PDA

View Full Version : Eagles after Reggie?

tdubb03
02-26-2008, 09:52 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/Eagles_Trade_Package_for_Reggie_Wayne/151514

I know this trade is crazy. I know this trade will never happen. Call me an idiot for posting it if you want. Just something to talk about until the real trade and draft rumors start rolling.

IN: Reggie Brown, Chris Gocong, 2008 1st round pick
OUT: Reggie Wayne

The best part about the whole thing is the Eagles fans who think they'd be giving up too much to get Reggie.

Moses
02-26-2008, 10:44 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/Eagles_Trade_Package_for_Reggie_Wayne/151514

I know this trade is crazy. I know this trade will never happen. Call me an idiot for posting it if you want. Just something to talk about until the real trade and draft rumors start rolling.

IN: Reggie Brown, Chris Gocong, 2008 1st round pick
OUT: Reggie Wayne

The best part about the whole thing is the Eagles fans who think they'd be giving up too much to get Reggie.
Well, to be honest the Eagles would be giving up to much to get Reggie..mainly due to the ridiculous value of 1st rounders. I do think that Reggie in actuality is worth more then that, but in terms of NFL standards..the Eagles are giving up to much. With that said, it wouldn't be an awful trade for either side although I do not see it happening. Wayne is a sure fire probowler for the next 7+ years of his career..something that the 1st rounder you get from the Iggles probably wont be. Reggie Brown is a solid guy who would be a borderline pro bowler in Indy. Not really close to how good Wayne is though.

If this deal were to actually go down, I'd imagine it would be more like Wayne + 3rd rounder for Reggie Brown, Eagles 1st rounder, and Gocong.

ilive4sports
02-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Yea its actually not a horrible deal. You guys get the number 19 pick, a good receiver in Brown and a good young LB in Gocong. He has some serious potential. Philly needs a number one receiver badly and Wayne would be great for us.

I doubt it happens though. I dont see why the Colts would trade Wayne, especially with how Harrison had injury problems this year.

tdubb03
02-26-2008, 11:14 PM
You guys have convinced me somewhat. Not that it could happen mind you, just that it's not so outlandish. Gocong would give us much needed LB depth. If it were last season when we had more pressing needs the 1st could be a lot more valuable, but there's really no hole that is so empty that it would take a 1st rounder to fill it.

travmil
02-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Wishful thinking on the part of Iggles fans. Having Reggie is like having two #1 receivers. I can only think of a few receivers I'd trade Reggie for straight up, let alone in a deal where part of it could bust. Reggie isn't going anywhere but the Colts next opponent's endzone.

Sollozzo
02-26-2008, 11:31 PM
I would freaking hate that.

That would have to tick Manning off. I couldn't imagine the Colts doing anything that drastic without talking to Manning, and there is no way Manning would like that.

Lord Helmet
02-27-2008, 12:27 AM
Are you guys serious? So say the Lions give us a good pick and few LB's and DE's trading Peyton wouldn't be that bad of a deal, too?

:unimpress

No way in hell this happens.

Suaveness
02-27-2008, 12:42 AM
Hell no. Give up our best receiver? No way

Kraft
02-27-2008, 03:48 AM
Silly rumors. Trix are for kids.

http://www.obscure.org/~deathrose/Trix.jpg