PDA

View Full Version : Say Goodbye to Mike Brown?

sweabs
06-05-2004, 10:34 AM
fg

MSA2CF
06-05-2004, 10:50 AM
If Mike were to sign with the Hawks, I believe he could have the team in the playoffs as soon as two seasons into it.

Hicks
06-05-2004, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure, but I thought I heard one of the other men interviewed for the Hawks' job was supposedly the favorite. Guess we'll find out.

I hope Mike sticks around here.

Anthem
06-05-2004, 11:59 AM
I'm not sure, but I thought I heard one of the other men interviewed for the Hawks' job was supposedly the favorite. Guess we'll find out.

So not only do they make bad trades, they can't evaluate coaching talent? Weird.

Hopefully the "can't evaluate coaching talent" is as beneficial to us as the "make bad trades" was to Detroit.

Doug
06-05-2004, 12:40 PM
I really hope Mike decides that coaching the Hawks would kill his career and it makes more sense to stay here and go for the title next year.

But that's just selfish of me. We're going to lose him sooner or later, most likely sooner.

Perhaps it's better that he goes to a team like the Hawks that has a way to go to be a contender as opposed to a team we have to worry about in the very near future.

Doug
06-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Hopefully the "can't evaluate coaching talent" is as beneficial to us as the "make bad trades" was to Detroit.

No doubt. They certainly owe us one. Giving Sheed to Detroit for (basically) free has put the Hawks on my ***** list for good. We might not have won the series anyway, but I'd put money on it. Heck, we might not have even been playing them in the finals. I get more and more frustrated just sitting here thinking about it. Grrrrrrr...

I really hope that every time we play the Hawks we pound them by 40. Every...Single...Time. Maybe we can drive both of their remaining fans to root for other teams.

And another thing, anybody thing Theo Ratliff would have fit in real good at center here? Grrrrrrrrrr. I mean they basically gave away Theo and A-R for nothing.

BillS
06-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Hey, wait a minute, I have a soft spot for the Hawks if only because they are so dissed in their own town (the selfish reason of getting to see the Pacers live at least twice a year has nothing to do with it, oh no :cool: )

I'd like to see the Hawks do well and I think, with the team under new ownership, they may not be as dead-end a job as they had been perceived to be in the past. Certainly I'd rate the job better than the Raptors job, if nothing else because the expectations are so low that it is really the perfect place for a new coach to start out.

More power to Coach Brown and hope he gets the job! I'd love to see good basketball in Atlanta again.