PDA

View Full Version : Are we going to do forum awards

Unclebuck
06-04-2004, 03:48 PM
I always enjoyed this at Indystar forum-during the summer voting on forum awards. Who used to always do them?

Some of the categories that I can remember

Rookie poster of the year. Kstat you are not eligible this year.

Most humerous poster

MVP poster

There was a category like coach of the year for the most knowledgable I think.

Favorite poster.

There were like 10 different categories, but I can't think of them all.

When should we do these. Are we going to wait until the dog days of August or in the next few weeks when this place will still be active. I vote to do this in June sometime.

Pig Nash
06-04-2004, 03:48 PM
I think we should do it soon.

Natston
06-04-2004, 03:52 PM
We should add some more categories as well... :devil:

MagicRat
06-04-2004, 03:55 PM
Just as a warning: If somebody tries to give me a crybaby award, I'll see to it that you're fired................

Dukins
06-04-2004, 03:55 PM
Hey im new, hopefully i can get nominated for something "MOST IMPROVED POSTER." Hey no one line jokes. :boxer:

Hicks
06-04-2004, 03:56 PM
PFFL used to do it.

Anyone remember all the categories?

Natston
06-04-2004, 03:56 PM
Just as a warning :cry: : If somebody :cry: tries to give me :cry: a crybaby :cry: award, I'll see :cry: to it that you're fired :cry: ................

:D

Pig Nash
06-04-2004, 03:57 PM
:unimpressed:

Unclebuck
06-04-2004, 04:04 PM
As I remember it they were all positive. Although a fun category I just remembered was the poster you loved to hate. There were several in the running over there, not sure if there are any over here.

There was also one for the most argumentative poster. Or the poster you love to argue with.

there was also one for your favorite non-Pacers fan, that was always a good category.

ABADays
06-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Boy, you are just asking for it Magic!

Pig Nash
06-04-2004, 04:07 PM
whoa naturallystoned! that avi is way too big.

Hicks
06-04-2004, 04:29 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3977

:pimp:

TheSauceMaster
06-04-2004, 04:43 PM
I don't have a problems with awards except for this one

Most Fanatical Poster - Who is the biggest die-hard fan? Who's the most fanatical Pacer fan? Who's done the most to show his Pacer Pride?

We are all Die Hard Pacers Fans or we wouldn't be here and too choose 1 person is kinda stupid.

MagicRat
06-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Who is the biggest die-hard fan?

Are we talking weight or height?....

Pig Nash
06-04-2004, 04:48 PM
ok now i'm :impressed:

Hicks
06-04-2004, 04:49 PM
Sauce, focus on the last question in the description; that's really what we're looking for. Who's done the most "fanatical" thing to show their Pacer Pride?

For example, I won this award in 2002, because NBA.com had different tournament style polls involving "best dunk" pictures, and other popularity contests.

Knowing that the obvious people were destined to win, I wanted to rock the vote, so I dug around found a good autoclick program, disallowed cookies from NBA.com so they couldn't remember my vote, and just left the autoclick to vote for the Pacers people over and over and over, and it worked :devil: The funny part though was people caught on to what I was doing, and COUNTER-mass voted! :laugh: So it became this war between fans of different teams, as a bunch of us left our autoclicks on for days to add huge amounts of votes to the system. I'm the reason why NBA.com now has better meaures to prevent voting twice. :laugh:

Snickers
06-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Sauce, focus on the last question in the description; that's really what we're looking for. Who's done the most "fanatical" thing to show their Pacer Pride?

For example, I won this award in 2002, because NBA.com had different tournament style polls involving "best dunk" pictures, and other popularity contests.

Knowing that the obvious people were destined to win, I wanted to rock the vote, so I dug around found a good autoclick program, disallowed cookies from NBA.com so they couldn't remember my vote, and just left the autoclick to vote for the Pacers people over and over and over, and it worked :devil: The funny part though was people caught on to what I was doing, and COUNTER-mass voted! :laugh: So it became this war between fans of different teams, as a bunch of us left our autoclicks on for days to add huge amounts of votes to the system. I'm the reason why NBA.com now has better meaures to prevent voting twice. :laugh:

Ooh, now I get it. Most fanatical = most likely to have no life. :D

:flirt:

MSA2CF
06-04-2004, 05:16 PM
I say: Interpret fanatical any way you want.

I know that's what I'm doing. :dancingbavetta:

Bball
06-04-2004, 07:10 PM
Most Pessimistic was one (I won that one once).

Most Argumentative was another though there was some argument in that voting whether it should go to a good debater or to someone that just argues in circles. I don't remember what was decided.

-Bball

Hicks
06-04-2004, 08:51 PM
Most Pessimistic was one (I won that one once).

Most Argumentative was another though there was some argument in that voting whether it should go to a good debater or to someone that just argues in circles. I don't remember what was decided.

-Bball

*cough*

http://www.pacersdigest.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3977

:pimp:

It's already been put together. :)

Kstat
06-04-2004, 08:57 PM
I just remembered was the poster you loved to hate. There were several in the running over there, not sure if there are any over here.

SASSAN CHAUNCEY AND I were always in the mix if I remember correctly.

I was still a distant third though..

:(

Maybe I can breakout this year.

lol
:dance: :pepper:

Writerman won the award going away if I recall.....clearly, it went to his head......

Kstat
06-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Don't forget the "best non-pacer fan" award

Hicks
06-04-2004, 09:04 PM
Don't forget the "best non-pacer fan" award

That's what we're calling the "Best Foreigner Award" now.

TMJ31
06-04-2004, 11:17 PM

I SOO remember that--- I was right there with you, put in hundreds of thousands of votes :)