PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I'm about to say this, but...

Shade
06-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Since Detroit has next to no legitimate chance of beating the Lakers, I'm rooting for an LA sweep. :o At this point, I just want the season to end so the offseason talk can REALLY heat up.

Hicks
06-04-2004, 01:31 PM
I want a long competitive Finals; I want to be entertained. Besides, even if it's over quickly, that doesn't make the offseason faster, just makes it a week LONGER. :(

Dukins
06-04-2004, 01:36 PM
I dont know about the sweep but im definitely ready for the offseason. Especially with all this trade talk. We will definitely be a player in this year's transaction.

indygeezer
06-04-2004, 01:37 PM
You guys just made me think of a question.

Will we ever see any of this year's ECF series on ESPN Classics?

Slick Pinkham
06-04-2004, 01:42 PM
I want Detroit to win, but all of the reasons are NEGATIVE, i.e. I want the Lakers to lose.

-deny smug Phil Jackson
-deny cheap-shot artist Karl Malone
-get Kobe's mug off the TV
-no more "insightful quotes" :rolleyes: from Shaq
-make those beautiful Hollywood types cry
-shut up all the people ragging on the East as the JV league.

The only positive I see is to at least a little bit pull for Larry Brown.

Fool
06-04-2004, 01:50 PM
You guys just made me think of a question.

Will we ever see any of this year's ECF series on ESPN Classics?

I don't know. Games usually need some sort of hook on there so possibly the record setting block game. I can't really see any other though.

bulletproof
06-04-2004, 01:59 PM
If it looks like it's going to be a quick series (i.e. the Lakers easily beat the Pistons in the first two games), then I'd like to see a sweep, just to see the Pistons (and their fans) completely humbled. :devil:

Of course, nothing would be better than to see the Lakers and their fans get that collective smirk wiped off their faces, but I just don't see it happening.

Kstat
06-04-2004, 02:19 PM
If it looks like it's going to be a quick series (i.e. the Lakers easily beat the Pistons in the first two games), then I'd like to see a sweep, just to see the Pistons (and their fans) completely humbled. :devil:

Of course, nothing would be better than to see the Lakers and their fans get that collective smirk wiped off their faces, but I just don't see it happening.

Yeah, it would probably sting for idunno, a minute or so, but then I could log onto my computer, look at my wallpaper and say to myselef, "oh thats right, we made it to the FINALS, didn't we?"

Yeah, I think that'd cheer me RIGHT up :D

Suaveness
06-04-2004, 02:20 PM

Yeah, it would probably sting for idunno, a minute or so, but then I could log onto my computer, look at my wallpaper and say to myselef, "oh thats right, we made it to the FINALS, didn't we?"

Jerk.

LAPacer
06-04-2004, 02:21 PM

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.

-Vince Lombardi

sweabs

Hey - you either get the trophy or you don't! :P .

Kstat

-Vince Lombardi

Aren't you the same guy that quoted OJ Simpson and Eric Lindross?

Hicks
06-04-2004, 02:23 PM

Jerk.

This is becoming your word of the day. :idea:

We should do what they did on Pee-Wee's Playhouse: Everytime you say Jerk, we all scream and wave our arms around :laugh:

LAPacer

-Vince Lombardi

Aren't you the same guy that quoted OJ Simpson and Eric Lindross?

No, I have no idea what you are talking about. What was their quote.

Kstat

Next year, that can be my attitude. But the goal each season is ONE STEP further every year. We've gone a step further. Everything beyond this is icing for me.

This year, I'll settle for that little piece of hardware Big Ben is holding.....

Suaveness
06-04-2004, 02:38 PM

Jerk.

This is becoming your word of the day. :idea:

We should do what they did on Pee-Wee's Playhouse: Everytime you say Jerk, we all scream and wave our arms around :laugh:

:laugh: Does someoen plan on recording that?

Suaveness
06-04-2004, 02:38 PM

Next year, that can be my attitude. But the goal each season is ONE STEP further every year. We've gone a step further. Everything beyond this is icing for me.

This year, I'll settle for that little piece of hardware Big Ben is holding.....

What piece of hardware....I don't see anything...

Next year you won't make the finals, sorry to say. It's the PACERS who will win the title. Keep that in mind.

Bball
06-04-2004, 02:40 PM
I'm not convinced Detroit has no realistic chance of beating the Lakers.

-Bball

bulletproof
06-04-2004, 02:41 PM

So, if you get swept or badly beaten in the finals, next year you'll settle for getting beaten in the finals, as long as you're not swept or badly beaten? :D

Kstat
06-04-2004, 02:41 PM

Next year you won't make the finals, sorry to say. It's the PACERS who will win the title. Keep that in mind.

I'll keep it in mind Suave good buddy.....just like i'll keep in mind that YOU will have to put up with the fact the Pistons are the Eastern Conference Champions.....for the NEXT 12 MONTHS......

fwpacerfan
06-04-2004, 02:42 PM

Yeah the Pacers making the finals in 2000 really means a lot today doesn't it? No one cares who finished 2nd. The Pistons have their chance THIS YEAR. There are no guarantees about next year.

Next year if the Pacers and Pistons meet in ECF there might not be the injuries for the Pacers. Ben Wallace might actually get a foul called against him. SOMEONE will actually guard Rip. Reggie will DUNK the ball instead of laying it up. We won't have Al around to stagnate the offense. We will have an outside threat. JO will consistently post up 10 feet from the basket instead of 20 feet.

Kstat
06-04-2004, 02:42 PM

So, if you get swept or badly beaten in the finals, next year you'll settle for getting beaten in the finals, as long as you're not swept or badly beaten? :D

One step=advancing 1 more round

Next year its championship or bust.

LAPacer
06-04-2004, 02:44 PM

I'll keep it in mind Suave good buddy.....just like i'll keep in mind that YOU will have to put up with the fact the Pistons are the Eastern Conference Champions.....for the NEXT 12 MONTHS......

Kepp in mind Kstat good buddy, that the Pacers are the Central Division Champions for the NEXT 12 MONTHS...

Hicks
06-04-2004, 03:11 PM
I'm not convinced Detroit has no realistic chance of beating the Lakers.

-Bball

The more I've thought about it, the more I've come to have a similar line of thinking about this series. Of course, one good beat-down by LA could change my tune pretty quick. :D

Suaveness
06-04-2004, 05:05 PM

Who are the Pistons? Never heard of em...

TheSauceMaster
06-04-2004, 05:13 PM
I just wanna see Karl Malone give Rip Hamilton a nice and Hard Pick , His teamamtes wont have to tell him to stay down this time :laugh:

indygeezer
06-04-2004, 05:22 PM
Funny thing is, most of us were willing to cheer on the Pistons in hopes of bringing the Championship to the EC. But I'm not so sure anymore that all this shyte talking ain't changing some peoples minds about that. Mine included.

Hoop
06-04-2004, 05:47 PM
I'm still holding out on the ground opening up and swallowing both teams. :devil:

LAPacer
06-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Funny thing is, most of us were willing to cheer on the Pistons in hopes of bringing the Championship to the EC. But I'm not so sure anymore that all this shyte talking ain't changing some peoples minds about that. Mine included.

The **** talking definitely solidified my choice to root for the evil empire. Go evil empire. :cry:

Artestaholic
06-04-2004, 06:14 PM
I have and always will root for the Lakers, or any western conference team, before I'll root for any non-Pacer eastern conference team.
When an EC team finally wins the championship, I want it to be the Pacers.

Cory
06-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Since Detroit has next to no legitimate chance of beating the Lakers, I'm rooting for an LA sweep. :o At this point, I just want the season to end so the offseason talk can REALLY heat up.

Sorry Shade, but there will be no sweep in this series especially by the Lakers, The Lakers WILL lose this series in maybe 5 but probably 6 games, Detroit should split the first 2 games in L.A. then will win 2 out of 3 at home before destroying the Lakers in game 6,,,,,