PDA

View Full Version : Thought i would bring this up again

Dukins
06-04-2004, 01:17 PM
BYC status will be up for Jason Terry soon. The hawks want a power forward and Harrington usually abuses them every year. Why wouldn't they bring him aboard. Only problem our backcourt would be pretty small. I just thought i would bring it up because we could kill two birds with one stone. A pg/sg plus one of the picks. Any thoughts on Terry or Stephen Jackson for that matter.

sweabs
06-04-2004, 01:20 PM
I think Terry is too small to be a good SG...and as far as PG goes, stick with Tinsley!

Pig Nash
06-04-2004, 01:21 PM
I think Terry is too small to be a good SG...and as far as PG goes, stick with Tinsley!

my thoughts exactly.

Hicks
06-04-2004, 01:26 PM
How tall is Terry? Is he really any shorter than Jones?

He's an explosive scorer with 3 point range. Could do us good.

What I've heard for a year now is we're interested, Hawks are willing to listen, but have always asked for Artest, which obviously won't happen. Dunno if it ever happens. I like Terry, though.

sweabs
06-04-2004, 01:32 PM
How tall is Terry? Is he really any shorter than Jones?

He's an explosive scorer with 3 point range. Could do us good.

What I've heard for a year now is we're interested, Hawks are willing to listen, but have always asked for Artest, which obviously won't happen. Dunno if it ever happens. I like Terry, though.

He is listed as 6-2 on nba.com, which is the same as Freddie.

The big difference in my eyes though, is Fred's slashing ability, able to penetrate and get inside, and is more athletic and can do the jumping/acrobatics once he gets to the hole.

Terry isn't as athletic, and isn't the slasher like Jones...Terry is a better spot up shooter...but I think everyone here wants a SG who can create their own shot, and Terry might not be the ideal guy for that.

Dukins
06-04-2004, 01:32 PM
PPG
16.8 APG
5.4 SPG

Height: 6-2
Weight: 180 lbs.
Pos: PG

Born: September 15, 1977, Seattle, WA
Drafted: 1999, 1st round, 10th pick by Hawks
College: Arizona

Wow way too small. I thought he was at least 6'4"

What about Tinsley and Harrington for Terry and #6 and #17 in the draft. :alcohol:

Hicks
06-04-2004, 01:53 PM
I've seen him burn us too many times to buy he can't creat his own shot or slash. He's DONE IT to us. He can pull shots out of his ***, too. I remember once he kind of spun in air from 3, launched it, swish.

LAPacer
06-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Terry is rumored to have issues in the locker room getting along with teammates. I like is game tho.

Dukins
06-04-2004, 02:37 PM
Winning changes attitudes. :dance: :pepper:

Suaveness
06-04-2004, 02:39 PM
Winning changes attitudes. :dance: :pepper:

Ahem...cough...Malone....Payton...cough...

Kstat
06-04-2004, 02:39 PM
Terry isnt a PG, he's a SG. Playing him at PG would be suicide.

Dukins
06-04-2004, 02:43 PM
Interchangeable. I think he plays pretty good as a pg. Bottom line i would like someone who can create his own shot effortlessly.

Snickers
06-04-2004, 02:48 PM
He's a guard who can creat his own shot and hit from outside. Maybe a little small, but I think he fits the description of what we're looking for relatively well.

fwpacerfan
06-04-2004, 02:52 PM
He's a guard who can creat his own shot and hit from outside. Maybe a little small, but I think he fits the description of what we're looking for relatively well.

Are you talking about Terry or Freddie? You described Freddie very well if that is who you were talking about. Why trade for a Freddie clone?

Snickers
06-04-2004, 03:03 PM

Are you talking about Terry or Freddie? You described Freddie very well if that is who you were talking about. Why trade for a Freddie clone?

Terry is a proven offensive star, and he fits the bill of what we're looking for in a SG relatively well. But I agree that if Freddie plays like he did this postseason, he fits just as well.

If we don't add a new SG, I'll be more than happy to have Freddie be the man. But at this point, all we can do to keep from falling into a state of insanity/depression is speculate about trades and free agents. :neutral:

Dukins
06-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Fred doesnt have a consistent shot yet. Its always better when you know what your getting in return. Terry is a little more established.

fwpacerfan
06-04-2004, 03:09 PM

Terry is a proven offensive star, and he fits the bill of what we're looking for in a SG relatively well. But I agree that if Freddie plays like he did this postseason, he fits just as well.

If we don't add a new SG, I'll be more than happy to have Freddie be the man. But at this point, all we can do to keep from falling into a state of insanity/depression is speculate about trades and free agents. :neutral:

I agree on all points. The trade I heard about that intrigued me the most was a Al for Jamal Crawford trade. I like Crawford's game and I like he can b/u at PG and start at SG. He has improved in every category each year he's been in the league. His shooting is only around 39% but he is scorer. He also has nice size 6'5" and is an adequate defender, not great but servicable. I think he could develop into a good defender with some coaching.

sweabs
06-04-2004, 03:13 PM

I agree on all points. The trade I heard about that intrigued me the most was a Al for Jamal Crawford trade. I like Crawford's game and I like he can b/u at PG and start at SG. He has improved in every category each year he's been in the league. His shooting is only around 39% but he is scorer. He also has nice size 6'5" and is an adequate defender, not great but servicable. I think he could develop into a good defender with some coaching.

All I have to say about Crawford is this.

If you think Ron takes some ill-advised shots.........................YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHIN YET.

I can't see Crawford playing under Carlisle...just my opinion.

Snickers
06-04-2004, 03:14 PM

I think I'd take Crawford before I'd take Terry. They can both put up numbers, but Crawford's got better size, and he's more strong and athletic than Terry. And from what I've heard, he's most likely more available than Terry, unless Terry is grumpy enough in Atlanta to force a trade.

Also, Chicago has other guards that could fill in for Crawford, I'd think the Hawks would want Tinsley.

And besides, having two guys with the initials JT would make things way too confusing. :(

Natston
06-04-2004, 03:22 PM
People are scared away from Crawford because he's a supposed malcontent. But I wonder if his attitude can be changed simply by winning...

It's really hard to judge talent on bad teams, so I think it would equally risky trading for either Crawford or Terry...