PDA

View Full Version : Troy Hudson Opts Out

Doug
06-04-2004, 12:56 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=fanball-timberwolveshudsonop&prov=fanball&type=lgns

He might be an option with the mid-level.

MSA2CF
06-04-2004, 12:58 PM
I'd welcome him. He's quick, handles the ball well, can shoot, and is a very good free throw shooter.

Pig Nash
06-04-2004, 01:00 PM
I'm pretty sure that someone can offer him a better deal. I'd also rather acquire a SG with the MLE.

Unclebuck
06-04-2004, 01:01 PM
he is more talented than AJ. Hudson is capable of scoring 20 points in any game he plays. Great on the pick and rolls. Defensively he is average.

I think he is looking to start, and he won't do that here. Overall I would rather have AJ as the backup due to defense, willingness to accept role and other intangibles.

Hudson got offensive talent though. No question. If he were to go to a team that featured him and wanted him to score, he could easily average between 18-20 points.

Dukins
06-04-2004, 01:04 PM
I would think Larry would jump on this. He would be a great compliment to Tinsley. I dont think it would happen. We would run into the problem of him wanting to start. He could start for most teams. Id welcome him with open arms if he decided to come here. :welcome:

ChicagoJ
06-04-2004, 01:06 PM
I've always thought of him as a ballhog. Maybe its just me. :whoknows:

sweabs
06-04-2004, 01:06 PM
I would think Larry would jump on this. He would be a great compliment to Tinsley. I dont think it would happen. We would run into the problem of him wanting to start. He could start for most teams. Id welcome him with open arms if he decided to come here. :welcome:

It would never happen though...and I agree with UB, AJ is a better fit for the backup PG position here.

Dukins
06-04-2004, 01:09 PM
I dont think AJ is the answer. THe offense becomes to bogged down when he is in the game. Just look at when Rafer Alston would come in to the game. He would bring so much energy. I think thats what we need. Someone who could keep the pace Jamaal sets when we are spanking teams in the first quarter. We need another penetrating pg who can get his own shot. Aj is not the answer.

sweabs
06-04-2004, 01:11 PM
I dont think AJ is the answer. THe offense becomes to bogged down when he is in the game. Just look at when Rafer Alston would come in to the game. He would bring so much energy. I think thats what we need. Someone who could keep the pace Jamaal sets when we are spanking teams in the first quarter. We need another penetrating pg who can get his own shot. Aj is not the answer.

Well a guy like Hudson is not going to want to be a backup.

Dukins
06-04-2004, 01:13 PM
ditto :zip:

Slick Pinkham
06-04-2004, 01:18 PM
Just look at when Rafer Alston would come in to the game. He would bring so much energy.

Hmmm..

free agent Rafer Alston.

Mel-Mel and skip-to-my-Lou on the Rucker Park Pacers!

sweabs
06-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Just look at when Rafer Alston would come in to the game. He would bring so much energy.

Hmmm..

free agent Rafer Alston.

Hey, Ronnie plays at Rucker in the summers too!

Same with Pollard........... :laugh: .

Dukins
06-04-2004, 01:23 PM
I think that would bring so much life to Conseco. It would be a good one two punch. :boxer:

sweabs
06-04-2004, 01:26 PM

Hmmm..

free agent Rafer Alston.

And maybe we can bring in Marbury while we're at it too!!! :rotflmao:.

Fool
06-04-2004, 01:32 PM
I would think Tinsley would be the back-up if the Pacers got Hudson. Last year (when he started and wasn't injured) he scored more, had a better asst/to ratio and then you would have Tinsley to keep the pace off the bench. Hudson also adds the third scorer that teams would have to respect widening the floor for the big men.

Kegboy
06-04-2004, 07:43 PM
A year ago I would have been leading the get-Hudson bandwagon. He and Tinsley would be perfect as a new-age Jax-and-Best combo. But Tinsley's cemented himself as the starter, which means Troy's not coming here. :shrug:

TheSauceMaster
06-05-2004, 12:43 AM
But Tinsley's cemented himself as the starter, which means Troy's not coming here. :shrug:

I wouldn't be so sure , I seen Rick making some comments That it's up too Jamaal if he keeps it and it's his too lose .

I wouldn't call that a 100% Locked up ;)