PDA

View Full Version : Help: Adobe Flash

The Toxic Avenger
03-25-2008, 11:46 AM
I've been getting into HTML coding that I'm sure stems from MySpace but when you get down to it I realize that for all other intents and purposes Flash may be the best means to website building. I was hoping to get advice regarding flash AND Site building. Things like cost, alternative site builders, alternative Flash providers (other than Adobe), difficulty vs ease etc. I'm looking for a few PD staples here like LA, Magic Rat, and Heywoode to name a few but anyone with any knowledge would be nice.

Thanks for the help.

Los Angeles
03-25-2008, 12:17 PM
I do not know flash largely because of the level of expertise required. It is by far the least intuitive of all of the design programs.

Whenever I need a flash project accomplished, I always farm it out.

That said, I understand Lynda.com has a number of tutorials. the other option is to take a course. but to get good, you'll need to take several levels.

It's a tough hill to climb, but it is not without its rewards.

Los Angeles
03-25-2008, 12:22 PM
I should tell you that good action scripters in LA charge $75 an hour and they are always, ALWAYS busy. Not a bad career choice.

The Toxic Avenger
03-25-2008, 12:28 PM
LA, I like what you're saying and I'd Like to Subscribe to your newsletter.

bellisimo
03-25-2008, 05:01 PM
after HTML I tried to get into flash back in 2003 but felt that it was a bit too complicated and time consuming to master - hence I just stopped fooling around with it and never really made the progress I had made in HTML...