PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here been a victim of mail fraud?

Shade
03-22-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm currently out about $60 on an online trade and am wondering if I have any realistic recourse beyond filing for mail fraud, which I've heard is very ineffective.

I have more than sufficient proof that he received my end of the trade and never sent his end out, so proving guilt shouldn't be an issue. It's just getting the case to someone who will actually do something about it.

Bball
03-22-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm currently out about $60 on an online trade and am wondering if I have any realistic recourse beyond filing for mail fraud, which I've heard is very ineffective.

I have more than sufficient proof that he received my end of the trade and never sent his end out, so proving guilt shouldn't be an issue. It's just getting the case to someone who will actually do something about it.

Did you call the police in the hometown of the guy that stiffed you?

-Bball

Shade
03-23-2008, 03:03 AM
Did you call the police in the hometown of the guy that stiffed you?

-Bball

Not yet. I'm honestly not sure what to even say.

The Toxic Avenger
03-23-2008, 05:03 AM
Dang... sucks to be Shade right about now. Good luck of course but I've got no input on the issue. Sorry.

Oh, wait... if he is a PD'er have him forcibly removed and his IP address banned. thats about it.

kester99
03-23-2008, 05:16 AM
WTF, Shade? You got to be more careful, brother.

What is the nature of the trade? Stocks? An actual piece of property? If the guy's outside Indiana, it's an interstate commerce thing, possibly. Call the darn FBI. Ask them about a recourse.

ABADays
03-23-2008, 12:38 PM
If you recall, I am still out almost $4,000.00 from an online travel company. Still fighting the fight.

Shade
03-23-2008, 12:42 PM
WTF, Shade? You got to be more careful, brother.

What is the nature of the trade? Stocks? An actual piece of property? If the guy's outside Indiana, it's an interstate commerce thing, possibly. Call the darn FBI. Ask them about a recourse.

Actually, I am very careful. I just always happen to be the exception to the rule somehow. :annoyed:

It's just a trade involving some trading cards, but still, I don't like being ripped off. And $60 isn't a small amount of money when you're a full-time college student with a part-time job.

Shade
03-23-2008, 12:43 PM
If you recall, I am still out almost $4,000.00 from an online travel company. Still fighting the fight.

You've definitely got me beat. If I lost 4K at this point, I'd go after them with the intention of murder. :security:

Doug
03-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Shade, did you run over a old gypsy women's cat or something?

Shade
03-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Shade, did you run over a old gypsy women's cat or something?

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! :laugh:

...why?

Doug
03-23-2008, 10:29 PM
...why?

You seem to be having a run of bad luck. A curse might explain it.

I can get rid of it for you, but I'll need the bones from a chicken slaughtered during a full moon. And some pliers and a set of 30-weight ball bearings. And about 10 quarts of antifreeze... preferably Prestone... No... No, make that Quaker State...

Shade
03-23-2008, 11:07 PM
You seem to be having a run of bad luck. A curse might explain it.

I know. My reply was a joke, ala Tommy Boy. ;)

I can get rid of it for you, but I'll need the bones from a chicken slaughtered during a full moon. And
some pliers and a set of 30-weight ball bearings. And about 10 quarts of antifreeze... preferably Prestone... No... No, make that Quaker State...

Okay. Now what?

Gyron
03-24-2008, 12:15 PM
You must find Jayredd's Right testicle that he lost 5 years ago in an accident.

LoneGranger33
03-24-2008, 06:20 PM
First of all, it's spelled "male fraud" and secondly, he was wearing a scarf and a lot of make-up so it was impossible to tell...I have no regrets.

MagicRat
03-24-2008, 06:34 PM
First of all, it's spelled "male fraud" and secondly, he was wearing a scarf and a lot of make-up so it was impossible to tell...I have no regrets.

Did it entail you dressing up as Little Bo-Peep? Moooooon River......

It's so simple, maybe Shade needs a refresher course. It's all ball bearings these days. He's also going to need some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads.

And clean those trading cards! There's filth and muck all over them......