PDA

View Full Version : Spinning Lady

Bball
03-06-2008, 04:23 AM
Supposedly some people see this lady spinning counter clockwise... others see her spinning clockwise...
What do YOU see?
(I see clockwise when I first see it)

http://stevesfishingsupplies.com/AboutSteve/Turning_Lady.gif

bellisimo
03-06-2008, 04:25 AM
i see counter clockwise first

and just as I type this it turned into clockwise...

Twes
03-06-2008, 09:29 AM
What spinning?

Gyron
03-06-2008, 09:36 AM
i see counter clockwise first

and just as I type this it turned into clockwise...

Same here.

bellisimo
03-06-2008, 10:44 AM
still stuck on clockwise and doesnt want to go back....

Stryder
03-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Stuck on counterclockwise.

Pig Nash
03-06-2008, 01:06 PM
I only ever see clockwise.

Twes
03-06-2008, 02:27 PM
truthfully I do see spinning.

I only see counter clockwise.

:cool:

Pig Nash
03-06-2008, 02:28 PM
well now she's going counter.

Pig Nash
03-06-2008, 02:30 PM
If you concentrate really hard on her foot (the bottom one + the shadow) you can flip her around.

Twes
03-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Looks like a C cup

:drool:

Twes
03-06-2008, 02:36 PM
If you concentrate really hard on her foot (the bottom one + the shadow) you can flip her around.

I'll be damned if that didn't work.

Twes
03-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Or maybe it just switches just to flock with you.

:crazy:

bellisimo
03-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Or maybe it just switches just to flock with you.

:crazy:

thats what i thought till i got some friends to check it out with me at the same time on the same screen...results were various...some said clockwise...others said counter...

Twes
03-06-2008, 05:07 PM
This reminds me of that old frog in a blender joke.

I'm spinnin I'm spinnin

Cut it out

:eek:

Bball
03-06-2008, 05:11 PM
It's a left brain/right brain thing is how it is explained. Depending on which side of the brain you're using to view it, you'll see it differently.

I had to post it to get some varying opinions because I was having a hard time believing people could see it differently.

I'm pretty sure I did switch my perception of it for a short bit as I was scrolling the original email it was attached in. But afterwards I couldn't repeat that which got me doubting my own thoughts on it!

It's weird.... Where's Andy? We need a more thorough medical explanation.

As for the idea about concentrating on the bottom and the foot and shadow, that would be similar to how I think I got it to switch before because I was reading text under the pic and only that part was viewable. I thought maybe it was because I was switching 'brain' gears and reading that forced the change. Maybe when you focus on a tiny area and really try and analyze just a small section, it causes you to use a different part of your brain. :confused:

-Bball

Twes
03-06-2008, 08:07 PM
http://www.randominc.net/spinninglady/

Bball
03-06-2008, 08:53 PM
http://stevesfishingsupplies.com/AboutSteve/Turning_Lady.gif http://stevesfishingsupplies.com/AboutSteve/Turning_Lady.gif

Bball
03-06-2008, 08:58 PM
OK.... for me... with two of these spinning ladies side by side the effect is easier to see. Just seeing two of them seems to cause things to look different...
If not, focus only one of them and try and just keep the other all but out of view or concentration.

Sometimes they seem to start in another direction and then back the other way. Sometimes they'll continue in the other direction.

Try scrolling the web page and see if that affects you as well.

Unlike the link that Twes provided, these above are the ORIGINAL images with no lines added to alter perception. They are both identical and neither has been altered in any way.

EDIT: OK... I realize I need to step away from the computer... BUT... If I put my mouse pointer over to the right, at the edge of the blue text portion of the screen, and then focus my attention on it while I move the pointer itself right/left and/or up and down... or around... I can see the spinning lady change directions in the corner of my eye. Sometimes she'll continue for a while in the new direction when I look back at her. Other times she'll go back to the clockwise direction that is the way I usually see her.

-Bball

kester99
03-06-2008, 09:31 PM
I have not been able to get the double lady to rotate in opposite directions...always both go the same way...but I'm working on it.

The Toxic Avenger
03-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Hmmm I must be a super genius because I can switch her at will. I can alter the twins to synch, alternate, or just go around in a figure 8... never making a full 360. Though I CAN'T get a figure 8 and a 360... odd.

Full disclosure I've seen this a few times before.

kester99
03-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Well, I've got one going the 360, and the other switching every 180...guess that's what you're talking about...but still can't get opposing 360s.

Well, I followed TWES' link and then the link to the Perth news article, and apparently I'm right brain-ish...at first I could only see the single figure as going clockwise.

Twes
03-07-2008, 07:54 AM
This is why eyewitness testimony is so flawed and why lawyers make so much money.

:cool: