PDA

View Full Version : AN EIGHT SEED ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING ME????????

Trader Joe
03-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Screw you NCAA.

Kaufman
03-16-2008, 05:19 PM
I am an IU graduate in multiple degrees however I think 8 is generous for a team that is sinking faster than shipwreck in the Atlantic.

I don't think this is anymore a championship team.

Its really a sad situation from all that has transpired this year but maybe next year we can get some fresh faces and fresh attitudes and start something a little different.

We were going to be somewhere between 6 and 8 but does it really matter this year?

Trader Joe
03-16-2008, 05:23 PM
We've been a 5 in bracketology the whole time. USC got a six seed with freakin' eleven losses. What a joke. Butler got screwed too. The NCAA is full of it.

tdubb03
03-16-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm a lot more flummoxed how Butler got a 7. 8 is low for IU, I was expected maybe a 6, but they've quit on Dakich and seems like the NCAA knows it. I'd like to see DJ go against Hansbrough in the 2nd round.

Trader Joe
03-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Someone is getting screwed in this last bracket. Me thinks it will be Drake. I bet they get stuck with an 8 or 9 seed.

Kaufman
03-16-2008, 05:30 PM
We lost 3 of our last 4.

We have a new coach who is 3-3.

We have a starter who was recently suspended.

A five seed might mean one more win.

Better luck next year.

Kaufman
03-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Butler's seeding, on the other hand, is a bit more curious.

Trader Joe
03-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Wow, Purdue could not have asked for a better draw. Xavier and Duke don't have any size.

Suaveness
03-16-2008, 05:43 PM
How the hell did Indiana get three teams in the East? What a bunch of bull****

Trader Joe
03-16-2008, 05:45 PM
This committee has a lot to answer for.

Wisconsin a three? BS. They are a two.
USC as a six?
Oklahoma as a six?
Butler as a seven?
What a load. This is the worst bracket I've seen in some time.

Big Smooth
03-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Butler got hosed. I'm not upset about Indiana's seed because what do you expect when you finish the season playing that badly? All we had to do to avoid this kind of situation was beat Penn State and Minnesota at the very least, in which case we probably get a 6 seed at worst. Losing those two games kind of sends the signal that we are done for the year.

Big Smooth
03-16-2008, 05:48 PM
This committee has a lot to answer for.

Wisconsin a three? BS. They are a two.
USC as a six?
Oklahoma as a six?
Butler as a seven?
What a load. This is the worst bracket I've seen in some time.

I agree that this bracket has more head scratching seeding scenarios than I've seen in the past.

Trader Joe
03-16-2008, 05:49 PM
You can't tell me Purdue should be a six and we should be an eight. There is no logical way to justify that.

Wu-Gambino
03-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Butler didn't get hosed. They didn't play anyone good this year, there strength of schedule was way down in the mid-100s. They haven't even beat a team that is in the field right now, and they only played one team that was in the tournament (at home against Drake, which they lost by seven). They might have been deserving of a six seed.

There's no way Arizona and Kentucky should have made it over teams like Dayton or Illinois State, but that's a different story.

Coop
03-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Butler got hosed worse than anyone in the tourney. Weren't they ranked 8? So how the hell does what they've done justify a 7 seed. You can't tell me they are 25-28th in the country. I hope they beat Tennessee and I hope DJ White exposes Hansbrough in the second round. What a load of bull****..

ABADays
03-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Butler got hosed. I'm not upset about Indiana's seed because what do you expect when you finish the season playing that badly? All we had to do to avoid this kind of situation was beat Penn State and Minnesota at the very least, in which case we probably get a 6 seed at worst. Losing those two games kind of sends the signal that we are done for the year.

Pretty much agree. Indiana deserves what it got. Butler deserved much, much better.

Trader Joe
03-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Well if its about how you finish the season how is Virginia Tech not in, but a team like Baylor is?

obnoxiousmodesty
03-16-2008, 06:17 PM
I have a lot of problems with this bracket. Let's start with the local teams and the Big Ten.

First, 3 of the 4 teams from the state of Indiana are in a single bracket, and it's not even the Midwest bracket. Spread teams out or give them a shot at a more local regional. To do neither is absurd.

Second, Butler is better than a 7. They should be a 5 or 6. I do understand teams are slid up or down to satisfy the requirements of the Tournament, but a 7 is too high. Watch them play; they're one of the top 17-24 teams in the country.

Wisconsin should be a 2. They won the Big Ten regular season and conference titles. Bottom line, they should be a 2. Making them a 3 is a disgrace and a slap in the face to the Big Ten.

Speaking of a slap in the face, IU should not be an 8 seed. IU is a 7 at worst; I was expecting a 6. Purdue received a 6 and Michigan State a 5. IU should be on par seeding-wise with those programs. I don't believe they deserved to be slotted directly against the overall number 1 seed in the Tournament.

DisplacedKnick
03-16-2008, 06:26 PM
I agree on Butler getting screwed - I thought they were a 5.

Gotta say, while I thought IU was easily the lowest seed of the Big Ten teams, 8 seems a bit low. I had them as a 6, shading toward 7.

In fact, every Big Ten team was seeded exactly one spot lower than I thought they should be, execpt IU which was 2. But end-of-season nosedives are hard to calculate - I imagine they treated it as if IU had lost a key player for the season and immediately went in the toilet. Only in this case your key player was Sampson.

The funny thing is, if anything can get them fired up, a low seeding should do it.

It was a down year for the BT but if nothing else, Wisc should have been a 2.

Elgin56
03-16-2008, 06:36 PM
I wonder how the Sampson scandal figured into the equation? I know that they struggled after he was fired, but I think that they are being punished for Sampson's transgressions. They may even ban them from next years tournament.

Butler got screwed!

pwee31
03-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Butler is just crazy! I don't think they should've gotten lower then a 5... perhaps a 6. Drake got a 5 and I felt Butler was better then Drake, despite the loss to them.

I really don't understand IU as an 8 seed. As soon as i saw that, I was like what the hell! They shouldn't have been any lower then a 6th seed. It's kind like the Drake and Butler situation. IU beat Purdue (granted at home) Purdue loss on the road at Ohio St. and loss to Illinois (the 10 seed) in the BTT. IU loss a close on at PSU on the road, and loss to the 6 seed Gophers on one of those it was their day type of games.

It was also the 3rd time IU played Minnesota, in which 2 of the 3 games were close ones.

Yeah IU got blown out by Michigan St., but they also blew out Michigan St. earlier.

The only good reasoning I had was IU didn't beat enough good teams aside from Purdue and Michigan St. They loss to Wizzy twice and lost to UConn and Xavier.

All in all there's nothing you can do, just hope the Indiana teams can put a good run together.

If IU can get past Arkansas, I think the UNC game could be a good one! The matchup reminds of 2002 when IU beat Duke. Not saying IU will win, but I think they have a chance!

BoomBaby31
03-16-2008, 07:37 PM
8 seed is pretty low. I think we should be 6 max, the only good thing, is if we get past Arkansas we will see a great match up with UNC. B-Town will be buzzing for that game.

Anyone else watching Dicky V, pleading with Knight and Indiana to put a side their differences and go back to I.U? Pretty funny, that would be nice though.

Robertmto
03-16-2008, 08:49 PM
It's all ok guys. We get to see ND vs. IU in the sweet sixteen

avoidingtheclowns
03-16-2008, 09:00 PM
so IU doesn't beat penn state or minnesota but they'll beat UNC?

Shade
03-16-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm reluctant to complain about IU's seed because they'll probably turn around and flame out in the first round anyway.

With that said, Purdue does not deserve to be seeded two spots above IU. The two teams have been pretty much equal and should get the same seed, or one apart at most. A #8 seed is ridiculous.

Now, if we beat Arkansas, we're gonna get smoked by UNC. Fantastic.

Shade
03-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Wait a minute.

Michigan State got a #5 seed?

MICHIGAN STATE got a #5 SEED?!?!

That's some bull**** right there! :bs:

Kegboy
03-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Wait a minute.

Michigan State got a #5 seed?

MICHIGAN STATE got a #5 SEED?!?!

That's some bull**** right there! :bs:

Yep. It's obvious they just watched the BTT and that was it.

I don't care about our seed, it's nowhere near as ludicrous as Butler's. Still, wish we didn't have to play feel-good story Baylor.

Robertmto
03-16-2008, 10:13 PM
so IU doesn't beat penn state or minnesota but they'll beat UNC?

yea they will. You don;t think they will be playing alot harder against them?

I'm reluctant to complain about IU's seed because they'll probably turn around and flame out in the first round anyway.

With that said, Purdue does not deserve to be seeded two spots above IU. The two teams have been pretty much equal and should get the same seed, or one apart at most. A #8 seed is ridiculous.

Now, if we beat Arkansas, we're gonna get smoked by UNC. Fantastic.

Have faith....wait a minute, its Shade. NVM

PR07
03-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Butler got jobbed. They are the #10 team in the country with an RPI of 16, and they get a #7 seed? There not 24 teams that are better than Butler! This is a team that is stronger than last season's Sweet 16 team...and they get a bad seed, the hardest regional, and an away game @ Birmingham against South Alabama. Are you kidding me?

Tennessee got jobbed too. They were the best #2, yet got paired with the strongest #1 in UNC, the best #7 in the whole thing in Butler, and perhaps the strongest #3 in Louisville.

IU pretty much got what they deserved me thinks. They finished the season poorly, and the committee stresses that. Still, DJ White and Eric Gordon make them dangerous...and UNC may very well have their hands full if both play up to their full abilities (assuming IU can get through a tough Arkansas team).

Los Angeles
03-17-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm so glad that I stopped giving a **** about NCAA ball the moment I saw Bob Knight choking Neil Reed.

I am not a fairweather fan.

I saw the NCAA then for what it is: a system that enslaves its players for billion dollar profits and depends on gambling for its popularity.

tdubb03
03-17-2008, 03:01 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatourney08/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=3297287

That's an interview with the Selection Committe Chair, Tom O'Connor, about the bracket.

IU's 8 and Butler's 7 aren't mentioned, but there's still some info that didn't make much sense to me.

DisplacedKnick
03-17-2008, 05:33 AM
Yep. It's obvious they just watched the BTT and that was it.

I don't care about our seed, it's nowhere near as ludicrous as Butler's. Still, wish we didn't have to play feel-good story Baylor.

I'm not worried about Baylor - a bunch of wide-eyed, never-been-there players against a team that was in the tournament last year. I mean look at us? We'll put a bunch of wide-eyed, never-been-there freshmen on the floor and . . . Uh, never mind.

That's OK - I haven't even looked at the matchups yet but we're about a 2nd rd team this year. A Sweet Sisteen showing would be a huge bonus on top of a season that's already been a bonus for me.

Jonathan
03-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Both teams need to worry about their next game. I am looking forward to the IU vs Arkansas game should be an excellent match up. I feel IU is due for a big game.

Young
03-17-2008, 01:14 PM
I don't think that actually seeding is a big deal. It's all about matchups.

NC is the overall number one seed. But they are in the East and I think it is by far the toughest region. You have NC, Tenn, Louiville, ND, and Butler. IU is there too and they are capable of beating anyone in that region if they get their stuff together.

Now I said seeding isn't really a big deal but at least it should make sense. OK is a 6th seed, MSU is a 5, and Butler is 7? I think Butler is better than both.

BoomBaby31
03-17-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm so glad that I stopped giving a **** about NCAA ball the moment I saw Bob Knight choking Neil Reed.

I am not a fairweather fan.

I saw the NCAA then for what it is: a system that enslaves its players for billion dollar profits and depends on gambling for its popularity.

I wish I was enslaved by that program.

All sports revolve around gambling, follow the spreads and betting percentage, you'll look at sports in a different way. It is obvious Vegas plays a big factor in CERTIAN games.