PDA

View Full Version : Retro Uniforms

Roy Munson
01-29-2004, 11:15 AM
I really like the Pacers' retro uniforms. They are much better looking than their 'modern' uniforms. It would be great if they could make a bold move such as adopting the Retro's as their permanent 'look'. Of all the Retro's I've seen teams wearing, I'd say that the Pacers' are the most attractive.

The worst are -- obviously -- Atlanta's lime popsicle jerseys.

On the football side, I really like Detroit's Retro uniforms. There must be something about the simplicity that appeals to me.

Anyone else agree with this?

Kstat
01-29-2004, 11:24 AM
For the last 10 years, Lions fans have been BEGGING for the retro jerseys to be permanent.

I just don't get the Indy retro Unis. They're the EXACT SAME JERSEYS as Atlanta's, just in a different color scheme (thank god). I think the mid-90's unis were by far the best.

ChicagoJ
01-29-2004, 11:46 AM
I just don't get the Indy retro Unis. They're the EXACT SAME JERSEYS as Atlanta's, just in a different color scheme (thank god). I think the mid-90's unis were by far the best.

I'd like the Pacers retro jerseys better if (1) they were navy instead of royal blue, and (2) the name on the back of the jersey was above the stripe.

Having said that, I agree with KStat that they jerseys that Flo-Jo designed and were used from 1990-1997 were our best unis and IMO were the best looking unis in the league at that time. I know why they were replaced (needed to create a new Reggie jersey for $$$ purposes) but I wish they'd come back! I've never liked the pinstripes.

Hicks
01-29-2004, 11:52 AM
I feel like I'm the only Pacer fan on the planet that LIKES our current jerseys (except for those devilish gold jerseys :puke: ).

Hoop
01-29-2004, 01:05 PM
I don't like the Pacers retro jerseys, they look weird the way the stripe goes down to low in the back. It makes the name and number appear to low, the shorter guys practically have half their number tucked in their shorts.

I still like the FloJo ones the best.

ABADays
01-29-2004, 01:10 PM
If you took a good look at the real 'retro' uniform you would see a mistake has been made on the re-creation. The line across the back was not nearly as low and the names and numbers could easily be read. Not sure why they don't fix that.

Unclebuck
01-29-2004, 01:13 PM
I do like the Pacers current road blue uniforms

Slick Pinkham
01-29-2004, 01:54 PM
If you took a good look at the real 'retro' uniform you would see a mistake has been made on the re-creation. The line across the back was not nearly as low and the names and numbers could easily be read. Not sure why they don't fix that.

Exactly true. I tried to find a picture but couldn't. These picture (near the bottom) show players from the front-- the line was much higher on the shoulders in both the front and back, but especially in back.

http://www.remembertheaba.com/Indiana-Pacers.html

MagicRat
01-29-2004, 08:54 PM
From the Star:

Daniels honored

The Pacers wore their retro uniforms again as players from the ABA era were recognized.

Mel Daniels, the former center who's now the director of player personnel, was honored and fans received "coozie" drink holders bearing his likeness.

The current Pacers like the retro uniforms, but are complaining of poor quality. Letters and stripes are coming unstitched and shorts are shrinking in the wash.

"(Austin) Croshere's uniform looks like rats have been eating it!" one player shouted in the locker room before the game.
-------------------------------------------------------------

So in addition to the design flaw (obvious on AJ in this photo, if you're not distracted by the mesmerizing display of FT form by Pollard), there are quality issues.
http://home.comcast.net/~magic_rat/ac.jpg

MSA2CF
01-29-2004, 08:57 PM

I'd like the Pacers retro jerseys better if (1) they were navy instead of royal blue, and (2) the name on the back of the jersey was above the stripe.

Having said that, I agree with KStat that they jerseys that Flo-Jo designed and were used from 1990-1997 were our best unis and IMO were the best looking unis in the league at that time. I know why they were replaced (needed to create a new Reggie jersey for $$$ purposes) but I wish they'd come back! I've never liked the pinstripes.

Took the words right outta my mouth you guys! Bring those babies back!

Hicks
01-29-2004, 08:59 PM
:laugh: took me a minute to notice your photoshopping there, magicrat :D

MagicRat
01-29-2004, 10:06 PM

:confused:

Natston
01-29-2004, 10:09 PM

I guess Hicks didn't see that during the game... :loser:

MagicRat
01-29-2004, 10:21 PM

I guess Hicks didn't see that during the game... :loser:

Oh, I see what he's looking at now. I was too busy looking at Jahidi White and his Mini-Me striking a pose to notice Willard, errr, I mean Austin.....

Natston
01-29-2004, 10:26 PM
How could you miss Socrates?

ChicagoJ
01-30-2004, 10:49 AM
If you're gonna photoshop the thing, please get rid of Pollard's FT technique. EEEKS!?

MagicRat
01-30-2004, 10:57 AM
If you're gonna photoshop the thing, please get rid of Pollard's FT technique. EEEKS!?

Hey, he made 'em both. I'm not going to argue with success. If you saw his left-handed lay-up attempt that nearly went through the backboard, you know where he needs to spend his time.....

rabid
01-30-2004, 11:48 AM
I actually like the current Pacers unis... I'd like the retro uniforms better if they had a border of some kind around the sleeves. As it is, they look weird - like cutoffs or something...

And I actually LOVE the retro Atlanta uniforms. I think that lime-green color is pretty awesome, actually. Though apparently I'm the only fan in the entire NBA who thinks so... :unimpressed:

Roaming Gnome
01-30-2004, 10:17 PM
I just hope that when we do have another uni change, I just hope that it is something that is forward thinking like the Flo-Jo's and not just another plain uni's like the ones we have now. Heck, I wish they would have just kept the Flo-Jo's

kerosene
01-30-2004, 10:54 PM
I think the Warriors "The City" retros are pretty cool (which I believe they're wearing tonight btw). Love the Pacers ones also.

Snickers
01-31-2004, 12:10 PM
And I actually LOVE the retro Atlanta uniforms. I think that lime-green color is pretty awesome, actually. Though apparently I'm the only fan in the entire NBA who thinks so... :unimpressed:

I like 'em too. :D

rabid
01-31-2004, 12:36 PM

I like 'em too. :D :rock: