PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else bored with the offseason already

Unclebuck
06-03-2004, 05:28 PM
It was fun for about 24 hours, talking about trades, talking about what needs to be done for next season, but I am bored by it all right now.

But I would so much rather be counting down to game #7 tonight with the Pistons, or worrying about how Foster is going to defend Shaq.

Oh, and it would be great looking forward to seeing Artest guard Kobe for 5,6, 7 games straight. The best one-on-one offensive player vs. the best one-on-one defender.

I don't mind so much that the Pacers lost in the ECF, but I mind more than the season is over.

I miss the anticipation of the "next game" more than anything. No more matchups to breakdown.

When does training camp start.

Hicks
06-03-2004, 05:30 PM
June isn't that bad.

Sunday kicks off the Finals, which will last a week or so, then there's the expansion draft, then the draft.

So at least there will be things to do and talk about this month.

Now, July-September, that's the killer.

I'm just glad we had the Pacers for a whole month longer this season than we've had them for years.

Tim
06-03-2004, 05:34 PM
I am going to try to take a couple weeks off before I go into full force Al defense mode.

I am a little sad that the season is over, but we had an excellent season. I just can't get into the 'major shake up needed' mentality when the Pacers had a record setting year.

Ultimate Frisbee
06-03-2004, 05:35 PM
I like offseason... it makes me miss basketball a bunch so I'm ready to watch another season avidly... Wait until after draft and then after July 1... there will be more Pacers news then...

Hicks
06-03-2004, 05:37 PM
I am going to try to take a couple weeks off before I go into full force Al defense mode.

I am a little sad that the season is over, but we had an excellent season. I just can't get into the 'major shake up needed' mentality when the Pacers had a record setting year.

Trading Al for a SG (Say Q.Richardson) isn't a major shakeup. :)

bulletproof
06-03-2004, 05:40 PM

Not only that, you're giving the guy what he wants...the chance to start somewhere.

LAPacer
06-03-2004, 05:43 PM
I'm with you. I'm already bored. After the showering of trade rumors, its just waiting for something to happen. I've tried rooting for Tamika Catchings and Nikki McCray but its not the same, so there really isn't much left to think about except my two week vacation in July :D

Tim
06-03-2004, 05:45 PM

Are you trying to bait me? Not going to work, see you in a few weeks :D

MSA2CF
06-03-2004, 09:22 PM
Don't worry. It won't be long before camp starts.

I remember after we went to the Finals, I was watching the news a few months later when camp was starting and they were talking about how it seemed like we just stopped playing a few days ago.

Time really does fly.

ChicagoJ
06-03-2004, 09:27 PM
It was fun for about 24 hours -snip-

No it wasn't. It has sucked since before our players finishing congratulating the Pistons and walked off the court.

:(

sweabs
06-03-2004, 09:30 PM
3 Words:

GO FLAMES GO!

Will Galen
06-03-2004, 09:33 PM
I like the off season except for the Brewer for Shaq trades some people suggest.

sweabs
06-03-2004, 09:34 PM
I like the off season except for the Brewer for Shaq trades some people suggest.

How about Carl English for Garnett?

Artestaholic
06-03-2004, 10:05 PM
This offseason will be better than most.
We KNOW the Pacers are gonna do something
The Fever are pretty good I guess, with the T-Mac of the WNBA, T-Cat
The draft looks as unpredictable as ever, a real sleeper could fall to anybody anywhere.
The expansion draft will be interesting.
Basketball at the Olympics.
Overall much better than ost offseasons. Just go out and enjoy the summer, and before yo uknow it, it'll be August and football preseason.

Artestaholic
06-03-2004, 10:08 PM
It was fun for about 24 hours -snip-

No it wasn't. It has sucked since before our players finishing congratulating the Pistons and walked off the court.

:(
It sucked as soon as Tayshaun Prince hit that shot with 48ish seconds left to make it a 6 point game. Thats when I reliezed the season was over :(

arkman40
06-03-2004, 10:14 PM
When does training camp start?

Heck I'll settle for Colts training camp.

sixthman
06-03-2004, 11:00 PM
I love Q Richardson but would someone explain what the heck the Clips could possibly want with Al Harrington. He'd still be playing off the bench, only this time behind Corey Maggette and Elton Brand.

Artestaholic
06-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Maggette is 6'6" 228 lb. g/f. You just move him down to SG. That takes care of the vacant 2 spot and allows Al to start.

MSA2CF
06-03-2004, 11:34 PM
I gotta find a away to use... that no 32 more... i just don't like runnin the ball... has the game cheats...

:omg: :confused: :shrug:

sweabs
06-04-2004, 12:12 AM
3 Words:

GO FLAMES GO!

Series is 3-2 for Calgary!!!!!!!!!!

Even though I'm a Leafs fan - this is pretty exciting - the cup could be back in Canada!!!

Kstat
06-04-2004, 12:13 AM
3 Words:

GO FLAMES GO!

Even though I'm a Leafs fan - this is pretty exciting - the cup could be back in Canada!!!

I'd trade any THREE Red Wings for Jerome Iginla.

sweabs
06-04-2004, 12:15 AM
3 Words:

GO FLAMES GO!

I'd trade any THREE Red Wings for Jerome Iginla.

Ahhh - your poor, poor Red Wings...maybe you'll just buy him down the road when he gets older.

Suaveness
06-04-2004, 12:26 AM
Someone shoot me....

TheSauceMaster
06-04-2004, 12:32 AM
Offseason = Real Life Back

Finally got to use my pool today , Enjoying the Sun , Family and Friends once again is nice.

I am not a baseball Fan so this is my break from sports til football starts again and then before I know it it's time for basketball again.

obnoxiousmodesty
06-04-2004, 12:36 AM
The summer is always a bore to me, until late July, when Colts' traing camp begins. Until then, barring any interesting NBA trades/signings, summer is a sports-free zone. Ugh. Wake me when it's over.

indygeezer
06-04-2004, 12:52 AM
I can remember 2 off seasons when people were clammoring for Donnie to dol something. Well in the 1st instance he traded Dale Davis....uh oh. People weren't too thilled the way THAT off-season turned out. (Now the JO for DD is a winner but then????)

The 2nd time was last year and we saw the type moves he made then (no thanks, not again)

Careful what you dream for.

skyfire
06-06-2004, 03:08 AM
Everyone should get a copy of NBA Ballers on Xbox, it is without doubt the best arcadey basketball game I have played since NBA Jam back on arcade machines. Has been taking up a good deal of my offseason time so far.