PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Big Ten Tournament Predictions

Shade
03-11-2008, 01:03 AM
The schedule can be found here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/champweek2008/news/story?page=ncb_champweek2008#big10

My predictions:

ROUND 1:
#8 Iowa vs. #9 Michigan - Iowa
#7 Penn State vs. #10 Illinois - Illinois
#6 Minnesota vs. #11 Northwestern - Minnesota

QUARTERFINALS:
#1 Wisconsin vs. #8 Iowa - Wisconsin
#2 Purdue vs. #10 Illinois - Illinois
#3 Indiana vs. #6 Minnesota - Indiana
#4 Michigan State vs. #5 Ohio State - Ohio State

SEMIFINALS:
#1 Wisconsin vs. #5 Ohio State - Wisconsin
#2 Purdue vs. #3 Indiana - Purdue

CHAMPIONSHIP:
#1 Wisconsin vs. #2 Purdue - Purdue

Trader Joe
03-11-2008, 03:21 AM
Championship game is Indiana vs. Purdue. Wisconsin doesn't match up with the Boilers well and I don't see the Badgers beating us for the third time.

avoidingtheclowns
03-11-2008, 09:35 AM
Championship game is Indiana vs. Purdue. Wisconsin doesn't match up with the Boilers well and I don't see the Badgers beating us for the third time.

i didn't really see penn state beating us once so...

ROUND 1:
#8 Iowa vs. #9 Michigan - Michigan

QUARTERFINALS:
#1 Wisconsin vs. #9 Michigan - Wisconsin
#2 Purdue vs. #10 Illinois - Purdue
#4 Michigan State vs. #5 Ohio State - Michigan State

SEMIFINALS:
#1 Wisconsin vs. #4 Michigan State - Wisconsin

CHAMPIONSHIP:

Trader Joe
03-11-2008, 02:55 PM
i didn't really see penn state beating us once so...

ROUND 1:
#8 Iowa vs. #9 Michigan - Michigan

QUARTERFINALS:
#1 Wisconsin vs. #9 Michigan - Wisconsin
#2 Purdue vs. #10 Illinois - Purdue

SEMIFINALS:

CHAMPIONSHIP:

True, but I'm trying to take a positive outlook for the big ten tourney. If the wheels fall of here, I'll be doom and gloom to the max.

grace
03-11-2008, 09:38 PM
ROUND 1:
#8 Iowa vs. #9 Michigan - Iowa
#7 Penn State vs. #10 Illinois - Penn State

QUARTERFINALS:
#1 Wisconsin vs. #8 Iowa - Wisconsin
#2 Purdue vs. #7 Penn State - Purdue
#3 Indiana vs. #6 Minnesota - Minnesota

SEMIFINALS:
#2 Purdue vs. #6 Minnesota - Purdue

CHAMPIONSHIP:

Coop
03-11-2008, 10:35 PM
#3 Indiana vs. #6 Minnesota - Minnesota

Boooooo!! :thumbdown

Kstat
03-12-2008, 03:42 AM
Michigan will embarrass themselves for the 10th consecutive year. That's my only prediction.

Shade
03-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Michigan will embarrass themselves for the 10th consecutive year. That's my only prediction.

Results so far:

Michigan 55, Iowa 47

;)

Shade
03-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Oh, and the more I think about it, the more I wouldn't be surprised if OSU (or MSU) knocked off Wiscy. But I'm gonna stay with the Badgers "officially."

Shade
03-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Illinois 64, Penn State 63

The Illini lucked out.

On the shocker front, so far, N'western is up 34-18 on Minnesota. :eek:

grace
03-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Boooooo!! :thumbdown

My first instinct in making that pick was the hope of getting that kind of reaction from Shade. Then I decided MN really could beat them.

If it makes you feel any better I'm doing really well with my picks.

Shade
03-13-2008, 07:19 PM
And IU will play...

Minnesota, who came back from 16 down to nip Northwestern, 55-52.

Shade
03-13-2008, 07:20 PM
My first instinct in making that pick was the hope of getting that kind of reaction from Shade. Then I decided MN really could beat them.

If it makes you feel any better I'm doing really well with my picks.

Thing is, it wouldn't shock me if it happened. I think our destiny is to lose to you dirty Boilers in the next round, though. I'm sure the NCAA is chomping at the bit to see an IU/PU match-up in Conseco.

grace
03-13-2008, 08:48 PM
In a perfect world the finals would be Purdue against Michigan State.

Shade
03-13-2008, 08:50 PM
In a perfect world the finals would be Purdue against Michigan State.

1) Why?
2) I could see it happening.

Isaac
03-13-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm going tomorrow hopefully to congratulate my Bucks on a win that wraps them up as a Tourny team.

I'm very excited to see how it turns out, because Ohio State can, and should beat Wisconsin if they get another shot at them. Indiana is actually the team i think the Bucks match up worst against. DJ White absolutely kills our weak frontline.

grace
03-13-2008, 10:41 PM
1) Why?
2) I could see it happening.

1) Because I grew up an MSU fan. It's Kegboy's fault I even give Purdue a second thought.

2) It will if MSU plays with their heads on their shoulders instead of in a body orifice.

Kegboy
03-13-2008, 10:54 PM
1) Why?

Because her brothers went to MSU and Purdue, respectively. Also, her parents and half her cousins went to State, but that's balanced by the fact that for ever Magic Johnson and Scott Skiles they produce, they also turn out an Andre Rison and Zach Randolph.

She went to Indiana State, but why would she ever root for the school Bird went to?

:puke:

pwee31
03-14-2008, 12:04 AM
I was actually glad Purdue beat Michigan after IU lost to PSU b/c i did not want to play Illinois.

I knew that Illinois would end up playing the #2 seed, and Bruce Weber coaches his hardest against IU. I've never seen him as amped up as he is when he coaches against IU

I really hope IU beats Minnesota, so I can actually watch them Sat.

Rather it's against Purdue or Illinois... either or will be fun to watch!!!

grace
03-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Because her brothers went to MSU and Purdue, respectively. Also, her parents and half her cousins went to State, but that's balanced by the fact that for ever Magic Johnson and Scott Skiles they produce, they also turn out an Andre Rison and Zach Randolph.

She went to Indiana State, but why would she ever root for the school Bird went to?

:puke:

You forgot aunts and uncles (some actually work there).

I do root for Indiana State (I just ignore the fact that Larry went there). It's actually more of an "ick they lost again" or "gee, they actually won."

Shade
03-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Wisconsin and Michigan State will play each other in the semis after dispatching Michigan and OSU, respectively.

I think OSU will still get into the tourney, but there's a chance that neither of last season's finalists (Florida and Ohio State) will make the tourney this year. :eek:

George Foreman
03-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Going down to Indianapolis to see the Semi-Finals and was wondering how the view is from the upper level.

Trader Joe
03-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Wisconsin and Michigan State will play each other in the semis after dispatching Michigan and OSU, respectively.

I think OSU will still get into the tourney, but there's a chance that neither of last season's finalists (Florida and Ohio State) will make the tourney this year. :eek:

Florida has bigger issues than whether or not they are in the tournament. Donovan clearly isn't happy about still being second fiddle to the football team after back to back national championships in baksetball. Not to mention he isn't happy with the effort he got from his team. If I were IU I would be giving Donovan a call.

Trader Joe
03-14-2008, 08:59 PM
You all should not quite your day jobs... :lol:
This is what happens to young teams in tournament play.

Doug
03-14-2008, 09:08 PM
I

L

L

Big Smooth
03-14-2008, 09:08 PM
BOILER DOWN! :D

t1hs0n
03-14-2008, 09:10 PM
So much for all the PU love at the start of this thread.

obnoxiousmodesty
03-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Let's go Hoosiers!

Lord Helmet
03-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Sucks there can't be an Indiana - Purdue matchup.....

George Foreman
03-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Sucks that there can't be an IU - anyone matchup!! Ah, well I guess Wisconsin v. Illinios may be an ok game.

Trader Joe
03-15-2008, 12:27 AM
LMAO the Big Ten has to be killing themselves right now. No Indiana teams in the semis.

I hate this team. I can't wait til Dakich and Gordon are gone. I feel awful for DJ. I hate sports.

grace
03-15-2008, 12:31 AM
I'll admit it. I actually feel kind of bad of DJ White. I never thought I'd say that.

On the other hand I don't feel so bad about Purdue losing. I guess I'm just schizophrenic that way.

FireTheCoach
03-15-2008, 01:14 AM
Wheres all those threads about how f'n killa Gordon is? I'm sure he's good enough that he'll be in the league next season but he's bench material in the NBA at best. Thats MHO anyway.

Big Smooth
03-15-2008, 01:23 AM
Wheres all those threads about how f'n killa Gordon is? I'm sure he's good enough that he'll be in the league next season but he's bench material in the NBA at best. Thats MHO anyway.

I have to believe his hand is hurt worse than we know because I don't see any other way that a kid loses his shooting touch that badly in the course of one season. I'm not making any predictions on his success in the NBA as he does have other things to work on but I'm pretty certain that we aren't seeing the real EJ lately due to that hand.

FireTheCoach
03-15-2008, 01:38 AM
I have to believe his hand is hurt worse than we know because I don't see any other way that a kid loses his shooting touch that badly in the course of one season. I'm not making any predictions on his success in the NBA as he does have other things to work on but I'm pretty certain that we aren't seeing the real EJ lately due to that hand.

Yeah, you have a point there I suppose.

Trader Joe
03-15-2008, 01:47 AM
Gordon's hand is supposedly getting better yet this was the worst performance he has had all year. He even had a less restrictive brace on tonight. Plus he is just plain dumb. He didn't go to the hole nearly enough tonight. Jacked up what six threes? WHat a joke.

FireTheCoach
03-15-2008, 02:07 AM
Gordon's hand is supposedly getting better yet this was the worst performance he has had all year. He even had a less restrictive brace on tonight. Plus he is just plain dumb. He didn't go to the hole nearly enough tonight. Jacked up what six threes? WHat a joke.

I think you'll find a whole lot of people that agree with you on this but his fans are some rabid loyalists. They'll tell you EG is one of the best theyve ever seen and he's a sure thing at the NBA level... I'm not convinced though.

Shade
03-15-2008, 02:14 AM
Wow, what a crappy *** BTT this has turned out to be. :thumbsdow

Trader Joe
03-15-2008, 02:15 AM
I think you'll find a whole lot of people that agree with you on this but his fans are some rabid loyalists. They'll tell you EG is one of the best theyve ever seen and he's a sure thing at the NBA level... I'm not convinced though.

He was at the start of the season, but he has regressed at an incredible rate. Its hard to believe.

Shade
03-15-2008, 02:15 AM

Bet?

Trader Joe
03-15-2008, 02:16 AM
Bet?

Did you see him tonight Shade?

Shade
03-15-2008, 02:18 AM
Oh, and what a lucky shot by Minnesota. Laettner-esque, that one was.

Shade
03-15-2008, 02:19 AM
Did you see him tonight Shade?

So, a bad game means he's an auto-bust?

I think it'll do him well to play for someone who can actually coach.

Shade
03-15-2008, 02:21 AM
And just to get it off my chest, Dakich is a ****ing HORRIBLE coach. Minnesota should never have even been in a position to catch that ball.

Trader Joe
03-15-2008, 02:23 AM
So, a bad game means he's an auto-bust?

I think it'll do him well to play for someone who can actually coach.

Dakich may be horrible, but is it his fault that Gordon settled for jump shot after jump shot? I mean its not like it was any different against Penn State. He missed his last eight from the field in that game.

Shade
03-15-2008, 02:46 AM
Dakich may be horrible, but is it his fault that Gordon settled for jump shot after jump shot? I mean its not like it was any different against Penn State. He missed his last eight from the field in that game.

Well, the coach typically tells the players what to do, so...

And last I checked, Dakich also "coached" the Penn State game.

IU's three worst losses of the season have come under Dakich.

Sollozzo
03-15-2008, 02:46 AM
Bad loss for IU, but I'm not surprised one bit. And re-Gordon, he was suburb against weak schools early in the season, but as the Big-10 season wore on he began to look like a normal freshman. Another year would do him wonders.

Is it just me, or has Bobby Knight done an exceptional job on ESPN?

FireTheCoach
03-15-2008, 02:52 AM
Bet?

sure ...

He'll go to some ultra lame team so his chances at getting PT are good but thats a pretty lame way of judging his success at the NBA level. Just making a team wont be good enough, he'll have to be a starter before the end of his rookie season or you loose.

Im just saying that he's got a fair amount of room for development before he'll be a legit starting guard for anything other than a handfull of mediocre to poor NBA teams. The only thing he really does well, at least the only thing I've seen, is hit 3s from pro range. He doesn't handle the ball well, he's not a defensive stopper, he's not a prolific passer and he makes some questionable desicions on the court. He's decent on the drive and he's got NBA range on his jumper....

tdubb03
03-15-2008, 05:43 AM
I wish Comcast weren't so money-hungry so I could have watched Illinois shoot 70%+ in the 2nd half taking out my Boilers. Anyone able to tell me why Hummel only took 4 shots, a couple of which were o-board putbacks?

PS: E'Twuan Moore is going to be a better NBA player than Gordon. YEAH I SAID IT, and in 3 years we'll be able to find out.,

D-BONE
03-15-2008, 08:15 AM
PS: E'Twuan Moore is going to be a better NBA player than Gordon. YEAH I SAID IT, and in 3 years we'll be able to find out.,

I think there's a realistic chance of this happening.

=Adam1987
Bad loss for IU, but I'm not surprised one bit. And re-Gordon, he was suburb against weak schools early in the season, but as the Big-10 season wore on he began to look like a normal freshman. Another year would do him wonders.

I think this is an accurate observation. Again, there's no question Gordon has talent, but how can anybody think this guy is ready to go in and make a significant contribution on the pro level at this point? Or even that it's likely he'll be an above-average player when it's all said and done.

As far as the game, if Gordon (especially) and White make FTs in the last minute, the game is not in jeopardy. I think it was Ellis who was about an inch off of intercepting the final pass that resulted in the winning basket? I'd say they choked plain and simple. Not to mention they showed up unprepared to match Minny's intensity until the entire first half hand nearly elapsed.

Although the reasons and situation are drastically different, both Sampson and Dackich blow. They ruined the team. Dakich's only last hope being an unexpected NCAA run. Have Crawford and Ellis improved/developed at all over the year? Could Basset's play be more inconsistent? Great job by Thomas to keep the weight down during the season. Where was he at all year other than the last few games? How about a real offense?

The coaching staff sold out on the Gordon and White show at the cost of running a team-concept offense and serious development of other talented players. Add in the Sampson crisis and this it the result.

DisplacedKnick
03-15-2008, 08:21 AM
Well, two teams with a shot at a NCAA 3 seed will get 5-6 seeds.

We're not ready to make a lot of noise in the NCAA's yet. We'll be out in the 2nd rd, probably (it's all matchups in the tourney but we're just not that good yet). Not sure about IU - I haven't been able to figure them out. I think they could suddenly click and get to the Elite 8 - or they could get bounced in the 1st rd. And I can't pick which.

Kegboy
03-15-2008, 09:51 AM
I wish the Big Ten weren't so money-hungry

Fixed. They're the one's who started this mess. $10 million per school, per year, almost Three Billion Dollars over the next 25 years. And who gets to pay that?

:wave: :suicide5:

grace
03-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Wow, what a crappy *** BTT this has turned out to be. :thumbsdow

While I'm not at all happy that Purdue lost if you look at in the greater scheme of things it's actually been a good tournament for the most part. The Purdue game went into overtime. Indiana came back on got beat on a last second shot.

Of course it helps that I really like Bruce Webber and Tubby Smith so maybe I'm biased. :shrug:

grace
03-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Oh, and what a lucky shot by Minnesota. Laettner-esque, that one was.

Considering the guy made a game winning shot from his tookus in his high school finals I'd say it's more skill than luck.

Shade
03-15-2008, 12:40 PM
sure ...

He'll go to some ultra lame team so his chances at getting PT are good but thats a pretty lame way of judging his success at the NBA level. Just making a team wont be good enough, he'll have to be a starter before the end of his rookie season or you loose.

Im just saying that he's got a fair amount of room for development before he'll be a legit starting guard for anything other than a handfull of mediocre to poor NBA teams. The only thing he really does well, at least the only thing I've seen, is hit 3s from pro range. He doesn't handle the ball well, he's not a defensive stopper, he's not a prolific passer and he makes some questionable desicions on the court. He's decent on the drive and he's got NBA range on his jumper....

I never said that EJ would dominate out of college. He still needs to work on some things, I've been saying that since the beginning. But he's going to be a special player in a few years.

Coop
03-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Gordon is 4-22 3pt field goals his past two games. 3 of those 3's came in a 2 minute time period against Penn State. So take that out and he is 1-19.

I've been on the Gordon bandwagon all year, but last night I found myself wishing he was already gone. I felt like he was really starting to play well against Michigan State and Purdue when we beat them in Assembly Hall, but he has taken 20 steps backwards in the past couple weeks. I understand some people go through shooting droughts, but most are intelligent enough to know that you have to stop shooting at some point or else you're going to drag the team down.

I really feel bad for DJ. I'm still very young so I never got to watch some of the great past IU teams, but DJ is by far my favorite Hoosier of all time. It's really unforunate that he has to go out like this. He's put so much energy and time into this program to make himself a better player and help out the team and what does he get? A bunch of teammates that have quit and would rather the season be over..It's disgusting.

Whoever RG decides to hire this summer better have a damn good history of overachieving teams because this team will be horrific if not. Some don't want to admit it, but Ebanks is gone. So is Holloway, who would have been our only true point guard next year. Our starting lineup will probably be Bassett, Crawford, Ellis, Thomas, and Taber. That's if no one leaves. It seems like nothing can go right for Indiana basketball lately.

grace
03-15-2008, 12:41 PM
And just to get it off my chest, Dakich is a ****ing HORRIBLE coach. Minnesota should never have even been in a position to catch that ball.

How in the hell is that the coach's fault? I'm still trying to figure out why DJ didn't jump to block it.

I suppose it's the coaches fault that IU was down by so much and the players came back all on their own.

Shade
03-15-2008, 12:46 PM

Is it just me, or has Bobby Knight done an exceptional job on ESPN?

EJ has played well against some good teams this season, including Wisconsin, Purdue, and Michigan State (twice).

Coop
03-15-2008, 12:47 PM
How in the hell is that the coach's fault? I'm still trying to figure out why DJ didn't jump to block it.

I suppose it's the coaches fault that IU was down by so much and the players came back all on their own.

It's the coach's responsibility to prepare his players mentally and have them focused before the game. Out of the 5-6 games he's coached, I haven't seen that once. His in game coaching is terrible. It took him the entire game against Northwestern to realize playing man against their offense wasn't going to work. As a result, Kevin ****ing Coble went off for like 36 points. He doesn't hold players accountable for their actions and because of it, the team is losing. I find it funny how people don't want to place any of the blame on Dakich. Yes, the players have seemed less than motivated lately, but DD has done absolutely nothing to try and correct that from what I've seen in games.

Shade
03-15-2008, 12:49 PM

Dakich shouldn't have had anybody guarding the inbounds. You send all 5 guys to intercept/knock down the pass. 5 vs. 4.

D-BONE
03-15-2008, 01:19 PM
It's the coach's responsibility to prepare his players mentally and have them focused before the game. Out of the 5-6 games he's coached, I haven't seen that once. His in game coaching is terrible. It took him the entire game against Northwestern to realize playing man against their offense wasn't going to work. As a result, Kevin ****ing Coble went off for like 36 points. He doesn't hold players accountable for their actions and because of it, the team is losing. I find it funny how people don't want to place any of the blame on Dakich. Yes, the players have seemed less than motivated lately, but DD has done absolutely nothing to try and correct that from what I've seen in games.

See my earlier post, but to recap, I was unimpressed by both Sampson and Dackich, to some extent for obviously different reasons. However, I think you can make an equally valid argument that the position in which Dackich was placed was not at all enviable from a coaching standpoint. Players lose the coach to whom they truly looked. Then they prefer/support McCallum but wind up having Dackich imposed upon them.

I reiteratre, I would be amazed and disappointed if the interim title is taken off Dackich. I'm glad Sampson is gone and I'll be glad Dackich is, too.

Shade
03-15-2008, 01:24 PM
See my earlier post, but to recap, I was unimpressed by both Sampson and Dackich, to some extent for obviously different reasons. However, I think you can make an equally valid argument that the position in which Dackich was placed was not at all enviable from a coaching standpoint. Players lose the coach to whom they truly looked. Then they prefer/support McCallum but wind up having Dackich imposed upon them.

I reiteratre, I would be amazed and disappointed if the interim title is taken off Dackich. I'm glad Sampson is gone and I'll be glad Dackich is, too.

Perhaps, but you can't compare the two. In terms of coaching ability, Sampson >>>>>>>>>> Dakich. The season was over once those allegations surfaced.

Trader Joe
03-15-2008, 01:25 PM
I may be angry with Gordon, but anyone thinking Moore will be a better pro is kidding themselves. I don't think Gordon's going to be a world beater at this point or anything, but Moore isn't better.

Bball
03-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Dakich shouldn't have had anybody guarding the inbounds. You send all 5 guys to intercept/knock down the pass. 5 vs. 4.

Didn't IU lose a game, possibly when Dakich was playing, possibly while Dakich was an IU assistant, where Knight elected not to guard the inbounder which allowed the inbounder to have a clean view of the floor (and no obstacle to throw the ball around) and he got the ball to someone for a winning basket?

Lots of people were harping then about the decision -not- to guard the inbounder with a big man and make the pass more difficult.

...Maybe Dakich remembered that too..

--
All that said- I haven't seen any of the BTT so maybe the above isn't even remotely connected or similar.

-Bball

Kstat
03-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Been a long time since I saw so many people in conseco to watch a basketball game...

Robertmto
03-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Been a long time since I saw so many people in conseco to watch a basketball game...

its sold out again

pwee31
03-15-2008, 05:04 PM

Yet Kentucky is still wishing they would've pressured the inbounder against Duke.

No matter what you decide, if the other team hits a shot like that, in a moment like that. There will be a lot of second guessing going on in the aftermath.

If the guy wouldn't have hit the shot, it would have been a brilliant move to guard the inbounder.

pwee31
03-15-2008, 05:04 PM

Ouch! I felt that one from my couch :laugh:

grace
03-15-2008, 05:36 PM
The season was over once those allegations surfaced.

So maybe you should be blaming Sampson instead of everyone else.

grace
03-15-2008, 05:43 PM
I find it funny how people don't want to place any of the blame on Dakich. Yes, the players have seemed less than motivated lately, but DD has done absolutely nothing to try and correct that from what I've seen in games.

Unless you're in the huddle, on the bench, or in the lock room I don't know how anyone can know what the coaches are doing to try and fix what's wrong with a team.

For all I know this is kind of like what happened with the Pacers. One thing goes wrong and it all snowballs and no one knows how to get out from underneath it.

Do I think Dakich is a great coach? No. Do I think they would have done better if they'd had Ray McCallum as their coach? I doubt it.

ABADays
03-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Well, the coach typically tells the players what to do, so...

And last I checked, Dakich also "coached" the Penn State game.

IU's three worst losses of the season have come under Dakich.

WTF? The three worst losses came at the hands of these spoiled, quitting brats who learned NOTHING about basketball this year. I listened or watched the whole season and I swear to God I can't figure out how this team won nearly the number of games they did. Because it sure didn't resemble anything that looked like a basketball team or passing or defense.

tdubb03
03-15-2008, 07:29 PM
I don't really think Moore'll be a better pro lol. Just trying to get a rise out of the pro-IU crowd. He certainly could end up being, but probably not.

clownskull
03-15-2008, 07:29 PM
as a Hoosier fan, i am disappointed by the way they have pretty much fallen apart down the stretch. i once thought they were sweet16 material and now i'm thinking they are 1st round loss material.
i feel bad for dj. he has put in so much effort and it looks like his career will end in a disappointing fashion. he deserves better. i don't care how lucky the shot may have been, i.u. didn't deserve to win- minn. outplayed them for a good 90% of the game.
now, i am not trying to pick a fight with anyone since there are several who do this and i recognize that it is their right to do so but....
man i sure do get sick of reading about gordon and him being referred to as ej.
now i know that people used to call micheal jordan mj for short and thats fine- he earned it. now, not only does eric gordan not have the same last name and thus it does not fit- to compare him even like that is simply ridiculous and so premature- sometimes it makes me wanna puke.
i think he will be pretty successful pro but, i don't think the pacers should really bother with getting him since he doesn't play the point and he isn't a center or anything we need most. there are more necessary players out there for the pacers should they get a good pick.

Trader Joe
03-15-2008, 07:35 PM
Eric Gordon is not called EJ in reference to Michael Jordan. Jesus. Its in reference to him being Eric Gordon Jr. his nickname has always been EJ.

Doug
03-15-2008, 07:39 PM
I

N

I

clownskull
03-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Eric Gordon is not called EJ in reference to Michael Jordan. Jesus. Its in reference to him being Eric Gordon Jr. his nickname has always been EJ.
hmm, didn't know that.
oh well, i still stand by hoping the pacers don't take take him since he wouldn't fill a need for this team.

Kegboy
03-15-2008, 08:58 PM

For the record, Ben Howland guarded the inbounder against Stanford tonight, and it worked just fine.

Dakich isn't a good coach, anybody who saw him at Bowling Green knows that. But he was put in a no-win situation (for all the comparisons to Steve Fisher, there's a big difference between a coach quitting and a coach getting forced out.) You IU guys act like if it wasn't for him you'd be on your way to the Final Four. That just doesn't happen a month after half the team threatens to quit.

grace
03-15-2008, 10:23 PM
hmm, didn't know that.
oh well, i still stand by hoping the pacers don't take take him since he wouldn't fill a need for this team.

Don't feel bad. I thought people just didn't know how to spell Gordon. :shrug:

DisplacedKnick
03-16-2008, 08:44 AM
Well, I'll transform this into a seeding prediction:

Wisconsin - a 2 if they win, a 3 if they lose.

Mich State - 4

Purdue - 5

IU - 6

If Illinois wins (be hard to believe) - 12

I'm not sure the Big Ten has an Elite 8 Team this year - the talent level of these top teams just isn't that good. IU IMO has the most talent - or tourney-ready talent anyway plus an inside-out combo. And even IU's talent level isn't that high.

Shade
03-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Well, I'll transform this into a seeding prediction:

Wisconsin - a 2 if they win, a 3 if they lose.

Mich State - 4

Purdue - 5

IU - 6

If Illinois wins (be hard to believe) - 12

I'm not sure the Big Ten has an Elite 8 Team this year - the talent level of these top teams just isn't that good. IU IMO has the most talent - or tourney-ready talent anyway plus an inside-out combo. And even IU's talent level isn't that high.

I hope Wiscy wins. I don't like Weber.

I see these as the seedings:

Wisconsin - 2 (3 if they lose)
Indiana - 5
Purdue - 5
Michigan State - 6
Illinois - 10 (if they win)

grace
03-16-2008, 12:27 PM
I hope Wiscy wins. I don't like Weber.

What's wrong with Weber (besides the fact that Eric Gordon preferred Kelvin Sampson)?

Shade
03-16-2008, 10:22 PM
What's wrong with Weber (besides the fact that Eric Gordon preferred Kelvin Sampson)?

Weber's a classless crybaby. I already didn't like him before the bush league crap he pulled when they played IU earlier.