would be all the better and a must do.

Ant
06-07-2004, 08:23 PM

Definitely true... Couldn't agree more

Ultimate Frisbee
06-07-2004, 08:31 PM
using MSA2CF's list... Bolded are the players i would trade for ron artest (no trade restrictions taken into consideration) and italicized are ones that I might take...

1. Tracy McGrady (Orlando Magic)
2. Predrag Stojakovic (Sacramento Kings)
2. Kevin Garnett (Minnesota Timberwolves)
4. Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers)
5. Paul Pierce (Boston Celtics)
6. Baron Davis (New Orleans Hornets)
7. Vince Carter (Toronto Raptors)
8. Tim Duncan (San Antonio Spurs)
9. Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks)
10. Michael Redd (Milwaukee Bucks)
11. Shaquille O'Neal (Los Angeles Lakers)
12. Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets)
13. LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers)
14. Corey Maggette (Los Angeles Clippers)
15. Stephon Marbury (New York Knicks)
16. Jermaine O'Neal (Indiana Pacers)
16. Zach Randolph (Portland Trail Blazers)
18. Sam Cassell (Minnesota Timberwolves)
19. Shawn Marion (Phoenix Suns)
20. Jason Richardson (Golden State Warriors)
21. Michael Finley (Dallas Mavericks)
22. Richard Jefferson (New Jersey Nets)
23. Mike Bibby (Sacramento Kings)
24. Ron Artest (Indiana Pacers)
25. Stephen Jackson (Atlanta Hawks)
26. Rashard Lewis (Seattle SuperSonics)
27. Pau Gasol (Memphis Grizzlies)
28. Richard Hamilton (Detroit Pistons)
29. Yao Ming (Houston Rockets)
30. Eddie Jones (Miami Heat)
30. Jamal Crawford (Chicago Bulls)
32. Lamar Odom (Miami Heat)
33. Juwan Howard (Orlando Magic)
34. Chauncey Billups (Detroit Pistons)
35. Jason Terry (Atlanta Hawks)
35. Latrell Sprewell (Minnesota Timberwolves)
37. Joe Johnson (Phoenix Suns)
40. Shareef Abdur-Rahim (Portland Trail Blazers)
41. Keith Van Horn (Milwaukee Bucks)
42. Cuttino Mobley (Houston Rockets)
43. Carlos Boozer (Cleveland Cavaliers)
44. Zydrunas Ilgauskas (Cleveland Cavaliers)
45. Andre Miller (Denver Nuggets)
45. Antawn Jamison (Dallas Mavericks)
47. Donyell Marshall (Toronto Raptors)
47. Eddy Curry (Chicago Bulls)
47. Tony Parker (San Antonio Spurs)
50. Gary Payton (Los Angeles Lakers)

Elton Brand
Jason Kidd

MSA2CF
06-07-2004, 08:41 PM

Yeah, I was debating whether or not I would take Andrei, but I figured the move would be pretty unwelcome by a lot of Pacers fans, so I refrained. :cool:

sweabs
06-07-2004, 08:57 PM

:crazy:

Ragnar
06-07-2004, 09:07 PM
I would :puke: if we got Francis. He is everything that is wrong with the NBA. He is a scorer who cant shoot and a point guard who never passes :soapbox: I cant imagine anyone thinking that would be a good deal. Even if Ron acted like he did last year and I was certain that he would never get better I would still not want Francis.

Kegboy
06-07-2004, 09:27 PM
Rons base year is not a factor. That expired at the end of the season. I would trade him for T-Mac or Duncan but other than that I would rather keep him. If it fills a need then I could see it. But to trade him for a pg or a pf would be worthless in my mind as we already have those.

Now him and Cro for T-Mac you would simply have to do. If it meant we kept both Al and Bender.

Now if we could send Cro Ron and Pollard for T-Mac and Howard. Then send Bender and Al for a good center then that would be all the better and a must do.

But isn't he BYC-2 now, IOW, his salary counts as 75% instead of 50? :confused:

BigMac
06-07-2004, 09:40 PM

But isn't he BYC-2 now, IOW, his salary counts as 75% instead of 50? :confused:

I have never heard of BYC-2. Is this for real. The CBA is really weird so I wouldn't put it past them but I've never heard of this. Can someone help?

Buck,Hicks? Anyone?

able
06-07-2004, 09:43 PM
As for a makebelieve straight up deal as UB proposes, I agree 100% with his list, very little add-ons there.

As for "you can not play makebelieve":

Yes you can, it's fun :)

But more importantly, let's face a simple scenario, which has a high likelyhood of ocurring:

T-Mac decides he wants out: there are 3 teams he seemingly has listed as being interested in when a trade is discussed:
SanAn, Detoirt and (drumroll) Pacers.

His discussion with the brass:

I want out, I will give you a choice, A you trade me to either of those teams, providing my final ok, OR, I opt out, declare myself a free agent and sign to the highest bidder for whatever period i see fit.

Now when traded i will agree with the team I am traded to, providing it is one of my selection, that I will (if offered a decent extension or new contract in 2 years) re-sign with them after that period.

It is up to you to make it work.

Next phase: who can offer what.

THAT is where the tradevalue of T-Mac is decided, not what the real value is, just as with Ron, real value does not come in to account at any given moment.

The real trade value DOES come into play with Al, if shopped. unless again, a trade alike the T-Mac in above example comes around.
That value can f.i. be enlarged by taking not only a great talent with less pay, but absorbing a "bad contract" to fill in the value, see my J-Rich idea.

The above scenario, which I'm sure is VERY close to what actually might happen, is one that plays this year with several "top" players (Kobe, Allen, T-Mac) and all we can do is speculate, hope, pray and wait.

In the meantime it is fun to play make believe :D

beast23
06-07-2004, 09:44 PM

But isn't he BYC-2 now, IOW, his salary counts as 75% instead of 50? :confused:If it didn't expire at the end of the season, it at leasts expires early in July. The point is that by the time we would have any kind of a trade worked out, BYC will be a non-factor.

Unclebuck
06-07-2004, 09:55 PM
There is no such thing anymore of a BYC-2. That was done away with during the last CBA. Now there is only a 1 year BTC player.

Jay I would not trade Artest and Cro for Richardson and Dampier. Keep in mind I don't have a few high opinion of either of those two players.

Overall I am a little suprised by this thread, I figured some of you would scream and shout about my list and think I was way overvaluing Ronnie.

sweabs
06-07-2004, 09:56 PM
In answering the question...Reggie Miller in the golden years :laugh:.

Seriously...the same guys people are listing off here...Duncan, Garnett, Kidd, Lebron, etc. and yes...I would take Dwayne Wade.

ChicagoJ
06-07-2004, 11:10 PM
Jay I would not trade Artest and Cro for Richardson and Dampier. Keep in mind I don't have a few high opinion of either of those two players.

Individually, I don't either. But they fill needs we've got. :whoknows:

Snickers
06-08-2004, 12:14 AM
Maybe:
Yao
Hamilton
Wallace [the Ben variety]
Kirilenko
Wade
Anthony
Allen

Definitely:
Garnett
Duncan
James
Bowen
McGrady
Kidd

Will Galen
06-08-2004, 12:29 AM
Maybe:
Yao
Hamilton
Kirilenko
Wade
Anthony
Allen

Definitely:
Garnett
Duncan
James
Bowen HAHA! SEEING IF ANY BODY'S PAYING ATTENTION HUH?
McGrady
Kidd

Snickers
06-08-2004, 12:45 AM
Maybe:
Yao
Hamilton
Kirilenko
Wade
Anthony
Allen

Definitely:
Garnett
Duncan
James
Bowen HAHA! SEEING IF ANY BODY'S PAYING ATTENTION HUH?
McGrady
Kidd

Yep. :D

Pop wouldn't let the Spurs make that deal anyway.

Peck
06-08-2004, 02:37 AM
Some of this is nuts people. On the other hand not everybody that I think is on Artest lever or above do I think we have any need for. Example Newitski, he's as good a player as Ron overall but we have zero need for him so I wouldn't trade for him.

I'm just gonna redo the earlier list & go player by player.

1. Tracy McGrady (Orlando Magic) Yes.
2. Predrag Stojakovic (Sacramento Kings) After my son convince me, Yes.
2. Kevin Garnett (Minnesota Timberwolves) Yes.
4. Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers) Yes
5. Paul Pierce (Boston Celtics) Probably. In our system? Yes.
6. Baron Davis (New Orleans Hornets) Yes
7. Vince Carter (Toronto Raptors) Maybe
8. Tim Duncan (San Antonio Spurs) Yes
9. Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks) Not in our system with J.O.
10. Michael Redd (Milwaukee Bucks) Yes, Hell yes
11. Shaquille O'Neal (Los Angeles Lakers) Duh
12. Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets) Maybe
13. LeBron James (Cleveland Cavaliers) Probably
14. Corey Maggette (Los Angeles Clippers) No
15. Stephon Marbury (New York Knicks) Hell no
16. Jermaine O'Neal (Indiana Pacers) Yes
16. Zach Randolph (Portland Trail Blazers) We don't need him but yes
18. Sam Cassell (Minnesota Timberwolves) No
19. Shawn Marion (Phoenix Suns) No
20. Jason Richardson (Golden State Warriors) Not straight up
21. Michael Finley (Dallas Mavericks) no
22. Richard Jefferson (New Jersey Nets) No
23. Mike Bibby (Sacramento Kings) No
24. Ron Artest (Indiana Pacers) :dance:
25. Stephen Jackson (Atlanta Hawks) No
26. Rashard Lewis (Seattle SuperSonics) Doubt it
27. Pau Gasol (Memphis Grizzlies) Same as Dirk
28. Richard Hamilton (Detroit Pistons) Don't think I would
29. Yao Ming (Houston Rockets) Yes
30. Eddie Jones (Miami Heat) No
30. Jamal Crawford (Chicago Bulls) No
32. Lamar Odom (Miami Heat) Same as Dirk & Pau
33. Juwan Howard (Orlando Magic) No
34. Chauncey Billups (Detroit Pistons) no
35. Jason Terry (Atlanta Hawks) not straight up
35. Latrell Sprewell (Minnesota Timberwolves) Convict, no
37. Joe Johnson (Phoenix Suns) no
38. Steve Francis (Houston Rockets) Hell no
39. Andrei Kirilenko (Utah Jazz) Interesting? Hmmm... Yes
40. Shareef Abdur-Rahim (Portland Trail Blazers) No
41. Keith Van Horn (Milwaukee Bucks) No
42. Cuttino Mobley (Houston Rockets) No
43. Carlos Boozer (Cleveland Cavaliers) Hell Yes, Oh God hell yes!!
44. Zydrunas Ilgauskas (Cleveland Cavaliers) No
45. Andre Miller (Denver Nuggets) maybe
45. Antawn Jamison (Dallas Mavericks) No
47. Donyell Marshall (Toronto Raptors) No
47. Eddy Curry (Chicago Bulls) Yes
47. Tony Parker (San Antonio Spurs) No
50. Gary Payton (Los Angeles Lakers) No

Elton Brand Yes

TheSauceMaster
06-08-2004, 02:59 AM
For those who would trade Ron for Baron Davis , please tell me what daily medication you take so I can tell my doctor I refuse these meds.

Peck
06-08-2004, 03:53 AM
Actually that was the one player that I had to think about for a long while.

On face value, no I probably wouldn't trade them straight up for one another. But remember I am of the thinking that Carlisle's system is good enough to make up for the loss of Artest by using Al.

So that in mind, the one thing that we don't have is outside shooting. Baron adds that in buckets. Plus he is no slouch on the defensive end either.

But then again, I am not down on Jamaal either.

Hell, that one I'm not sure of.

But I would probably do a Tinsely & Artrest for Davis & Magloire.

indygeezer
06-08-2004, 07:09 AM
I just noticed on RealGM salary rankings, if RA is listed as a 18 , Zach Randolph is a 3.9 meaning a throw in of Darius Miles (13) and fodder wold be needed. ZR at 3.9, now there is a bargain, bagage and all. Must still be on rookie contract.

Suaveness
06-08-2004, 09:18 AM
NO ONE. Sorry, but I really think Artest someone I wouldn't ever trade.

sig
06-08-2004, 10:04 AM
Some of this is nuts people. On the other hand not everybody that I think is on Artest lever or above do I think we have any need for. Example Newitski, he's as good a player as Ron overall but we have zero need for him so I wouldn't trade for him.

I'd think Dirk would be a perfect compliment to JO way more than Zach Randolph. If you guys are looking for outside shooting, what better than a 7 footer who can shoot over anybody from anywhere on the court. I realize that both Dirk and JO are viewed as PF's but IMO, they could exist together quite well. JO in the post and Dirk outside. IMO, while maybe not a defensive player of the year candidate, Dirk can play adequate defense. He ought to be able to play defense as good as Zach. Unfortunately he has only played for 1 coach in his NBA life. A coach who stresses nada on defense and plays Antoine Walker and Eddie Najera at center. I doubt ron could play defense on a Nellie coached team.

It's funny how fans of their own teams over value players. I asked a question on the Mav forum of what players they would take for Dirk since the Mavs are quite deep at PF with Jamison and Walker and dirk. Duncan and Garnett was about it. Many argued against KG. Many said no on Shaq due to Shaq's age. I think Yao was about 50/50.

I quite like Ron Artest but I do not believe the Pacers can get players like Pierce, TMAC, or AI for Ron without making it a multiple player deal. I do not even believe the Pacers could get equal value for Ron because of his past blow ups. Teams who want to trade superstars usually want to start over. IMO, Ron is not the player you want to start building your team around. If Seattle knocked on the door and offered Ray Allen for him, I take it especially if you can unload Pollard or Austin's salary on them along with Ron.

Unclebuck
06-08-2004, 10:15 AM

Now that is what I like to hear :D :D

Ultimate Frisbee
06-08-2004, 12:47 PM

What gives... How would boozer fit in better with our system than someone like Dirk, Gasol, or Odom?

Suaveness
06-08-2004, 12:47 PM

Now that is what I like to hear :D :D

:D The thing is, somone like Artest is very difficult to find. How many DPOY's are there that can score really well? Not many. He defends, steals, blocks, rebounds, scores, and INTIMIDATES against the opponents. People are scared to play against him. How could you want anyone else? I surely wouldn't. I am proud having him as a Pacer.

Snickers
06-08-2004, 12:51 PM

What gives... How would boozer fit in better with our system than someone like Dirk, Gasol, or Odom?

Defense and rebounding. I wouldn't trade Ron for him straight up, but I'd definitely prefer Boozer to Gasol or Odom on this team.