PDA

View Full Version : If Brohm drops to Round 2, should the Colts pounce?

NapTonius Monk
03-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Peyton could groom him, while at the same time being a competent backup. We can finally bring this Jim Sorgi thing to an end.

travmil
03-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Looking at the draft order, I don't think there's any way Brohm would make it past the Bears at 44. He's not worth trading up to get, and I think we need too much help on the D line anyway. The Giants showed everyone that to beat NE you have to get to Brady on every play, and Brohm doesn't help you do that.

Moses
03-18-2008, 04:48 PM
There are quite a few teams that will be looking to snag Brohm in the early-mid 2nd round. I see the Bears, Falcons, and Vikings as front runners to grab him..but there are a number of other teams who would take him. Best case scenario: Carson Palmer..worst case scenario: Another bust 2nd round QB..nothing new.

Suaveness
03-18-2008, 05:17 PM
Groom? I'd say Peyton's going to be around for awhile longer (knock on wood). We don't have to do that for awhile

Isaac
03-18-2008, 11:37 PM
I don't think we have to start thinking that way for 4 or 5 more years. Brohm wouldn't stick around that long anyways, rightfully so. It would be a total waste of a first rounder. We don't have a lot of holes to fill, but I'd like to add a versatile tight end, some depth to the linebacking core especially on the outside and a second running back.

Jonathan
03-19-2008, 10:39 AM
No Chance of him dropping to the final picks of the second round. The QB from Delaware might be a better pro than Brohm. We need to draft Jonathan Stewart of Oregon if he is available or Dominque Rodgers Cromartie (midd tn state) I want an athlete that teams have to know where he is everytime he touches the ball ie Devin Hester or Antonio Cromartie.

travmil
03-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Either of those guys would be awesome to get that far down, but I guess you haven't checked the buzz around the league after the combine. Both of those guys stock soared after the combine and are now regarded as top 15 picks. The Colts have no shot at them without trading into that range, meaning they have no shot.

Jonathan
03-19-2008, 11:29 AM
The thing about Cromartie is he has not played much football. He is an excellent athlete but went to middle tn state. I am not giving a small school debat Air Mc Nair and Alcorn St is rare but how many teams draft projects in the first round. We got Robert Mathis from Texas A&M. Jonathan Stewart might drop due to turf toe injury. I just want a raw athlete is all. It will get us past the San Diego's & New Englands.

Moses
03-19-2008, 12:27 PM
The thing about Cromartie is he has not played much football. He is an excellent athlete but went to middle tn state. I am not giving a small school debat Air Mc Nair and Alcorn St is rare but how many teams draft projects in the first round. We got Robert Mathis from Texas A&M. Jonathan Stewart might drop due to turf toe injury. I just want a raw athlete is all. It will get us past the San Diego's & New Englands.
Many project New England to snag Cromartie with their first round pick.

Kaufman
03-20-2008, 12:09 AM
Off topic: Does anyone remember when the Colts started a guy named Browning Nagle?

Jonathan
03-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Off topic: Does anyone remember when the Colts started a guy named Browning Nagle?

I became a fan during the Gary Hogaboom era

I remember Paul Justin

Don the magic man Majockoski as well

Jonathan
03-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Many project New England to snag Cromartie with their first round pick.

I just saw that on ESPN. I am upset the new Commish did not take away all of their first round picks for spygate. If your going treat Adam Jones that way why not the Patriots. I am sensing some east coast favortism.

tdubb03
03-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Saw a report that the Colts were at Marshall's pro-day and were pretty impressed with their QB. A QB in round 2 is not going to happen, but seems like they could be interested in a Sorgi upgrade in the late rounds.