PDA

View Full Version : Ratliff

BigDawg44
06-05-2004, 02:02 PM
What would it take to get Ratliff in a Pacer uniform?

kerosene
06-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Too much. Portland loved what he brought them after the trade this year. I think they'd be more interested in moving Shareef which isn't what we're looking for.

BillS
06-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Hmm. Maybe we could trade Atlanta Mike Brown for Theo :evillaugh:

<edit> Duuuuuh, boy I'm being stupid today and forgot Theo went to Portland.

Do we have a dunce cap smiley?

purdue101
06-05-2004, 02:05 PM
IMO, i don't think we can get him from portland. they have no interest in forwards like JB and al as they already have several star forwards in rahim, randolph, and a rejuvenated miles. they are looking for guards, just like us. unfortunately we don't have any guards to give them. the only thing that could entice them would be artest or j.o., that will never happen.

BigDawg44
06-05-2004, 02:06 PM
maybe a 3 way with Chicago or sending Kirk Hinrich and maybe a first rounder to Portland, sending Ratliff to Indy,and harrington to CHicago. I dont know how that works out salary wise and maybe i am just an ignorant b@$tard (probably the case)

Hicks
06-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Hmm. Maybe we could trade Atlanta Mike Brown for Theo :evillaugh:

<edit> Duuuuuh, boy I'm being stupid today and forgot Theo went to Portland.

Do we have a dunce cap smiley?

In fact we do! :laugh:

:dunce:

Kstat
06-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Portland Hasn't had a Center that could dominate defensively in their history. They're not going to trade Theo.

Hoop
06-05-2004, 04:23 PM
Portland Hasn't had a Center that could dominate defensively in their history. They're not going to trade Theo.

I agree. If Theo stays healthy he'll probably be next seasons DPOY, he's a shot blocking machine.

Kstat
06-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Especially since their other big men, Rahim and Randolph, can't play defense worth a damn.

BigDawg44
06-05-2004, 04:29 PM
just a pipedream i guess..... :(

Roy Munson
06-06-2004, 06:55 PM

What???

I know it was a long time ago, but 1978 league MVP Bill Walton did a pretty fair job defensively. In fact, he dominated defensively (as well as offensively).

Now, if you said "recent history", I would agree with you.

Ant
06-06-2004, 07:12 PM
Ratliff is a phenomenal defender and shot blocker, and would be a great centerpiece to build any defense around but I just dont see Portland parting ways with him, they saw what he can do in the latter part of the season and probably want him to be their force in the middle for years to come.