PDA

View Full Version : HD signal question...

Erik
03-04-2008, 07:36 PM
I got a small HD t.v. for the bedroom over the weekend. The cable wire runs straight to the t.v. which is a little different from my living room where I run an HDMI cable into the t.v. from a Comcast digital cable box. On the new t.v. I'm getting all kinds of different channels that I don't get in the living room. Sometimes some of these "new" stations will be available and sometimes they won't. I was flipping through earlier today and "Call of Duty 4" pops up on my t.v. screen, It looks just like I am playing it, only I'm not. At first I thought that it was G4 or some other video game station. But it didn't seem to be, I sat through the last 3 minutes of a match and watched as a new one started and when it was over, it was shut off just like someone quit the game. My question is, could my t.v. really have been picking up someone's gameplay?

bellisimo
03-04-2008, 07:42 PM
can't say i've ever heard of such an instence where the TV is able to pick up someone's gameplay

that is rather odd though

MagicRat
03-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Somewhere buried in On Demand I've seen video game previews.

I'm assuming your tv's qam tuner is picking up that signal......

[edit] On Demand -> HD On Demand -> The Cutting Edge -> Game Invasion

Erik
03-05-2008, 06:50 AM
Somewhere buried in On Demand I've seen video game previews.

I'm assuming your tv's qam tuner is picking up that signal......

[edit] On Demand -> HD On Demand -> The Cutting Edge -> Game InvasionI was thinking that it was something like that. Do you ever watch any? Does it look like regular gameplay with no commentary? When the first game was finished, it even showed the player leave the lobby and try for a new one.