PDA

View Full Version : 310Boyz carp fishing video

FireTheCoach
02-22-2008, 02:33 PM
This is a vid I made about carp fishing in Indiana. Its mostly me on it but there are a couple other guys on my carp fishing team (Team 310) with big fish too.

Notice how often my Pacers gear gets into the pictures.... got to represent my two favorite hobbies, carp fishing and Pacers basketball.

Link to the video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xH54_xvVh0U

Twes
02-22-2008, 02:57 PM
This is a vid I made about carp fishing in Indiana. Its mostly me on it but there are a couple other guys on my carp fishing team (Team 310) with big fish too.

Notice how often my Pacers gear gets into the pictures.... got to represent my two favorite hobbies, carp fishing and Pacers basketball.

Link to the video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xH54_xvVh0U

I'd say you've got that figured out buddy.

The carp live in fear.

Very nice.

Twes

Los Angeles
02-22-2008, 05:32 PM
:cool:

Do you have footage of reeling one of those things in? I bet they put up a fight.

Twes
02-25-2008, 08:14 PM
When do you guys start fishing or do you fish year round?

FireTheCoach
02-28-2008, 12:21 AM
I fished this past year all the way up through the end of December. Actually some of the best fishing days of the year were right before Christmas.

Ive been fishing a few times this year but I wont really get serious about it again until probably mid March. I'll be fishing a tourney on April 19th, that will be the official start of my '08 carping season.

The weather looks like its about to change around here... the 7 day forcast is calling for high temps to be upper 40s lower 50s... but being a lifelong Hoosier I know how the weather is in Indiana and the winters around here seem to drag on and on with the occasional tease of springtime. I'm just waiting for the water temps to get around the 50 degree mark, thats when the carp start getting active in the spring.

Twes
02-28-2008, 08:19 AM
I fished this past year all the way up through the end of December. Actually some of the best fishing days of the year were right before Christmas.

Ive been fishing a few times this year but I wont really get serious about it again until probably mid March. I'll be fishing a tourney on April 19th, that will be the official start of my '08 carping season.

The weather looks like its about to change around here... the 7 day forcast is calling for high temps to be upper 40s lower 50s... but being a lifelong Hoosier I know how the weather is in Indiana and the winters around here seem to drag on and on with the occasional tease of springtime. I'm just waiting for the water temps to get around the 50 degree mark, thats when the carp start getting active in the spring.

I used to live up North in Wisconsin and to me, I'm not sure we even got winter this year. :D

I'm just glad to have a few months with no mowing.

FireTheCoach
02-28-2008, 08:42 AM
I used to live up North in Wisconsin and to me, I'm not sure we even got winter this year. :D

I'm just glad to have a few months with no mowing.

Yeah, this winter has been real dull... no big snowstorms, not in Indy at least, just lots of cloudy gray blahh type of days. We've had some cold weather but even thats not been too bad. Now up in northern Indiana I hear its been pretty snowy... but not around here.

I'll be mostly fishing the Ohio river this spring. I've found at least 3 promising looking spots to fish. The lower McAlpine dam in Clarksville In, the Bryants Creek public access near Patriot In, and the Rocky Point marina where Deer Creek spills into the Ohio river in Cannelton In. One of these three spots just might produce that state record carp I've been chasing for the past 20 years or so.

I also have some private land in Monticello on Lake Shafer that has produced several fish over 20lbs... but I'm thinking that this year I will concentrate most of my efforts on Ohio River lunkers. Surely there are 50lb carp in the Ohio. The current state record common carp is 43lbs 4oz.

Twes
02-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Yeah, this winter has been real dull... no big snowstorms, not in Indy at least, just lots of cloudy gray blahh type of days. We've had some cold weather but even thats not been too bad. Now up in northern Indiana I hear its been pretty snowy... but not around here.

I'll be mostly fishing the Ohio river this spring. I've found at least 3 promising looking spots to fish. The lower McAlpine dam in Clarksville In, the Bryants Creek public access near Patriot In, and the Rocky Point marina where Deer Creek spills into the Ohio river in Cannelton In. One of these three spots just might produce that state record carp I've been chasing for the past 20 years or so.

I also have some private land in Monticello on Lake Shafer that has produced several fish over 20lbs... but I'm thinking that this year I will concentrate most of my efforts on Ohio River lunkers. Surely there are 50lb carp in the Ohio. The current state record common carp is 43lbs 4oz.

That's a load man. What kind of line are you using (poundage)?

You are still living the dream aren't you. :D

Twes
02-28-2008, 02:45 PM
I've held a 65 lb catfish.

I've got that going for me.

:cool:

FireTheCoach
03-02-2008, 01:46 PM
I've been using 30lb Power Pro braid for the last few years. Its been a good line for me.

and YES>>>>

I'm still living the life and not complaining a bit! :D

I had a job for about 3 years straight.... hated every minute of it but found that its easy to caught up in that spiders web. It was cutting way too much into my free time.

Twes
03-03-2008, 05:14 PM
I've been using 30lb Power Pro braid for the last few years. Its been a good line for me.

and YES>>>>

I'm still living the life and not complaining a bit! :D

I had a job for about 3 years straight.... hated every minute of it but found that its easy to caught up in that spiders web. It was cutting way too much into my free time.

Jobs definitely have a tendency to do that. :cool:
I just hope when I retire I can still get my @ss up in a treestand.

Can't wait to have an entire season at my disposal.

Twes
03-12-2008, 02:33 PM
:bump: