PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever had any problems with Gamefly?

travmil
03-12-2008, 12:37 PM
I've had Gamefly for a long time now. Over a year and had no problems until recently. Two weeks ago they sent me Assassin's Creed and Burnout Paradise. I knew something was wrong. I get an e-mail that they are sent and it's in my mailox within two days, like clockwork. By the 4th day the games still had not arrived so I called to let them know. It seems that they were either lost or stolen in the mail. They seemed to believe that they were stolen on the way to my mailbox, because even though they arrived in Indianapolis on the same day, they came from shipping centers in two different areas of the country. They thought, and I agree that it was unlikely that both had been lost. So, they basically write it off and send those same two games again, and they still did not arrive. Now they are convinced that I am lying to them and that I have all 4 games. They are threatening to cancel my account and charge me for all 4 games. I called the post office and the postmaster assures me that the 4 items never came through his post office. Has anyone ever had a similar problem with Gamefly, Netflix, or the Blockbuster service?

bellisimo
03-12-2008, 03:11 PM
I had cases with netflix where the movies were never received from my side - I ticked off the "movie lost in mail" or something like it and had ordered the same movie again...it arrived the second time ago...mind you this was over 5 years ago so i don't know if anything has changed as far as their policy but it happened several times without any red flags being raised from their side about any concerns of me stealing movies which i was not.

travmil
03-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Well it doesn't matter now. I've talked to them again and they have changed their tune. I had the postmaster call them. The games were at the main Indy post office sorting facility, but never made it to my local post office. Oh well.

Hicks
03-12-2008, 06:55 PM
I was gonna say. Surely getting a connection (either through written proof, or talking) between Gamefly and the post office would get them off your back.

I used to be a netflix user, but I've never tried Gamefly. This episode aside, how do you like it?

How often do you use it?

How much is it for two games at once?

travmil
03-12-2008, 09:28 PM
I was gonna say. Surely getting a connection (either through written proof, or talking) between Gamefly and the post office would get them off your back.

I used to be a netflix user, but I've never tried Gamefly. This episode aside, how do you like it?

How often do you use it?

How much is it for two games at once?

Well, I'm willing to give them a pass here because up until this I have been nothing but happy with them. I have the two game plan, obviously, and it costs me $24.33 a month. So it's more expensive than something like Netflix, but so is the product they are sending. Plus I don't have to risk buying a game I might not like. When a game is a few weeks old they will sell it to you used for prices that are usually right on what Gamestop is selling them for. If you decide to keep the game they charge you for it and send you the box and instructions for free. I think it's better than Gamestop though because you already have the game and know that it works. I think Blockbuster and Hollywood Video charge $7 to rent new games for 5 days, so compared to that it's way cheaper. I think their introductory first month rate is something like $15 for the two game plan. So you could check it out for a month or two and decide if it's for you or not. One thing I will say is that they encourage you to keep a ton of games in your Q, but I never do. I usually just keep a few, five or six at most. What happened when I first signed up was that I put like 25 games in my Q. I had Call of Duty 3 and Dead Rising at the top but they kept sending me things that were WAY down my Q like Rockstar Table Tennis. So I just put those few in to keep them from sending me something further down the list when I'd rather have what's at the top. Sometimes that means waiting a day or two to get it shipped but I'm OK with that.