PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson

Jonathan
03-26-2008, 11:56 AM
I wish this talk of Chad Johnson to the Colts would stop. He does not fit. Yes he is is very good WR, but too much of a side show for this organization to deal with.
If we acquire him; I think we should also acquire Adam Jones.

aero
03-26-2008, 12:23 PM
I havent heard from anyone i know wanting Chad Johnson nor have i read it anywhere... besides we have Reggie, Marvin,Gonzo...etc. We have no need for him.

Jonathan
03-26-2008, 12:37 PM
It is just talk on sports radio, Trading Marvin Harrison for Chad Johnson in a straight up deal. People are down on Marvin for his fumble against San Diego and the fact he sat during the final drive.

Trader Joe
03-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Harrison for JOhnson? Straight up at this point their careers? Thats a no brainer for the Colts. You have to make that deal.

Jonathan
03-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Harrison for JOhnson? Straight up at this point their careers? Thats a no brainer for the Colts. You have to make that deal.

It was just speculation on the JMV show. I do not want him here at all. Marvin Harrison is very good WR and has great chemistry with Manning.

Trader Joe
03-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Johnson could be controlled very easily with Manning and Dungy. His antics are mild compared to some of the things Moss did in Minny and Oakland and Brady and BB controlled him just fine. You can't pass up adding a talent like Johnson to the Colts especially with Marvin being in the twilight of his career.

Erik
03-26-2008, 03:43 PM
I love Chad Johnson, he is one of my favorite players as long as he is not on my team. It would be too much of "The Chad Show". Let someone else deal with that, we aren't hurting.

Des4L
03-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Well, there is a plus and minus to that scenario.

PLUS

We would get a top 10 NFL receiver and a younger and just as explosive alternative to Harrison. He would definitely keep butts in the seats along side the great core we already have.

MINUS

We would be trading away a hall of famer and class act that has paid his dues with the Colts. I would love to see Harrison end his career in the Blue. My gut has a feeling he would eventually end up on the Patriots one way or another (lol). We would also be taking a gamble on Ocho's behavior - He's too erratic for my taste. I wouldn't want to tarnish the reputation we've tried so hard to maintain. You know... always Sportsmanlike and Humble.

But then again we have already had some egotistic players on this team in the past (Jim Harbaugh for example).

GrangerRanger
03-26-2008, 08:31 PM
We'd have to trade Reggie and a draft pick for Chad. No way they would swap Harrison for Chad straight up.

Don't you hate it when shows do that? Make up trade scenerios for there favorite team that have no chance of even being discussed.

Young
03-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Wouldn't trading for Chad Johnson be going away from what the Colts seem to do? That is develope players that fit their system.

Don't get me wrong, Chad Johnson is one hell of a player and I have no doubts that his antics would be controlled here in Indy. I don't see Chad as the problem child as Terrell Owens and Randy Moss was. I just don't think he fits with what the Colts do.

Moses
03-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Chad Johnson is a top 10 WR, but he's a pretty selfish player. I can't blame him for wanting to win, but I don't think he is whining over that. He is whining because TJ Housh has become a better WR then him and is the go to guy now in the Bengals offense.

And there is no way the Bengals would trade Chad for Marvin straight up at this point in their careers.

Jonathan
03-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Chad Johnson is a top 10 WR, but he's a pretty selfish player. I can't blame him for wanting to win, but I don't think he is whining over that. He is whining because TJ Housh has become a better WR then him and is the go to guy now in the Bengals offense.

And there is no way the Bengals would trade Chad for Marvin straight up at this point in their careers.

I was watching PTI and they had a segment where Chad Johnson said he would play in the arena league over the Bengals. I know it is a talk show; but if you have a player who does not want to play for your team get him out of here ie (Quentin Coryatt) I know several teams would love to have him on their roster but if Randy Moss was traded for a second day pick isn't Marvin Harrison a better option to the Bengals. They have to start winning now.

Since86
03-27-2008, 12:37 PM
I don't get where some of your are saying that he's not as bad as TO or Moss.

Chad got in physical altercations with Marvin Lewis, during different seasons. It was to the point where neither would speak to each other.

Lord Helmet
03-27-2008, 03:04 PM
No thanks to Chad.

I don't need anything resembling a mini-mini-mini-Ron Artest on the only good team I have.

rexnom
03-27-2008, 05:40 PM
The only problem I'd have with this is that unlike TO and Moss, Johnson would definitely be number two. Would he be happy with that?

ABADays
03-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Ewwwww Yuck. Could you imagine Marvin in a Bengals uniform>FUGLY!

Lord Helmet
03-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Ewwwww Yuck. Could you imagine Marvin in a Bengals uniform>FUGLY!
Marvin doesn't deserve that.

Isaac
03-30-2008, 03:48 AM
Chad is extemely explosive and is almost as good as Marvin in his prime at running routes. The thought of Peyton throwing to Chad has me drooling, but its too far fetched, especially if it would require us to trade Marvin. That would be a slap in the face to Marvin.

avoidingtheclowns
03-30-2008, 10:30 AM
i'd consider trading sorgi for chad

PacerGuy
03-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Money, even beyond attitude, is why we will not have Chad.
We would not trade Marvin for him (though tempting on a talent vs age comparison). I would rather trade up to the end of rd 1 & get a James Hardy - a guy I think has some Moss-like size & hands. A bit slower then Moss I know, but I think he is being overlooked a bit, & if he were paired w/ Reggie in yrs to come, that would be NICE!!!

travmil
03-30-2008, 08:57 PM
If the Colts did trade into the 1st to draft a WR instead of defense I'd lose a lot of faith in Polian. I did call Anthony Gonzales as my darkhorse first rounder last year but I don't think they'd do that again.

grace
03-30-2008, 10:29 PM
I have a hard time believing that the Colts would trade Marvin. They certainly aren't going to trade him for Chad Johnson.

Moses
03-30-2008, 10:50 PM
Money, even beyond attitude, is why we will not have Chad.
We would not trade Marvin for him (though tempting on a talent vs age comparison). I would rather trade up to the end of rd 1 & get a James Hardy - a guy I think has some Moss-like size & hands. A bit slower then Moss I know, but I think he is being overlooked a bit, & if he were paired w/ Reggie in yrs to come, that would be NICE!!!
I'm sorry but Moss is light years ahead of Hardy in terms of talent. Moss was all world talent coming out of college and he still is..Hardy is just a good talent.

Best case scenario for Hardy when he gets into the NFL: Plaxico Burress. Worst case scenario: Mike Williams

PacerGuy
03-31-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm sorry but Moss is light years ahead of Hardy in terms of talent. Moss was all world talent coming out of college and he still is..Hardy is just a good talent.

Best case scenario for Hardy when he gets into the NFL: Plaxico Burress. Worst case scenario: Mike Williams

Yeah - & I can almost agree w/ the Best/ Worst scenario's too - but I think Hardy has the chance to be 1-spep above a Plexi-glass (IMO). I did not mean to imply he would be Moss, but I do seem like him more then others seem to.
I would love his size in the red-zone!

Jonathan
03-31-2008, 12:12 PM
It will be very interesting to see who goes first Manningham or Hardy? I believe Manningham is the more well rounder reciever but Hardy has better size.

Moses
03-31-2008, 12:21 PM
It will be very interesting to see who goes first Manningham or Hardy? I believe Manningham is the more well rounder reciever but Hardy has better size.
I could easily see Hardy going ahead of Manningham after Hardy ran a 4.47 (very fast for a 6'6 219 pound wideout) at the combine. I wouldn't expect the Colts go go after Hardy though. I expect the Redskins or Steelers to draft Hardy because both teams are in desperate need of some size in the red-zone.

Jonathan
03-31-2008, 12:31 PM
I could easily see Hardy going ahead of Manningham after Hardy ran a 4.47 (very fast for a 6'6 219 pound wideout) at the combine. I wouldn't expect the Colts go go after Hardy though. I expect the Redskins or Steelers to draft Hardy because both teams are in desperate need of some size in the red-zone.

Yes the Steelers might nab Hardy due to the fact they signed Big Ben for a large deal and he wants a tall WR, but they might draft a offensive lineman to replace Faneca. Big Ben does get knocked around a lot. Flip a Coin

I have no idea what Washington is going to do in the draft they are just unpredictable.

What is Jacksonville going to do? Matt Jones has not worked out do they draft A WR again after signing Porter to a huge deal?

I really like Manningham he has a talent of taking the ball to the house. My Knock on Hardy is this he put up good numbers against second tier teams.

Since86
03-31-2008, 02:27 PM
I really like Manningham he has a talent of taking the ball to the house. My Knock on Hardy is this he put up good numbers against second tier teams.

Moss went to Marshall of all places, and was playing with an NFL caliber QB in Pennington. If you can play, it doesn't matter where you are playing. Look at Nate Davis from Ball State and the numbers he's put up on the likes of MI, Nebraska, Rutgers, and so forth.

Hardy has quite the character issues to go along with him, that's one big knock considering he was charged, more than once, for hitting his girlfriend who was pregnant with his child during one of the instances(if I remember the story correctly).

PacerGuy
03-31-2008, 02:59 PM

If Hardy go's in the first (still not in most mocks - but in some), I agree that Pitt is the likely choice. Ben wants his "Plaxico" back. He was very vocal right after the season, & Hardy seems to me to be the perfect fit for them. I would love for him to end up here, but I do not see it. W/o a 1st, & the FA losses, I see bigger needs other places, but if thre is any question about Marvin, we need to draft a WR ASAP, both for need & $$$ - as a FA WR would be too costly (see B.Berian's contract!). This "O" needs 3 WR's, w/ Gonzo a great #3, but weak #2, IMO, as OUR #2 gets #1-type opportunities.