PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo WIFI Connection Help

Lord Helmet
03-13-2008, 08:56 PM
I recently got the Nintendo DS/WII WIFI USB Adapter for my PC so I can play online with my WII and DS.

It looks like a thumb drive and you plug it in your PC's USB slot and install it and it makes WIFI connections for your DS/WII.

I got the thing for Christmas and I tried to install it and it the installation didn't work, it said I needed to disable some Anti-Virus programs I had running. I click stop and I turn off about every one I know of that I run. It still doesn't work, and then I notice that my PC is not even picking up that I have something in my USB slot.

Normally the USB Adapter will be flashing orange, and it did the first time, but ever since then it doesn't and it my PC doesn't notice it being in my USB slot. But, oddly enough, my PC still makes the you just plugged in something to your PC chime, like when you plug in an iPod or whatnot.

I don't know what the deal is, and any help would be appreciated.

Suaveness
03-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Did you try a different USB slot? Also, I'd try doing it on another computer, just to make sure the USB adapter works properly. I don't use the adapter for my Wii since I have wireless, but that can help some

Lord Helmet
03-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Did you try a different USB slot? Also, I'd try doing it on another computer, just to make sure the USB adapter works properly. I don't use the adapter for my Wii since I have wireless, but that can help some
I don't even remember if I used another slot. I have about 6 on my PC.

The weird thing is that it worked on the slot that doesn't work now.

Shade
03-14-2008, 12:53 PM
I had similar issues when I first got mine, managed to fix it somehow, and now have no problems with it. :shrug:

If I remember what I did, I'll let you know.

You may try shutting off your firewall, and then reinstalling it.

Suaveness
03-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Try using another slot...maybe it'll work then. And yeah, do the firewall thing as well, see if that works.

travmil
03-14-2008, 01:27 PM
What is your network configuration? Meaning how is everything connected to the broadband? wired router? Wireless router? What brands?

Lord Helmet
03-14-2008, 06:15 PM
What is your network configuration? Meaning how is everything connected to the broadband? wired router? Wireless router? What brands?
My PC is connected straight to the modem, so is my Xbox 360. The only wireless thing we have is my internet connects to another PC downstairs.

LINKSYS is the brand of Wired/Wireless router, I have. Internet is from Insight/Comcast.

travmil
03-14-2008, 06:33 PM
My PC is connected straight to the modem, so is my Xbox 360. The only wireless thing we have is my internet connects to another PC downstairs.

LINKSYS is the brand of Wired/Wireless router, I have. Internet is from Insight/Comcast.

So you do have a wireless router? Does your Wii not see your wireless network or something? If it does see your wireless router and not connect it's probably due to MAC filtering being enabled. I can help you with that if that is the case.

Lord Helmet
03-14-2008, 07:13 PM
So you do have a wireless router? Does your Wii not see your wireless network or something? If it does see your wireless router and not connect it's probably due to MAC filtering being enabled. I can help you with that if that is the case.
It sees our connection, and that it is blocked by a WEP code, and I have all the codes and when I type any in, it gives me an error code 51100, I think it was.