PDA

View Full Version : I saw this trade proposed on a Sonics board..

Ultimate Frisbee
06-06-2004, 12:25 AM
They certainly want Al... but based on the rumor that the bulls did too, they thought they'd appease everyone..

Seattle trades: SG Brent Barry (10.8 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.8 apg in 30.6 minutes)
SF Rashard Lewis (17.8 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 2.2 apg in 36.6 minutes)
Seattle receives: PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 30.9 minutes)
SF Scottie Pippen (5.9 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.2 apg in 17.9 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -9.4 ppg, -0.6 rpg, and -4.1 apg.

Indiana trades: C Scot Pollard (1.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 11.1 minutes)
PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.7 apg in 30.9 minutes)
Indiana receives: SG Brent Barry (10.8 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.8 apg in 59 games)
PF Tyson Chandler (6.1 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 35 games)
Change in team outlook: +1.9 ppg, +2.1 rpg, and +4.6 apg.

Chicago trades: PF Tyson Chandler (6.1 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 22.4 minutes)
SF Scottie Pippen (5.9 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 2.2 apg in 17.9 minutes)
Chicago receives: SF Rashard Lewis (17.8 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 2.2 apg in 80 games)
Change in team outlook: +5.8 ppg, -4.2 rpg, and -0.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Also, some draft picks were exchanged to make this more fair (primarily in Seattle's favor i think)...

Ryan
06-06-2004, 12:33 AM
Yuck.

Will Galen
06-06-2004, 12:51 AM
They certainly want Al... but based on the rumor that the bulls did too, they thought they'd appease everyone..

Indiana trades:
C Scot Pollard
PF Al Harrington

Indiana receives:
SG Brent Barry
PF Tyson Chandler

Also, some draft picks were exchanged to make this more fair (primarily in Seattle's favor i think)...

I think it's an okay trade from Indiana's view. Harrington and Chandier would have to be looked at as potential for potential. The gain would be Barry for a player we don't use, Pollard. I have heard that Carlisle didn't have much use for Barry when they were both at Detroit so I don't thank that trade would go down.

MSA2CF
06-06-2004, 12:57 AM
I think it's an okay trade from Indiana's view. Harrington and Chandier would have to be looked at as potential for potential. The gain would be Barry for a player we don't use, Pollard. I have heard that Carlisle didn't have much use for Barry when they were both at Detroit so I don't thank that trade would go down.

Wrong Barry, Will. :laugh:

Hoop
06-06-2004, 12:59 AM
That would be a great trade for us. We'd be getting a good veteran SG and young PF with tons of talent for AL and getting rid of Pollard as a bonus. I'd be worried about resigning Tyson though, I "think" his contract will be up after next season. Barry is a free agent so I'm not sure how it would all work salary wise. I can't see Seattle wanting to do this though. Chicago, you never know what they might do.

Ultimate Frisbee
06-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Yeah... this is assuming a sign and trade with Barry making about the same as he does now...

TheSauceMaster
06-06-2004, 01:04 AM
What is Barry Bringing to the Table that Reggie isn't other than maybe alittle less age ?

I would think the Pacers are looking for something better than a 1-2 yr solution.

Steveman
06-06-2004, 01:48 AM
I would think the Pacers are looking for something better than a 1-2 yr solution.

Quote Larry Bird:

"it's not about getting out of the first round any more." "It's about winning a championship." "It's time to get serious."

TheSauceMaster
06-06-2004, 02:20 AM

Quote Larry Bird:

"it's not about getting out of the first round any more." "It's about winning a championship." "It's time to get serious."

and :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

beast23
06-06-2004, 02:21 AM
I've been one that has brought Barry's name up for the last few months. What I see in Barry is someone who is an excellent shooter from all distances and is an excellent passer as well.

I had originally thought of Barry as someone who could fill in at BOTH guard positions, much like many of us are hoping that Freddie becomes able to do. In fact Barry has played both guard positions for Seattle.

But Steveman raises a very good point. Barry would be by no means a permanent solution. And, since Pacer's management is now looking at trades and free agent acquisitions that can put the Pacers "over the top", Barry would probably not be someone we would want to bring in as a starting guard.

But he would definitely be that excellent shooter withe the instant offense we should consider bring in off the bench in the event that Reggie retires. Having Barry on the roster would cover ourselves very well as Freddie matures a little. And then in a year or two, Freddie could be the instant offense we need off the bench.

But the trade would be appealling in getting rid of Pollard.

Will Galen
06-06-2004, 02:49 AM
Wrong Barry, Will. :laugh:

Barry, barry good! :blush:

I was wondering why Carlisle didn't like Brent, that explains that! :laugh:

indygeezer
06-06-2004, 07:30 AM
I did some checking and STRAIGHT UP we can trade AL for Seattle Centers:

Vitaly Potapenko OR Calvin Booth

Or Al for Jerome James and Ronald Murray also works.

But are any of those guys going to put us over the top?? THey might fit the "Young and developing" mold that DW likes to find and turn into All-stars tho. I think that is where we'd be looking...young and developing (and still cheap) that could put us there.

Mourning
06-06-2004, 07:44 AM
Seattle's Centers are or are near garbage. Bad contracts and not much to show for, but if they were to resign Barry (who I consider a great fit) for a decent amount of years and not too much $$$s a firstroudner in one the coming 2 years and we would give them say Pollard and Al in return than I wouldnt turn that down instantly.

The trade with which this trade started: YES, PLEASE!!! No thinking required there, where do I sign? :D :D :D

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Unclebuck
06-06-2004, 10:21 AM
Decent trade. Chandler would be a great pickup, unless there is more to his back injury than anyone knows right now.

Brent Barry is a decent player, he would "help" some.

sixthman
06-06-2004, 10:40 AM
Decent trade. Chandler would be a great pickup, unless there is more to his back injury than anyone knows right now.

Brent Barry is a decent player, he would "help" some.

Yes, but it's a stupid trade for Seattle, so it will never happen.

If Seattle and Chicago cooked up a Tyson Chandler/Rashard Lewis deal, the west coasters would keep Chandler and Barry rather than trade them for Al. That's kind of a no-brainer.