PDA

View Full Version : Official DJ White Appreciation Thread

Trader Joe
03-22-2008, 12:15 AM
It had to be done.

Thank you for sticking it out when Davis left.

Thank you for representing exactly what IU basketball is supposed to be for four years.

Thank you for giving a damn even once they let go of Sampson.

Thank you for busting your *** so hard against Arkansas that you had cramps in both legs by the end of the game.

Thank you for showing everyone what it means to truely play for INDIANA.

Thank you for actually giving a D*AMN.

I'm sorry your teammates are a bunch of wimps. (Excluding Bassett)

I'm sorry we never got you a reliable front court sidekick.

I'm sorry you got stuck with Dan Dakich for the final seven games of your career.

I'm sorry you never got to a sweet sixteen.

I'm sorry it had to end like this.

Thank you DJ White. You busted your *** here for four years. You will be missed by IU fans everywhere. Right now, you are my favorite Indiana Hoosier of all time. You've earned it. :cry:

heywoode
03-22-2008, 12:58 AM
Well said!

I'm gonna miss the big guy too. Hope he gets to do something in the NBA. He was definitely a class act for Indiana; the kind of kid I wish we could clone, and not just for his basketball ability.

In honor of their season being over, I dug up some game photos from the IU-Minnesota game from last Friday. Even though we lost, it was an ok game, I had a good time, and I got some decent shots. Will post shortly.

Lord Helmet
03-22-2008, 01:09 AM
This thread just makes me sad.

Thank you, DJ.

George Foreman
03-22-2008, 01:20 AM
This thread just makes me sad.

Thank you, DJ.

Definately... sort of sucks that no one else really showed up for the Arkansas game, but hopefully he'll end up having a great NBA career with a great team!!

Trader Joe
03-22-2008, 02:20 AM
DJ probably had the worst four years of any player in IU history. Comes in as part of the number 1 recruiting class in the country before they ever play a game together Josh Smith bolts for the NBA. By the end of his senior year he is the only guy on the roster from that recruiting class. Just nuts.

Shade
03-22-2008, 02:34 AM
DJ is one of my favorite Hoosiers of all time. I really hope the Pacers wheel and deal and bring him back home.

THANK YOU, DJ!

campy
03-22-2008, 12:36 PM
I think he is the player of the year. Not only because of his play but he is a stand up guy and one of the best. It is a shame he never really got any help.

Shade
03-22-2008, 01:15 PM
DJ probably had the worst four years of any player in IU history. Comes in as part of the number 1 recruiting class in the country before they ever play a game together Josh Smith bolts for the NBA. By the end of his senior year he is the only guy on the roster from that recruiting class. Just nuts.

I concur. What a horrible string of luck. Makes what he did this year all the more amazing.

obnoxiousmodesty
03-22-2008, 02:22 PM
I'll always remember DJ as a great player and even greater person. He went through a lot and continued to exemplify qualities worth looking up to. I'll miss him.

Good luck DJ!

Shade
03-22-2008, 02:24 PM
I'll be closely following whatever team drafts him. I hope it's the Pacers, so I can save some time. ;)

tinsley#11
03-22-2008, 02:45 PM
DJ received a medical redshirt his sophomore year. Doesn't that mean technically he could come back next year? He hasn't said for sure he is NBA bound.

Honestly, how great would it be if Gordon and DJ make an agreement with each other to stay one more year?

Trader Joe
03-22-2008, 02:53 PM
DJ never took the medical redshirt. He already gave a senior night speech. He isn't coming back.

Robertmto
03-22-2008, 03:22 PM
I thought he did take it??

Anyways...I would love to see DJ in a Wiz uniform next year.

Trader Joe
03-22-2008, 03:35 PM
I don't think he did. He is listed as a Senior everywhere. I don't know why he would have done a senior night speech if he wasn't a senior. I'm pretty sure Taber was a redshirt junior this year because of his knee and he didn't get to give a speech.

D-BONE
03-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Great job, DJ! The one real positive in a rough season and an obvious commitment to IU hoops throughout your career. Best of luck!