PDA

View Full Version : James Banks

Jonathan
03-31-2008, 09:21 AM
I think he would be a good free agent signing for our organization if he does not get picked in the later rounds. The guy is an excellent athlete. He played one of the best games in the IHSSA Finals Games EVER & was starting QB as a frosh for the Vols. I know he has had some problems but I would love to see him get a chance.

ABADays
04-02-2008, 10:15 PM
I think he would be a good free agent signing for our organization if he does not get picked in the later rounds. The guy is an excellent athlete. He played one of the best games in the IHSSA Finals Games EVER & was starting QB as a frosh for the Vols. I know he has had some problems but I would love to see him get a chance.

Are you talking about for the Colts or the Pacers?

Jonathan
04-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Are you talking about for the Colts or the Pacers?

This is a Colts Thread. I would not mind even using one of our four sixth round selections on him.

McClintic Sphere
04-03-2008, 10:17 AM
I have it on good word that James did get a workout here locally during the time of the combine for several teams including the Colt's. He does have experience as a returner as well, so that would be great if we could bring him to camp as an UDFA.

tdubb03
04-03-2008, 04:40 PM
If you're like me and said "who?", http://carsonnewmaneagles.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/banks_james00.html

2003: Caught 13 passes for 621 yards. 47 yard average?! That's gotta be a typo right?

Jonathan
04-03-2008, 04:50 PM
If you're like me and said "who?", http://carsonnewmaneagles.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/banks_james00.html

2003: Caught 13 passes for 621 yards. 47 yard average?! That's gotta be a typo right?

No, It is not a typo he went to Ben Davis Highschool (Indianapolis) and was Mr Football in 2000 (not sure exactly).

Major Cold
04-04-2008, 10:43 AM
saw him play at UT. Dude has attitude issues. I think he shot a weapon on campus and was let go by Fulmer. He went to UT-Chat I think and then ended up at Franklin College. I don't know if he is a type of player that the Colts want to bring on board.

Jonathan
04-04-2008, 10:52 AM
saw him play at UT. Dude has attitude issues. I think he shot a weapon on campus and was let go by Fulmer. He went to UT-Chat I think and then ended up at Franklin College. I don't know if he is a type of player that the Colts want to bring on board.

He is 24 now; not 19. He knows he only has one shot at the NFL. His father is friends w/ Dungy and we are a great organization for him with our veteran leadership of Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison.

McClintic Sphere
04-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Ed Johnson was seen as a major troublemaker coming out of Penn State and he was a choirboy last year. People do change and grow up, sometimes.

ABADays
04-04-2008, 01:58 PM
He is 24 now; not 19. He knows he only has one shot at the NFL. His father is friends w/ Dungy and we are a great organization for him with our veteran leadership of Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison.

Well one thing for sure, we've learned over the past few years 24 year olds don't make mistakes. Banks is trouble. Always has been always will be.

Major Cold
04-10-2008, 09:26 AM
I don't see harm in wasting a pick on him....

But the luxury of NFL contracts is that you can just drop the player if they start crap like this.

Jonathan
04-10-2008, 12:34 PM
I don't see harm in wasting a pick on him....

But the luxury of NFL contracts is that you can just drop the player if they start crap like this.

I do not think drafting him with one of our four late sixth round picks is wasting a pick. He could be the return man our team has lacked since Wilkens was lit up by Morris.