PDA

View Full Version : Rot in Hell, me, for not...

Erik
03-29-2008, 10:37 AM
taking better care of my teeth! I had to have my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday:cry::bs: Take better care of your teeth before it's too late! Some people's back teeth are hard to clean and they have no choice, I'm trying to scare you, it wasn't all that bad. But, avoid it if you can.:mad:

duke dynamite
03-29-2008, 10:41 AM
I didn't have any wisdom teeth.

I do know how it feels though. My 12-year molars grew in impacted.

N8R
04-04-2008, 05:44 AM
I didnt lose my first baby tooth till I was 10, and I never lost my baby molars. They had to go in and take em out. 6 of them in the course of two sessions on consecutive Wednesdays, then I had 4 years of braces and another tooth that had to me medically cut out, a chain attached to it and pulled down into place, so I know the pain of it all.

I almost punched out one of my orthodontists when he kept screwing up putting a bracket back onto my tooth. it was so painful that I had my fists clenched and I was a few seconds from doing it. I was spitting blood the whole way home which took a while. I didnt go back to him ever again.

I thanked my mom for the horribly bad teeth to begin with. She gave them to me and one of my other brothers. The first brother got off with just a retainer, the second braces for 2 years and me 4. I feel sorry for my kids.

Erik
04-04-2008, 06:23 AM
I don't feel so sorry for myself after reading that. But kids, please brush and floss twice a day.

N8R
04-04-2008, 06:43 AM
I knew my story would help out some. In total I have had 8 teeth removed from my mouth by a dentist.

SycamoreKen
04-04-2008, 09:58 AM
I didnt lose my first baby tooth till I was 10, and I never lost my baby molars. They had to go in and take em out. 6 of them in the course of two sessions on consecutive Wednesdays, then I had 4 years of braces and another tooth that had to me medically cut out, a chain attached to it and pulled down into place, so I know the pain of it all.

I almost punched out one of my orthodontists when he kept screwing up putting a bracket back onto my tooth. it was so painful that I had my fists clenched and I was a few seconds from doing it. I was spitting blood the whole way home which took a while. I didnt go back to him ever again.

I thanked my mom for the horribly bad teeth to begin with. She gave them to me and one of my other brothers. The first brother got off with just a retainer, the second braces for 2 years and me 4. I feel sorry for my kids.

So do I, and it has nothing to do with your bad teeth. :-p

Trader Joe
04-05-2008, 02:25 AM
Did you get dry socket? I got dry socket in my bottom spots after I had my wisdom teeth. It was the worst pain I have ever experienced and my orthodontist said it is one of the worst pains the human body can experience.

Erik
04-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Did you get dry socket? I got dry socket in my bottom spots after I had my wisdom teeth. It was the worst pain I have ever experienced and my orthodontist said it is one of the worst pains the human body can experience.
Do you remember how long it took for that to kick in?

Trader Joe
04-05-2008, 03:37 PM
About 36-48 hours for me. You'd know by now if you had it. The pain was so intense for me that I got physically sick and vomited from it and then I just passed out from the pain, and this was after I had doubled the dosage of my pain killers. (Yes, the dentist told me to.) The pain was that bad. I literally could not think. It resonated from the base of my jaw all the way up to the top of my head and the worst part was that since the nerve was exposed all the teeth around the extraction site felt like they had turned to mush. It was awful, but you would have known by now. Its caused by the blood clot at the extraction site disentigrating or getting dislodged too early.

Erik
04-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Thx. I felt a little pain coming on the last few days and I was starting to get paranoid. But, it's been over a week for me so I'm good.

James Bond
04-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Most people can't avoid getting their wisdom teeth pulled. Eventually I will get mine pulled just like everyone else in my family, but my teeth grow fairly slowly and my upper wisdom teeth are not quite in.

As for teeth problems, for me, it was having crooked bottom teeth for most of my life, then after asking the dentist for years if it was better to get braces (the reply was always, no, you'll grow into your teeth and they'll straighten out) the dentist decides to put me in braces going into my junior year of high school. Around that time, he also finds that i have a sort of medical irregularity known as a 5th molar, Basically I had an extra tooth growing in between my upper molar. I got that surgically removed, which sucked and was very painful. I got out of the braces before my senior year though thank god. Everything seems to be clearing up for me toothwise, for now at least. But that was hell for a while.

Unclebuck
04-08-2008, 02:00 PM
If you are going to have to get them pulled, sooner better than later.

I had two pulled when I was 18 and it was a piece of cake, was back at school the next day. Didn't have my others pulled until I was 32 - and wow there was a huge difference - the pain and recovery time was much, much greater. My dentist said that is the difference in being 18 vs 32.

clownskull
04-09-2008, 12:50 AM
i had to get my wisdom teeth (all4) taken out because there was simply not enough room in my jaw for all of them with my regular teeth. i was getting small bits of food stuck back around them and getting infections- they simply had to go and i was more than fine with it since they were so much more trouble than they were worth.
ditching the wisdom teeth was one of the wiser things i did.

avoidingtheclowns
04-09-2008, 02:26 PM
i just found out friday i have to have at least two (all four are recommended) removed soon.

yippee.

Gyron
04-09-2008, 03:36 PM
When I had mine out I am allergic to codiene, so they had to use an alternative pain killer.

What the hell they gave me I cannot recall, but the next day at school, all my notes from my classes were nothing but a bunch of scribbles in the form of writing. I have no idea what I was writing but I at least took notes!