PDA

View Full Version : Hagler or New Blood to replace Morris

jeffg-body
03-05-2008, 12:03 AM
To me, Hagler is a good solid player, but doesn't have the beef to be a strong side LB starting in this league. The two guys I like who are either in FA or searching for a trade are Rosavelt Colvin and Vilma. I like Colvin a ton because he has speed and has played for a winning defense, especially a rival teams d. Vilma is also fast, and is younger but I like Colvin myself and he is a local guy. Vilma may make a more difficult trade with us having no 1st rd. pick. Other guys on the roster like Sessions seem to be of the smallish stature and better suited in the weakside slot and special teams.

Noodle
03-05-2008, 01:44 AM
Hagler is all over the field. He should be the guy. Plus, he is used to the easy to learn cover scheme. Don't recall ever seeing this guy miss too many tackles. He is better than Morris is at this point anyway. Unless we get a OLB with or first pick, Hagler's a lock.

McClintic Sphere
03-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Hagler is better at the weakside, but we already have Freddy there. With Keiaho, Hagler and Bracket on the field at the same time though, we have our three best playmaking linebackers out there.

SoupIsGood
03-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Clint Session says hi.

burnzone
03-05-2008, 03:10 PM
I agree on Clint Session, he will definitely be in the mix for possibly the SAM position during training camp.

I do like Hagler, but Session will also get playing time.

Noodle
03-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Session is a honorable mention. He will emerge this season I can feel it, but Haglar is still the answer. The Colts love to be injured, like the Pacers, except they have depth, so Session wil dazzle us all with his 4.3/4.4 speed.

tdubb03
03-06-2008, 07:57 AM
If they decide to go with Hagler or Sessions I wouldn't go crazy, but I'd prefer our first draft pick be an OLB. A guy like Xavier Adibi, I've seen us picking him in a few mock drafts. That'd be great.

jeffg-body
03-07-2008, 11:38 PM
I thought we traded our first rounder last year to get Ugoh. If we trade to get into the first round I would pick a tall playmaking receiver that has great upside and attitude (james hardy). Marvin is getting long in the tooth and having Marvin mentor him a few years would be amazing.

Noodle
03-12-2008, 11:14 PM
We do need to draft offense again this year. The attack is getting old. We can always get smaller, faster defensive players later on in the draft, ones we can develope. We always do. For the first time, the Colts defense hasn't changed much from last year.